[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question /v/ My first pc to play gaems will be ready in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: PlayStation3-Sixaxis.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2480) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation3-Sixaxis.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2480
Quick question /v/

My first pc to play gaems will be ready in a few days and I was wondering, using a PS3 controller to play gaems like Dark Souls is ok? Any lag? Should I buy another controller?
>>
>>323512937
If you're playing Dark Souls just play it on PS3 anyway, (unless its DS2) its locked at 720p on PC and 30fps just like PS3.
>>
>>323513721
ok next
>>
>>323512937
>using a controller
Just cancel your PC order and stay console you casual fucktard.
>>
PS3 controller should work fine. Wired 360 controller is also good, in fact it works as soon as you plug it in. And to address what anon said about Dark Souls PC being locked at 720p/30fps, there has been a patch to fix this since less than 24 hours after the game came out on PC. I'm 40 hours into the Prepare to Die edition on PC, and DSFix allows the game to run at higher resolutions and framerates.
>>
>>323514303
Sometimes I wonder why I'm still going here
>>
>>323514303
I know you're shitposting, but you have to be careful. There are young, impressionable minds on this site that may end up believing that using a controller on PC is bad.

It's only bad if you're playing competitive online shooters. I use a controller as often as I can.
>>
DS3 tool works really well, but you have to be online to use it which is strange. Also it gets identified as a 360 controller on my pc for some reason, but it works perfectly nonetheless
>>
>>323512937
360 one is better
>>
>>323514846
I think it's possible to use without being online, you'd have to Google it though. Haven't used a PS3 controller in a while.
>>
>>323513721
And yetr we have fixes for 1080p and 60fps. Additionally even if we dont have them we wont lag due to our hardware meeting 30fps requirement unlike consoles in blighttown
>>
>>323513721
>If you're playing Dark Souls just play it on PS3 anyway

consolefags everyone

Do not play it on this piece of shit, play it on PC where you can mod it into something resembling a modern game.
>>
File: 1451118171572.jpg (185 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1451118171572.jpg
185 KB, 1200x800
>>323514846
>using the spyware that ds3 tool is
don't do this
download scp server instead
>>
>>323515084
>>323514846
Use xinput wrapper you fags
>>
>>323515084
I'm trying to use that and it worked for a while but now I'm getting some "Host Address: Disconnected" error. I've tried looking online but I can't find a solution.
>>
>>323515084
>>323515212
SCP server and Xinput wrapper are the same thing.

Also, the original SCP server got abandoned a long time ago, and since then, there's a new fork of it. It's called SCP toolkit.

https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/
>>
>>323515084
>spyware
is this true? also why the fuck do you always have to be connected to the internet to use a controller with these shit ass programs
>>
>>323515794
what this guy says, and download the 360 drivers as well.
Don't fucking use motioninjoy. i have no idea why people still recommend that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.