[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I enjoy / compete in this game without spending money on it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Hearthstone_G+_BG-1.jpg (396 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Hearthstone_G+_BG-1.jpg
396 KB, 2048x1152
Can I enjoy / compete in this game without spending money on it?
>>
>Enjoy
Yes.
>Compete
No.
>>
>enjoy
If you enjoy losing, yes.
>compete
If you don't mind losing competitions, yes.
>>
>>323510406

/thread
>>
>>323510406
This and if you want to enjoy this game for free you need to grind for packs and adventures.
>>
>>323510239
>enjoy
Maybe. I didn't.

>compete
Hell no.
>>
>>323510239
>Enjoy
Maybe. Personally I don't see how anyone could get into Hearthstone with 3 packs and adventures. It takes way too long to 'get up to speed' if you don't spend a dime.
>compete
Hahahaha, no.
>>
>enjoy
If you enjoy a few years of grinding then sure.
>compete
Once you have grinded yourself a metadeck you'll do fine untill another OP metadeck comes and beats yours.
>>
>>323510239
if you play it for long enough, yes
>>
Hit legend every season and have every meta relevant card in the game. Never spent a dime just by going infinite in arena and farming.
>>
>>323513396
Did you have fun farming? Do you have fun playing?
>>
>>323510239

no. trying to play catchup in this game you're going to repeatedly lose to decks that have cards that are literally all around better than yours.
>>
File: 1-loads-of-money.jpg (24 KB, 288x296) Image search: [Google]
1-loads-of-money.jpg
24 KB, 288x296
>Been playing since vanilla and have amassed a sizeable enough collection to play almost any deck i want.
>Only money ive spent was on one of the adventures.

I just hit 1300 legend last season. And yes, it was secret paladin.
>>
>>323513543
Nope to both. No fucking clue why I do it.
>>
I've been playing it for free since it released, with a couple breaks here and there. I've like 15 legendaries by now and still, no matter what deck it is, if i wanted to copy one, i would not have all the cards required. Always missing something. It doesn't help that i'm refusing to craft anything but legendaries.
For instance i still don't have a single preparation after all this time. If you want to "compete" and be new, you will have to specifically craft the very cards you need for your one deck and disenchant everything else you get.
>>
>>323513656
Actually I should say I do have some kind of fun when I hit legend in the season and can stop netdecking the current top meta and just fuck around with whatever. But before that is like 200 games of the same plays with the same cards playing against the same decks over and over and over and over. Maybe not worth it.
>>
>>323514239
What would you say is the best deck/s to hit legend with this month?

I seem to have hit a wall at rank 6 so far this season.
>>
>Enjoy
Maybe
>Compete
Nope

I've been grinding that f2p train for 2 years now. I buy adventures only and it's pretty aids
>>
>>323514353
Secret paladin is still probably the best but after that tempo mage is really good for beating the decks everyone is playing right now.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/409276-1-legend-s22-tempo-mage

This has given me about a 75% win rate so far. It stomps on secret paladin just follow the mulligan guide.
>>
>>323510239
Not this late in the game. One of the main things they are looking into reworking is how to get new players into the game.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.