[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing DotA 2 for the first time, is there anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: dota-2-official.jpg (124 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-official.jpg
124 KB, 1191x670
I'm playing DotA 2 for the first time, is there anything I should know? How is the community? Should I train with bots first?
>>
Do the whole tutorial first, even if you've played other assfaggots before. Dota handles, feels, and flows a lot differently than all the LoL-styled ones (which is all of them except for HoN).

Take a look at Purge's "welcome to dota, you suck" guide too.
Some good starting heroes are viper, lich, sven, and sniper
>>
Play the tutorial. Then play bots on easy. Then play bots on easy with real team mates.

After you find a comfortable character go to All Pick.

There will be shitters. You will be told you suck. Just take what they say and learn from it. Also go to the spectator options and watch the 6k mmr people play. It'll be overwhelming at first, learning the heroes, abilities, items, counters, mechanics, etc. But you'll come to enjoy it after a while.

By the way, carrying is much easier than support. Learn the basic mechanics. Try some carry heroes. When you are comfortable with that try support, mid, etc. The best way to learn is to play every role and every hero

Stay the hell away from meepo, oracle, Visage, lone druid.

Try to play as viper, warlock, silencer, sniper, slatk
>>
File: 1452263681931.gif (421 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1452263681931.gif
421 KB, 240x150
Not OP, but is Luna good? I did the guided tutorials with Luna, Sven and Lina but I really liked playing Luna
>>
File: first time playing a moba.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
first time playing a moba.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>323499209
>>
>>323502527
>moba
>>
>>323501468
luna can be pretty dope and can be easy to play especially if your supports are at least half competent but she's among the harder carrys to play effectively i think.

you gotta git gud with helm of the dominator ancient camp stacking
>>
>>323499209
Are you fresh to the genre? If you are then you should research the meta game before playing a real game. At least get an idea of what is going on so you don't get called out. The community is shit and very aggressive, but it uses a MMR system so despite people shit-talking, they are probably just as a bad as you since they were matched with you. You shouldn't play more than a few games with bots, they don't represent how the real game will play out.
>>
>>323503006
It doesn't help for a ranged carry, Luna's range is total dogshit.
>>
>>323499209
ask /d2g/. they will be glad to help you.

/v/ hates mobas.
>>
>>323503379
what doesn't help for a ranged carry? HOTD?

i guess i kinda see what you mean, but the lifesteal for quick jungle farming and the ability to massively stack ancient camps until you can max moon glaive make it worth it for me.

i can see there being more situations where it's probably better to rush bkb, though. i'll think about it more.

i dont follow what's new in the meta so i dont know what the big guys are building on luna nowadays. my most recent game i rushed aghs after HOTD because of the buff it got and that was fun.
>>
>>323503951
I meant for difficulty, her low range makes her difficult because enemy supports will just zone you out.
>>
>>323503990
oh...maybe. you're probably right.

i dont remember at all what it was like starting off though. first time i played her was in Jan 2013 and the second time i played her was in Dec 2014. I played a lot of Mirana in that time.
>>
>>323504412
>I played a lot of Mirana in that time.
between those times, i mean
>>
>>323499209
You're gonna have some rough games. Relax and try to have fun. DotA is really rewarding as long as you don't treat it as anything more than a game
>>
>>323503498
/v/ tends to like dota, it's LoL, Smite, etc that /v/ universally hates for the most part
>>
>>323505308
i guess it depends on the time of day. normally i see these threads filled with people talking shit about moba games the moment it's even hinted at.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.