[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrail Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25
File: Underrail1.jpg (455 KB, 1610x929) Image search: [Google]
Underrail1.jpg
455 KB, 1610x929
So I posted in a thread yesterday that I was stuck on the quest in the pic and some anon told me that Rail Crossing wasn't the only place the Faceless attacked. So I went to Core City and found a huge group of Faceless and they kicked my ass. Do I have to fight them?
>>
>>323574190
I don't think so. The Faceless also attacked the Foundry, you might want to investigate there.
>>
>>323574190
Take my advice. Try your best to help the faceless and not hurt them. Try not to kill any of them.
>>
>>323574190

You need to join with one of the Core City factions. Ignore the faceless there.
>>
>>323575343
Thanks, I guess I'll try Foundry.
>>323575650
Too late for that I killed them at Buzzer's shop.
>>323576012
I joined Coretech and did all the missions up to the warehouse defense. After that they won't give me any more missions. I also did Gorsky's up to the base capture and he won't give me any more.
>>
In the foundry how do I convince Chief that Todor is innocent?
>>
>>323574190
how do you increase psi crit multiplier? I know of neural overclocking and psi headbands, is there anything else?
>>
>>323576594
Trance drug and psychosis feat.
>>
>>323577260
psychosis increases chance, not multiplier
>>
File: Black_Arrow.png (274 B, 33x33) Image search: [Google]
Black_Arrow.png
274 B, 33x33
>>323574190
Have anyone found the Black Arrow unqiue sniper rifle?

Literally the only unique I'm missing.
>>
>>323577408
Touche.

Trance does increases damage though, by 100%. That's pretty good.
>>
>>323577569
looking foward to finding a blueprint of it, then
>>
>>323577628
It also increases the cost of abilites by 20%, similar to psycho.
>>
>>323576569
bump
>>
>>323576569
You get his rifle and lie your ass off. You basically have to convince him that your guy dindonuffin, and although you can't prove it, there is no evidence against him either. If you saved Foundry from the Beast and helped Banner with the Faceless he will trust you and let him go.
>>
>>323576569
You need to prove that you trustworthy first, duh.

I'm not gonna spoonfeed you, it's one of the few quests that actually makes you think a little. Be resourceful.
>>
File: brat.jpg (37 KB, 707x258) Image search: [Google]
brat.jpg
37 KB, 707x258
Can you actually get anything out of playing along and tolerating this cunt?
>>
>>323579110
She in one of the ways of getting into the Talloski Manor. The other ones are to either sneak all by yourself or impress her equally annoying brother instead by being a gladiator.

Also, shie pays 300/500 charons if you bring her a caged borer.
>>
File: 1412224573917.jpg (177 KB, 1932x3036) Image search: [Google]
1412224573917.jpg
177 KB, 1932x3036
I am getting my ass kicked so hard in the junkyard right now. These acid mutants are ridiculous. This shit would be impossible if I didn't have 50stealth and some stealth gear.

Where the hell are the drill parts located anyway? I completed both the Black Eel and the Scrapper questlines so I can enter from either the wormhole or the front gate. I've collected a couple keycards as well as some old key from a mutant I killed.
>>
>>323579239
Thanks.

>Talloski Manor
Is there anything worth getting there?

Well, whatever. I'd rather be a Gladiator than put up with this. And fuck that, I already killed a borer by dropping a ton of molten steel on it, I'm not going to condemn another one to an even worse fate.
>>
>>323579693
Is there anything worth getting there?
Some rare blueprints sometimes but it's RNG, and given that you met her, there is a very special old men living there, oe that you might be interested in
>>
Seems like The Claw is pretty much the best backup weapon for a full psi character, right? The only enemies that are a threat later on are melee types, so they come to you, you stun them, hit them with The Claw for that sweet stackable 10% more dmg debuff and finish them off the next round.

That is of course if anything lives that long.
>>
>>323579861
Wha-
Aaaaaaah, okay. I get it now.

After crawling through the sewers and mapping the Drop Zone I promptly put that quest out of my mind. I must have missed her the few times I returned to the Bar since then.
>>
>>323579110
That's the one you can hit on, right? Where is she?
>>
Are throwing weapons any good in this game?
>>
>>323580459
Hardcore City Bar, one you get a certain quest.
>>
>>323580530
Yes they are useful, wouldn't say there are essential to have but useful.
>>
>>323579609
The drill part is in a barrel.
>>
>>323580530
I wouldn't say they are bad, but traps are better in most situations in my opinion.
>>
>>323580771
What part of the map? Do I need to open these garage door things?
How do I open them?
>>
Is this game difficult?
>>
>>323580817
>traps are better in most situations in my opinion.
They are pretty much equal.

You can set an unlimited amount of traps, but only outside of combat (unless you have the OP quick tinkering that is) and enemies need to actually walk into them.

Throwing has a cooldowns, but you can use it whenever you want.
>>
>>323576431
You have to impress coretech again by competing in the arena once you beat chemical agent you can meet the CEO of coretech.
>>
>>323580530
Grenades are useful. Put like 25 points into throwing or something. Get some frags and flashbangs.
>>
Why are people calling it "Underrale" now? Is it some new epic maymay that Toby worshippers started?
>>
>>323580929
You are looking for a map that has a house behind fences and a wall in the middle with locked doors. You can access it either from the east or from the north.
>>
>>323580943
There are some serious difficulty spikes at points, and if your build isn't good then you just get raped. There's some other stuff that makes things more difficult, like the fact that you can't spam health hypos because they have a fairly long cooldown time.
>>
>>323580943
It can be at times, yes. It also punishes bad builds.
>>
>>323580929
I cant remember the exact route in getting there.

All I remember is coming out a trap door inside a small room, opening up a curtain door, sneaking past a mutant and multiple dogs and opening a door a couple of feet away from another door then searching the barrels for the drill part.
>>
>>323580943
No. It punishes you for unfocused and/or bad character building and running headfirst into anything.

Try a few builds, bad ones will get exposed once you hit Depot A, which is not too far in.
>>
>>323581620
>bad ones will get exposed once you hit Depot A, which is not too far in.
Love this meme. It took me like 3 hours of gameplay to get there since I don't just rush through the game without exploring. I am glad that I went and got advice on a build instead of winging it and getting fucked.
Styg should add some started character builds like every other CRPG ever made.
>>
So I met these fags called "free drones" who stole a train worth of supplies from rail crossing just because it was sent from the protectorate.

should I kill them and take the supplies back?
>>
Why do you have to be such an asshole, holy shit.
>>
>>323581905
It isn't a meme though. You can breeze to Depot A in under an hour after your first time. The only bad builds not wrecked in Depot A are ones that invested in stealth
>>
>>323582084
Free Drones are fucking retarded anarchists. While the Protectorate has its flaws its still miles above those savages.
>>
>>323582084
Would you rather support expansionists with some saving graces like dealing with bandits and giving food to the poor, or self-rigteous nutjobs who kill anyone they don't like and who support bandits and cannibals?
>>
>>323582381
Not to mention killing them nets you an AKM and a TT.

Fuck factions, I need all the slavshit.
>>
>>323582396
>expansionists with some saving graces like dealing with bandits and giving food to the poor, or self-rigteous nutjobs who kill anyone they don't like and who support bandits and cannibals?

I feel like killing everyone is the only solution here
>>
>>323582526
Well that's an option too.

I joined Protectorate because it pays off to have powerful friends and they can be reasoned with, in case they ever think about attacking SGS I can tell them to fuck off.

If it doesn't work, I have so much info about them it's going to be easier to fight them.

Kinda like joining the House while still being on good terms with NCR in Fallout NV.
>>
Is there a bigger whiny faggot than Lenox Pierce?
>>
>killing someone with an ice spell takes away their thermodynamic destabilization
fucking lame
I wanted to do an awesome thermodynamic combo
>themo destabilization>cryo ball>fireball>thermo destabilization activates and explodes too

but the cryoball removes the destabilization
>>
>Deep Caverns
>Get rkd by swarms of monsters

FUCK YOU TCHORT
>>
>>323582952
I don't blame him, losing an older brother that carried you through a lot of shit can fuck you up.

Especially when you know something ain't right but everyone acts like it's completly normal to die in your sleep just like that.
>>
>>323583076
>that impotent manchild rage when you tell him you're calling off the investigation
>"uh.. That's not enough, uh, I don't uhm believe you" when you haven't pieced together all the conjectural evidence possible
>>
I thought Underrail was a shitty meme name for Undertale. I guess I was wrong.

I don't play either
>>
I found two Hydraulic fluid canisters in warehouse 2 but where is the last fluid canister?
>>
>>323583690
Many places.
>>
>>323584046
Literally where?
>>
>>323582084
They definitely don't make a good first impression. Just met them too, and I have to try really hard not to shoot them in the face.
>>
>>323584186
Burrowers-infested building to the South, near the broken elevator

Tchortist supplies room, you get the code if you scout the Faceless base for them
>>
>kill faggot bandits that stole train
>game goes into cutscene mode to allow one of the them to set up a bomb

that is some bullshit, why the fuck can't I kill the faggot before he set the bomb?
>>
>>323583690
South of the first living Faceless you see, which is the residential section. Go down one map and then left one, which should take you to a map with an elevator and a lot of burrowers
>>
>>323584408
He was squatting behind the train and your detection wasn't high enough.

One of these guys has an AKM, ergo they are slav descendants. He mastered the art of stealthy squatting.
>>
>>323584748
aww hell, not the guy you answered to, but I needed to kill the drones for the AKM? aww hell
>>
>>323584408
A bomb? Well, hat would have been fun. But fuck that, I'm not fighting these fuckers.
>>
>>323585094
Yup, one of Drones in their main base has a TT, too.

No slavshit for you.
>>
>>323585206
Well GAS THE DRONES :^)
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00012.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00012.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
>>323585426
That's my point, only those who joined Protectorate get to own all 3 pieces of russian engineering left in Underrail.
>>
is there a way out of deep caverns? I am scared
>>
Do these merchants have a cycle for getting credits or something?
>>
>>323586202
every 90 minutes, they restock money and new items
>>
>>323586197
Yes but its a difficult process you'll be there for the next 10-20 hours of gameplay.
>>
>>323586391
aww fuck my life, the faceless won't sell me shit and now I am stuck down there?

I suppose I could help the Psycho Tchorts
>>
How far can social skills get me in this game?
I'm going PSI caster with social skills, and some throwing to use grenades. But I'd really prefer to talk my way out of things.
>>
>>323582376
>be crossbow trap build
> any fight with multiple enemies takes 20 mins to set up with traps or I am btfo
>sneek through most of depot A because I run out of crossbow bolts and am usless in the last black eels quest
>later make my way to foundry through tinkering and reloading
> get a quest to kill this balor guy
> have a fun trip getting there enjoying the stealth mechanics
> find balor and set my arena with traps too kill of his adds
> trap balor in a poison beer trap
>timetodie.jpg
>fire at him with my trusty zepher crossbow
>8 damage
>spend the next hour and a half cheeseing that red eyed nigger with bear traps and corners.
I used a stack of 100 crossbow bolts and so many fucking nades and bear traps. Is my build bad or did I do him too early that fight made really worried about my build because there has already been some fights I can't prep for and if they have enemies like him this buld seems like it is toast.
>>
>>323586990
Social skills are pretty awful. The game has a lot of dialogue and good writing but "talking your way out" is something that only happens very rarely.
>>
File: 1441502670646.gif (3 MB, 270x240) Image search: [Google]
1441502670646.gif
3 MB, 270x240
>the captain's reaction when I tell him I couldn't find his train and giving up the search

Yell at me. Hate me. Tell me I'm incompetent, that I'm a horrible excuse of a human being, that SGS should kick me out for giving up on you. But not this. Not this,

What have I done.
>>
That Black Crawler fight was pure hell

Couldn't use most of my abilities and only managed to win when I got them to aggro me and chase me
>>
>Locus of Control
>Rage
>Force Field

Hilarious.
>>
>>323587105
Sounds like an awful build, sorry.
>>
>>323587105
your build seems shit but I can't tell for sure since I never did a crossbow build
>>
>>323587698
>no xp in classic mode
oh well, can't have everything
>>
What are silencers good for? Do the guns that have them keep you in stealth mode when you fire them?
>>
>>323587993
That is exactly why you don't play classic, so you an actually have fun.
>>
>>323587993
>playing classic

The oddity system is one of the best things I've ever seen in an RPG. It lets you level up properly no matter how you progress through the game.
>>
>>323588240
No. They are silent. If you kill someone silently then others won't rush to you. It can be achieved with crossbows, silenced guns, and mental psi powers. You will have to be fast, though. Which is why silenced guns become almost completely useless later in the game.
>>
>>323588240
Enemies (and even non-hostile NPCs) actually respond to noise and come looking for you.
>>
>>323588269
>>323588509
I don't have fun searching every nook and cranny looking for some scrap sculpture so I can level up

oddity is if you like exploring
I don't like exploring, I like fighting.

why should I pick oddity?
>>
>>323587105
I killed balor with 2 bear traps since he can break out of them so easily and I messed up by hitting stealth during one turn, crit him for a fuck ton of damage

Didn't have to set up any arena either, I just set up in that small room that has 2 doors and barrels. I let him do his rounds up north and then started attacking his flunkies until he finally came down and I quick tinkered his ass in place.

Get deadly snares, I'm criting for 600'sh at level 17 with an 80's quality bow, fire some bleed arrows and I do twice that damage.

Also it's not even necessary to trap balor if you don't want to, he's so slow that I could just run circles around him.
>>
>>323588641

I supported oddity until i played on classic. Classic is much better
>>
>>323588641
Most good oddities (2-3 exp) are actually in places with encounters, so there's that.
>>
What's the deal with the fucking speech checks in this game? Intimidate is my highest skill at 55 and I can't even get Elwood to give me his keycard without starting a fight. It feels like an Aggro skill more than anything else.
>>
>>323588801
>55

there is your problem
>>
>>323588801
try having 100
>>
>>323588801
some intimidate options only lead to fighting from my experience, I have 100 intimidate from cheating

persuasion is better honestly
>>
>>323588917
55 in persuasion can get you far, though. And getting the card from Elwood is a very early quest. He is probably maxing that skill.
>>
>>323588801
Social skills are fucking retarded, you need like 100 to pass the checks which you could spend on crafting and/or combat skills.
>>
>>323588917
>>323589002
It's as high as I can get it without dumping everything into persuasion.
>>
What's with the skill being capped by level? I wanted to specialize early and get maximum damage out one form of combat, but you can only invest up to 5 points per level.
>>
>>323589118
Try some stealth clothing and rathound leather. They increase intimidation. That +15 might make all the difference.
>>
>>323589183
Because otherwise you would become way too powerful way too fast. But hey, just play on Classic, it's basically easy mode.
>>
The deep caverns made me quit this game.
>>
>>323589183
it's to balance the game, same as the oddity system
>>
>>323589308
Already got a +5 from the balaclava. I'll see what I can do, but I've basically capped the skill at my level, and I've been exploring/encountering things pretty thoroughly on Classic.
>>
>>323589634
Found a Cannible's Butcher Knife that have +20 intimidation in the tunnels north of SGS Station. I SWATted their ass, so they were no threat. However, if they got initiative on you, you will be in big trouble.
>>
This game would have 10x more sales if area transition was instantaneous. Idk why it isn't it already looks like a isometric snes game. AND if you can run to get around like fallout 1-2.

It make the game replayable and more fun to play and get normal fags to actually buy it.
>>
>>323589931
>This game would have 10x more sales if area transition was instantaneous.
You are overestimating how many people actually give a fuck about such minor annoyances.

Normalfags wouldn't be interested anyway because it's not a game for people with an attention span of a goldfish.
>>
Seriously though, why is their no way to convince SGS to aid Rail Crossing? Why don't any of the oligarchs think about what would happen if RC fell and they could no longer get supplies from Camp Hathor? Why doesn't anyone care? Does Oculus even consider the ramifications of the Protectorate finding them if they become neighbors?
>>
>>323590198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=MgvaSu1OCfw
https://youtu.be/uKSCkJ1yCrg?t=116
LOOK THOSE LOAD TIMES ARE LIKE 1 second top
>>
>>323590592
I'm guessing the load times take more time because it quicksaves, no idea if that can be disabled
>>
I had to give it a negative steam review because of 2-4 second load times with I7 and no running
>>
>>323588240
You are better off putting some points in melee. Silencers are quickly useless since 5mm do shit damage and silencer further debuff damage.
>>
I wish this game have more swords-like weapon. I found a Kukri, but I would like more variety. The game doesn't even have machetes for example. It even has Ninja Tabi boots in the game, so a sword or 2 isn't too completely strange.
>>
>>323591391
wierd that it has a mech guy with blade hands but no swords.
>>
>>323591391
Dehumanizer is kinda like a short sword.

And Cleaver is, well, a meat cleaver.
>>
>>323587285
What build are you using? I just breezed past it with only one of the Rat dying, in fact, on my first attempt nobody died, I had to restart because I accidentally hit Gorsky with my Burst.
>>
File: Hard bullets.png (37 KB, 350x72) Image search: [Google]
Hard bullets.png
37 KB, 350x72
I won't be needing any TNT anymore it seems.
>>
>>323591070
They are good enough with shock/W2C bullets, expertise and high DEX.

But if you don't have all of these, don't even bother.
>>
>>323580929
explore and loot containers you fucking nigglet
>>
>second playthrough
>get to Arena
>kill the first gladiator with only Mental Breakdown and Bilocation
>get title "Firestarter"

what.
>>
File: a52.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
a52.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>323593680
You could say that you fried his mind.
>>
>>323592117
Crossbow, trapper, stealth so my abilities were pretty much gimped

Couldn't hit special tactics, couldn't place traps or throw shit at them for fear of hitting my companions, etc. I was just lost at what to do about the situation, I used fire bolts whenever I could to try to set them on fire but if my companions are in the way they take damage, shock bolts to stun people but my companions typically broke their stuns.

Only 1 rat died on me as well, the other tries it was sneaky that died on me.

I died from the psi users freeze abilities, the first time they hit me I was frozen, the second time I imploded into goo.
>>
So I played through the game as a AR Burst Tank with Sledgehammer backup, stealthy Sniper and Full Psi and I can safely say that Psi was way more fun than the other two. It's strong and diverse and allows for so much hilarious fuckery. What should I try next?
>>
File: Why .44 sucks.png (75 KB, 1690x400) Image search: [Google]
Why .44 sucks.png
75 KB, 1690x400
>>323594383
PISTOLS ONLY
>>
Does anyone know if you can change your portrait after starting? Like is there a folder somewhere it's saved?
>>
>>323594649
Only if you used a custom one as far as I know.
>>
>>323594716
I did use a custom one. I tried looking in the saves folder but the portrait isn't saved separately from the rest of the save file so I'm not sure where else it would be, or how to do it.
>>
>doing Depot A without any lockpicking or hacking skills
Now THIS is difficult. Or seems to be. You have to fight your way past auto-turrets. Those things will rip you to shreds.
>>
>>323594918
It's in the my games/Underrail folder.

Just swap it for whatever you want to use.
>>
>>323594928
you can just peak around a corner and fire at them

waste of ammo since they can take a lot of damage
>>
>>323594492
Are energy weapons even viable?
>>
>>323595447
Plasma guns are good.
>>
>>323595447
Plasma pistols have 125% base crit damage.

With top tier amplfier mod, it can go up to 200%+ on the weapon alone.

Add 25% from Practical Physicist, 30% from Sharpshooter and a fuck ton more from Critical Power, and you can get up to 700%+ crit damage, so 8 times the normal damage.

And if you manage to score a crit Execute, it will be 800%*250%= 2000%, 20 times normal damage.

With enough DEX you will be able to shoot twice in one turn, too.

I would say they are like gimmicky snipers with low range.
>>
>>323595060
You seem to misunderstand. I know how to put custom portraits into the game. I was asking if you could change the portrait on an already made character/save. In older cRPGs the portrait was just in the saves folder and you could swap it out at your leisure. Like I said earlier that doesn't seem to be the case with Underrail so I was hoping there was another way.
>>
>>323595918
I think just swapping it should change all the saves. Have you tried it?
>>
>>323595313
Fist-fighting, m8. It's enough to beat the shit out of the mutants, strangely, but not enough to overcome the armour on auto-turrets.
>>
>>323595889
>I would say they are like gimmicky snipers with low range.
Gimmicky snipers that can ignore most damage resistances. Energy+heat will hurt right past most defenses.
>>
>>323596054

Get EMP nades and beat the shit out of them with electro gloves.
>>
>>323596196
>Gimmicky snipers that can ignore most damage resistances.
So, just like snipers.

There is literally nothing snipers can't one shot, no matter the resistances or shields, except fro the final boss, I needed 2 for him.
>>
File: my latest save.jpg (89 KB, 837x596) Image search: [Google]
my latest save.jpg
89 KB, 837x596
>>323596035
No, because the portrait isn't saved separately like I mentioned earlier. This what the save folder looks like for a save. lmaps holds all the maps you've explored, and glent is the named NPCs you've interacted with. I assume the portrait is saved within a .dat file which I cannot access.
>>
>>323596380
I know how it looks like, now you misunderstood.

Try swapping the portrait in the custom portraits folder itself, might be the saves use that folder instead.
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00014.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00014.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>>323596870
Yup, just tried it.

Saves use the Custom Portraits folder, it's global.
>>
>>323596870
Ah. That wouldn't work either though because I already have 3 other custom portraits in there. That folder just saves them for use at character creation, adding or removing portraits wouldn't do anything.
>>
File: folder.png (38 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
38 KB, 640x400
>>323597108
>I already have 3 other custom portraits in there
Reduce it to one then.

This is how your folder should look like. I literally just edited it in gimp and you can see the change in >>323597101
>>
>>323579110
>>323579239
>>323580459
Where do I find anything related to the manor? I feel like I've done everything in core city you can in one run except all of the drug encounters.
>>
>>323597484
Oculus
>>
>>323597474
Sweet, thank you for the assistance.
>>
>>323582253
Bureaucracy

He's been doing that shit for a long time and isn't paid enough for it.
>>
Please tell me I can become the leader of the Free Drones. They have good intentions, but these guys are retarded beyond belief. Still, they are salvageable.
>>
File: Dr. Pavel.png (907 KB, 1279x720) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Pavel.png
907 KB, 1279x720
>>323597592
--------------?-------------
>>
>>323597965
You need to be more... perceptive.
>>
>>323597653
Nope.

This really wouldn't work though. While they migh have good intentions, they are nutjobs, at least most of them.

You can't make them into normal people, they wouldn't listen.
>>
>>323597965
You lack the proper perspective. Work for Abram.
>>
>>323598249
>Work for Abram
He's...probably not on speaking terms with me.

>>323598136
Like, detection goggles perceptive? Best I can do.
>>
Infused pig leather, or infused ancient rathound?

Higher carry capacity is something that's universally great, if you ask me. Immunity to being immobilized seems like it'd only work for melee builds, since I'm running assault rifles and my biggest threat is cripple reducing my strength below the AR's requirement.
>>
>>323598791
>He's...probably not on speaking terms with me.
Forget about it then, you won't get there.
>>
>>323599027
>Forget about it then, you won't get there.
Looks like I'll be sneaking that shit.
>>
>>323598961
I would go with regular rathound.

You can never have enough crit chance.
>>
>>323598961
You might be thinking of siphoner rather than ancient rathound. Infused ancient leather in boots boosts crit damage.

Either way, if you're running guns, then make a pair of boots with infused pig leather and you're set for the rest of the game.
>>
File: 25.jpg (64 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
64 KB, 700x525
>>323598143
How disappointing. They are right to mistrust the United Stations. But their arguments, it's the most banal shit ever. These people don't understand politics, they have no idea what they are doing. And they are brainwashing themselves with all the shit they are spouting.

Well, there's no turning back. I'll persist in the doomed world I have created.
>>
Do you walk or use transport?
>>
>>323599325
Transport. I'm spending so much money on it it's almost ridiculous.
>>
>>323599325
Transport for old areas walk for new. My trade runs pay for my transportation costs.
>>
>>323599269
Mistrust doesn't mean you can't work for them.

I joined Protectorate because they can be reasoned with, and if not, it's as the saying goes:" Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".
>>
File: 1437708017109.jpg (204 KB, 797x629) Image search: [Google]
1437708017109.jpg
204 KB, 797x629
>Have all the special ammo recipes except incendiary 8.6mm on my assault rifle file
>Have only found it on my melee-only character
>>
>>323598791
>critically hits for 5376 damage
Bullshit.

I've seen other screenshots of over 3000 damage on crits but I call bullshit. You people are cheating.

My sniper has a rifle that does 150-200 damage and a 300% critical bonus. I've never crit'd above 1000.
>>
>>323599841
You clearly aren't using the right gear and taking copious amounts of drugs.
>>
File: 1437607427883.png (71 KB, 191x145) Image search: [Google]
1437607427883.png
71 KB, 191x145
>>323599841
Clearly you're doing something wrong. I have a basic ~120 quality Reaper with an anatomy scope and a smart module and I regularly crit for 1500+.

Use special ammo.
>>
File: Thoughts.png (2 MB, 1268x1434) Image search: [Google]
Thoughts.png
2 MB, 1268x1434
>>323599841
If you care to, wait for the chart maker to get here and show you the pictures he took of fucking Carnifex's shit up.
>>
>>323599618
Thing is, I kind of, sort of, brutally killed an entire prison full of Protectorate soldiers. And a doctor. I know they took no offense, but joining them now would feel wrong. Besides I did not like what I've seen in that prison, at all.
>>
>>323599841
>My sniper has a rifle that does 150-200 damage and a 300% critical bonus.
Get smart module.

If you do things right you should be getting 1000+ crits reliably, and 3000+ if trying really hard.
>>
>>323600404
Already got a smart module.
>>
Quick question there:
Where's Blaine? I want to finish up the Junkyard quests before heading to Core City, but I can't find that prick.
I've already gotten the secret passcode.
>>
File: UR Sniper Meta.png (152 KB, 1860x868) Image search: [Google]
UR Sniper Meta.png
152 KB, 1860x868
>>323600304
>Besides I did not like what I've seen in that prison, at all.
Protectorate did nothing wrong.
>>
>>323600304
>Besides I did not like what I've seen in that prison, at all.
You mean the mutants?

They are old Biocorps work as far as I know, not Protecotrate. I assumed they are doing tests on muties form Junkyard.

>>323600572
Do you have:

Anatomically Aware Scope

Reaper/Spearhead frame

Sharphooter feat

Critical Power feat

Snipe feat and high stealth

(optionally) Smart googles

If you said no to any of these, you are doing things wrong.
>>
>>323600998
Yes to every single one of those.

Maybe I just need more luck.
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00018.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00018.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1080
>>323601150
Here is me not even trying to score high and with motion tracking goggles.

Spearheads rarely get 1000+, but if you use a reaper then you should be doing 1000+ no problem.
>>
>>323601150
You need a better rifle, is what it is.
>>
>>323600916
>>323600998
Since I haven't played neither faction's questline yet I cannot be sure, but I know the Protectorate confiscated Biocorp's tech after defeating them and used it for military reasons. If they are studying mutants that can only mean they want to create mutagen if they don't have it already. If they do have it, then it's even worse, because that would mean they were testing it on the prisoners.
>>
>>323597474
>>323597629
Unfortunately that method didn't work for me, the game just doesn't load any portrait if I do that. Oh well.
>>
File: 1430862491073.png (102 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
1430862491073.png
102 KB, 309x309
>Carnifex fight
>Always gets the initiative
>Inflicts 7 different status effects just on the first turn, two of which stun you

I love how this greasy naked piece of shit with a rusty kitchen knife can punch right through my shield and my super steel riot armor, killing me in two hits. This is such a fun and balanced game.
>>
>>323601652
He's fucking Invictus. What did you expect?
>>
>>323601652
To be fair, melee weapons ARE hilariously broken thanks to the fact that you can effectively ignore 80% of a target's shield and armor.

But still, he's the fucking arena champion. Git gud.
>>
>>323601627
Have you changed the name of the portrait file?

Might be it's important to keep it the same.

Or, try this: Don't swap them at all, just edit the portrait and paste the one you want to use in paint/gimp/whatever. That way you are basically still using the same portrait.
>>
I don't understand the combat in this game. Sure, I probably shouldn't have rolled what is essentially a psionic knight for my first playthrough, but goddamn is the Junkyard killing me. I've had to cheese every fight HARD to get through. Thank god dogs can't open doors.
>>
File: 1450629917184.png (55 KB, 172x178) Image search: [Google]
1450629917184.png
55 KB, 172x178
>>323602148
There's no cheese in Underrail. All throughout the game enemies can and often will kill you in one turn, or at the very least keep you stunlocked with incapacitation and flashbangs until you die anyway.
>>
>>323601947
You're right, you have to keep the filename the same. Which makes so much sense it should have been obvious. Thank you again.
>>
>>323602320
Speaking of which, fuck Elwood and his security drones. Why the fuck does he have almost as much firepower in his basement as GMS does for its entire compound?
>>
>>323602475
The token strategy for this game is to just go wander in the metro tunnels until you find something you can beat, because there's no distinct or clear structure to the game's progression aside from damage numbers. It's pretty easy to hit a wall and think it's a difficulty spike, rather than just thinking about all the stuff you may have accidentally skipped.

Imagine how I felt cleaning out the Praetorian guards for that "steal the energy shields" mission and getting frustrated as fuck until I hit RNG perfectly and landed constant crits before I could get one-shot by that fuck with the energy pistol, only to later find out about the ironheads and kill Balor in one hit because that's what I was supposed to be doing BEFORE I went nuclear on Core City.
>>
>>323602320
>Try to play as sneaky dickstabber
>Keep getting fucked
>Modify build for heavy armor and throwing/guns
>Win every fight by juggling molitovs and flashbangs in the enemy's general direction, both of which I'm immune to thanks to my armor and helmet
>>
>>323586990
I went full psi with melee backup and it works really good. Sledgehammer works good with all the stuns you can do.

I wouldn't commit too much to social because it just doesn't come up often enough. I had pretty good luck with around 40 persuasion (60ish with bonus). I seemed too pass most of the persuasion checks, I don't think it requires a tonne of investment to work okay, it's worth a few points if you have nowhere else to put them I'd say
>>
>>323602475
Some people have spent their time and expertise putting together a secure position for themselves.

It really isn't that odd. Underrail is filled with bunkers.
>>
>>323586990
They're outright useless, all things considered.

Intimidate just avoids fights with people you're going to kill anyway, Persuade just lets you get into quests sooner that are available later anyway, and Mercantile just adds a few more coins on top of the mountains of money you're going to have anyway. At least Mercantile opens up a semi-useful perk.
>>
>>323589931
Turn off autosave on transitions help with it a lot.
>>
File: government workers.jpg (114 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
government workers.jpg
114 KB, 960x678
>>323582253
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00001.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00001.jpg
402 KB, 1920x1080
>quest to either convince the renagades to return to the base or kill them
>they deserted because they feel like it's not what they signed for and they are not helping people
>have enough persuasion to make those who are responsible for the cruel orders pay and save the skin of renegades
>want to
>but I also want those dog tags
WHAT SHOULD I DO
>>
>>323603941
You'll fight alongside protectorate forces eventually. Let them die and you'll get it.
>>
Have a spearhead frame but no rapid reloader.
Have a reaper frame but its a shitty quality 40 one WHY GAME WHY?
>>
>>323604645
You sure?

I already played through their questline and don't remeber any.
>>
>>323604893
Isn't there a parallel to the CAU assault mission?
>>
>>323605228
I don't think so, all that's left is to gas the drones.
>>
>>323605443
My bad. Scratch what I said.
>>
>>323605747
I helped them.

It ain't right, I would feel bad every time I would take a look at those dog tags.
>>
When joining the Science department of the Tchortists, does it matter who you join?

Chem, Genetics, Physics?
>>
>>323605929
Nope, because you don't get to join any.
>>
>>323606027
shocking truth
>>
>Drone girl meets me in Core City
>sends me to kill a few person in Rail Crossing
>asks me to meet her in Junkyard when I'm done
>only to send me back to Rail Crossing

For what purpose.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.