[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW UNDERRAIL THREAD GET IN HERE JACKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 41
File: header.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
NEW UNDERRAIL THREAD

GET IN HERE JACKS
>>
protip: I recommend playing with this playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cLRP-QQxn4
>>
>>323508623
Is it on sale yet?
>>
File: in progressv2.jpg (3 MB, 2460x2120) Image search: [Google]
in progressv2.jpg
3 MB, 2460x2120
>>323508623
thoughts so far?

Ill be back later to finish it
>>
>>323508402
They don't want to eradicate governments. They just want them to stay local.
>>
Is there a way to get Tchort's minions to stop FUCKING WITH ME?! I just want to explore

Its an infinite spawn and it is really god damn annoying.
>>
>>323508623

Are there any non craftable googles with good bonuses?
>>
is there any else i can do before depot a, i feel horribly undergeared compared to what i'm expected to do there
>>
>>323508623
>game can't make walls transparent due to being made by 1 slave with while squatting
>still make an entire city (foundry) where every fucking thing is hidden behind shit on multiple levels

foundry is the worst fucking city goddamn
>>
>>323508914
just say mental subversion is abslutely garbage and be done with it

don't make people think it's actually worth anything because it isn't.
>>
>>323509535
Really? I didn't notice anything wrong with it.
>>
>>323509760
All the fucking doors are hidden
it's awful

and tab just highlights the doors, doesn't put (door) on floating text so it's a pain to find them anyway
>>
>>323507751
The problem with benevolent dictators is that once you give them power over you, you can do shit all against them. What will you do if your dictator one day decides to go full retard? Nothing. Or at the very least it is going to be really hard.

You never give a single human total power. It is not going to work out on the long run, even if they are the most altruistic person in the world.
>>
>>323509906

Im in the deep caverns have have yet to even go to the foundry
>>
>>323509906
I only remember a single door that was not in an obvious place and was a real pain in the ass to find, the door to the doctor's house that doesn't require you to break in. That one just poor placement on Styg's part. But as far as I remember that was by far the worst offender.
>>
>>323508623
>>>/vg/
>>
>>323510009
That's the problem with dictators in general, but when you say "benevolent dictator", it specifically implies some guy that actually has a decent head on his shoulders.

The problem with benevolent dictators, specifically, is that line of succession is a bitch.
9 times out of 10, their successor will not live up to the benevolent dictator's name, and the act of succession itself will be filled with intrigue.

A benevolent dictatorship is better than a corrupt democracy, but it's doomed to end someday.
LoGH deals with this issue in depth.
>>
>>323511334
"Benevolent X" will always trump "corrupt Y". Democracy is inherently better than dictatorship, because in theory there is a smaller room for it to go completely awry. The problem is that while it's true "in theory", shit is almost guaranteed to go awry in both cases. With smaller, local states with their own laws and government you can mitigate the damage, because one community fucking up does not necessarily doom everyone. Not that it matters in this case, since the Protectorate is not free of corruption, and is not afraid to play dirty.

I will one day pick up the novels. The animu is too long for my tastes.
>>
>>323512361
Oh yes, I do agree it's completely outside of any real application. I'm just talking theory here.

Viz is gonna release the novels soon IIRC. But the animu is pretty great, I thought it was long too at first, but it's really engaging.
>>
Do fear effects actually work in this game?
In most RPGs I've played, these sorts of effects were completely useless because enemies almost always resist them.
>>
>>323512781
Fear can be resisted, but it doesn't happen often enough to make the effect any less good. It is really, really effective.
>>
Started playing this today, decided to go with a strong, hearty brute with psionic potential. So far, combat's a huge pain in the ass. My psi powers lack utility, I have no crowd control options, and I don't have enough cash to waste on utilities and blueprints. Shit's worse than AoD as far as presentation goes.

Speaking of which, what the fuck is the Underrail? What happened to the world? Who the fuck am I? Why is there so little exposition about the wider setting? I don't give a shit about the Protectorate or the Union, I don't even understand the basic geography of this place.
>>
I cant wait for the posts to stop being about people just starting the game and more of people in the late stages of the game.
>>
Shit game
>>
So I got rid of the Faceless in Rail Crossing with Buzzer dying and turned in the quests but I still have Find out what the Faceless are searching for in my quest log. I searched Buzzer's shop and I can't find anything, is this a bug?
>>
>>323509320

do you mean crafting ONLY goggles? i'm curious about this as well.
>>
>>323513169
The game beings really slow. You have to learn works and waht you can explore or not.
It picks up fast once you reach junkyard and start exploring, the lore also begins to makes sense by the time you get to Core.

Combat gets crazy.
>>
I'm in a sort of dead end. I have only one quest: find out what faceless are searching for. I don't know where to go and google comes up with nothing. What do?
>>
>>323508914
>dark red text on black background

Leave this kind of shit to /gd/, senpai.
>>
>>323512687
Even if we talk about theory though, there are other problems that simply being benevolent does not solve. A human is prone to judgmental errors, crumbling under pressure, being affected by outside factors like health issues. I single person can't do everything, can't pay attention to everything, can't oversee all the people working under him. You can't get around this. Even if we talk about theory, in an optimal situation your dictator would have to be an omnipresent, omniscient being. Basically a god.
>>
>>323513797
But I'm not missing anything in regards to lore and worldbuilding? Like, there's nowhere for me to read up on the difference between the Lower and Upper Underrail or a rough history of the place? There's a console in the library but it doesn't do anything. It seems really barebones coming from Fo1 or AoD.
>>
>>323513691
Nah. You can get the information if you are a psyker with mind reading. If you are not, you'll have to look elsewhere for your answer. Rail Crossing is not the only place where the Faceless showed up.
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00002.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00002.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
WHERES THE FUCKIN ENERGY SHIELDS

I CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE
>>
>>323514210
>But I'm not missing anything in regards to lore and worldbuilding?

No the game dumps you like that on purpose, as I said once you get to level 10 and Core City the game really picks up speed.

And some quests lines are the best in crpg memory.

The beginning is stalkerish survival in the surrounding of SGS, junkyard already as a little progression , the gang war for example.
>>
>>323514404
Have you tried opening some doors?
>>
>>323514443
Alright, thanks. I'll probably stick with it. I'm enjoying the quests so far and the setting seems intriguing enough.
>>
>>323514210
It's important you remember this game was made by litterally one person. There isn't going to be the online resources for Underrails universe that there would be for the Fallout universe. You'll just have to play the game and figure it out yourself, talk to everyone, you'll get the idea of the socio-political situation soon enough.

tl;dr North Underrail is run by the protectorate, who operate on questionable morals. They're trying to get a foothold in South Underrail so they can unite it with the North "for the unity of humanity", OR IS IT?????

-This message sponsored by the Free Drones propaganda dept.
>>
Do you use custom portraits?
>>
>>323508623
To everyone that can't finish the coretech warehouse. Go to every seller and buy every poision caltrops and bear trap and poisoned bear trap and mine. Buy the belt that lets you lay down traps faster. Completely cover the room in traps literally every fuicking scare and throw caltrops all over it and just sit in the back and watch the 3 guys mop everyone up. That's all I did and everyone survived.
>>
>>323514461
Yeah, none of the storage areas have what i'm looking for, just a bunch of random shit.
>>
I got gang raped by a pack of Rats in the first mission

Stealth and my Crossbow seem to be nigh irrelevant, the packs move so fast and there's so many I can't sneak past.

I did eventually grind my way through but there's no clear way to "take" the outposts besides turn the power on and flip the switch?

Also I can't seem to barter to complete a trade no matter how good the deal is on either side.
>>
>>323514741
>Also I can't seem to barter to complete a trade no matter how good the deal is on either side.
You can only sell vendors items they've asked for. These'll be circled in your inventory, and items they won't accept will be marked out in the barter interface. You can't complete a trade if you're selling any items they won't accept.
>>
>>323514697
Are you sure none of the storage areas have what you are looking for?
>>
>>323514210
Anon, a word of warning. Don't play Underrail for the story, you are only going to get disappointed. Not saying that the story is bad, but it is very light on exposition. And this is not going to change much later. You will not get lore books or walking encyclopedias. Most questions you ask will be answered in a few words, and very often you will be told to shove your questions up your ass and leave them alone.
>>
Fuck the deep caverns

Fuck the infinite respawning enemies

Fuck the enemies there that stop me from using Psi on my psi only character.

The deep cavers are fucking stupid. Fuck this game.
>>
>>323514741
The first mission is a great tutorial, because it's ballbreakingly tough for the level and equipment you have. Those rats will FUCK YOU UP, if you let them. So you've gotta think on your feet and NOT let them gang up on you. Fight them in narrow tunnels where only one can attack you, and then just nail down the ones that are getting pack frenzied while tanking the normal one hitting you. Trap them behind fences and pepper them with crossbow bolts.

As for trading, you need to observe what the merchant in question is actually interested in buying. If you put something in the offer box and it has a big red X over it, they don't want that. The list of shit they want is above their inventory. Press the "sort" button (or w/e it is) and it'll automtically fix up how much money you need to pay.or how much they need to pay for your shit. They'll never accept a trade if the little arrow thing is in the red.
>>
>>323514607
The oddities also had a bit of sparse lore.
Best part of the game is really the mid and exploration.
>>323514906
You know that sparseness actually helps the ambiguity and the existing lore.
And dialogue can really matter, strongest pints are definitely the freedom to do what you want.
>>
Best round to chamber an AR in?
>>
File: robin_l.png (24 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
robin_l.png
24 KB, 100x100
>>323514608
For my second playthrough, yeah. Crossbows, stealth, traps build and this hero came to mind.
>>
>>323515154
8.6, not the most damage but does quite a bit and the ammo is pretty plentiful.
>>
>>323514852
>>323515139

Thanks, will try some of this in the future.

Was trying to make a character specialized in explosives or exploding crossbow bolts, with enough stealth to get the first hit off in combat at least.

So far haven't found much in the way of schematics or materials to build things but just on the first mission
>>
>>323515141
>You know that sparseness actually helps the ambiguity and the existing lore.

Of course. Personally I prefer it over Torment-style storytellingbut I found Torment's story and writing style abhorrent, so whatever, but some people approach rpgs expecting choose your own adventure books, which this game is most definitely not.
>>
>>323514862
I swear, i've searched all 5 of them and they have nothing I can interract with that doesn't just have random shit in it. Am I this retarded? What am I missing here
>>
>>323515290
nice anime avatar

faggot
>>
I want you guys to sell me on which faction to join in Core City. I'm leaning towards Praetorian Security or Coretech.
>>
Are there any character editors out for Underrail yet?

I've been pumping persuasion and just found out that it's practically worthless. I'd really rather not start over from scratch.
>>
>>323515658
"just have random shit in it"
it's one of those random shits anon.
>>
File: custom1_l.png (26 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
custom1_l.png
26 KB, 100x100
>>323514608
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00003.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00003.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
>>323515784
oh for fucks sake I though this was just a cardboard box

goddamnit i am dumb
>>
>>323515704
Coretech has the best merchant if you give a fuck about electronic crap. Personally I hardly ever use a shield so I don't see the appeal.

All of them are scum, so who cares.
>>
I thought people said this game was like earthbound, so far it seems more like fallout
>>
>>323516021
that would be undertale anon
>>
>>323515154

All types are useful. But 7.62 with micro shrapnel is amazing.

>>323515627
>Personally I prefer it over Torment-style storytellingbut I found Torment's story and writing style abhorrent

Opinions, different styles. I loved the reference to Torment in Underrail when you lie about your name.

I personally also prefer rpgs and games in general to focus on mechanics and the story be a well cronstructed background where the player can use ambiguity and the existing lore to, well, roleplay. I also would prefer games to be more like Underrail, more System Shock, more Deus Ex, give you a central story, but freedom to do what you want, go where you want.
Thing is Torment also allows you to roleplay but its all about creating a personality.
I wonder if the new Torment will marry the immense dialogue choices with good combat.
>>
>TNT weighs more then the combined crafting components

what
>>
>>323514741
>>323513169
people that don't know how to use traps or quick tinkering

seriously I'm untouchable with a crossbow
>>
Reminder that Underrail is set in roughly 2215, based off that one Back to the Future reference oddity.
>>
>>323516516
it's also not worth it to craft it since the components cost more

also jackhammer > TNT unless you doing covert shit
>>
How does opening ventilation shafts work?
I have a crowbar but I can't seem to use it.
>>
>>323515754
cheat engine
>>
>>323516729
You need an omni tool
>>
>>323516948
Yeah, I just got one and it worked.
So crowbars don't actually work?
>>
>>323516995
Nope. Crowbars are just for bashing skulls in.
>>
>>323516146
>I also would prefer games to be more like Underrail, more System Shock, more Deus Ex

This is pretty much it.
Torment could have been the best text adventure ever, or a wonderful point and click, or fuck, a visual novel. Anything that supports dumping a long. complex story on you in a convenient manner. But it decided to be a crpg, without implementing good gameplay but still forcing you to take unnecessary long breaks in the story to advance from one point to the next, and gave you shitton of text confined to a fairly small dialogue box. It was a terrible experience. It failed both as a game and as a storytelling medium.

Games like UR, SS, or DX, they managed to find a balance, and didn't try to pull off a story that does not work well with their chosen medium. In them, story and gameplay complement each other, to create a much better experience.

But this is just my opinion. I realize it is not a popular one.
>>
>>323516995
They require high strength to actually pull the shitoff the walls I believe.
>>
>>323508931
>They just want them to stay local.
Then they're lost!
>>
>>323516995
They work, but it's almost retarded in how complicated i is. You need to equip the crowbar, then open the inventory, then place the equipped crowbar on your utility bar. If you want to open a vent, you have to click it on your utility bar, not the weapon slot. And then if you pass the strength check, you can actually open the vent.
>>
File: Drunkeness.png (3 MB, 1264x2140) Image search: [Google]
Drunkeness.png
3 MB, 1264x2140
I hope the faceless know how to have a good time too.
>>
Anyone try a psi throwing build?

The fatal throw feat sounds like it might be good as a finisher
>>
File: unterrail3.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unterrail3.jpg
567 KB, 1920x1080
>>323517049
No anon, even with you shitting on Torment, I agree.
Story should be told with the gameplay and game world.
I like the little snippets of information the game gives me, every answer should generate two more questions.
Many games succeed in this, and the semi sand box nature of the holy trinity like Thief SS and DX taught us that. Arx fatalis as well.
A true rpg finds a way to be a good combat experience and a good story, and offer multiple solutions.
Everything comes together when you have a guy like Styg.

In a way I hope the new Torment keeps the good descriptions but lets the player fucking explore and be more engaged with the fighting.
>>
>>323517726
Could be interesting.
>>
>>323508710
eeeeey good to see you again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vr0amOKCHo
>>
>>323510045
you should if you use anything metallic. You'll find a good use for all those charons laying around in your inventory after their quest.
>>
>>323513169
>anon what psi branch

Also hearty brute? why would you do that.
>>
>>323518852
it's good for any armors really, infused leather is the shit

also, the house you get from the chick that tries to put the moves on you is the best
>>
How long is this game?
This is the first CRPG I actually enjoyed, and I'm afraid of it ending early since it was made by one dude.
>>
>>323508710
>muting the godly synthwave soundtrack
Heresy.
>>
>>323519273
It might have been made by one dude, but it took him 7 years to do so

its REALLY fucking long
>>
>>323519273
Depends if you go straight for the main quest. It gets pretty much free-roam after Depot A, and even so, the main plot forces you to diverge at some point.

I thought I was nearing end-game after reaching core city.

How wrong I was.
>>
File: original.jpg (2 MB, 1500x931) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
2 MB, 1500x931
>>323519365
Some tunes are good, but I eventually just put it to zero and listen to prog rock 70 synth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWrQ-U4AaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqAgBxnIcUQ
>>
The fuck do I do with the head of the beast?
>>
>>323516516
anon you forgot to count the bodily fluids' weights used to patch it up
>>
>>323513169
>Why is there so little exposition about the wider setting?
You're not playing as someone thrust into this alien world, you've lived here and it's all you know. I think you need to adjust your expectations.

The wider setting is the Underrail. It's a new world. Virtually no one is melancholy about the loss of the surface. It's a world on it's own.

>who the fuck am i
That's up to you. At some point you decided to join SGS and after some effort, you're just getting into the fold.

>What happened to the world?
Some sort of event. Presumably conflict left the surface world uninhabitable and people have been living underground ever since. The Underrail is probably a decades long expansion of existing metro systems in preparation for this eventuality. Like vaults except on a national scale I guess.

>I don't give a shit about the Protectorate or the Union
No one will force you to care. It's just as valid to play without caring for Northern groups as a southern PC.
>>
>>323519273
I am 90 hours in and two builds later, still flawed ones, but enjoying my Heavy armor gun build, only now I reached Core City for the first time.

It has quite varied environments, especially after leaving the caves.

I will probably dump 200h
>>
>>323519620
Mount it in your Core City House
>>
File: Hallelujah.jpg (175 KB, 580x572) Image search: [Google]
Hallelujah.jpg
175 KB, 580x572
>Also the core city merchants and layout, you can blame it on me. Didnt think it trough, as i always try to design the hubs as real and logical possible, so from a "architecture" viewpoint it makes sense, but from a gameplay aspect that was really bad design, need to look into it later and see if there can be done something about it.
>>
>>323519456
>>323519467
>>323519734
Good to know.
Something about this game's atmosphere just draws me in, I didn't feel this with Torment, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
I'm a sucker for cyberpunk, but this thing is post apocalyptic, so I didn't expect to love it, especially since I don't care much for Fallout.
>>
>>323520040
well- it's half cyberpunk all things considered. Especially nearing the end and understanding more about the various major factions, including the faceless.
I honestly got more of a ghost in the shell vibe than a wasteland 1/2 or metro 2033 one.
>>
>>323520040
>I'm a sucker for cyberpunk, but this thing is post apocalyptic

It's post-apocalyptic cyberpunk, actually. You are just in a less advanced part of the world. Up north it's full blown cyberpunk, too bad we don't get to see it in this game.
>>
How do I get this Faceless drill working? My mechanical skill isn't good enough to patch it up myself, and I've been speaking to a bunch of people in Core City (including the quest givers), but no one can point me in the right direction. I talked to the faceless that was hanging in a cage nearby, let him out and gave him an advanced hypo, but he just high tailed it outta there. Was hoping he'd be able to lend a hand, but I guess not.
>>
>>323519958
What was the issue?

Take elevator to merchant level. See electronics and closing repair shop. One screen further to general store, weapons, and doktor, and then you've got the bar and arena. A real hub for the city.
>>
>>323520382
Wait hang on, i've helped fix drills before, is the answer in SGS?
>>
What the fuck is this game and why should I play it?
>>
>>323520382
There's a mechanic in the near the merchants. His store is closing down and he's looking for work.

Next to electronics store. Bring money.
>>
>>323520285
>>323520368
Ah, that explains it.
>in this game
u wot m8
Don't tell me the dude has a sequel in the works?
>>
>>323520382
>>323520489

go see the mechanic next to the electronics shop in town. You'll need only 2 chirons though so no worries.
>>
>>323520382
There is a closed shop next to the elctronics one. Talk to the guy there.
>>
File: SJW game confirmed.png (778 KB, 1022x763) Image search: [Google]
SJW game confirmed.png
778 KB, 1022x763
>>323520508
It's a meme game. Ignore it.
>>
>>323520508
how about fuck off and figure it out yourself
>>
File: ss2345.jpg (95 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ss2345.jpg
95 KB, 1024x768
>>323520040
>I didn't feel this with Torment, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

Maybe not but the feel is there.

Its closest soul mates would however be System Shock and Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis creative item crafting and cooking.
If you play System Shock 1\2 you immediately recognize Underaill.
I very much recommend both.

You are missed looking glass.
>>
>>323520548
>>323520586
>>323520616
Goddamnit, the one shop I didn't check. Thanks lads.
>>
>>323520674
True, the psi abilities immediately reminded me of system shock. I should finish it some days.

>>323520581
No I highly doubt it. He spent 7 years working on it and is still resolving a few issues. Unless he manages to procure himself a real team of slav squatters.
>>
>>323520415
For me the biggest issue is that there is no fast access to the lower level. Having to backtrack to the elevator because I want to go down one fucking level is annoying as hell.
>>
Is there any way to get more hotkey slots?
>>
>>323520586
>You'll need only 2 chirons though so no worries.
You cheeky bastard
>>
>>323521012
Press shift. Press ctrl.
>>
>>323521012
There are a total of three hotbars I think, Shift and Ctrl are both modifier keys that let you access another set of abilities when held down.
>>
>>323520946
Ok, I can see that. More than one way to travel city levels is just good city planning especially for it's hub.
>>
File: 1445783323_222.jpg (465 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1445783323_222.jpg
465 KB, 1024x768
>>323520849

Psi abilities, razor sharp inventory management, brutal combat that needs appropriate time to plan, what bullets to use, etc.

Its no doubt clinging to SS soul.

I am always mind blown of how good they are and aged.

>>323520581

The frame is there, and he got help by the end, I think depending on the success of this game a sequel is very much likely.
I hope with even more stuff and better sprites.
>>
>>323520674
Man, I've already been told to play System Shock a million times. I swear after I'm done with Underrail I'll go straight to it.

>>323520849
Well shit. Maybe he could get a decent team if this game sells.
Why are slav devs so based? Fuck.
>>
>>323521440
Because they mostly make games by passion, not for profit.

People already have hopes of modding Underrail someday as styg mentioned he would eventually work on it at some point.

Just imagine even more weapons and psi abilities.
>>
>>323521440
Well, the game dies end on a cliffhanger though.
>>
Let me get this straight (faceless question)
In order to eventually become buddy buddy with the faceless, I need to NEVER kill ANY faceless right? So I should just avoid areas with hostile faceless (like the cluster of them in the caves of western Core City mid level). I wanna become buddy buddy with them because they seem interesting. I'm a Psiker if thats relevant somehow.
>>
>>323522097
Wait, what?
I saved that one near the wrecked drill but got rid of those at Buzzer's. Does that mean I have to start all over again?

I can't tell if I'm glad or really annoyed.
>>
>>323522097
Yes, that is right. There might be one exception, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>323522494
Alright, i'll do my best to do that then. Friendship time.

>>323522412
Rip
>>
File: 1419722549159.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419722549159.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>323522659
>>323522494
Welp. Time to try another build.
>>
>>323522659
Don't forget that for the time being you must also let them kill Buzzer and fail a quest.
>>
File: forbidden love~.jpg (184 KB, 972x1080) Image search: [Google]
forbidden love~.jpg
184 KB, 972x1080
>mfw finding a psi mentor in a random box

it was cryokinetic orb
>>
File: Moooot.jpg (343 KB, 642x800) Image search: [Google]
Moooot.jpg
343 KB, 642x800
>>323522939
>it was cryokinetic orb
>>
>>323522939
>>323523328
I've heard Cryo Orb is the dope shit, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Sometimes I;ll shoot it near two dudes and only one will get shit on. Sometimes i'll throw it at a group of enemies and exactly one side of them will get destroyed. It seems like it can be really strong when used with Psionic Mania, but I just don't have a handle on controlling it yet.
>>
>>323523525
>>323523328
for what is worth, I just tested on some dudes and it murdered one and half killed the other
>>
Is no evasion on a psi-monk fine? I kind of want to take persuasion or thought control instead. Would compensate with shields or early on savescumming/bear traps at 0 traps skill
>>
>>323523737
People seem to be going for high con psi monks.
>>
>>323523525
>controlling it
I don't think you can. Seems pretty random to me.
>>
>>323523737
evasion and energy/cryo shield reliant 3 con psi monk here. I usually like to use energy field to lure ranged in while dirty kicking/flashbanging the more dangerous sledgehammerers. Sprint and hit and run also really helps with playing with the flow of the battle.
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00001.jpg (172 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00001.jpg
172 KB, 1600x900
underrail is a meme game like borderlands
see proof right here
>>
File: 65a.png (742 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
65a.png
742 KB, 667x1000
>>323524536
Maybe it's still funny in slavland.
>>
>>323524536
>dude tells me there's a cave where hoppers go to die
>think it's bullshit
>there is a cave near lake mushroom full of hopper bones (or what looks like it, not like the sprites are very accurate) but no enemeis around to justify so much carnage

fug
now I dunno if he sees the truth or not
>>
where do i get one of the workbenches?

>>323524719
Holy shit theres a cave where hoppers go to die. I was expecting a beast to ambush me there or something. I thought it was a lair.
>>
>>323525193
from steam:

Workbench Buying Locations:
Eletronics - West - Foundry
Mechanical - Travis - Rail Crossing
Leather - Freddy - Camp Hathor
Chemistry - Fixer - Junkyard
>>
>>323525374
thonx
>>
Am I supposed to be in this area with the sentry bots in the GMS compound?
I've checked the extremities through the ducts, got a few oddities, but I'm just not well equipped enough to take these bots on the central area head on. And yet there's a dead body there just begging me to investigate it.
>>
>>323523737
Playing a psychosis psi monk with evasion + dodge, siphoner armor and tabi boots here. I'd say ditching evasion for just dodge and a energy shield later on is fine.
>>
>>323525674
you can lure the bots trough the cameras, then escape into the ducts, and then run over there and loot the body
>>
>>323525674
The dead body is your goal, anon. Pro tip, the Bots are too strong to reliably kill. However, when the cameras get tripped, all the bots immediately rush to check it out. Maybe you could use that.
>>
>>323525674
ya s'pposed to sneak past, anon.

If not get some electric damage. EMP, psi...

Or if your lockpicking is high enough (60 I believe?), you can directly go to the south-east edge of the map (according to the compass directions) to open the trapdoor.
>>
>>323525674
>And yet there's a dead body there just begging me to investigate it.
You're in a better position than most. Some people miss it.

Yes, this is the first casual filter. You've got all the tools at your disposal to fight them.
>>
>>323525674
I used stealth to breeze through that place

I only had to kill 2 souls, at least directly ,,,,,,
>>
File: matusmoto2.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
matusmoto2.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>323525772
>>323525773
>>323525857
>>323525875
>>323526054
Guess I've got some gitting gud to do.
>>
>>323526287
trust me, you'll really have to if you wanna clear depot A.
>>
>>323524685

game was being made for 7 years.
>>
>>323514327
Ok so after I read this I assumed you meant Core City, but the only thing I can find there with the Faceless is the huge group of them and they wreck me. Do I just have to git gud?
>>
>>323526434
>tfw he probably put in the joke when it was still relevant it just took him years to actually finish the game.
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00004.jpg (208 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00004.jpg
208 KB, 1600x900
>>323526719
>>323526434
maybe hes just a big memester
>>
File: Todd Was Here.png (626 KB, 1024x762) Image search: [Google]
Todd Was Here.png
626 KB, 1024x762
>>323526987
for you
>>
>>323526987
>no one in underrail to call you an n'wah

alright....
>>
>>323525705
>psychosis psi monk
>damn son on demand crit telekinetic punches
>emission costs even higher though

Will that really work?
>>
>>323524719
Everything dude says is true, every single thing actually happens in the game.
>>
>>323525772
>>323525773
>>323525857
>>323525875
>>323526054
Alright, did it.
Lured the bots away with a grenade, then rushed in, looted that fucker, and got out.
Now to find the place where this key goes.
>>
>>323527596
see end of my post:
>>323525857
>>
>>323527753
Ah yes, I had already found that trapdoor. But I only have 30 lockpicking for now.

Either way, time to move.
>>
I just started a turf war in Core City after getting in a fight with gansters, all the zoners started attacking me.

Any repercussions for just killing everyone?
>>
Quick question: How much of each gang's quests can I do in Junkyard? Or am I locked out of one once I start the other's?
>>
>>323529232
You probs accidentally hit a zoner. None of the gangsters, quest related or not, should cause the city to go batshit on you.
>>
>>323529537

even if you kill zoners, those areas are in uncontrolled zones and shouldn't really effect much.
>>
>>323529537
nope, molotov only hit the gangsters and no zoners walked over the fire

I did put a bear trap but I figured since it was uncontrolled nobody would care
>>
>>323530149
yep, it's the bear trap
>>
>>323530149
Speaking of molotovs, I find it rather stupid that allies or neutrals will turn hostile on you after walking near your fire 3 turns after you threw it right in front of their eyes, despite the fact they have an alternate, albeit longer path to where they are moving. Black eels would pull that kind of shit during the gang wars despite me throwing it out of desperation to panic the few scrappers ganging up on Silas.
>>
>>323509535
Press Tab.
>>
I killed the Faceless inside Buzzer's shop, does that mean I can't be friendly with them? If it means anything, though, the small group near Foundry was friendly somehow, I told them of Cornell's gang and they gave me the Plasma Core.
>>
>>323530538
yeah, that shit is annoying as hell

I hate protect the NPC missions
>>
>>323529343
I know you can at least do two Scrapper quests before being locked out of the Eels. I would assume it's the same both ways?
>>
>>323527401
>>323524719
>>323524536
>everything he says is true

I fucking swear, if the faceless really are looking for a fucking diamond because it's cool I'm gonna be mad
>>
Next playthrough is going to be either smg, romiot shield police, or tricky throwing knives
>>
Is this better than Neo-Scavenger?
>>
>>323532413

these games are totally different
>>
File: Svetlana.png (21 KB, 123x118) Image search: [Google]
Svetlana.png
21 KB, 123x118
>>323520651
>>
>>323532413
Completely different genres.
If you want an opinion I enjoyed underrail more than neo scav. But neo scav's story was more carved out, and the fact it's permadeath really makes each playthrough more intense.
>>
>talking to rail crossing mayor dude
>he says "rail crossing is a small station... need ammo, weapons, medical supplies..."

meanwhile, I have a hundred millions rounds of every kind of ammo, enough armor and weapons to arm a small nation.
To bad just giving them all of that isn't a possible solution to the quest though. All I would ask for is a free drinks in the bar, no need to pay me.
>>
>>323533025
the only thing you get is disgusting mushroom brew that gives you nausea even before the hangover. Underrail's not a good place to get shitfaced.

Enjoy the meds instead.
>>
>>323533236
but I want the disgusting mushroom brew
or more specifically, the bottles
so I can make more molotovs

I buy out the brew and drink it all in every bar I go, for the bottles
It must look really weird seeing this guy just drinking brew like a madmen and then putting the bottles in his bag
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>323533236
>Underrail's not a good place to get shitfaced.
>not getting high on motion
>>
>>323533483
dude weed meow
>>
File: Thoughts.png (2 MB, 1268x1434) Image search: [Google]
Thoughts.png
2 MB, 1268x1434
>>323533236
>not a good place
>>
>>323533920
Anyone who thinks getting in motion is "weed" has probably never, ever, smoked weed in their lives.

Motion is much closer to something like PCP, or Acid
>>
How do I restealth in combat? I've tried flasbanging mofos, getting out of their sight and then restealth but then they still can see me afterwards.
>>
Does the game ever explain who Ezra really is? The guy in old junkyard has me intrigued.
>>
>>323535949
Old Biocorp technician that was one of the original scientists on the muties project. He's an original mutant, and he gave the guy the special canisters because he was fairly clever, for the enhanced mutation that Ezra has.

He's part of the old Biocorp remnants, and is mentioned in multiple documents you find.
>>
>>323534785
It's a play on words from dude week lmao you dink

because the guy

says

meow

they're using a fucking shisha anyway, its probably some kind of future herb
>>
>>323536080
So basically nothing more than what I figured out from that guy's conversation. ok
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00004.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00004.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>subtly acknowledging your arena history
fuck
yes
>>
>>323535573
run away, you basically have to break combat
>>
>>323535573
Anything that causes incapacitation is supposed to work according to the in game text but doing it via grenade doesn't sometimes for some people. Are you sure the flashbang did incap them and nothing else can see you?
>>
>>323536517
>await badass title from arena crowd after defeating some challenger

CRIPPLINA!
CRIPPLINA!

>mfw
>>
>>323537158
>cripplina

you're got to be fucking joking
>>
>>323537158
Me too, and i was fucking confused because i set everything on fire.

Its based on what abilities you use, try reloading the save and beating them a different way and you'll get a new title
>>
>>323537158
Sand man reporting in
>>
>>323537410
that's because you put the audience to sleep anon
>>
File: A nu chiki-briki i v damki!.png (415 KB, 1022x766) Image search: [Google]
A nu chiki-briki i v damki!.png
415 KB, 1022x766
Who /paralyzer/
>>
>>323537860

That's just Cripplina but for boys
>>
>>323537460
Better double check under the bed before you tuck in tonight, because its gonna be me throwing sand in your eyes
>>
Why the fuck are people namefagging now
>>
>>323538097

evolving into a general thread

soon will come the waifus and pornography
>>
>>323537930
>being a man is as good as it is in real life
Thank you Styg.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156 KB, 1280x960
>>323537158
Best stay inside, because THE WEATHERMAN is forecasting heavy hail with a strong chance of DEATH

>>323538097
i dont know but i really wish they'd stop or we actually will have to make a fucking general
>>
>>323538097
I don't see the problem with it.
>>
>>323537991

Some of the Nicknames are awesome.

Weatherman (Eelectricity)
Dakka Dakka (Smg Burst)
Goddess of Sleep (Incapacitate)
Firestarter (Guess)
MR.Freeze (Guess)
Lead Fury (Rifle)
Psycho (Enrage Psi)
Bolt Thrower (Guess)
Bombastic (Guess)
Apparition (Stealth)
Super Bomberman (Guess)
Specs Bomber (Acid/Fire/Cold traps/ nades)
Ballista (Guess)
Disintigrax (Elec Pistol)
Liquidator (Acid Pistol)
Spine Splitter (Guess)
Brutalette (hard hits)
Hellfire (Burning the Enemy)
Paralyzer (Guess)
Cripplina (LAME)
Savage Mangler (Throwing Knives)
The Immortal (unknown)

>>323538285
>>323538158
>>323538097

I only namefag when it's me responding, or giving advice about psi abilities anons.
>>
File: discarded.jpg (146 KB, 971x817) Image search: [Google]
discarded.jpg
146 KB, 971x817
>>323538457
Fuck. Someone is using my name to lead into shitposting. Okay, I'm stopping guys. Assume all posts by this name are shitposts now. I'm completely done with it.
>>
File: Psi Feat rundown v1.0.jpg (3 MB, 2460x2120) Image search: [Google]
Psi Feat rundown v1.0.jpg
3 MB, 2460x2120
Alright anons, what are the opinions on this.
>>
Are there any repercussions for killing Bob for the core city docks quest?
>>
>>323538705
None so far. Hours and hours past having killed bob and stealthed the warehouse.
>>
>>323538667
You NEED to add a note on the psi headband feat that it is extremely useful for psychosis builds since you wont have the +25 from tranquility path, and the additional mana lets you burn bright for longer before you need to psi booster. Beyond that 9/10 its ok. Probably one of the better infographics about psi we've had, it can replace the shitty old text one we had that only adressed tranquility builds.
>>
>>323538667
>shit talking Cryokinesis
It's kept too many melee users out of range for me to discard it speaking as a Tranquility user.

You should probably look for opinions when more people are awake.
>>
>That mission where you need to defend that coretech warehouse from a siege

dope
as
fuck
>>
File: 1396190902555.jpg (42 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
1396190902555.jpg
42 KB, 285x300
>>323541328
>doing it as a full psi with points in grenades
>gas grenade
>locus of control mass enrage
>force wall
>mfw looking at how gangsters are just murdering each other while being debuffed by contamination
>>
File: 2016-01-11_00005.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_00005.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
Just found a doctors belt, can some one double check if this is a static item or what I just lucky to find this? It's inside the house of a dude dressed as a doctor, so, you know. It's generally considered to be one of the better belts for psionics because lol 2AP for psi booster.

It's in the underpass that is accessed just outside the house buying place in Core City.
>>
Just make a fucking general you goddamn assholes.
You've got threads going on constantly on /v/. It is literally the definition of general and why /vg/ was created.
Piss off.
>>
>>323542930
I'm afraid i looted all those rooms and don't remember finding a doctor's belt anon, i can check again maybe i missed it.

>>323543078
Mods on /vg/ delete underrail threads, nobody knows why.
>>
>>323543119
>Mods on /vg/ delete underrail threads, nobody knows why.
Last one I saw died due to inactivity with only around 10 unique ips.
>>
>>323543119
Then make some kind of crpg general or something?
>>
>>323543078
We'll move if the mods start deleting the threads. Until that happens i'm taking it as either they don't know we exist or they don't give a fuck.

Discussion on any topic is always worse on /vg/, its a horrible board that encourages a weird clique closed community, and with the very small fanbase underrail has on 4chan the generals would never hit post cap.

Hence, why we are here. Just filter the fuckin thread.
>>
>Tchort questline
>Tremors
>Faceless invading, Faceless i rescued in core city tells me to run
>Head guy tells me to follow him to the elevator
>"No <playername> you must die honorable death for our cult against the faceless
>Playing friendly with both faceless and tchort
>Stand in stealth by the elevator whistling as combat rages around me, go into elevator and fuck those faggots as i leave without attacking a soul
>>
>>323543078
this is a new game you faggot

whenever a new game gets released it gets posted on v

when fallout 4 was released the front page was full of fucking fallout 4 threads with no end in fucking sight, same way tv was fall of Star Shit and interracial threads when star wars was released

at least we keep our shit contained to 1 thread
>>
>>323545131
I honestly never understood the difference between the two considering I browse 4chin mostly for fallout/stalker/underrail threads. Is /vg/ basically about a specific game and all of its content and /v/ just video-game related discussion?
>>
>>323546092
VG is just "Video generals" it's pretty much the exact opposite of /v/. Where on /v/ circlejerking is more or less killed off instantly, on /vg/ you can circlejerk and stroke one another off over playing a game all week.

When a game hits /vg/ ,it's mostly old news.
>>
>>323546092
Generals are constant threads for a cetain video game. As soon as the thread dies, a new one is almost immediately remade. They generally have the same people posting in them over and over again. Generally speaking generals are dire places, the people in them have been playing the same game for years and are bored of it, most of the posting is shitposting or avatar fagging, name fagging etc. It's truly an awful place but its also the only place you can get consistent discussion on games you like, even if its mostly garbage discussion. I frequent like 6 of them.
>>
File: HNNNGGGG.jpg (39 KB, 364x90) Image search: [Google]
HNNNGGGG.jpg
39 KB, 364x90
HOLY SHIT GUYS, THIS IS THE COOLEST FUCKING THING
>>
>>323548378
>walls have only 1000 threshold
Huh, I don't need to carry TNT anymore then, my Spearhead will be enough.
>>
>>323548378
my oh myyyy

Also how is your shit hitting so hard, are you max level?
>>
>>323548507
Fallen rocks have 3000 threshhold though, i'm pretty sure. So you'll probably still need that TNT unless you can hit for some bloody insane numbers.
>>
File: 5 Ap Missing.jpg (1 MB, 1911x1004) Image search: [Google]
5 Ap Missing.jpg
1 MB, 1911x1004
>>323549165
my highest crit with trance on is 5k, so
>>
>>323549396
I heard the highest digit crits come from proper pistol builds. Been trying it out with steadfast aim, critical power and execute. Doesn't go over 400 in crit so far, but it outdamages my sniper's aimed shots.

I have big expectations
>>
I melted down 6000 stygian coins and sold the resulting super steel plates for 193 coins. Random quality is a bitch. At least the third one turned out ok at 154 quality.
>>
>>323549396

nevermind i've found my actual fucking weakness, holy shit what the hell is wrong with these things.

>>323549730
without exploiting the shit out of some broken mechanics i think sniper hits hardest, psi only works out if you literally pump all your stats into crit multiplier
>>
>>323514697
it must be in third from the top
one with many shelves

btw regarding that quest

i took the package but when talking with gorsky i asked for other quest(the tunneler one) and now noone will ask me for the shield package

did i forfeit the quest
>>
>>323526596
Wrong place, buddy.
>>
>>323536293
You'll hear a little more about the projects he worked on, but otherwise yep.

Like two third of SGS used to be Biocorp though. It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: rocks too.jpg (154 KB, 454x290) Image search: [Google]
rocks too.jpg
154 KB, 454x290
>>323549165
these rocks dont
>>
>>323550784
...huh.

I could've sworn I see 3000 mechanical resistance on fallen rocks when I TNT

Shit, maybe I'm thinking of fire resistance.
>>
>>323549730
>doesn't go over 400
>outdamages sniper Aimed Shot
Snipers can go up to 3000+, 1000+ reliably.

Plasma pistols have the highest damage posible, not the firearms. Since they have 125% base crit damage, with top tier amplifier it can go up to 200+, and with the Sharpshooter, Practical physicist and Critical power you can end up with 600-700% crit damage.

Then just get lucky with crit execute.
>>
File: How to handle fast respawns.jpg (3 MB, 1921x1059) Image search: [Google]
How to handle fast respawns.jpg
3 MB, 1921x1059
>>323551156
the only things i can hit that hard with are neural overload and tk punch. Everything else hits for baby numbers.

i can set everything on fire i guess, since the quickfire bug is just permanently active on my game and im not sure how to fix it. I guess reload to a save before i killed tanner or something.

Maybe i could manage a 600-700 damage cryo crit tops though.
>>
>one of the fishes for the fishing quest can only be found in the deep caverns
Damn that old fuck was not kidding when he said he was the most hardcore fisherman in Underrail.
>>
>>323551650
THE SECRET ISN'T WORTH IT ANON
>>
>>323549876
If I see another snail again it will be too soon.
Those fuckers just eat ammo, its rediculous.
>>
>>323551650
He said all the respected fisherman did the tour.

How are those people so poor if they fish in fucking Deep Caverns like it's nothing.
>>
>>323549876
>tfw can one shot them like everything else as a Sniper
You might have the biggest overkill, but I'm more reliable
>>
>>323551713
It sure isn't. At that point you don't even need those fucking drugs anymore. What the hell is the point then?
>>
>>323551728
If Oculus doesn't have a file on the highest classified level about the exploits of the fishermen of Underrail, I'm going to be disappointed. Maybe I should ask them for funding and make this my research project.
>>
>>323509535
Like >>323530747 said, Tab not only reveal objects but allows you to click them even behind while. Useful if you want to attack enemies too.
>>
>>323536517
Nah man, he said that to me when I didn't even start the arena.
>>
>>323537158
I got Apparition as a sneaky sniper using flashbang.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.