[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Video-Gamey" games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1251794-darksiderslogo.jpg (388 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1251794-darksiderslogo.jpg
388 KB, 1024x768
Post games that aren't ashamed to be video games. Minimal QTEs, story that isn't up it's own ass, bossfights, good combat mechanics/shooting, and just fun!

They don't have to be 10/10 brilliant, but games that feel sort of traditional and have a decent amount of gameplay are welcome. A decent story is fine too, just not one that takes over and ruins player choice and removes bossfights.
>>
>>323481052
I still can't get past the beginning of Mushihimesama's third stage. How can I get good?
>>
>>323482018
Specify your problem.
>>
>>323482348
Fast bullets. Any pattern with fast bullets destroys me
>>
>>323482525
I'm afraid the only solution is to gitgud.

No seriously, just center your vision on and around your hitbox, but try to peek up to see incoming shots with enough time. Also, look ahead to where you're moving so you don't end up trapping yourself, and if you do then bomb.
>>
>>323482807
Isn't centering on your hitbox only good for many slow bullets? Not that guy but I cleared MHS and I generally watched the whole screen (and especially the bullets) because when fast bullets are near your hitbox it's already too late to dodge them.
>>
>>323481052
I hated how Darksiders 2 added all these bullshit RPG elements. I enjoy leveling up but in a game like this I don't want be sorting through 50 different codpieces. Ruined the immersion and fucked up how the combat is supposed to be fast paced.
>>
>>323481052
Bulletstorm was the gameiest game I've played in years. And I loved it. Marketing it so heavily on getting points made me avoid it for a long time thinking it would be a shitty lightgun type game.
>>
>>323483253
Adding loot like that was retarded. It just annoyed me the entire time.
>>
>>323483039
Well yes, I guess I didn't word it correctly, but what I meant is watch more or less the whole screen but pay special care to your hitbox. If you don't constantly keep an eye on it then it's probable you'll screw up an easy dodge or fly into a stray bullet, unless your peripheral vision is godlike.
>>
>>323483521
>>323483253

Agreed. They should have made it like DMC where you gain like 5 or 6 actually unique sub weapons over the course of the game.

All the shit about pauldrons and boots should have been massively slimmed down, although I do sort of like how much it lets you customized your character. I think the game would have been boring without that element of growth, but it definitely felt a bit tedious. Same with all loot-based RPGs though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.