[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread >2D Sonic/the originals are really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14
File: 1361264762101.jpg (109 KB, 998x974) Image search: [Google]
1361264762101.jpg
109 KB, 998x974
Unpopular opinions thread

>2D Sonic/the originals are really fucking boring and slow, 3D sonic especially from unleashed onward are much funner
>xbox was better than ps2
>Nintendo games are incredibly barebones and average, they mostly live off nostalgia from the good old days
>>
>>323476453
Gen 3 had better Pokémon starters than Gen 1.
>>
agree
disagree
disagree

Sonic and Touhou as game series are nothing better than mediocre and have gained cult status due to their exceptional OSTs. The same applies to Undertale.
>>
>>323477102
The Souls games are mediocre at best and don't deserve as much praise as they do
>>
EarthBound >>>>>>> Mother 3
>>
>>323476453
Those aren't unpopular opinions

Those are shit opinions
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8 KB, 255x198
>>323477714
>>
>>323476453
>Nintendo games are incredibly barebones and average, they mostly live off nostalgia from the good old days
The other two I can at least say is preference. But this one is just objectively wrong.
>>
I think that all fallout games are boring
they're probably just not for me but I haven't been able to get into 1, 2, or NV and I don't think that 3 would be any different and 4 looks like a pile of doodoopoopoo
>>
File: 1401681039093.jpg (43 KB, 335x362) Image search: [Google]
1401681039093.jpg
43 KB, 335x362
>>323476453
>>Nintendo games are incredibly barebones and average, they mostly live off nostalgia from the good old days

Can't you read, Anon? They said "Unpopular opinions", not "opinions that are so widespread, /v/ has at least a dozen threads shouting them from the rooftops each and every day".
>>
The Final Fantasy series is trash
>>
Twilight Princess is the best 3D Zelda and Oracle of Seasons is the best 2D Zelda.
>>
>>323477998
I agree. I don't like any of them except theatrhythm but that has barely anything to do with how Final Fantasy games play.
>>
>>323477906
>>323477830
>>323477714
>>323477174
>unpopular opinions thread
>someone says nintendo is mediocre
>the faggots pull their amiibos out their ass and rush to the keyboard to defend them

Can we please just get on with the topic instead of sucking that shitty companys crusty old cock
>>
File: 1451360820184.png (133 KB, 378x247) Image search: [Google]
1451360820184.png
133 KB, 378x247
>I think the sneaking in fallout sucks balls
>>
>>323477860
Have to agree with you anon
>>
>>323478085
I literally said nothing about amiibos, I was talking more about the first two
>>
>>323478085
Exactly it's an unpopular OPINION thread.

Not unpopular 'things that are complete bullshit'.
>>
>>323478101

But that is right, everybody hates that shit
>>
>>323478071
>>323477998
I know it's cool to hate popular things but I completely agree with both of you
>>
>Nintendo first party games always refined and focused
>Games that half ass 20 different things and go for muh cinematic experience give enough small bells and whistles to distract idiots
>but it's the COMPLETE experience!!!
>>
Microsoft should drop out of the console race and focus on developing for PC. In fact, I hope the rest of the western market follows suit because the west knows how to make a good PC game when they actually try, but the games feel dumbed down when forced into console development. Sony can monopolize the console market then for all I care; it wouldn't be discernibly worse than it is now.
>>
>>323478204
Who gives a fuck what you think faggot

Someone can think nintendo games are basic barebones shovelware trash, just like someone can think that for sony or microsoft. Or dare say half life is shit. Its the point of the fucking thread
>>
File: Mario_Party_Island_Tour_boxart.png (162 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Party_Island_Tour_boxart.png
162 KB, 250x250
>>323478505
>>Nintendo first party games always refined and focused
>>
>>323478801
>developed by Nd Cube
>>
Why is /v/ so fucking shit holy fuck

A simple thread turns into a fucking flamewar about Nintendo

MUH NINTENDO BOOGYMAN
You guys are fucking cancer holy shit

>inb4 FUCKING NINTODDLER
>>
>>323476453
>2d sonic
>slower then 3d sonic

There's unpopular opinion and there's straight up lies.
Its fine if you like 3d sonic more but until unleashed daytime stages they were way slower then the classic 2d sonics
>>
>>323477906
>widespread on /v/

You're such a fucking massive retard aren't you? Everyone here, including you are guzzling nintendo's cum. Put a fucking bullet in your head before someone else does. Also homura is a MASSIVE piece of shit bland character.
>>
>>323478654
You can say you don't enjoy Nintendo games and that they had no fun playing them.

or that their mechanics aren't very entertaining.

But saying "they are barebones" is just objectively wrong when none of them are. Idk maybe there is a few but most of them aren't.

Look at OPs other opinions
>2D sonic is boring
alright fair enough he finds them boring a lot of people had fun but you can't really argue he had fun objectively.
>xbox was better
again he probably had more fun with xbox due to its exclusives. I wasn't too big on the PS2 either back then.

Both subjective.

Saying something is barebones is objective.
>>
File: 1450213431211.jpg (23 KB, 404x554) Image search: [Google]
1450213431211.jpg
23 KB, 404x554
>>323479115
That I've ever played a piece of shit nintendo game
>>
>>323478932
Published by Nintendo. Not like I'm hating man, but that game was a disappointment.
>>
>>323478975
Depends on whether you memorise the stages or not.
With 3D Sonic, you can rely on reaction times to get you through most stages first try.
With 2D Sonic, you can bet you'll be bumping into all sorts of shit on the first try, stopping and starting.
>>
>>323478975
No its not. The most praised game in the series, sonic 3 and knuckles, is full of stop and go, stair hopping level design with terrible flow. The faggots whining for physics are crazy, since the level design actually never allowed you to take advantage of them outside of a few slopes and speed pad sections
>>
File: relaxnigga.png (686 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
relaxnigga.png
686 KB, 600x700
>>323479115
>>
>>323479318
Dev team matters, not the publisher.

It's not first party nintendo, it's like a D team subsidiary that's only made shit games.
>>
Triple A western games are shit.
>>
>>323479582
Weeb detected
>>
>>323479454
Just looked them up and saw Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival.

Christ, who's in charge of greenlighting these games?
>>
>>323479178
I have a wii u and the output is terrible. All short forgettable platformers with braindead or no content. To this day it baffles me when people say 3D World is the best mario. I beat that in an afternoon with my brother and we were struggling to stay awake the whole time since it was unbelievable boring. You can only rely on jumping and shitty gimmick powerups to carry a game for so long

If this was 64 or sunshine I would agree but post-wii nintendo shits out nothing but mediocrity. Pre wii i would agree that the statement was wrong but they really just churn out barebones trash now. They dont even include a fucking options menu now, come the fuck on
>>
And before this thread goes too far downhill...

I liked Devil May Cry 2 and would like to see more of the older Dante depicted therein.
>>
>>323479764
same
>>
>>323479115
>Thinking everyone in the thread sucks nintendo's dick
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>323479742
Man while I disagree with your 3D world statements because I think it is one of the best 3d marios due to the perfection of the mario level system, I can't say you are wrong and this IS the thread for you.

You ALMOST had a perfect post in a way, till you said it was barebones.

It has some of the most levels of any 3d mario, SM64 fucking rehashed levels for fuck sake and the hats were gimmicks too.

3D world is not 'barebones'. You didn't enjoy it? Fair enough. You lie about it? Fuck off.
>>
>>323479582

A few are good like Alien Isolation, Mirror's Edge and Dead Space. This is, of course, assuming that we're talking post-2007 here and the number of good games in general slowed down considerably. Prior to that, western games and Japanese games were both worthwhile.
>>
MGS 4 good despite for the European level.

Red Dead Redemption is the best gem of the last generation. Also, not an unpopular opinion, but seriously, it's never coming to PC so shut up.

GTA 4 was good and the driving is the best in the series.

GTA V has the worst driving mechanics. All the cars feel the same and slide all over the place when you so much as think about turning a corner by drifting.

Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario.

Dark Souls is highly overrated.

Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, but the park system is trash. New Vegas is also fantastic and the perk system is perfect, but the wasteland is boring.

Mobile gaming can be fun and certainly isnt killing the industry.

Emulation is not as good as the real thing. Unlocking framerates doesn't make the games better either.

Mass Effect series is awful. Really boring slogs of scripted Gears of War cover based combat and awful writing.
>>
>>323480187
I agree with everything apart from Mass Effect, I personally like the series, even the sub-par 3
>>
>come into Unpopular opinion thread
>complain about unpopular opinion
Nintoddlers are just as bad as Sonyggers.
>>
>unlocking framerates doesnt make games better
lol????????????????

your other opinions are meh and w/e man but this one like what the fuck.

Playing at 60fps is objectively better.
>>
>>323480187
>>323480391

ME1 was great. 2 stripped a lot of the things I liked out of 1 and I never finished it. Haven't even touched 3.
>>
>>323480041
So youre one of those quantity > quality types of guys, fair enough. The main course 8 worlds have very forgettable, short easy shitty levels. It gets a little better after world 8 but everything before it is barebones shit. The only level i remember was one snow level and the mario kart level. Its a piece of fucking shit that has the uncharted syndrome: came out at a time when there was no games and was praised just for being a game finally
>>
>>323480447
OP knew this would happen and PTFO
>>
>>323480514
That's fair, you aren't missing much
>>
How much a game is marketed equals to how much shit it is.
>>
>>323480391
I mean each to his own, but I wanted to kill myself by the end of ME1. I tried to play ME2 and stopped 1 hour in. I don't find them fun is all.

Although I'm not entirely mad about my purchases though. I got all 3 games on PS3 for 5 dollars, so it's whatever.
>>
File: hauh.png (7 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
hauh.png
7 KB, 470x454
Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode was ruined by toady. Game is just "Hey look at this inconsequential bullshit I can do!" Le Dance is so funny! Meanwhile everything else is broken

Rust is terrible, Grindy, MMO bullshit
Chivalry is terrible
Insurgency is terrible
AW:Days of Ruin was my favorite one
>>
File: Cerebella_offical_render.jpg (55 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
Cerebella_offical_render.jpg
55 KB, 500x694
>>323476453
>Memes aside, Borderland games are actually quite decent games and good time wasters even though they are flawed as fuck, each one of them in different way, but overall really good.

>Console of preference + a PC is the best possible combination for people who play games.

>Fighting games are easier than people think they are, It doesn't mean they are easy to play but it ain't that hard people.

>I never buy vanilla versions of games( non goty/complete edtions) of games, because they simply feel imcomplete.

>Skullgirls would be better if it was one character at a time instead of 3 during the same fight/round.
>>
>>323480447
>doesn't know difference between an opinion and a lie

>>323480527
>quantity > quality
no? I will always prefer quality over quantity.

It's one thing to say you found the levels easy, straightforward, boring, slow, whatever.

But the game is not barebones. Which is literally related to quantity.

Why would I say "the game is really fun and amazing!" in response to a barebones criticism when that's a comment in response to its quality.
>>
>>323480456
No its not unless youre autistic.

I play games at 60+ frame rates all the time, but playing Mario Sunshine at 60FPS doesn't make the game feel or play any better.
>>
>>323480964
Then I don't know what to say anon.

Playing a game at 30fps vs playing a game at 60fps feels different to me. If you can't feel it you must be mentally inept. It doesn't change that much of the game but to say its irrelevant is retarded.

Why don't you go play your 10fps games because fps seems to be irrelevant to you.
>>
>>323480734
Yeah, I suppose they're more of an acquired taste
>>
>>323480869
>>doesn't know difference between an opinion and a lie
How could someone be so butt blasted not only by someone saying Nintendo is bad, but also by them recognizing that it's an opinion.
You are literally upset someone has a different opinion.
>>
>>323480869
They are all that, so they might as well not even exist. Everything felt like filler until the bonus levels, which were just rehashes of the first few levels with different objectives or less time but at least they provided SOME semblance of difficulty beyond being a literal walk in the park

Its a pile of shit through and through, sorry if that opinion triggers you
>>
>>323481185
>literally upset someone has a different opinion
Nigga, you sound surprised that this is a thing
>>
>>323481185
???? ops comment about barebones is a literal lie not an opinion.

You can see my comment elsewhere replying to someone saying they didnt have much fun with 3D World and I said that is fine.

If you dislike Nintendo fine.

>>323481334
epic dude you are one turned up nigga.

I said its fine if you disliked the game but you seem to WANT to get butthurt over something.

Your complaint seems to be the game is too slow/easy. Which as I said in my first fucking response to you is FINE.
>>
>Mario Party went to shit starting with 3, not after
>Generations was a bad Sonic game
>the only good Animal Crossing game was the first
>Rayman Origins was better than Rayman Legends
>Persona 3 had better characters and music than Persona 4
>Super Mario Sunshine is an overrated mess of ideas, not taking advantage of FLUDD while diminishing the ways Mario can approach platforming obstacles
>Kirby's Epic Yarn had more creative levels and boss fights than Woolly World
>Okami is an awful Zelda-game thanks to having more hand-holding than Skyward Sword
>Kazooie's smaller, focused worlds were better than Tooie's poor attempt at more exploration
>the SNES DK trilogy doesn't have a single good boss fight
>Monolith Soft should have someone else model their characters
>Nocturne is only hard if you're retarded
>Wario Land should stay dead as nothing will ever top 4
>>
>>323476453
>2D Sonic/the originals are really fucking boring and slow, 3D sonic especially from unleashed onward are much funner
Disgusting
Kill yourself plebian
>>
>>323481546
How is it a lie?
Nintendo games ARE pretty bare bones, especially if we're talking about Mario platformers.
>>
>>323481593

I can't agree on the Mario Party one. I'd honestly say 3, 5, and maybe even 4 are better than the first 2. Hell, I'll toss this unpopular opinion out there - Mario Party 2 is by far the most overrated in the series.
>>
>>323479402
OMFG kill yourself you damn faggot
Never in my life have I seen such shit taste
>>
>>323476453
>>Nintendo games are incredibly barebones and average, they mostly live off nostalgia from the good old days
Nintendo games could have more features than they do but on the whole, Nintendo still makes some of the best games in the industry.

Its Sony who mostly makes mediocre-to-simply-'good' games.
>>
>>323481593

2 is liked because it has a charming narrative and takes / improves / salvages anything good from the first and makes it better, when every mario party after tries to reinvent the wheel with a new gimmick

4 in particular is really bad. 3's ok but the board maps are too convoluted, 3 items is excessive and half the mini games suck
>>
>>323481917
How are they bare bones? The last paltformer they released was 3D World and

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9362

is pretty decent for a game. Longer than Ori and the Blind Forest which is another platformer.

Which Nintendo games are bare bones? Give me names, inb4 shitty 3rd party crap that literally nobody cares about.

Pretty much all the first party content is decently sized. You might say the games are boring, slow, easy, shallow. But barebones are a complaint is wrong.
>>
>>323481546
Im not butthurt over anything except you thinking its impossible to hate nintendo or the wii u mario. Its way to slow and easy which makes 80% of it feel like cheap filler. Who cares if it plays to your nostalgia so well, its a fucking boring experience with terrible level design that has no sense of urgency besides a couple bonus levels
>>
>>323482624
>except you thinking its impossible to hate nintendo or the wii u mario.

are you trolling or retarded? I've said 3 times that is a fine criticism. Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself. Have fun dude.
>>
>>323476453
>funner
please don't do this
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1366x1274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1366x1274
>>323476453
>Half of the areas in Bloodborne were as linear as Dark Souls 2's areas, except Bb had elevators which connected the beginning, middle and end of the level, which was not, in any way, on par with Dark Souls 1's intertwining paths and shorcuts.

I wanted to like Bloodborne, I really did.
>>
>i hate thing that people like
>i like thing that people hate
/thread
Stop making these.
>>
>>323482820
Thanks, ill have fun by never buying a nintendo product again since they just make contentless, full priced trash now.
>>
>>323482468
>http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9362
The length of a game has nothing to do with if it's bare bones or not.
Mario platformers tend to follow the same basic until they decide to shake it up a little (64, Sunshine, Galaxy) but until they shake it up it's always the same shit.
>Which Nintendo games are bare bones?
New Super Mario Bros ___
A Link Between Worlds
Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
Super Mario 3D Land/World
Sm4sh
>>
>>323481593
>Kazooie's smaller, focused worlds were better than Tooie's poor attempt at more exploration
I thought that this is the general opinion in this sub, never seen anyone praising Tooie's level design here.
>>
>The world ends with you is mediocre as fuck. Got 12 hours in and literally nothing fucking happens. Gameplay got old a few hours in.

>okami is shit

>Journey is possibly the most overrated game of all time

>The super Mario galaxy games are incredibly boring.
>>
>>323483262
>nothing to do with if its bare bones
errrrrrrrrrrr? lol?

Yes the platformers are samey. Note: that isn't the same word as bare bones (WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

>A link between worlds
havent played it. seems to just be same as old link games which again, isnt bare bones.

>Spirit Tracks / Hourglass
isnt that game old as hell? idk didnt play either

>SM3DW
wrong. It follows a simple level idea very strictly with several twists on the small ideas. That doesn't make it bare bones. Do you even know what bare bones fucking means?

>Sm4sh
I hate this game and find it shit. But it's not bare bones. It's a 'fighting game / party game' which features over 40 characters or something. Compare that to other fighting games and they have similar content amount.

Learn what bare bones is, PLEASE.
>>
>>323483506
>okami is shit
>joruney over rated

I thought i was the only one, fuck. what do people see in journey?
>>
>>323483262

>The length of a game has nothing to do with if it's bare bones or not.

Amount of content is almost a direct correlation to the concept of being barebones so it kinda does, albeit indirectly. A good example of a barebones Nintendo game is Mario Tennis Ultra Smash or Splatoon at launch, where there's just about no actual content. 3D World may have boiled down to HD 3D Land with cat suits but it still had like 13 worlds or so worth of content. That's not really what I'd call "barebones", even if said worlds take like a 12-15 hours to clear.
>>
File: 1376876085019.png (17 KB, 274x252) Image search: [Google]
1376876085019.png
17 KB, 274x252
>someone thinks they're a special snowflake because they don't like Nintendo games
>there's nothing even remotely special about such an opinion
>get called out for it
>ZOMG NINTENDO DEFENSE FORCE STRIKES AGAIN
>>
>>323483713
>errrrrrrrrrrr? lol?
"reduced to or comprising only the basic or essential elements of something."
You could make a game that's 10 levels repeated for 1,000 hours but it would still be bare bones.
>havent played it. seems to just be same as old link games which again, isnt bare bones.
If you haven't played it how do you know it's not bare bones? It has less shit to collect than the average Zelda.
>wrong. It follows a simple level idea very strictly with several twists on the small ideas. That doesn't make it bare bones. Do you even know what bare bones fucking means?
>simple
Simple as in it follows the basic Mario pattern as in it's bare fucking bones.
>I hate this game and find it shit. But it's not bare bones. It's a 'fighting game / party game' which features over 40 characters or something. Compare that to other fighting games and they have similar content amount.
The fighting itself is simplistic as fuck though.
Meleefags have a point when they say the gameplay is shit.
>>
>>323484391
>someone says Nintendo is bad in an unpopular opinion thread
>a few people say that's not an unpopular opinion
>everyone else flips the fuck out saying he's wrong
>OH MAH GAWD WHY ARE NINTENDO HATERS SO DUMB
I can strawman too, faggot.
>>
>>323484527
You clearly don't know what bare bones is. So i'm going to stop giving you (You)'s.

Btw bare bones ISN'T the same as simple.
>>
>>323476453
>xbox was better than ps2
In a perfect world people like you would be beaten every day.
>>
>>323483790
No idea Bro. I think people were just bored in 2012 because no games.
>>
>>323484889
>I can't argue his points so I'll give up in a way that makes me look like I've won
Whatever, fag.
>>
>swtor pre-f2p was actually a good game
>nostalgia =/= bad
>Ico is overrated
>>
>>323485137
Your points are flawed because you don't have a basic understand of what bare bones is. Minecraft Alpha and beta was bare bones.

That is why I'm not going to argue with you.
>>
While it's a far cry from a return to proper classic survival horror form, I'm impressed that The Evil Within got away with as much as it did design-wise for a Bethesda-published AAA title. It's probably as close to old survival horror as modern games with a budget are gonna realistically get.
>>
>>323485571
And 3D World and Land are Bare Bones for Mario, all they have are the most basic things you'd expect from a Mario game.
Nothing really all that new besides being in 3D without a health bar.

The shit people make in Mario Maker is less bare bones than 3D Land and World
>>
Dark souls 2 was better than the first.

Deus Ex was shit.

Half Life 1 and 2 were both extremely boring.
>>
>>323486028
bait
>>
File: 4163.jpg (19 KB, 347x201) Image search: [Google]
4163.jpg
19 KB, 347x201
Genesisbabby and lifelong Nintenyearold reporting in
>The only really good 2D Sonic games were Sonic CD and S3&K
>SA2's Sonic/Shadow stages are still the best 3D Sonic has to offer, Modern Sonic's "press X to go fast" is shit
>Sunshine plays better than any other 3D Mario. The Galaxy games were fun but not exceptional. 3D World was trash and I dropped it.
>The second half of Twilight Princess is by far the best gameplay 3D Zelda has to offer
>The best Zelda game since ALttP is Minish Cap
>They were overall boring and stylus-only controls are unforgivable but the DS Zelda games had some really cool ideas
>The Wii U has by far the worst library of any Nintendo console and few hundred hours I've put into Splatoon, Bayonetta, HW and the W101 aren't enough to make me stop regretting buying one
>Most fifth-generation/early 3D titles are severely limited by their awkward controls and general poor quality presentation, and receive more praise than they deserve in spite of this
>The Xbox is primarily responsible for turning the industry into the stagnant samey piece of shit it is today
>>
Cs:go is awful and nothing but memorizing where the doors are before you enter areas.
>>
>>323486028

I fundamentally disagree with this because 3D Land was the first time classic Mario gameplay had been translated properly into 3D. 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games are all great in their own right but they don't play like classic Mario titles. 3D Land took the gameplay stylings of the NES/SNES games and utilized them wholesale in a 3D space for the first time, which I would say is actually kind of new. 3D World brought that to consoles and added NSMBWii-style multiplayer so it's less novel but probably still worth doing on their end at least once.
>>
>>323476453

This is not an opinion anon, this is a wrong fact. I think you meant:

>I think Nintendo games feel incredibly barebones and average, they mostly live off nostalgia from the good old days

That's like saying that water is dry and believing that's an opinion.
>>
>>323486271

>The best Zelda game since ALttP is Minish Cap

>Minish Cap
>better than the Oracles

>Most fifth-generation/early 3D titles are severely limited by their awkward controls and general poor quality presentation, and receive more praise than they deserve in spite of this

Gen 5 was very much a "new frontier" sort of ordeal so while time hasn't been kind to many games from that era they do indeed deserve praise for being the building blocks that eventually made gen 6 and the very best of gen 7 so excellent. Games are better now but the foundation deserves some respect, and some of those games were more fundamentally groundbreaking than almost all games in the past 15 years.

>The Xbox is primarily responsible for turning the industry into the stagnant samey piece of shit it is today

It holds its share of blame for sure but the PS1/2, with their immense popularity and multimedia functions, are also at fault in their own way.
>>
I thought Shower With Your Dad Simulator was actually an okay parody game.
>>
>>323486701
>thread is about opinions
>little stupid pussy faggot needs to read i think as a sort of trigger warning so he doesnt get pissed for someone calling nintendo garbage

I suggest suicide
>>
>>323487740
>this buttmad

I think I'm the one that should start putting trigger warnings, jesus crist anon calm down
>>
>>323486701
Only sensitive pussies don't state their opinions as facts.
He already called it an opinion thread, what the fuck do you want?
>>
File: zszs10.png (317 KB, 799x452) Image search: [Google]
zszs10.png
317 KB, 799x452
>>323486271
>Sunshine plays better than any other 3D Mario
>heavy emphasis on the water pack strapped to your back
>many Shine missions rely more on carrying objects to specific locations or spraying water than platforming challenges
>the ones considered the hardest by players involve gimmicks like wonky pachinko physics or steering a boat with water
>vertical levels have Mario clinging to walls or poles more than jumping
>the main platforming segments without F.L.U.D.D. are completely isolated obstacle courses with basic shapes to traverse
>the Rocket and Turbo nozzles, the ones providing the most area coverage, are underutilized
>Mario's controls are TOO tight, making it feel like he has no real weight, especially when doing quick turns or triple jumping
>only 1 world has a bottomless pit in its main area, one only possible to die in if you intentionally leap into the abyss or during the mission where you explore the underground mostly by clinging to grates
>>
>>323487661
Most Gen 5 games were better than 6. Final fantasy became a linear shit fest, bof, suikoden,parasite eve, xenogears, brave fencer, tenchu, parappa, shumps, fighters, parappa, I mean you could go all day and compare but psx titles were better.
>>
>>323480869
>Someone shits on Nintendo
>Nintentoddlers rush to defend it

every time
>>
File: zszsp1.png (335 KB, 799x452) Image search: [Google]
zszsp1.png
335 KB, 799x452
>>323486271
>>323488543
>red coin challenges used twice per world, cutting down on unique level objectives
>one red coin Shine is slapped onto an existing area with little to no changes in the environment
>the other is added to one of the secret areas and you're given F.L.U.D.D.
>24 Sprites are obtained from trading in blue coins instead of actual missions
>recycled bosses, some don't even change their attack patterns
>the game with a tropical island theme has clunkier swimming controls than its predecessor
>island theme results in less impressive world variety and levels cramming in single gimmicks to differentiate themselves
>Yoshi is mostly used as a tool to access levels
>Yoshi is practically a reskinned basic F.L.U.D.D.
>significantly more restrictive world structure, more Shines are locked away behind specific missions
>collecting the 100 coin Shine makes you leave the level
>>
>>323489806
its also way less overall levels than 64, isnt it?
>>
>>323490019
7 in Sunshine, 15 in 64.
Sunshine could have 9 if someone's desperate enough to consider Delfino Airstrip and Corona Mountain as full levels.
>>
>>323490308
Pretty weak.
They shouldnt have rushed it.
>>
Xbox is still shit and is only looked back fondly on because of nostalgia and retroactive Sony hate from PS4 dominance
>>
Genesis is better than snes
>>
>>323491028
Many who liked the PS2 and dislike the PS4 wouldnt go as far as praising the xbox.
>>
>>323491220
<insert something about sega sucking and nintendo is always the best and flawless and other autism>
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.