[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does Nintendo need to do this year to sell you on the NX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7
File: mg12.jpg (27 KB, 315x223) Image search: [Google]
mg12.jpg
27 KB, 315x223
What does Nintendo need to do this year to sell you on the NX?
>>
>>323536641
Make good games for it
>>
>>323536641
make some mature games for it
>>
Needs to not be shit and bring something new to the table that isn't kid/mom bait, so far they're not selling me on it if that patent ends up being true.
>>
Nothing because this gen will last until 2022.
>>
It could synthesize gold from urine and I still wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>323536764
>that patent
Which one?
>>
This shit better be more powerful than everything else on the market. Also, a good fucking line up doesn't hurt. And for the love of good, no gimmicky bullshit, just a regular controller with a regular coonsole. I dont need it to make me toast while i play Zelda godamn
>>
Launch it with a 3D Super Mario
>>
>>323536641
Some fucken violent games for godsakes, Nintendos demographic is literally off playing violent stuff Postal 2 and jerking to Rosalina hentai. More violence = More good boy points
>>
File: nx_patent_1.jpg (28 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
nx_patent_1.jpg
28 KB, 620x349
>>323536827
This one
>>
File: 1363034161691.jpg (43 KB, 780x743) Image search: [Google]
1363034161691.jpg
43 KB, 780x743
>>323536641
Ship it with an exclusive amiibo
>>
>>323536982
>Still thinks putting screens on a home console controller is a good idea

Nintendo is doomed
>>
>>323536982
Gross.
>>
More waifu games with cute girls in them.

And all of them have amiibos.

And the NX amiibos are just nendos with chips attached.

And they make some sort of system to prevent scalper abuse somehow.
>>
HOW ABOUT HAVE HARDWARE THAT ISN'T 10 YEARS BEHIND FOR ONCE

NINTENDO HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF THAT?

YOU COULD BE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE XBONE/PS4 BECAUSE THEY CAME OUT YEARS AGO AND WON'T BE HAVING NEW SHIT FOR YEARS

THIS IS LITERALLY THE ONLY TIME NINTENDO CAN MAKE A CONSOLE THAT ISN'T SHIT IN THE NEXT 15 YEARS
>>
apparently, they have to start charging for online and stop making games
>>
>>323536641
Show some third party games.
I know they can make their IPs and I know they'll be good.
I want some AAA stuff from other companies.
>>
>>323537401
Same thing was pretty much said about WiiU but in reverse, in regards to how 360 got so big for being the first next gen out there.

I agree though, if Nintendo could actually put out a powerhouse console that wasn't just a scaled down PC then they could have something, but lets be honest, it's going to be another $3-$400 console with a mediocre gimmick.
>>
>>323536641
Metroid Prime 4 that is not some stupid space football game, Zelda U/NX, a fucking 3D mario like Mario64 or Sunshine, a decent resident evil (not garbage like 5 or 6), a good sequel to Pokémon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness (fuck that revolution shit they made for wii and that nothing they did for wiiU) and a return to Paper Mario's former glory.
>>
File: 1447852135610.jpg (220 KB, 531x750) Image search: [Google]
1447852135610.jpg
220 KB, 531x750
No stupid fucking gimmicks. Just give me a normal controller and a TV. Launch with good games from series we haven't seen in awhile.
>>
>>323536641
Make it a $150 upgrade to the Wii u. And then have Diddy Kong racing 2
>>
Stop with the budget shit. Yes it's cool that Kart 8 and Splatoon is getting DLC but do we need budget Tennis, Amiibo Party and Mario Filler Maker to be made because of it?
>>
>>323536980
POSTAL Redux: Exclusive to Nintendo NX
>>
>>323537609
>a $150 upgrade to the Wii u
Wow, now we will surely buy it
>>
at or within a year of launch:
>Legend of Zelda Wii U cross platform release.
>Mario Galaxy 3
>Pikmin 4
>Metroid Prime 4
>Smash Bros. 4 remastered
>Mario Kart 8 remastered
>Deus Ex MK
>Monster Hunter V
People will be fighting each other in the streets for one
>>
>>323537867
That's the rumored price. Charging a big boy price made the Wii u fail instantly. Its only going to be Wii u 1.5, not sure why anyone thinks its going to be hugely powerful
>>
>>323536641
Me, personally?
All they have to do is release it.
>>
>>323536641
Exclusive Splatoon content.
>>
>>323536641
If they did a promotion where I can turn in my WiiU and pay $100 for the NX, but the NX would have to be backwards compatible, then I would get one.
>>
No gimmicks. And if the rumours of a home console + handheld turns out to be true, I want that handheld part to be much more powerful and effective than a vita or a Iphone or all this shit

>tfw I'll buy it although it's a full gimmick shit if there's a mainline pokemon game on it
>>
>>323536641
>What does Nintendo need to do this year to sell you on the NX?

They can't do anything.

1. I don't have a television for playing games on. I don't watch television. I've transitioned completely to PC for television and movies.

2. They'd have to convince me that they'd make more than games just for children and 40 year old women.

3. I don't want a controller that requires looking away from the screen.
>>
>>323536641
actually compete with pc/ps/xb
>>
A Rosalina game.
>>
Nothing. I'm not buying one until 4 years down the line. I bought the Wii U at launch and now I've played it 5 times in the last 6 months.
>>
>>323538108
>Charging a big boy price made the Wii u fail instantly
>implying that was the problem with WiiU
>meanwhile PS4 sells like hotcakes and is way more expensive
The problem is not in the price but in what that price offers.
>>
Make it cooler than VR.
>>
Release it
>>
Analog triggers so we can get Mario Sunshine 2 and proper racing games.
>>
File: alfred.jpg (21 KB, 504x652) Image search: [Google]
alfred.jpg
21 KB, 504x652
>>323536641
Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda.

Same thing that makes me buy every shitty Nintendo system.
>>
>>323536641
Melee HD
>>
A decent screen resolution, and battery life that last longer than 3 hours.
>>
>>323537151
the thing is, it would double as a portable device
>>
>>323536641
4 worthy exclusives is my number to convince me into buying any console. The number could become 2 if they release Bayonetta 3
>>
>>323536641
Stop forcing retarded gimmicks into it.
Purge the cancer that are the amiibos.
Some 3rd party games that aren't purely Nintendo IPs
>>
>>323536641
Make sure there's no 18 month drought on release like the WiiU. Their mistake was trusting third parties to follow through with exclusivity deals.
>>
>>323537585
What is she saying?
>>
>>323545195
it's her heart going doki doki over and over
>>
>>323536641
Smash 4 GOTY NX Port with several more characters added with better netcode.
>>
>>323536641
G A M E S
>>
>>323536641
Let's see. It would need:

>a Metroid game that outclasses Super Metroid
>a Smash game that outclasses Melee
>a Zelda game that outclasses Wind Waker
>an F-Zero game that... exists
>another open-ended Mario game akin to 64 and Sunshine.
>more Platinum games

Because if they're going to ride on rehashes, they're going to have to be worth my time.
>>
>>323536641
It must be a handheld. Otherwise, I don't give a fuck.
>>
Monster Hunter 5 would be nice.
>>
Nothing. I'll buy it regardless because I'm a shit-eating drone and Nintendo games numb me enough that I can ignore all my real world problems.
A good selection of launch titles would be good as well.
>>
>>323536641
Good games.
A serious Metroid installment would literally sell the console for me. Other M-tier won't be good enough though despite it being a good game, just a bad Metroid game, with an objectively terrible plot.
>>
>>323537081
>It's swimsuit Peach/Rosalina/Samus/whoever
>Nintendo sells 200 million consoles in the first week
>>
>>323536641
I just need to know straight up that it will be supported for a decent amount of years with some good fucking games.

>F-zero
>Metroid
>Zelda
>A Mario game that does something completely different and somehow revolutionizes platformers once again

Also, I don't care about Amiibos too much. I own one and that's probably enough. Just stop making games centered around them for fucks sake.
>>
>>323537401
>>323537529
Pretty sure they said they'll be aiming for hardware power this time around, at least a lot more so than they have with previous consoles.
>>
>>323538359
>mainline pokemon game
What if pokemon MMO, finally? Nintendo wouldn't have to make a single dollar of profit for the next 10 years if they released that on the NX, and they'd be even better off if they included cosmetic microtransactions.
>>
>>323536641
PROPER ONLINE ACCOUNT SYSTEM
ONLINE STILL FREE
GAMES COME ON USB/CARTRIDGE FORMAT SO NO NEED TO INSTALL SHIT
GOOD GRAPHICS
FRESH TAKE ON ALL THEIR IPS
3RD PARTY MULTIPLATS AND EXCLUSIVES
NO STUPID FUCKING GIMMICKS
>>
>>323537401
>HOW ABOUT HAVE HARDWARE THAT ISN'T 10 YEARS BEHIND FOR ONCE
All 3 console devs do this. Why single out nintendo? Also stick to PC if best graphics is all that matters
>>
I gave up on nintendo after the gamecube. I don't see how they can do anything to bring me back.
>>
>>323547942
of course they do, but not nearly to the extent nintendo does
>>
>>323548075
>of course they do
Then stop bitching. If best hardware/graphics matters this much to you, play on PC. If you are dumb enough to support outdated PS4/Xbone then NX being outdated is hardly a problem for you.
>>
>>323548173
>being this retarded

the ps2 has better graphics than the wii u you fucking mongoloid

what do you think casuals care about?
>>
>>323548173
Good job ignoring the rest of the comment, retard.
>>
>>323536641
Give out free hardware and games
>>
>>323536641
>third party support
>a Skylanders-esque Amiibo action-adventure game
>no gimmicks; the gamepad and shit can be present, but 2 out of every 3 games should be classic controller standard
>>
>>323536641
Nothing.
They lost me with what they did the last 10 years and NX wont get much 3rd support so there is no need to buy one to play those games.
>>
To be honest I don't think they'll ever win me back this year after the Wii, I chose that over the PS3 or 360 and ended up selling it out of disgust.

However, good innovative core games that aren't the same old shit is what I would want. I could never play another Mario game and be happy, I'm bored of Zelda never changing it's formula. I wouldn't mind rehashes of dormant franchises(F Zero) but I just want new shit that doesn't rely on boring gimmicks.
>>
Stop fucking remake and game for people who are older than 6years old
>>
File: original.jpg (110 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
110 KB, 800x450
Make a dating simulator for it that works with the amiibos.
>>
Support 3D televisions. i.e. be literally the first tv console on the market to have actual 3D. Or something else that's revolutionary, like the wiimote was.
>>
Focus on couch multiplayer, that's the only reason I got a Wii U for.
>>
>>323548340
Good job being a hypocrite console fanboy
>>
It's too late. The only reason to buy consoles is for Jap games and I can get Jap games on playstation without having to worry about region lock or 4kids treatment.
>>
>>323536641
Release it in 2018/2019, along with a "we apologise for trying to go mobile, we're completely removing any sort of support for mobile platforms and only focusing on actual consoles" statement.
>>
>HUGE marketing budget
>AAA western games like Fifa, AssCreed, Fallout
>online multiplayer locked behind a paywall
>easy (and advertised) access to Netflix
>featured in TV shows (not anime)

That's all they need, really.
Exclusive games do not sell consoles in this day and age. Quality hardly matters either, it just has to be popular with a nice monetary push.
>>
Not release it this year. Get it out Nov 2017 like typical official unveiling -> release schedule for Nintendo, and have more and better games for launch. They already have a console for this gen, even if it isn't doing amazingly there's no real rush to get NX out so they should capitalize on that and wait until they have some undeniable launch software.
>>
>>323549409
I think as long as MS and Sony continue to ignore local multiplayer, Nintendo will continue to champion it. I hope so at least.
>>
>>323551821
Hopefully they'll continue to support the wii controller for the NX, me and my friends spent a fucking fortune to get 4 wiimotes.
>>
>>323536641
Constant release schedule.
2015 was horrible for the Wii U, after Splatoon it went 3 WHOLE MONTHS without an even remotely major release.
>>
>>323552138
I guess it depends on what the system's all about. I'm expecting sort of a brand refresh so I'm not sure Wii controllers will be supported. They already tried to make another console to leverage all the Wii remote owners for local multiplayer and it hasn't been doing too hot...
>>
File: 1428377160861.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428377160861.jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
>>323552490
people bitch at nintendo for this but i don't find the other consoles have it any better, especially when you talk about exclusives, and doubly so when you talk about games the console maker actually made themselves
>>
>>323552525
Problem is, if they by any chance go with this one>>323536982
then it's going to be the same situation where even if the system could support multiple controllers(the wii u could) no one will buy them because they'll be expensive.
>>
>>323552138
Personally I hope they continue to support Thema wiiu gamepad
By now the streaming tech must've become a lot cheaper and I'm sure youre can hardcode some kind of 'mirror TV output ' into the OS without effort needed from devs.
Shit's just so comfy
>>
>>323536641
Actually put some fucking games on it for starters.
>>
At least three 9/10 franchise games at launch.
Zelda will be there
3D Mario has a good chance
After that, I don't know. Maybe Metroid if we're lucky. Retro has been pretty quiet.
>>
>>323552490
PS4 hasn't had a major Sony release in 3 years. So I don't really get the problem.

Outside of Splatoon, and Mario Maker to an extent, I regret buying a Wii U. I don't really care for anything on it at all. Same goes for the 3DS. So unless Zelda U blows me away, or GameFreak stops making shit Pokémon games, I think I'm done with Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>323553190
Retro's game will be a key title for success in the West, they better make damn sure they launch NX with it
I'm pretty sure thats exactly what Nintendo is forcing Retro to do anyway, we wouldve heard from them by now otherwise
>>
>>323553657
Are you sure we would have? It was a long time between Return's release and Tropical Freeze's unveiling.
>>
>>323552697
>>323553327
Anything really, not talking specifically Nintendo/exclusives
>>
Games that look interesting for me early on.

I don't give a shit about the tech, hardware, controls or whatever. Just as long as there's a couple of games on or near launch that I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy I'll probably get it early.
>>
It feels like I just got a Wii u
>>
Make a new super smash bros game.

Really, thats all.
>>
>>323554245
They're not gonna start from scratch again this soon. NX will just get a port of Sm4sh, with maybe an exclusive line of new DLC.
>>
>>323536721
Like Cow-a-booty or Hatred, right? So mature, lel.
>>
>>323553875
I like to think so, one year is usually enough to get an announcement trailer out
Also IIRC they've had quite extensive layoffs after Returns which didnt happen this time and had to hire new people. Like didnt they hire a Naughty Dog artist for tropical freeze? I seem to remember something like that
>>
>>323536641
Well if they have good games for it.

Maybe a new Fire Emblem or Advance Wars. Or a bigger Mario Maker.
>>
>moneyhat an exclusive
>add pay to online
>release with the promise of 1080p/60fps
>release a bunch of remasters
>market it nonstop
>rerelease splatoon, call it splatwoon
>don't care about your network, let it crash every so often
>never refund shit
>keep marketing it as the hottest thing since pissbottles
>keep promising games and then delaying them
>shift first party focus on mobile, let 3rd parties carry the console
there 36 milliion units sold
>>
>>323537401
>HOW ABOUT HAVE HARDWARE THAT ISN'T 10 YEARS BEHIND FOR ONCE

but nintendo have done this since the 80s
>>
1) Exclusive pokemon amiibo Nx & pokemon mmo bundle

2) better specs than xbone ps4

3) NintendoWorld (nintendoland 2)

4) godly third party support

5) pokemon stadium 3 (with top tier minigames)

6) [Spoiler]Ridley in smash[/spoiler]
>>
>>323554872
Yeah it's pretty much their MO. Besides when you want the family market it makes sense to go for cheaper hardware.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.