[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All DLC stuff aside, why do you hate this game /v/? Did you ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: mkx.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mkx.jpg
548 KB, 1920x1200
All DLC stuff aside, why do you hate this game /v/? Did you ever git gud at it?
>>
>>323513183
No Stage Fatalities.
They took one of the most important features of the game, what made it unique above other fighting games
>>
>>323513519
Brutalitities were a poor substitute for stage fatalities
>>
>>323513660
Yes, they were cool, but not enough to take something that made your game unique
>>
>>323513519
there are stage fatalities you big dummy
>>
>>323513839
like which one?
>>
What the fuck is wrong with MKX's DLC?

It's 30$ a pack, which is 4 characters and 9 skins, so 5$ a character and 1.1$ a skin.

That seems fair to me.
>>
>>323513660
I thought MKX's brutalities were way cooler then fatalities, actually.
>>
It's boring
>>
I played a pretty decent Sonya for the first couple of months but it just couldn't hold my interest the way a tekken or arc sys game does.
>>
>>323514534
I quite love the brutalities, but I don't like how few of them there are. I would've wanted 10+ per character. I also hate unlocking them in the krypt. If only they functioned like fatalities, so you don't have to unlock them as long as you know the combination.
>>
>>323514534
For someone who doesn't play everyone, it's surprising most of the time, I almost never see them coming. That makes them a lot more satisfying than regular fatalities for me.
>>
>>323513183
they didn't bring back a lot of iconic characters and the story mode tanked in quality after chapter 2.
>>
>>323513920
He's talking about Stage Brutalities. Not the same, but harder to pull off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJAwGEtPhjE
>>
I'd rather play a fun fighting game like Guilty Gear or Street Fighter.

Although MKX does have some delicious looking men. Fuck the women they're all ugly as shit, but Kano is fucking perfect daddy material.
>>
>>323515641
Shit, now that I watch this video, they missed one I pulled off in the jungle. You need to swing from all the vines, then bash someone into the wall at center stage.
>>
>>323513183
story and roster was shit
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-20-52-44.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-20-52-44.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
When are they bringing back havik ?? ):
>>
Too many bugs that still aren't fixed and make the game too inconsistent
>>
The story mode was really short and just plain uninteresting. None of the Kombat Kids are interesting, and they cut a lot of classic characters that should have been in. Plus, they went full Jewish with the DLC. It's just not that great of a game, and it gets old quick. I don't have any interest in the future DLC.
>>
>Waiting for Komplete edition

It's never gonna come is it?
>>
>>323513183
Never played it so I can't say.
I do like most of the character designs, though which is something I can't say about MK9.
>>
>>323516259
Never because Boon's a huge asshole who only cares about pissing off fans all for the glorification of his massive ego.

>plz Ed put ___ in! ;.; I'll suck your dick, just give me ___ here's my credit card!
>>
>>323516259
he was my favorite in deception.
>>
>>323516410
>None of the Kombat Kids are interesting
Takeda's fighting style is pretty damn cool and cassie is personality wise is way better then sonya.

>Plus, they went full Jewish with the DLC.
see
>>323514431
>>
>>323513183
No friendships.
>>
>>323517438
>cassie is personality wise is way better then sonya

That's every character, anon. That's every character in every category
>>
>>323513183

Characters in the game with movesets but not playable such as Smoke, Rain and Baraka.
>>
Poor balance kept me from using Kotal Kahn as much as I would like, but I was pretty confident in my subzero game.

The idea of a second season of DLC is something I actually really like but half of it being guest characters is kinda disappointing. BarakAlien isn't going to silence anyone that wanted him in but is actually pretty fucking neato
>>
>combat pack 2 releasing at the same time as SFV

Its like they want their game to die as early as possible
>>
File: Axe.webm (543 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Axe.webm
543 KB, 640x480
>>323513183
>Get this game
>Not very good at fighting games but love MK
>Fall in love with Ferra/Torr Lackey
>Join Noob KOTH
>Everyone is pretty much equal
>Frequent King changes
>1564/150 win loss joins the lobby
>Does incomprehensible combos and juggles
>Everyone sucks so gg
>Quit
Every damn time I find a good room
>>
>western fighters
>>
>>323513183
It has good graphics and fun for the story and unlocking shit and seeing everyone's fatalities, but ultimately I find MK to be very clunky and repetitive, you keep employing the same moves and fall into the same procedure with your opponents, there's a complete lack of 'combat flow' so to speak. It just doesn't click for me.

I play Tekken from time to time and I still find new tricks and methods to pull off with King. It's just a more enjoyable fighter for me.

Not a fan of Street Fighter, and SFxT was utter dogshit, but SFV looks really cool so i'm contemplating hitting it off again.

Never liked weeb fighters. I tried really hard to like KoF and GG, but something didn't work, combat mechanics felt convoluted for the sake of being convoluted, felt artificial for me. Really like the artstyle and roster though.
>>
File: 1397349328646.gif (985 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
1397349328646.gif
985 KB, 500x220
>godawful Mileena redesign
>story worse than any MKs from 4-8, let alone the good ones
>good characters movesets split into 3 subpar movesets
>boring character design overall, only one of the new characters is interesting
>most enjoyable characters gone, replaced with muppet babies
>fatalities not memorable
>fully programmed characters in the game not playable, 2 locked behind paywall, others not available at all
>while many great characters missing, instead choose to focus on WB shit
>no friendships

as for what's good about the game
>bearded Sub-Zero
>good gramphics
>Cassie Cage is hot
>>
>want to play on pc
>read that it's garbage on pc

I just wanna play MKX on pc
>>
>>323513183
I just thought it was a fighting game that lacked fundamentals and favored raw combos/50/50s over smart play most of the time compared to other fighters like KOF SF and GG.

Netplay was also raw fucking ass and the lack of reversal frames/try reversals since armor moves are just that doing a move with 1 sheet of armor made the game feel even more geared towards silly setplay

I liked Cyro Subzero doe.
>>
>>323519618
>Good room

You mean hugbox
>>
Boon ruined my waifu
>>
File: milleena model mouth.png (487 KB, 1024x880) Image search: [Google]
milleena model mouth.png
487 KB, 1024x880
>>323521543
iv'e heard that since the summer patch it's alright now.

>>323521508
>>323522540
>godawful Mileena redesign
Worst meme, the fact she actually looks like a fucking oni and her face looks somewhat normal and sexy and you can't see how tuly fucked up it actually is tll her mouth unhinges like a damned snake is awesome.
>>
>>323513183
Because it is the same fucking god damn game over and fucking over. Let it die off already.
>>
>>323513183
I liked Mortal Kombat X, but...
-Bland music
-Meh story
-No friendships

Other than that, I was fine with it. The story still bugs me, especially with how much better the comic is.

Lately, Vogel has been saying shit like, "All the revenant heroes are actually willingly staying a revenant because they are THAT mad" which makes no god damn sense (especially for characters like Stryker, Sindel, and Nightwolf).
>>
>>323521508
>boring character design overall
Hey, I'd argue the designs are pretty great for most of the returning characters.
While the new characters could be more interesting design wise, I feel a lot of the returning ones have the best designs they've had since Deception.
Also even if they goofed Mileena's face, they did better with the other women than they have in previous games.
>>
i don't like the neutral not rewarding good movement as much as being the first to throw out a preemptive normal that converts into your characters dumb 50/50, then not rewarding blocking due to chip+meter gain. It's just constant braindead safe pressure and vortex. And ranked is fucking terrible, I played alot the first few months when matchmaking was broken and couldn't handle how boring it got. I haven't really played since predator was released. I just watch it now and enjoy hearing what NRS fucks up every patch.
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>323521014
>>
The biggest thing for me at least that put me off of the game is that the PC version was mad ass at launch. And so is the netcode for it in general.

That and the Kombat Kids are not all that good outside of say, Takeda and sometimes Gay Archer being pretty strong during the early revisions.

And maybe the announcement of Kombat Pack 2 and its character choices (outside of Tri-Borg and maybe Bo). It kinda reminded me of how I appreciated DOA5 enough to buy it, then two months later they announce ultimate.

>>323518690

Kotal's been buffed up in some aspects. Gotta love that the Sun God variant can manually charge himself without the choke now.

>>323521543

After say, probably the Jason or Tanya Patch the game runs pretty good now at least.
>>
Yeah gonna go to EVO this year. Mostly for MKX and Guilty Gear. Street Fighter-fags really hate this game, then again they hate any other fighting game that's not Street Fighter.
>>
>>323513183
>why do you hate this game /v/?
If you had to ask this question, you've never played it.
>>
File: 1452366374311.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452366374311.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>in-engine cutscenes (including shit like brutalities/fatalities) are 30fps
>actual gameplay is 60fps
>>
>>323524453
>neo-NRS defence force
>>
>>323524453
Whay do that hate the hate the game
>>
>>323524657
To be fair that was more a design choice rather than a hardware limitation.
>>
Putting Tanya in the game as DLC was the biggest "lol fuck the fans" ever.
>>
>>323524864
I like Tanya
>>
>>323524710
Because there's been a 'SF vs MK' beef since like forever. One of the major problems that comes into play are the dudebros who have no idea how to play fighting games, but then say "SF is shit! MK is great because fatalities!", and that really ruffles SF jimmies.
>>
>>323524790
Doesn't excuse the fact that it was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>323524690
Look don't get me wrong, I like street fighter. But I've never played a game and thought that made me superior to someone else that's plays a different franchise.
>>
>>323524892
said no one ever
>>
>>323524710
He sounds like a TYM faggot who doesn't like it when people point out flaws. MKX could've been great if Boon and his band of merry retards developed a proper netcode and didn't patch the game every other day etc, it's actually sad. There's only the diehards left for the game but even they are switching mains constantly because of it.
>>
>>323524864
Fucking how? She was one of the most requested characters for DLC back during MK9.

How you gonna call THAT the 'lol fuck the fans' when we're getting four horror icons as DLC instead of four possible MK characters?
>>
There are two things that I can honestly say are bad about MKX.
First is the stamina system and by extension the run mechanic. It makes some combo continuations overcomplicated by having to run part way through to make a combo continue whereas before you could have just dashed or an enhanced special.
The second is probably the variations. On paper they are good but for certain characters it seems kinda pointless or hurts the fighter overall. Like Raiden's teleport being only on one variation or 2 out of 3 Reptile variations are essentially the same. Many characters fall into the latter.
Just my opinion though.
>>
>>323524956
It's just two sides of the same coin. SF has deeper mechanics so SF people who probably aren't even good at the game latch onto it and think it's the best fighting game series ever. MK people do the same retarded shit, (latch on/think it's the best) for the reasons you listed.
>>
File: Ferra Torr.png (641 KB, 1037x812) Image search: [Google]
Ferra Torr.png
641 KB, 1037x812
>>323513183
I quite like it, but not enough to truly git gud.
I loved some of the new characters like Erron Black and Ferra/Torr, and I certainly liked how it felt a lot more fluid than past titles, but i'm just not a fan of how the game works, what with juggles, 50/50s and such.
I still play it every now and then with friends, but I feel the game stagnated really quickly, and no amount of DLC or patches is gunna change its fundamental issues.
>>
>>323525067
I would've had the terminator or michael myers instead of that boring sandnigger bitch.
>>
>>323525316
True. Really fucking sucks, cause I love both.
>>
>>323525038
I don't post on tym, the problem I have is with elitism in the FGC. TYM, perpetuates that shit too, and I don't deny that MKX has a fuckton of problems. it does. But I play MKX, SF and GG for different reasons.
>>
>>323525345
So you just hate Tanya and aren't making these statements with any valid points outside of personal tastes. Got it.
>>
>>323513183
Played it a lot and stopped.
>>
>>323525243
Looks like your just bad at the game
>>
>>323525487
Yea me to
>>
>>323525575
I hate her because she's a boring fucking bitch who literally just throws boring fireballs.
>>
I never started to dislike it, but nobody plays this game in Oregon outside of portland (which is a 6 hour drive from corvally) and the online is abysmally awful.
That and ferra/torr continues to get small nerfs despite being low tier.
>>
>>323524989
She was my main in 4 and Deception
>>
>>323513183
Loved all the new villain characters, but all the new heroes were shit.

Ferra/Tor and Dvorah in particular are new klassic characters in my book.
>>
>>323527132
F/T will never be seen again. Vogel is shit and spent zero time developing them and I haven't seen one person who likes how they play.
>>
banned in my country but apparently tthe matchmaking is horrendously bad just like he last game so I could hardly give a fuck
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.