[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like this antiquated, clunky ass game? Is it just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Fallout2front.jpg (258 KB, 800x832) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258 KB, 800x832
Why do people like this antiquated, clunky ass game? Is it just to look "patrishun" in vidya as if that's even possible?
>>
>>323516705
Because it was good. Many people preferred it to the first person shooter inspired games and because not everything is about "muh graphix" and futa loli waifu sex mods.
>>
It's one of those games that rewards patience man. Try to get into it and it'll reward you with a good time
>>
Because it's a great game. It has a great setting and tone, great humor, actual intelligence in its dialogue, a lot of choices to roleplay, and at the very least, a unique turn based system.
>>
>>323516705
because you were born too late
>>
>>323516705
>assblasted sixteener furious that games used to be good
>>
File: come on.png (189 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
come on.png
189 KB, 960x540
>>323517128
>try to get into it
>open with a sequence where you're forced to use a spear
>no way to heal yourself if/when you get damaged
>oh and you get poisoned

>oh did we mention this is supposed to be about power armor and shit? now go through this temple with your spear
>>323517419
I'm 20.
>>
I liked 1 better, although that might be because I played it first.
>>
>>323517548
I played through a good bit of 1 before just giving up and liked it a LOT more than 2 if only because you aren't forced to use a shitty spear, and you actually do get started with exploring immediately.
>>
>>323517450
>open with sequence where you're forced to use a spear

Surprise, motherfucker. The game gives you a basic weapon to start with. If you're not a retard (debating if you are) you can get a 10mm soon.

>no way to heal yourself if/when you get damaged

Yes, you can. Did you check the pots or are you a dumbass? Also, if you're at least somewhat competent, the village gives you infinite heals when you get back.

>oh and you get poisoned

>oh did we mention this is supposed to be about power armor and shit? now go through this temple with your spear

Are you a LITERAL retard? In the lore (before Bethesda :^)) Power Armor isn't just there for every tribe retard to use. It's pretty rare.
>>
>>323517450
>>no way to heal yourself if/when you get damaged
get fucking good casual
>>
File: 1452483051965.png (256 KB, 273x354) Image search: [Google]
1452483051965.png
256 KB, 273x354
>>323516705
>He shitposts on a Chinese Takeout Board for fun
>>
>>323517450
I can't remember me having such a hard time when I was young.
Fucking casuals.
>>
File: 2401397-3519885231-fallo.jpg (98 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2401397-3519885231-fallo.jpg
98 KB, 1280x960
>>323517758
>Are you a LITERAL retard?
Hey yeah fuck me for trusting the cover artwork?
For both games btw :))))))
>>323517773
I put my points into the good stats (IE not strength).
>>
>>323517758
Eh, the beginning trial thing is pretty indefensible.
>>
1 >>>>>>> 2

Say what you will about Bethesda, at least their games didn't have talking deathclaws.
>>
Like hey, in Fallout 1 you immediately start exploring and you can even see the fucking power armor if you just go left

In Fallout 2 I get trial bullshit
>>
>>323517924
Way to not address my other points faggot. Fun fact, some games put armor on the front cover you can't get early game because it looks cool as shit. The Enclave actually appears in the opening cutscene (although you don't know who they are, yet. Sometimes games like anticipation.) to make you intrigued. You don't get power armor until lategame Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well.

>>323517998
I'm not saying it's not cheap, but seirously? This guy is shitposting about the game like 10 minutes into the game. Maybe less, if he's not checking pots.
>>
>>323517924
>THERE ARE ENEMIES THE ONLY WAY TO GET PAST THEM IS TO KILL THEM ALL EVEN IF MY CHARACTER IS BAD AT KILLING BUGS WITH A SPEAR
You are literally damaged by growing up on xbox games. Fucking hopeless.
>>
>>323518236
OP is an obvious troll, I'm just saying that the temple was bad.
>>
>>323518342
>It's good that a game kills characters who don't use shitty weapons in the first sequence.
It's this retarded thinking that gets people thinking that any accessible game is bad.
>>
>>323518431
I'm a troll in that "obviously I'm only 10 minutes in and of course this isn't representative" but this sequence legitimately pisses me off. Definitely turns me off for 2.
Is the tribal bullshit through most of the game?
>>
>>323518450
>getting killed by a challenge instead of thinking your way out of it
It's this retarded thinking that is proof that xbots are brain damaged fucking retards who need to be spoonfed every single solution to every single problem or they throw a fucking tantrum.
>>
>>323518534
>Why do people like this antiquated, clunky ass game? Is it just to look "patrishun" in vidya as if that's even possible?

Fucking bait, troll response, you dumbass OP.

You're barely in the damn game. Of course the tribal bullshit dies down. You literally leave the village and it's typical Fallout.
>>
>>323518534
You're a troll because you're posting obvious bait, silly.
>>
>>323518601
>thinking your way out of it
There's no "thinking" that gets my spear above 30% accuracy.
>>
>>323518846
Then stop using it you fucking moron.
>>
>>323518846
get good retard
>>
>>323518937
It's all I have you fucking moron.
>>323518947
Strength is shit.
I have 10 Per, 10 Agil, 7 Intell. Ideal.
>>
>>323518846
Get over it, OP. That's that you have to do. Games like these don't give you fun to use weapons at the beginning. If you want to just shoot stuff play another game, because it's sounding like this isn't for you.
>>
>>323519103
>If you want to just shoot stuff play another game
Yeah I kind of do. It's Fallout. If I wanted melee I'd play TES.
1 gives you the 10mm at the start. Bam. It's not even a Bethesda vs Interplay thing.
>>
>>323519103
Again, the beginning to Fallout 2 is indefensible. It was a shitty design that they were forced to do.
>>
>>323519034
If you have 10 agi you can fucking waltz past everything in the temple. The ants can't touch you, and the scorpions are OPTIONAL. You can then lockpick the last door and go wherever you want without even fighting the guy.

You'll be back bitching about something sooner or later because you have downs, but there you go. .
>>
>>323519034
After all these hints you are still too fucking retarded to think up what you are actually supposed to do?

I was right, you fucking xbots are utterly hopeless. Stop playing Fallout 2 right now, you are far too fucking stupid for a real video game. Try some Gears of War instead you stupid asshole.
>>
>>323519251
You shouldn't have told him. If he's too fucking stupid to figure out that he can just walk past enemies he's never going to be successful in any game that doesn't force you to win.
>>
>>323519197
Fucking hell, bud. Fallout wasn't always shooty shooty. Melee has always been a viable build. It's shitty to force it on you, yes, but that's the story they wanted to go with. You get a 10mm quite soon if you just fucking stick it out.
>>
>>323519251
>>323519353
Yeah fuck me for thinking that I should try to get experience in an RPG! Especially since Fallout 1 had no issues like this!
>>323519374
I'll try it again another time.
That being said even at its best Fallout 3 onwards > 1.
>>
>>323518534
If not a troll (which knowing casual teens nowadays means it's just as likely it's not) play for 6 hours. Until then your opinion means shit.

All you need to know is it's an rpg, it won't hold your hand, and if you can get it to look like dogshit congratulations you made it work on your pc. It's like masturbating to Marilyn Monroe pictures that are not HD: a relic of an older generation that is still worth your time if you're able to make it work. I played it when I was 16 in 2006 and it was great, hell I only had a shit pc and was thus able to stick to only older games and it taught me clunky and not-pretty can still be good. I played System Shock 2 to get hyped for Bioshock and Bioshock disappointed me a shit load.
>>
>>323519486
>fucking moron blames everything but himself for himself being a fucking moron
Typical xbot dogshit. Never play a good game ever again you outright idiot.
>>
>>323519486
No. NV>1, yeah, and 3 is kinda debatable, but 4 definitely isn't.
>>
>>323519640
ok ok yeah you're right there.
goddamn I need to be careful, 4 is definitely a mulligan.
>>
>>323519486
The ants give fuck all EXP, just like the rats in F1, and radroaches in Fallout X.

You're just looking for shit to whine about at this point.
>>
File: 1271351774568.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1271351774568.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>Radborn 3, Radborn 4 and Radborn: NV babbies talking shit about Fallout 2
>>
Shit I wanna replay now

And recommended builds?
>>
Fo2 was just full of too many memes and monty python. I prefer Fallout 1, that was the real vision of what Fallout should have been
>>
>>323520004
Any*
>>
>>323520264
>that was the real vision of what Fallout should have been
A knockoff of Wasteland?
>>
>>323520423
10 int 10 agi small guns and two other skills you like
>>
>>323520589
make sure to use gifted and then lower the other stats to get more stat points
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.