[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne dissappointed me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1366x1274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1366x1274
>half of the areas in Bloodborne were as linear as Dark Souls 2's areas, except Bb had elevators which connected the beginning, middle and end of the level, which was not in any way on par with Dark Souls 1's intertwining paths and shorcuts.
>pvp is not as good as Dark Souls 2's
>there were pvp hotspots
>could invade people who didn't have summons with them
>could host fightclubs
>everyone complains about soul memory, but it would pair everyone with 8 million souls+ together, so besides level 732 autists everone is ready for some honorable balanced pvp
>pvp dead in Bloodborne
>all armor set are either: a coat, a mess of plumes, or a tuxedo with a cape
>enemies don't drop any kind of armor since enemy variety is minimal to the point where you see first level enemies all the way through to the last areas
>bosses don't drop any type of "boss soul" so most of the time you get no lore for them
>no wrapping between lanterns
> have to return to Hunter's Dream everytime
>can't rest at lanter to respawn enemies, have to die or go back to Hunter's dream again
>Mechanics like kindling bonfires completely gone
>Blood Vials don't refill evetrime you rest at a lantern, despite only being able to carry 20 (or a little bit more with some runes) at a time. You have to buy/farm them, so you can't endesly try to fight a boss without having tobgo get more vials every few attempts, which could have been fixed very easily by just always hiving you 20 vials or pess everytine you respawn
>story is obtuse, more so than in the previous games, to the point where main plot points, like (why does killing the Wet Nurse causes the dream to end) are never given an answer

I wanted to like Bloodborne, I really did.
>>
>>323517790
>why does killing the Wet Nurse causes the dream to end
Because the source of the nightmare was the infant great one Mergo.

When you kill Mergo's nurse, the baby presumably dies with nobody to watch over it.
>>
>>323518801
As stated where? Where does it say Mergo is still alive?
>>
File: 1420599896897.gif (109 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1420599896897.gif
109 KB, 200x200
This is the most comprehensive bloodborne pasta I've seen.

Even if it's a bit stale.
>>
File: umbilical cord.jpg (150 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
umbilical cord.jpg
150 KB, 1024x576
>>323519528
The sound of babies crying everywhere in yarnham and mensis is Mergo. It is formless, both everywhere and nowhere at once.

Like the eldritch gods of HP Lovecraft, they kind of transcend the human notion of reality, and what it means to be alive or dead. As we see with Micolash, somebody can be dead in Yarnham, but still very much alive in the Nightmare world.

Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 927x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 927x380
>>323519806
Thanks m8, keep adding stuff to it everyday.

>>323520023
What I meant was: where does it state Mergo is dead and that that was our purpose when we were trapped by the hunter's dream?
>>
>>323517790
So your complaints are basically: "it's not dark souls 2"
Dark Souls 2 pve and pvp were awful. It basically made everything that happened in 1 pointless, and the atmosphere/lore was garbage. Your complaints for Bloodborne are basically quality of life stuff.
>>
>>323517790
>half of the areas in Bloodborne were as linear as Dark Souls 2's areas unlike Dark Souls 1
The Catacombs + Giant's Tomb, everything past Quelaag, Anor Londo, The Painted World, The Library + Crystal Caves, the Ash Lake, New Londo, etc. etc. etc. The only areas that were actually interconnected in DS1 were the Burg, Forest, Valley of the Drakes (which wasn't even an area) and Depths/Blighttown.
>pvp is not as good as Dark Souls 2's
I actually got invaded in Bloodborne. That never happened in DaS2 because of Soul Memory. Invading people with summons is fine because they are accounting for the invader being aligned with the mobs in the level. There are Fight Clubs in Chalice Dungeons.
>Complaining that a game set in a Victorian world has Victorian fashion
>"I like lore but I don't like actually thinking, please write it down for me From."
>Nitpicks

Your only valid complaint is Blood Vials, which are easy to stockpile once you stop leveling.
>>
>>323520346
>What I meant was: where does it state Mergo is dead and that that was our purpose when we were trapped by the hunter's dream?

Well, when you kill the nurse, the crying stops, so it's either dead, or more likely, just disconnected from the plane of existence that yarnham occupies, kind of when you finish off the orphan of Kos, and it's just kind of released back into the cosmos.

That being said, nothing is completely spelled out in a souls game. I speculate that the great one called Moon Presence hunts and kills other great ones for some unfathomable reason, which is why you are unknowingly drawn in and sent on that mission.
>>
>>323520605
Dude, half of what he complains about was done right both in Demon's and Dark Souls
>>
>>323520760
Just because they game set itself in a lackluster setting doesn't excuse it's lack of visual variety.
Also,
not having and answer at all =/= requiers attention to understand
>>
>>323521042
Like what?
>no kindling bonfires?
If I remember correctly that was only in 1
>Blood Vials don't refill evetrime you rest at a lantern, despite only being able to carry 20
Farming for grass was a thing. Besides, once you finish leveling up, theres nothing to spend echoes on other than vials and bullets.
>half of the areas in Bloodborne were as linear as Dark Souls 2's areas unlike Dark Souls 1
The first half of dark souls 1, don't pretend anything after Anor Londo wasn't rushed and linear. And if we're still talking linearity it is about as on par as dark souls 1, it's just the later levels don't seem half assed or rushed.
>everyone complains about soul memory, but it would pair everyone with 8 million souls+ together, so besides level 732 autists everone is ready for some honorable balanced pvp
Don't sit there and pretend soul memory wasn't one of the worst choices to ever grace the series. I'm being punished because I didn't spend my souls on levels and instead bought stuff with them?
>armor pieces?
Bloodbornes a fast game, how dome would it look to wear Havels and hop around like the hunter?
The only thing Dark Souls 2 gets right is magic. Bloodborne magic is the worst in the series, I'm talking mechanicly not the spells themselves.
>>
>The most fully realized Souls game disappointed me

Well then I hope you're willing to admit you were fooling yourself with how much you "enjoyed" DS 1 or Demons

Dark Souls 1's level design was unfinished dogshit
>>
even the dlc isnt very good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1dd0tV37xE
>>
File: image_7.jpg (61 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
61 KB, 600x347
>>323517790
>mfw OP just copy and pasted 3 shitpost from another thread and made 1 super shitpost
>>
>>323520346
Because it says nightmare slain, not when you kill the wetnurse, but moment later when the crying stops

Your goal is to end the hunt and the hunt is caused when the red moon hangs low. Mergo was used as a means to draw the red moon to yharnam. As to exactly why, that's where it gets confusing and people have many different interpretations
>>
>>323521378
>I don't like it = it's bad
Literally name me any boss and I could explain the lore to your simple mind.
>>
Bloodborne lore sounds really cool. I love souls, but bloodborne lore seems fresh. Never really got into it cause I don't have a ps4. But since multi-player in BB never really took off, I don't think I'm missing anything if I play through it later.
>>
>liked dark souls
>don't really like BB's aesthetic or lore
>would've preferred a feudal Japan style game to a lovecraft one
>>
>>323523451
If you like the work of gothic horror writers like HP Lovecraft you'll like the lore a lot. Bloodborne's lore is a new twist on the old "full moon = monsters" story
>>
>>323523579
Miyazaki is a westaboo. Id much rather have a lovecraftian which are few to begin with, than another Japanese game about how awesome feudal Japan is.
>>
>>323523579
Look forward to Ni Oh
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1024x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1024x464
>>323523026
All me :^)

>>323523186
The same thing happens when you kill Moon Presence. It means Wet Nurse is dead, not Mergo.

>>323523278
Nice goalpost switching

>>323523579
But we already have a Dark Souls 2 section inspired by feudal japan (the entire Sir Alonne area).
>>
>>323523278
Darkbeats paarl
The one reborn
>>
>>323522602
>fishing hamlet being compared to blightown because it has some wooden pathways
>research hall being compared to dukes because it has stairs

nice video mong
>>
The only question I have about the lore is why the fuck the woods is centered around weird snaked themed magic and enemies. even The Shadows Yharmen (sorry if I spelled it wrong) don't use snake magic when they are in the nightmare.

I thought it was a "trashy" form of magic like pyromancy from dark souls
>>
File: YamiTVC.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
YamiTVC.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Tbh I've always preferred the abstract minimalist style cosmic monsters to the horrifying amalgamate bodyhorror cosmic monsters so BB left me lukewarm.
>>
>>323523026
HOL UP
>>
>>323523026
SO U SAYIN WE WUZ NINJAZZ AND SHIT?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 736x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 736x491
>>323524652
Everytime I need to remember how to spell Yarnham I just think of yarn and ham.
>>
File: 1338755221117.jpg (592 KB, 1864x3263) Image search: [Google]
1338755221117.jpg
592 KB, 1864x3263
>>323525027
Yharnam
>>
>>323524294
The nightmare slain message shows up after Mergo's cries stop, like 10-20 seconds after the wet nurse carks it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.