[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KOTOR 1 vs KOTOR 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: kotor.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
kotor.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
Which one do you consider the better game? Did Bioware do a better job, or did Obsidian?

Consider all aspects and post your conclusion.

I vote for Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, of course. Better atmosphere and writing than the first.
>>
>>
>>323482771
Why?
>>
>>323482507
they're both good games
2 is better but 1 has it's moments
>>
1 has Bastila's skintight outfit, but that's about it, 2 with restored content beats it in pretty much everything else. I still love 1 out of nostalgia
>>
>>323482507
It's finished, has better twist, better HK47, better detective quest, better waifu and better main guy. Also removing the force and being between good and bad side doesn't make sense in SW universe.
>>
>>323483401
Because even if I think 2 has a more interesting plot and characters there was just something about it that never pulled me in. The planets in 1 felt more alive and while that wouldn't go well with the themes in 2 I couldn't help but think that hampered some of my enjoyment. Overall the soundtrack in 1 stood out to me more even if the theme for the rebuilt jedi enclave is really great.

I would prefer 2 if the ending didn't disappoint me and feel like Obsidian noticed they had a deadline to meet and just ended the game. The buildup with Nihilus resulted in an extremely mediocre encounter where he poses no threat since you're his only weakness. Malak would try to fuck with you a few times over the course of the game and I felt that led up to a more satisfying conclusion than anything on Malachor.

Also going about your decisions the way Kreia encourages you to will lead to you fighting the jedi masters and Kreia's whole speech about how you disappointed her even though she agreed with you when you did things like leave Vrook in his cage.
>>
>>323484582
main bad guy*
>>
Kotor II

When first released I could understand why people prefer 1, but with the restored content mod you must be a pretty boring person to think 1 is more interesting.
>>
Kotor 1 had the better MC and twist, but 2 has the better companions and plot.
>>
>>323484658
>The planets in 1 felt more alive
agree

>the soundtrack in 1 stood out to me more
same

>I would prefer 2 if the ending didn't disappoint me and feel like Obsidian noticed they had a deadline to meet and just ended the game.
there's the restoration patch but I get what you're saying. First time I finished it I didn't know what the hell had just happened because I didn't have it.

>The buildup with Nihilus resulted in an extremely mediocre encounter where he poses no threat since you're his only weakness.

Yeah, I kind of wish they spent as much time building his character as they did with sion. He was in serious need of a voice actor that didn't just speak in garbled whispers

>Malak would try to fuck with you a few times over the course of the game
I didn't like this... or at least how he went about it. Sends a bounty hunter that you're group has already defeated once rather than dispatching his apprentice bandon who, in my opinion, could've been a cool character if he had more than 3 appearances in the game (endar spire, malak dispatching him, you killing him)

>Also going about your decisions the way Kreia encourages you to will lead to you fighting the jedi masters and Kreia's whole speech about how you disappointed her even though she agreed with you when you did things like leave Vrook in his cage.

Because you weren't thinking for yourself if you just did everything she told you to do, I guess? She wanted you to be better than her, not the same as her.
>>
The writing in the first one is cringe worthy
>"You will never beat the light side Malak!"

Come the fuck on niggas, I know its Star Wars, but make an effort.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.