[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about Manaan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Ahto_City.png (246 KB, 700x325) Image search: [Google]
Ahto_City.png
246 KB, 700x325
What does /v/ think about Manaan?
>>
>>323466894
That slow walking ocean part sucks ass.
>>
>>323466982
I got to it and closed the game because of that. Fuck a lot of Manaans quests.
The court one was especially bs. Only innocent if you don't get info from republic and sith bases? Kashyyk is fun tho
>>
Great music and the underwater part is a bit over exaggerated.
>>
Hated it when I was younger.

I wanted to go back to swinging my lightsabers at sith and all these politics and crime solving came in the way.
Now when I replay I actually kinda like it.
>>
Love it. Underwater bit is a bit of a drag but in a game full of greatness I can handle a few mediocre parts.
>>
Pros: Great aesthetics, aquatic race building a surface city just to participate in the galactic community is cool, want to pet a Selkath's face, swoop racing scene is dope

Cons: Shit legal system, draconian neutrality, big gay sharks, fucking neutral amphibious Swiss cucks
>>
>>323466894
>slow water walking
>click on a door accidentally can't stop running at it

it was a great setting at least and it was fun to swoop race.
>>
>>323467451
>all these politics and crime solving came in the way
Fucking this. Manaan is too much like the prequels.
>>
I loved it. It was the only true OC planet where you got to be civilized and could just explore, and they made it sufficiently unique in culture and aesthetics. Good stuff.
>>
>>323466894

fun minus the slowmo gimpsuit

a bit slow (not much happens on manaan compared to taris)

>>323467156

you can easily lolwin the court case by nabbing the data in the sith lords bedroom, or by saving the manaan corrupted yewts

Is manaan supposed to be japan? A bunch of fish people that dislike foreigners
>>
I think humans should obey the law there.
>>
Thinking about KotOR reminds me just how much Bioware recycled for Mass Effect.
The just took the entire go to four places and find the clues to the final area thing and copy pasted. God damn.
>>
>>323469254
At least carth isn't in mass effect
>>
>>323469539
He is but you can kill him in the first game.
>>
>>323469539
I chuckled, thanks anon.
>>
I really enjoyed it. From the court case, to the underwater sections, and the swoop races. I thought the Selah were pretty cool too design wise.
>>
>>323469254
Yeah, playing KoTOR after playing Mass Effect was just weird.
At least Bastilla wasn't in Mass Effect, though
>>
>>323470343
>implying you didn't want to fuck Bastilla
JUST
>>
>>323470742
She was an annoying, weak-minded cunt.
I'd fuck her, though, I guess.
>>
I always do Manaan first. It can be tough in parts but you get some good items early like the dark master robes. Plus it's good to get the shitty underwater part done with.
>>
>>323471797
Roughly how long is the underwater part anyway? I'm reluctant to do it
>>
>>323466894
FOOD FOR FISHIE, THAT'S YOU.
>>
>>323472321
It isnt THAT bad, and the dungeon itself is actually pretty interesting.

Slow walking is shit though. Turns a 30 minute dungeon into an hour (at worst) dungeon. Its not that bad, but it definitely sucks.
>>
>>323471797
I always leave Korriban last, it's fun when you fuck around with people by telling them you're Revan.
>>
>>323472321
Not long, 30 mins maybe if you know what you're doing or follow a guide? Much longer if you're playing blind first time, it's a bit of a maze down there. It's pretty straight forward if you know where to go, it's just a bit tedious more than anything, especially the actual outside part wearing the suit.
>>
>>323472321
The actual underwater part is like maybe 10 minutes total. Most of it is spent not underwater, just in a research station that itself is underwater.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.