[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's believable that a woman can be the hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: 1433931379607.jpg (120 KB, 622x1000) Image search: [Google]
1433931379607.jpg
120 KB, 622x1000
Do you think it's believable that a woman can be the hero in a fantasy video game? What about in a post-apocalyptic game? Or Science Fiction?
>>
>>323478342
hell yeah man my female rogue in divinity os kicked ass her name was seductra
>>
-4 str
>>
>>323478489
>implying
im not saying shit like this is super common, but you can't act like it doesn't exist
>>
File: 1451992979723.jpg (31 KB, 697x480) Image search: [Google]
1451992979723.jpg
31 KB, 697x480
they can, but if you center all his character on lol I'm a woman
instead of what she can do.

You end with a shit character.
>>
>>323478742
that wasn't OP's point?
>>
>>323478342
Yes, but she needs to undergo trials and losses to achieve the ultimate victory. Otherwise, you get Mary Rey from Star Wars: The Cucks Awaken.
>>
>>323478342
>All women do is bitch and scream
>Can't be mature about anything or be realistic
>They'll say one thing and the next day change their mind, rinse repeat over, and over again.
>End up dead saving no on but themselves because selfish, and naive. Can't be a hero.

Real life advice boys. Real life advice.
>>
>>323478342
>Do you think it's believable that...
>in a FANTASY video game?
yes
>>
>>323479247
well then what should be the place of women in your mind?

>>323479425
what about post-apocalyptic? I've heard some folks from /k/ say that the entire premise of women being raiders or soldiers in New Vegas is too far-fetched, even with guns being used as equalizers
>>
>>323478862
>I'm going to add cuck for no reason to make it into a joke!
>Truly I am a master of comedy!
I mean, I agree with you completely, but you are a massive faggot and should fuck off.
>>
>>323478732
their arms are above their heads, id like to see you do that while walking
>>
>>323478342
>fantasy
yes
>post apocalyptic
no
>science fiction
yes. depends on the setting though.
>>
Yes, absolutely.

The thing about heroes is they aren't supposed to be normal. They're the outliers, the people you are supposed to look up to and aspire to be.

The average woman may not be stronger than the average man, but that doesn't mean no woman can be a hero.

Especially if it's fantasy.
>>
>>323479916
>>post apocalyptic
>no

why not?
>>
>>323478342
>fantasy
Maybe, wizzads n' shit
>Post apo-
NO
>science anything
No
>>
>>323479916
this should be good. why no in post apocalyptic?
>>
>>323478342
Yeah?

Obviously. I mean... There are countless examples of this already existing. Why even ask this question or make this thread?
>>
>>323479526
Don't listen to /k/.
>>
>>323479947
or sci-fi. Any lack of strength can be explained away with advanced technology or some sort of altered physiology
>>
>>323480050
because post apocalyptic settings typically have some semblance of realism to them unlike scifi and fantasy.
>>
Women being heroes in fantasy is only unbelievable when they are Mary Sue ''I AM A STRONG WYMYN!!!!'' feminist fantasy.
>>
>>323480182

Women, no matter what they say, are weaker at least physically, sure there are some that could beat the shit out of me if they tried and if I wasn't enraged and driven by testosterone, which is what would happen if I was losing a fight.

Men are born to be tough, and like women there are some born different. But the majority is a mass of muscle ready to punch anyone in the face.

So, put the toughest woman against a man with a slight survival instinct in a fight to death, the man would surely win.
>>
>>323480182
>>323480050

>year 2020
>world has been blown to shit by Russian nukes missing their target, Middle ShitStani East
>You are a lone women survivor
>"OMG IM LYKE...THE ONLY ONE LEFT...I NNED TO LYKE...TWEET THIS...OMG"
>Giant mutant bursts through your shack made of twigs and leaves because women logic
>Aim gun, fire, the recoil to stronk for women hands, gun flies and hits your head. K.O
>Game Over
>>
>>323479247
Have you ever met a woman or like just what the tel tells you they are?
>>
>>323480889
>implying women actually think like this
have you ever talked to a girl or do you just stay in your room all day?
>>
>>323480550
Yes women aren't as strong as men, why does the automatically eliminate them from being a hero in a semi-realistic setting? A woman with a gun couldn't be a hero in a zombie game?
>>
File: 1436631708942.jpg (186 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1436631708942.jpg
186 KB, 620x400
>>323478342
>it's believable
>video game
>>
>>323480182
because sexual dimorphism

post apocalyptic settings usually have conditions where the ways of the world have reverted back to brute force.
>>
>>323481186

What about cunning and wit? Not saying that women are any better at those, but that would play a part too. Women may be disadvantaged but that doesn't mean some wouldn't manage better.
>>
>>323480859
who said every single person is a pugilist in this post apocalyptic world? also I have no idea what you think biology is but "raging on testosterone" isn't like some kind of Orc Berserker racial ability or some shit.
>>
>>323481009
>>323481012
SJW faggots detected
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgk0Hv-eTc
>>
File: 1386566610896.png (271 KB, 800x579) Image search: [Google]
1386566610896.png
271 KB, 800x579
>>323481186
>>323481480
>apparently guns and crossbows don't exist in the apocalypse

>>323481560
>a woman could probably shoot a guy and most women 18-30 are fairly rational in emergency situations
>WOW SJW SHILL GET REKT LOL TOP KEK
>>
>>323481480

Huh? We are talking about a HERO in a post apocalyptic setting, where the only way to be recognized is measuring dicks with the biggest dick in the place.

What would she do if she had to fight against the final boss? He wouldn't settle for a talk.

Also, I think you are one of those "men" I was talking about, that's why you don't know what kicks you when you are about to die.
>>
>>323479683
get a load of this fucking cuck
>>
>>323481560
remember when radical Christians were our greatest video game enemy. now they've turned on the evil SJW menace and we pretend we always loved them and their ways.
>>
>>323481450
If we're talking about a post-post-apocalyptic like Fallout 2 where civilization has somewhat started to rebuild, then yes, I could see it. Women thrive in civilized environments where they can be privileged enough to have control of others, I can't see them having control of anything in an environment that involves combat, and no brutish idiot band of bandits is going to respect a woman or band of women and will either just kill them or take them.

From that point, manipulation could come into play or whatever, and I suppose it could work in that way.

>>323481856
a lot more than just marksmanship goes into combat m8.
>>
>Do you think it's believable that...
>Video games

Yes.
>>
>>323481885
the final boss in New Vegas (a post apocalyptic game) settles for a talk
>>
>>323481856
>White knight faggot
>"women lo-love me wh-when i stick up for them
This is why you're always friend zoned bud.
>>
>>323479247
This, 100% true
>>
>>323482012

You have to punch your way through to get there, so no.

Women are not men, that's why they stayed at home and men went hunting.
>>
>>323482150
but he hasn't said anything that's false. he's hardly putting women on a pedestal he's giving them a fair argument. oh who am I fucking kidding, where do I think I am
>>
>>323478342

i think it could happen, but the problem is the wests idea of what makes a good female character is idiotic, making them some of the most god awful protagonists ever. they are hardly ever likable.
>>
>>323479683
Kill yourself, cuck
>>
>>323482234
you can shoot your way to get there. are you honestly trying to say there has never been a successful woman marksman
>>
>>323482462

That's a videogame, real life is different, stop being stupid and accept the fact that women can't be better at everything, grow a pair.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
>>
File: 1407697295410.png (142 KB, 374x386) Image search: [Google]
1407697295410.png
142 KB, 374x386
>>323478342
>played Bloodborne with a female hunter
>played Dark Souls 1 & 2 with a female undead
>played MGR as Raiden
>>
>>323481885
>the pc has to be the most important and powerful person in the entire world, they have to be famous.
>you can't shoot the finalboss with a gun.
>>
>>323482421
this. women can be great protagonists if done right, problem is no one knows how to do them right and seem to think that just taking a generic male archetype and adding a vagina to it makes it a good example of a female character. hardasses don't work with female characters in fiction, they're just not likable or respectable, they make you roll your eyes. but that's okay though, hardasses aren't the only character archetype out there, they should try other things out.
>>
Don't forget to screencap the posts in this thread and post them on your tumblr!
>>
>>323478342
In a fantasy setting? Unless she is a magic oriented character, then no. Is a fact females are physically weaker than males so the idea than a woman can swing a longsword like if it was made of cardboard while wearing a fullbody armor is just laughable

If is science fiction then i see no problem
>>
GG was literally the worst thing to happen to this board.
>>
>>323478342
To be real though, I don't think a woman makes a realistic or likely hero in anything but fantasy. In fantasy a woman would fit right in - an unlikely hero rises above her ranks and etc, etc - but in other genres, it just doesn't seem very likely based on anecdotal and some scientific evidence.
Women cry, they get scared, they ask men to do it. It's certainly true that there are brave and tough and masculine women out there, but to be a hero you need to be the best of the best. I've simply never met a woman who's more cold and rational and calculating and strong as a man with the same qualities. Fo real do
>>
>>323480550
When you're in a survival situation you're going to need all the help you can get and everyone has to carry their weight. You wouldn't let women hang back and be useless just because they're statistically suboptimal, because you have no other option. Having an all-male fighting force is actually a luxury of civilisation you wouldn't be able to afford in a post-apocalyptic world.
>>
File: 1449336837376.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449336837376.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>323483572
>women are more emotional
>most bullshit powers in all of fiction depend strictly on emotion
>>
>>323483169
It was a good thing, without it this sub wouldn't have awakened to all that SJW subterfuge.
>>
>>323480889
I'd play that.
>Fantasy game
>Instead of being a chosen hero or a farmboy you're a total wuss.
>still end up saving the world and gitting strong
>>
File: k.png (704 KB, 899x708) Image search: [Google]
k.png
704 KB, 899x708
Yes, I think they can exist but when they do it's mostly tomboys or complete fantasy where even a kid could be a hero.

Motoko Kusanagi is one example of a female strong character I enjoy a lot. Female heros tend to do better the more futuristic the setting is because they're not reliant on brute physical strength but weapons, machines and their intelligence.
>>
>>323483169
>>323484009

GG was an exercise in autism.

I've worked in game journalism for 7+ years and GG initially raised some valid concerns about the state of that industry.

Then it got drowned out by all the "fuck all women and SJW" garbage, and thus, all of the good that could have come out of it was lost.
>>
>>323478342
I would love a Zelda game where you play as Zelda and progress using magic abilities and stealth rather than sword&shield

I do NOT want a Zelda game where Link is female or is just Zelda taking on Link's role and abilities. Maybe even Ocarina of Tme entirely from Zelda's perspective could be cool. After all, we don't know what she was doing while Link was in the Deku Tree, or before it called to him in the first place. She already knew what was going on before Link arrived.

So I think it would be fairly easy to do an entire game as Zelda/Shiek.
>>
File: 1397238477924.png (622 KB, 1352x1500) Image search: [Google]
1397238477924.png
622 KB, 1352x1500
>>323478342
Yeah, absolutely. In fact we already have female characters like that, and some of them are really good.

The problem is there's way too many people who make a big deal out of their sex and not their character. If a gamer or journalist does this, it's merely annoying, but if a developer makes a big deal out of this, it ironically signifies that there's little thought put into her besides "she's a girl and she's the main character."
These same people are often ignorant of the slew of existing female protagonists.
>>
>>323478342

We could look at real world examples of societal collapse or endangerment. Like the kurdish female fighting force.
>>
>>323484734
GG merely latched onto pre-existing complaints to try to lend their bullshit some legitimacy. No good would have ever come out of /v/.
>>
I dont understand how anyone can have a problem with this, unless the game is trying to be extreemly realistic than a fictional women could punch her way through an army for all it matters, come on your playing vodeogames here the fact that a single guy can do all this shit is only like 1 percent more belivable.
>>
>>323484734
>Then it got drowned out by all the "fuck all women and SJW" garbage
that's what their opponents love to bring up when they are confronted by GG with the real issues though. you basically just bought into their shenanigans.
>>
>>323484756
I was thinking of a interquel to OoT with the plot being that twinrova found out about link's slumber and is hatching a plan to find how to acess the sages place and kill him so ganondorf won't have any trouble.
>>
>>323485589
The real issues had been brought up way before gamergate and will still be brought up by people who are not gamergate. All gamergate was was a shitshow about Zoe Quinn that somehow couldn't stop finding more women to throw tantrums about. It can't lay claim to the "real issues" and anyone actually concerned with the real issues would do well to stay far away from them.
>>
>>323482903
In what world is a fantasy setting allowed less bullshit? The premise of science fiction is that it has to atleast attempt to explain, in fantasy she could just be born strong.
>>
>>323485307
>>323485589
I bought in to their shenanigans?

I have a first hand account of the flaws of the industry. I have nothing to buy into. It's the masses as large that have the ability to demand changes, and yet everyone got distracted.

>Kotaku literally posted articles, written by people that would directly accused of misusing their position for personal gain, that can be summed up: "People say that we're unethical, but we say we're not. Which means we're not and they're sexist bigots".

Those articles got hundreds of thousands of views.

Just know that you, /v/ could have done something. But you didn't. You failed.
>>
>>323486276
>Kotaku literally posted articles, written by people that would directly accused of misusing their position for personal gain, that can be summed up: "People say that we're unethical, but we say we're not. Which means we're not and they're sexist bigots".
Well you bought into some bullshit alright
>>
>>323485579
And fictional women do, nobody said otherwise. OP is just a fag as usual.
>>
>>323486191
>that somehow couldn't stop finding more women to throw tantrums about
you mean the loud obnoxious women and the faggots who love them, who came out of the woodwork to support their own kind against fabricated 'muh soggy knees' to divert attention from the main problem. just because their opponents say 'they hate all women' doesn't mean you need to buy into it.

>anyone actually concerned with the real issues would do well to stay far away from them
I agree, and good luck. their opponents have done well in shifting the frame of focus.
>>
>>323478342
women can only team up with other women or she'll end up raped and killed.
>>
>>323487297
Sad how you've fully bought into their narrative.
>>
>>323478342
Do you think it's believable that a faggot can be a shitposter on a video game board? What about on a retro video game board?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.