[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was her will exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
What the fuck was her will exactly?
>>
Why are anime girls so cute????
>>
For the world to be united

Wasn't that obvious
>>
>>323470458
A united world without war.

Naturally the only two people interested in fulfilling her vision were two of the dumbest people on the planet, and thought her dream was "endless war"
>>
>>
To see the world as one again because of how she saw it be torn apart during The Cold War.
>>
>>323470458
She gave her life, not for honor
>>
Nothing.

And that's exactly why it was so brilliant. She herself didn't have a profound or grand vision, but because of her legendary status and importance, everybody thought she did. She's like the bible. A certain set of words saying something, but tons of different interpretations. In the end those interpretations ended up being a lot more important than what inspired them. So what she actually believed in was irreverent.

It's actually pretty clever writing on Kojima's part.
>>
>>323470691
Well Big Boss thought she wanted a world where soldiers weren't used by governments, like she was. Zero was closer to what she really wanted, but did so by creating an illuminati that controlled everything instead of letting it be
>>
>>323470691
ocelot did kill the patriots in the end though
>>
>>323470691
I thought her will was let the world be and let other countries destroy themselves
>>
I have always loved that it's canon the entire MGS saga is about men not being able to figure out what a woman meant.
>>
>>323471032
kek

I never thought about it like that. That's actually pretty good.
>>
>>323470886
that's retarded as fuck
>>
He took MGS2 Solid Snake, made him a woman and that's The Boss and her 'will"
>>
File: Skull-Face-Play-Arts-Kai-5.jpg (84 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Skull-Face-Play-Arts-Kai-5.jpg
84 KB, 1000x1000
>mfw Skullface understood her will more than any other character
>>
>>323471032

You're pretty good.
>>
>>323470458
For friends not to have to fight friends.
>>
>>323470886
I like how this payes of in MGS4 and MGSV.
And after the tapes in MGSV its pretty obvious that Zero and Big Boss knew that they where fighting over nothing but it would already be too late to fix the things.
And MGS4 deepens this massage with Snake and Raiden (if you don't count Rising to be canon), both of them put down their weapons and just lived their life. Also that last fight between Ocelot and Snake at that point it didn't had to happen.
>>
>>323471769
The main theme of all the MGS games, ignoring anything about genes, memes, and scenes, is thAt deep down, war is fucking terrible.

Big Boss plunged the world into eternal war pointlessly.
Big Boss ruins the entire scope of the world for the better part of 50 years, all because he wanted to fight in wars.

Kojima really tried to hammer home that war is pointless.
>>
>>323471769

At the end of the day Big Boss said it best, probably THE one thing I liked the most about his random show up on MGSIV, that its not about changing the world, it's about doing our best to leave the world the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others and believing in your own
>>
>>323471327
Skullface was next in line for the snake eater mission if naked snake hadn't been able to do it.

Also, why?
>>
She didn't have an express utopic vision in MGS3, she was just loyal to the US while simultaneously looking out for Snake. All the forced messianic themes were retconned into her character in Peace Walker.
>>
>>323471769
I think the message always was for the main characters to let go of the cycle of their own game's significance-- that is like their illusory motivations that turn out to be bullshit, often involving a lot of senseless slaughter or sacrifice-- and be at peace. Sort of like Hideo wished to stop making the games, he just wanted Solid or Big Boss or Raiden or Medic to be at peace and be allowed to die or retire. Its like seperating fromt he cycle of reincarnation into a battlefield. The games are a trap that make you attached to meaningless absurdity that sort of makes a cohesive motivation but not really.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.