[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing this for the first time on PS4 and it's bretty gud.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 151192-Rogue_Galaxy_(USA)-2.jpg (132 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
151192-Rogue_Galaxy_(USA)-2.jpg
132 KB, 300x424
Playing this for the first time on PS4 and it's bretty gud.

Good characters so far if a little cliche. Leveling system reminds me of FFXII and the battle system is pretty fun,

Anyone have any memories of this game? Do the characters ever shut up during the overworld? It's getting a little tedious.

Rogue Galaxy thread.
>>
You can turn off the talking stuff in the system menu. I think it's called "active dialog" or something.

And yeah, it's Level 5's second best game with Dragon Quest 8 being the first.
>>
>>323511792
Grindy as all hell but definitely an overlooked gem. I'd like a sequel where 20% of the grind is removed, more planets and you get to explore them in any order or at least open up travel earlier.

The revelation system is smarter than it has any right to be. It makes finding items more important than just leveling up, otherwise you miss skills. Really sharp.
>>
>>323512102
Nice thanks anon.

I couldn't stand the fucking girl asking where the village was when we had already found it.
>>
I just started playing it on PS4 too and I like it
But I am getting sick of filling the weapon and hunting logs out
Other than that I really like how I can cheese bosses with Illusion Sword and have two party members buff everyone's attacks
>>
File: latest.jpg (64 KB, 450x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
64 KB, 450x1000
>>323511792
Oomph
>>
>>323513592
I like the hunting but I love that shit in RPGS
>>323514524
I'm not very far in but are there any more waifu's aside from her and the tribe chick?
>>
>>323511792
>tfw really wanted this game after playing the demo
>no fucking shop had it
same thing nearly happened with DQ8 but luckily managed to stumble upon it a year after it came out, hidden in a pile of used copies of Fifa, still at full price.
Those were good games, too bad my Gamestops were such cunts
>>
>its getting a little tedious

Did you get to Gladius Towers because hooo boy, Gladius Towers is probably the worst dungeon in PS2 JRPG history.

It gets better AFTER that, although every battle will eventuall boil down to spamming Illusion Sword and Drunken Burst.

Also make sure you've got a good weapon on every character before you beat the game. You'll know why when you get there.
>>
>>323515348
Nah I'm only a few hours in at the village with the Dark Fruit.

So it's pretty grindy? Ah well needed something to tide me over till DaS 3 and Ratchet and Clank.

Also why does Steve Blum do the same voice for every game he's in?
>>
>>323515639

It CAN be, especially if you end up trying to max out everyone's Revelation chart. Once you get a certain point, you'll be spamming the same abilites to get through battles.

If you can, max out the Desert Seeker as soon as you can. Look up a guide to do this, as it will be your go-to boss weapon till you get the Dorgenedge (which isnt until post game)

>why does Steve Blum do the same voice in every game he's in

Because people forget he HAS range but wont use it
>>
>>323516082
Sounds good. Thanks anon.
>>
>>323516416

No problem, have fun.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.