[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth $40?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 19
File: 910tkJo6m-L._SX425_.jpg (65 KB, 425x531) Image search: [Google]
910tkJo6m-L._SX425_.jpg
65 KB, 425x531
Is it worth $40?
>>
Absolutely.

Be careful though, it's addictive as fuck.
>>
If your willing to grind for a little bit, and you have actual friends that play, not just randoms. Raids can be fun, but it's way better to be able to play with people you actually know.
>>
ded game
>>
yes, it's good now
>>
>>323465189
If you enjoy the game and want it to be better, yes.
>>
>>323465390

Nice try, Bungie shill.
>>
It's one of the few good MMOs.

Unfortunately, MMOs are a shit genre in general so expect shallow, grind-y gameplay that's highly addictive.
>>
Got bored after two-three weeks.
>>
>>323465814
Nice try DICE shill.
>>
>>323465189
It was not worth $20 on black friday
>>
Only if you have friends to play it with and realize you'll get extremely addicted for a month or so then immediately get bored as fuck
>>
File: 12508786.jpg (107 KB, 960x843) Image search: [Google]
12508786.jpg
107 KB, 960x843
my cat gives me this look for playing such a mediocre game
>>
If you have friends who play it or can find a clan or group to play with regularly, yes, King's Fall is fun as fuck.

Trials of Osiris is okay, but it's also tryhard city.
>>
It's the only game on the planet that meaningfully combines single player, multiplayer and co-op into a seamless, singular experience.

If you start Playing Destiny OP, even after you put it down, you WILL come back to it. You WILL want to start playing it again.

That's why Destiny is the biggest game on the block.
>>
File: bungieformula.png (758 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
bungieformula.png
758 KB, 2000x2000
>tfw this game was going to be Bungie's magnum opus after Halo

Damn it. It was meant to be the third game in the Marathon/Halo trilogy. From the original concept art, and all the hints that Bungie dropped right after leaving Halo, it looked like it was going to be darker and grittier than it was, and pretty much everything was going to be different.

I remember piecing together the ARG on the Bungie forums, when they managed to track that starmap art to that pennisula/island in the Philippines, and then there was all that stuff about the 2001 Space Odyssey line they kept repeating. All of it came to nothing.

I think something happened into the development. Activision must have just gutted whatever Bungie had in store.
>>
>>323466225
Correction: kingsfall is fun the first couple times you run normal and hardmode. Anything after it sucks. We should have had a new raid by now.
>>
>>323466225
>tryhard city
>BAAAAAWWWWWWWW STOP COOPERATING! STOP PLAYING SKILLFULLY!
>BAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW
>>
Fun with friends, kind of boring otherwise.
>>
>>323466423
Read the grimoire. There's a multitude of Marathon references, and there are still some of those characters in the game, like Charlemagne.
>>
>>323466683
yeah, but their role has been gutted for this mediocre shit.

I've not played the game since launch and I don't plan to do it again, what Marathon references are there?
>>
>>323466424
Dunno about you, but I never get tired of relic running in Daughters and Oryx.

>>323466591
Lemme guess.

Last Word/Thousand Yard/Suros Rocket Launcher or IB Machine Gun.
>>
File: flower eater.png (134 KB, 669x1033) Image search: [Google]
flower eater.png
134 KB, 669x1033
>>323466801
>I've not played the game since launch

The game has been almost completely reworked. It's not the same game it was at launch. No disrespect, but you really don't know what you're talking about.

It was disappointing to be sure, and it's still not as good as it could be, but it's getting there and at least it's a genuinely great game now.

>what Marathon references are there

A lot of it came in the Books of Sorrow from TTK that came out last September. Before TTK, there were still references, but they were still mostly just references outside of a couple of things like the basic premise of the game being a reference to Pathways Into Darkness.

Books of Sorrow, however, pretty much confirmed that it's very likely that Marathon and Destiny exist in the same/similar universe, or at least that they deal with similar concepts.
>>
I played this game almost daily from launch until about a month before House of Wolves came out. Around that time I realized that almost every new cool thing in the expansions was going to be tied to the raids and fuck all was going to be added for people who liked to play solo. Haven't touched it since.

Real shame too because I loved the gameplay and a lot of my playtime was spent in the crucible.

Another reason I quit was because I was really expecting more story focus from Bungie and they let me down big time. You could really tell that most of the story was scrapped months before release.
>>
Completely. Was it worth getting at launch and buying all the shit? Fuck no. Now? God yes.

Just be prepared to throw in with some randoms to do some of the content, but it's honestly a lot of fun to do so. This is coming from a very antisocial guy, it's worth it to be a little social. There should be groups wanting to do whatever you're trying to do so don't be deterred by having to work with a group.

Go Titan if you want to have no weaknesses and just kick ass in PvP and E. Hunter if you want to be a support dps with a cloak. Warlock for some cool abilities and a lot of being gimped in other aspects.
>>
>>323468594
Warlocks have a miserable fucking jump but make up for it by having the best melees and grenades and the best super in the game.
>>
Yeah. Shit's fun with friends . I'd you don't have any buddies to play with you better make some or you're gonna get bored real fast.
>>
>>323467661
Is there a Marathon helmet in the game? That's all I want.
>>
>>323469514
>>>/vg/128131135

Just post in /dg/ to find people to play with.
>>
>>323469660
Not really, but there are some cool looking helmets.
>>
>>323466065
Your cat has good taste in games
>>
>>323466423
people put way too much weight into Bungie's writing.

At this point they're just circle jerking on the bungie forums because they know all of the little halo nerds love to think that their FPS of choice has such amazing and intricate secrets behind its development.

Bungie is not that clever, or at least not anymore.

Halo and Marathon were their last great masterpieces, and we may not ever see anything that good ever again.

>>323467661
>Books of Sorrow, however, pretty much confirmed that it's very likely that Marathon and Destiny exist in the same/similar universe, or at least that they deal with similar concepts.

Stupidest shit I've heard all week. You bungie fags will believe literally anything.
>>
>sony product
>worth money

No.
>>
>>323470723
Bungie's writing is good, but it's not complex.

They're good at writing fun, punchy dialogue and memorable adventure stories. Halo was simple, but it was like Star Wars in that it's simplicity was done well and was charming.
>>
>>323465189
yes, Cucks will never get why
>>
>>323465189
any game that isnt Memetale wortth any money it cost
>>
>>323471117
You say that.
>>
>>323471034
Bungie's been writing hyper complex lore for almost as long as they've been Bungie, dude.
>>
>>323471034
exactly but i see time and time again Bungie using their creative license and the few properties they actually own such as marathon stuff and using it to vaguely enhance the designs of new stuff and people go fucking nuts over it, and write several page long theories about how every game is all linked together and Bungie are a bunch of genius wizards.

I've liked almost everything they've released (including ODST), but it doesnt take a wiseman to see that they're just playing their community like a fiddle
>>
>still no pc version

maybe destiny 2 will be the dream game we've all been waiting for
>>
>>323465390
honestly. yeah it is. I didnt like it much the first time around(rented it) gave the complete edition a shot and its pretty fun. its grindy for the firt 10 levels but after that its pretty great. this coming from someone who never liked bungi shit much. there are obvious problems, to little story and most of the interesting stuff in confined to an app. but its better then halo and borderlands.
>>323465850
this too.
>>
>>323471560
They do draw upon similar themes for all of their games since marathon though. Destiny has more Marathon stuff in it than Halo did.
>>
File: 1432070066902.png (215 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1432070066902.png
215 KB, 500x550
>>323465189
you get literally the same experience and more out of playing warfram and that shit is
>free
>has more classes
>more weapons
>more lut
>more active community
>events

There is a grind wall for sure but once you learn to shill the right thinks one the market to scrubs that don't know that at ember prime helmet is i less worth then the most common items drops you are good to go

+ robutts
>>
>>323474343
>warfam

nah
>>
>>323474447
>Destiny is better
LMAO
>>
>>323466591
>snipe camping with snipers that have unacceptable amounts of auto aim on them
>skillful
>>
>>323465189
Yes. Make sure you find people to play with regularly, though. If you go it solo it's not quite as fun.
>>
>>323476250
No bro my Thousand Yard with the range jacked up into next year and Hidden Hand is TOTALLY all skill.
>>
>>323466423
Literally grasping at straws.

I remember a few people over in /dg/ talking about this and getting told how retarded this is and still is
>>
>>323474343

Oh come on man, I loved Warframe for what it was. But man it has the same horrible grindfest that every F2P has. The pay to unlock more slots for frames(albeit you can with ingame money, but if you aren't a jew and don't know the market, GL). Weapons and armor have become a cookie cutter with meta selects. You can go variety, but a lot of people will request for the same frames.

Oh and good luck getting into a clan dojo or some shit if you haven't farmed a few pieces of prime shit with pub twats that run around like their heads cut off.
>>
>>323475535
It actually is. Warframe is shit m8. Like, not saying Destiny is the greatest thing ever, but Warframe is actual garbage.
>>
>>323465189
Play with friends exclusively or don't play at all
That's a good deal thi
>>
So many story ideas that has gone to waste.

Sure, the Hive and Fallen got some story but we get zero, ZERO shit about the Cabal and Vex.

Why can't they get some love?
>>
>>323478806
Destiny in general was a huge waste of potential and resources. I got TKK as a gift and I feel extremely bad for anyone who bought this game Day 1.
>>
>>323478806
The Fallen barely got shit, all we know is that they had the traveler once and the house of wolves were assholes. The Hive is the only fleshed out race, and for you to understand them, you have to read a shit load of grimoire cards
>>
I bought this and have no fucking idea what the fuck is going on with the story.

Apparently the Hive and then the Fallen are bad so destroy some dudes soul okay now humanity is saved hooray ok some dude came back who you have no context of who it is but everyone else does so just roll with it.
>>
>>323480168
Still a lot more than the Cabal and Vex, which are my favourite races.
>>
>>323480738
I don't get how you're confused, but

read the grimoire.
>>
>>323478339
It hate to be that guy but it sounds like you have a case of the scrub

As i said grind wall is there. But once you get past it it's at least 2x better then Shitstiny

Don't tell me you actually paid for anything in the game

Oh and good luck getting into a clan dojo or some shit if you haven't farmed a few pieces of prime shit with pub twats that run around like their heads cut off.
It's piss ez to get into a clan
they are literally recruiting 24/7, and all you have to do is go with one of scouts to a mission and he tells you if he likes you are not
>>323478372
>this fucking delusion
>>
>>323480849
The quest lines have zero context or consistency.
>>
>>323477985
But it's not retarded, there's a clear connection there and they have acknowledged it.

I'm not saying they planned it all in advance and that they're all connected in some complex way, but there is definitely a thematic pattern.
>>
>>323465390
>Destiny
>Addictive
Top kek
>>
>>323480903
But they do, they just don't give you tons of details. It's not hard to pick up on what's going on in the story.
>>
>>323465189
I actually just bought this game a couple days ago
So far all I've really done is run around the same exact map a couple times running into small squads of enemies every minute or so
When does the fun begin?
>>
>>323481219
Not him but the base story was a mess.

The Stranger was my biggest beef with the story. Who is she working for? What battle are they talking about? I know she is hinting that the Traveller is evil but nothing ever comes from that.

Not to mention how you are supposed to know what the "Exclusion zone" is even thought you were DEAD and revived by a ghost not so long ago. There is story there but nothing is built on it. There are plot threads but no actual plot. TTK came close to a plot but nothing is really built on that either. I want to kno more about the VEX culture, why they worship the Black Heart and what they were before becoming machines.
>>
>>323480903
While I agree that the story is lacking, it's far from confusing, I've read very little of the Grimoire and I know what's going on. If I can, anyone can.

>Last Safe City on Earth, where The Tower is located and The Traveller floats above it.
>Guardians are defenders of the city and imbue power of the Traveller for their abilities.
>The Fallen are a tribal-type of enemy who are encroaching on the City.
>The Vex then show up after being considered myths. Atheon, I suppose the leader, is killed in a raid.
>Cabal have a presence on Mars and are known for wiping out entire populations of planets.
>The Hive appear to take over or whatever and are lead by Crota. Crota gets killed in the raid.
>The Fallen get into a type of civil war where the Wolves House tries to take over all other houses for raw power. Skolas is the leader of the Wolves and is captured and taken into the Prison of Elders where Guardians fought him.
>Crota's father, Oryx, shows up and starts assimilating 90% of the enemies into his Taken, he gets super powerful, you kill him in the raid.

That's where we are. There's really not much to the story or lore. I'm bored at work so this passed the time
>>
>>323481935
>The Vex then show up after being considered myths. Atheon, I suppose the leader, is killed in a raid.

If you read his card, it says that he only rules over the Vault of glass.

What I assume is that there are many vaults which are intersections of time lines.

Also, you missed out on the fact that the Fallen were the last species with the Traveller.
>>
>>323465189
Do you like grinding?
Do you have two friends to play with?
If yes to both, sure I guess.
If no to either, hell the fuck no.
>>
File: image.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1200
>>323481663
They sidelined all the exposition to the grimoire. It's gay as fuck but if you want to know more, read it. It's actually really well written.

The plot of the game itself is pretty vague and nonsensical like you said, but it doesn't really get that way until later. Within the first few missions you're just running around killing bad guys and that's why I said it's not hard to pick up on it.

To put it simply: The premise is easy to understand, but the story isn't for the reasons you mentioned.

Most of Destiny revolves around that premise though, it's what almost everything operates based off of.

>you are a magically gifted warrior beckoned to defend the last human civilization in the solar system from the scourge of creatures that have made their home on lost human worlds

Everything is about that. You're a space cowboy/wizard/knight and you run around shooting aliens, killing Gods, travelling through time, and killing time by killing other guardians.

The execution of it all is what's lacking, but it's still a pretty solid premise.
>>
>>323481663
>why they worship the Black Heart and what they were before becoming machines.

The Books of Sorrow explain the former and the mission "Paradox" in the game explains why the Vex are so mysterious, if you do the secret path through the mission and listen to Praedyth's monologues.

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/categories/books-of-sorrow
>>
>>323482330
Ah yes, well spotted thanks for clearing that up anon.
>>
>>323482489
Yeah, it is a solid premise. I am a bit of an autist and have come up with ideas of what they can do with the factions to expand them and such.

Like for example, I want to know more about Fallen society before they became... well... "Fallen". I want to know something about Cabal society. Same with the Vex. We already got too much stuff with the Hive.
>>
>>323480897
They're not going to give you free currency for shilling that trash. Please stop.
>>
>>323465189
I would say 30ish depending on how much the PVP would appeal to you. If I recall correctly you can try it before you buy (demo) but for 60 absolutely not.

It's a grind fest FPS that's slowly being converted into a vehicle for microtransactions. However, it is not without it's appeal. It is as well made as an FPS can get, it's raids offer a pretty good payoff of difficulty and fun and it's PVP, though some weapons seem to offer a bit too much of an advantage, is fun enough especially when playing in groups.
>>
>>323482901
>Like for example, I want to know more about Fallen society before they became... well... "Fallen"

All evidence points to the fact that they lived in a utopia. Then, one day, the Traveler simply left. There's a grimoire card that gives us a brief glimpse of the Fallen's homeworld with the Traveler, but we also know it ended very abruptly.

>"Where is the Great Machine? Where is the Great Machine?" - Chelchis, Kell of Stone

The Cabal's biology suggests that they come from a planet with a high-pressure atmosphere. We know their motivations are simply conquest for their Emperor, but the Cabal assigned to our Solar system were fleeing from Oryx, or at least aware of his presence. It's possible he's thwarted other Cabal operations in the past, in other parts of the galaxy.

The lore is there, anon. You can learn about it. You just have to go and find it, not only in the grimoire, even in the game it's there. Praedyth's questline gave us tons of new info about the Vex.
>>
File: you seem mad.gif (505 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
you seem mad.gif
505 KB, 400x406
>>323483130
>said the faggot advertising for a 500 million AAA game with less content then the fallout4
>t-there are no microtransactions destiny!
>>
>>323483753
Well I haven't got TTK because of how pissed I was about it I got the game when it came out with the season pass for only 2 dlcs so I wouldn't know about Praedyth but what I am getting at is that they are telling this and not showing.

Could you imagine if they showed off say... a Cabal arena? It owuld tell us so much of their culture by just one simple area. It shows how much they would hate traitors. How about also showing other conquered species other than the Psions? Also about the Psions, maybe actually show how the Cabal treat them. Stuff like this can easily be made in game.

One of the ideas that my cousin came up with is what would happen if the heir to the Fallen throne came back and killed all of the kells to unite the Fallen under one banner? This allows the chance to explore, in game, the Fallen culture pre and post "Whirlwind".

My gripe is that some major points are not in game, not even as audio logs except for Praedyth's story line I assume.
>>
>>323484450
Yeah it's shitty. But you can't really bitch about wanting to know more about the lore while refusing to go and learn about it.
>>
>>323484236
Said the faggot shilling a F2P cash shop game.

Only other post I made was replying saying that Warframe is shit. I literally never commented on the Microtransactions in Destiny.
>>
File: V2fIwLl.png (217 KB, 640x290) Image search: [Google]
V2fIwLl.png
217 KB, 640x290
>>323465189
Alright OP, I'm gonna break it down for you. Been playing since Beta with 1000+ hours logged. Used to be an Internet Defense Warrior for this game, but due Bungie's countless missteps I've recently become so jaded that I can't be bothered to boot it up anymore.

1) Like pretty much everyone has said in this thread, the narrative was essentially gutted when the lead writer (Joseph Staten) was fired around 1 year before release. Due to this, most of the games assets were cut from launch and repackaged as the DLC to fit the new "frankenstein narrative" they came up with in under a year. What little decent story is left of the game is locked behind the grimoire cards that can only be accessed via mobile phone app or on Bungie.net

2) Bungie's communication with their community about patches/reworks/future content is so fucking vague and terrible. They have the Bungie Weekly Update, but 9 times out of 10 its simply "stay tuned until next week. :^)" Plus, the fucking Community Manager (DeeJ) is such a fucking scrub at the game, by the start of Year 2 he hadn't even completed any of the endgame activities (as proven by looking at his Moments of Triumph on Bungie.net).

3) Bugs fixes or any sort of patch/rebalances for the game take LITERALLY FOREVER to come out, and when they do often times end up either not fixing the problem or making the problem worse than before. It also doesn't help that Bungie has this condescending "we know the state of the game better than our players do" mentality when it comes to patches, leading to the current state of PVP being the most imbalanced shooter I've ever played. Not to mention that the netcode for PVP is fucking atrocious.

4) THEY ADDED FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS

That's it. I'm going to die of a rage stroke if I continue.

Raids are fun, but the new double-layered RNG loot/Light system in TTK is fucking cancerous

DO NOT BUY OP
>>
>>323484584
not that guy but honestly the whole lore thing is pants on head retarded
there is literally no reason to not be able to learn about it WITHIN game
>>
>>323484584
I have read some of the grimoire cards and some, even though teething with lore, some just feel empty.

There are a lot of questions unanswered and even the cards don't give the answers that would satisfy me. There are a lot of assumptions when dealing with the lore of this game. With Halo, there was some definite lore across all media, including books.

Also as a side note, how would people feel about Destiny Wars?
>>
Now that this game is dead on consoles, what are the chances it'll get ported to PC?
>>
>>323484828
You're absolutely right but you can still learn about it if you want. Sitting in your corner and pouting that it isn't where it should be won't do anything.

>>323484905
The lore is supposed to be myth-like, sort of like Dark Souls. It gives you a glimpse into the history, but the big picture stays mysterious. More interesting that way.
>>
File: 1429346346138.gif (473 KB, 512x385) Image search: [Google]
1429346346138.gif
473 KB, 512x385
>>323484820
>your grindfest game is FP2
>that makes it worse them my grindfest game with almost no content because i paid for it!
Stay
Deluded
>>
>>323485115
people actually should be upset abotu this kind of bullshit becuase its a stupid idea and the devs fucked up becuase of it
and the lore isnt myth-like and generally doesnt encourage theory but just makes people care less about it
>>
>>323485115
I would enjoy it if it didn't have the story line.

Like, Souls works because there really isn't a story other than you and the world. The world's lore is the story. In the case of Destiny, they try to have mystery lore AND a story, which doesn't work if the story isn't great.

If they made a terrific story, then I wouldn't mind as much. If they had zero story but hints about the lore, I wouldn't mind either because that is what the Soul's franchise did. You can't half ass it and make a stupid and non sensical story and expect people to look deeper to find lore.
>>
>>323485370
It's not the grinding you retard. Warframe is a terrible game for more than just that. But keep basing your argument on things I never said :^)
>>
>>323466065
best cat
>>
The 3 dlcs add a lot of content and year 2 pretty much revamped everything.
If you have a few friends to play with I will recommend it.
>>
File: 1442305276624.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
1442305276624.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
>>323485710
>Warframe is a terrible game for more than just that
>almost the exact same gameplay style
>>
Not $40 possible $30 $20 or $15-$10
>>
>>323465189
Yes and no.

If you are expecting what it is advertised as(Halo MMO) then you will hate it.

If you want a game with decent gunplay and competitive pvp, then yes the game is good.

As >>323465390 said it is addicting as hell.
>>
I want to play this with my friends who have it on xbox one, but I'd rather get a ps4......but I don't really know why. None of the exclusives really stand out on either console
>>
>>323487675
>competitive pvp
>destiny

yea no.

short ass killtimes, broken ass supers and broken ass guns galore.

its only good for its pve
>>
>>323465189
I'd probably pick it up for $20.
>>
>>323487675
>competitive pvp
ha
>>
>>323488024
Get the xbox one version. Friends=Fun with this game. Especially since the endgame content needs 3 people(PvP Trials of Osiris) or 6 people(PvE Raids)

The exclusive PSN content is not worth it. A strike that will never be in the end game rotation and a gun/armor sets that will never be sold so you need to RNG it.
>>
>>323488456
Yea friends are more fun, but I can't think of any other games I'd get on the one rather than my PC
>>
File: nah.jpg (24 KB, 686x504) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
24 KB, 686x504
>>323465189
>>
>>323488024
I've heard the game is shit, not one person I know likes it
>>
>>323488574
Yeah don't buy the xbone just for destiny. worst mistake i ever did

Friends all left destiny after fallout came out
>>
>>323481935
Oryx was actually always that possible. You killed his physical body in the campaign, in the raid, you're facing his true form in the Ascendant Realm.

The Ascendant Realm and the Oversouls and all that shit basically translate to "it's really fucking hard to permanently kill an Ascendant Hive, especially one as tough as Oryx."
>>
>>323484821
>4) THEY ADDED FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS
Oh wow emotes and sparrows. Those bastards.
>>
Is it true this game has no match making for raids?
>>
>>323481935
>I've read very little of the Grimoire
>There's really not much to the lore

Haha
>>
>>323484821
>Bungie's countless missteps
>game has done nothing but get better since launch

Nice one fagtron
>>
>>323489745
Yes, why would there be? You want to Raid with brazillians, 12 year olds, and AFKers with no mic?
>>
>>323481046

>get hooked on grinding for gear and doing daily shit
>stop playing for a long ass time when bloodborne dlc came out
>can't get back into destiny

It's a strange kind of addiction when you get it
>>
>>323489428
Some people paid $140 for the fucking game and yet BungieVision feels the need to add microtransactions on top of their more than fully priced product.

>>323489745
Yes and that's a good thing. Literally no matchmade raid will ever finish. Randoms ARE that bad.
>>
If you have people to play it with yea
>>
>>323490193
For emotes and sparrows.

The sparrows are all functionally worse than the raid sparrows and the emotes are just silly things you can do. Please don't act like Eververse is some huge problem with Destiny, it's a nonentity in terms of actual game progression.
>>
>>323490536
The problem is the game originally shipped practically unfinished and with significantly less content than most other AAA titles of the same price, shat out two "expansions" for an extra $20 each that just re-added cut content, then finally added enough to make the game complete with a final $40 expansion. And despite making $140 on the original players and $60 on the new players despite taking an entire year to bring the game up to a minimum standard, they now have the gall to ask for more money by sticking a freemium model into a full-priced product.
>>
>>323491215
not including the ps+ subscription requirement

what a fucking money sinkhole
>>
>>323491215
>ask for more money

That's not the case though. The only thing they ever guaranteed was no subscription fee. Any MMO ever has expansions that are charged for and basically mandatory if you want to keep playing. The microtransactions are a purely supportive method so they can get more steady income from players, allowing them to pump out content updates more regularly. But it's a completely optional shop so it's fine.
>>
>>323465189
If you suffer from a severe intellectual disability you should have a lot of fun with Destiny.
>>
>>323491665
>so they can get more steady income from players, allowing them to pump out content updates more regularly

Ah, yes. A Halloween reskin of the tower and two sparrow racetracks. What significant content updates.
>>
>>323491919
Much better than last year, which was literally nothing.
>>
>is it worth $40 ?
I dont buy Activision games so i wouldnt know
>>
File: 1411583427865.jpg (113 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
1411583427865.jpg
113 KB, 640x496
>>323465189
yup

I got the special edition ps4 bundle with this game and I wasn't disappointed.

I don't know what you wanks wanted from this game. I didn't use the level boost and actually did the missions/strikes the whole way, it was pretty fun. The writing and characters got was better when I hit the expansion.

I didn't even do any raids. Just crucible pvp and strikes, and I was happy with the game. It's basically halo pvp with a longer but less interesting campaign mode.

I had my money's worth of enjoyment with this one. If you have friends to play with you will probably have a great time.
>>
>>323491919
>two sparrow racetracks
Which was the best part of Destiny so far.
>>
>>323491215
You're not buying guns. You're not buying armor, you're not even buying fucking motes, it's completely cosmetic items. What the fuck are you TALKING ABOUT with your "freemium model" nonsense when the "premium" part of the model doesn't even fucking affect the game?

This isn't even pay2notgrind, for fuck's sake, stop talking out of your ass. If you wanna shit on Destiny, at least focus on the tangible problems with it.
>>
>>323491919
>A new PvP mode with its own rules, gear and quests isn't a tangible content update.
You're a disingenuous asshole.
>>
>>323491978
>Last year Bungie fucked our throats and climaxed down them, but this year Bungie is only fucking us in the ass, so it's okay
>>
>>323465390
This.

Anyone who think otherwise is either a mad pkek or hasn't played it
>>
>>323480897
So, when *do* you get past the grind wall? All I've seen is the game getting more grindy the further I progress. The more advanced weapons & frames require a shit ton more resources which means more grinding.
>>
>>323492382
*tips fedora*
>>
>>323492382
Then you're obviously not the kind of person he's asking you fucking moron.
>>
>>323488957
they all only recently just got it and none of them play fallout, but yeah I probably wont get it
>>
File: 316.jpg (47 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
316.jpg
47 KB, 895x895
>>323493532
Like how PVP balance is a joke?

Like how PVP netcode is a joke?

Like how there's countless random bugs that range from miniscule to gamebreaking?

Like how the Light Level of Raid Drops being RNG was somehow considered a good idea?

Like how the Lighthouse chest in ToO is underwhelming compared to Challenge Mode KF?

Like how we're getting no new content outside of money-grabbing events like FotL & SRL until Destiny 2 launches?

Like how Bungie thinks a 0.04% buff to High RoF Auto Rifles actually makes any sort of fucking difference?

Want me to go on?
>>
>>323496809
Yes, all of those things would be better places to start than Eververse.
>>
>>323484821
Probably the most intelligent and accurate post ive seen, not bad

Also agree with pvp, the 30ps mixed with the laggy servers are absolutely atrocious also mixed with the absolute garbage weapom balance
>>
>>323465189
I beat it in three days from the beginning. I thought it had more content. Worth $30 at most. Just play Fallout 4.
>>
File: donkeykongpier.png (79 KB, 250x206) Image search: [Google]
donkeykongpier.png
79 KB, 250x206
>>323465189
Why is everyone in PvP suddenly using the Last Word and 1000-Yard Stare?

I get the 1000-Yard Stare 'cause it's a stupidly good sniper rifle, but it seems like overnight every single player started using the Last Word. Is there some popular Destiny streamer or youtube person who started this trend?
>>
>>323480897
>shitstiny

are you literally a child
>>
>>323497616
kills in 2 headshots from the hip, can be spammed, doesnt have to compete as hard with shotguns since they got that slight nerf, accuracy doesnt go to complete shit while airborne with handcannons so titans can skate forever and hip spray for what is the theoretical fastest kill time in the game if you get two lucky headshots.

Ive been using this thing for ages and knew it was only a matter of time before people would notice how busted it still is. Thankfully it took a while but Bungie shouldve noticed it too.
>>
>>323465949
Literally how? Are you just spouting random nonsense? Nice try Capcom shill.
>>
>>323498323
Nice try Konami shill, but might I recommend you try calming down before posting further?
>>
>>323465189
No, because they're not done jewing DLC...so you'll just have to pay at least $40 more on top of the $40 you just paid.
>>
>>323497616
Last Word is always going to be bullshit, but I'm sad to see it's 'meta' again. Getting 2 shot by an extremely high rate of fire weapon is just range inducing.
>>
>>323497616
Hand cannons getting buffed made it top tier again.
>>
>>323465189
what the hell is $40 even worth anymore?
25 candy bars
a weeks worth of groceries for one person
15 pairs of reasonable socks
10 pairs of underwear
3 or 4 movies
Yes of course it's fucking worth it.
>>
>>323465189

Just play Warframe. Same kind of shit, except Warframe is free and has better porn
>>
>>323496809
Best post yet
>>
File: 1409564105362.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409564105362.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>>323465189
It's shit unless you've got Taken King
Missions have almost no variety whatsoever except for that one 'stealth' mission, although I recently played through the whole campaign with a friend and it was much more enjoyable
Two biggest flaws imo is that Shotguns have shit range and you can't do Raids with randoms, despite every boss in the game is 'pump sniper rounds into it's face until it dies'
>>
>>323493983
Are you seriously implying you'd rather be fucked in the ass than the mouth?

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>323499726
Even if I'm being charitable, that doesn't describe Crota or Oryx at all.
>>
>>323494193
Oh, hello friend that has played for all of two weeks. Could you shill more?

I put 300+ hours into this fucking game.
My brothers and I played about as much as we could. Daily.
We had a solid group that raided every week, did the nightfall, every week at reset, did it fucking ALL, every... fucking... week. Until doing the exact same shit over and over and over with NO hope for any good content got way too old.
Whoooo sparrow racing is released! Only to be removed a week later. Half the content they DID release in TTK was behind a time gate.

Bungie is ruining this heap. "We hear you! We play too!"
Yeah, ok, whatever.
>>
>>323465189
What the fuck kind of bizzaro world am I in where there are actually people on /v/ defending destiny. I figured it would be hated here...

As far as the game goes. As others have said for a new player it might be fun for a month leveling up and getting gear, as long as you have friends to play with. After that it gets boring as fuck, you realize how little content it has and that there is fuck all to do. I'll break it down.

PVE: Once you get to max level you basically grind gear until you can get enough light to run the raid so you can get max light gear. Basically you do this by running strikes. Which are fun maybe the first couple of times you run them, but quickly would become a chore. Then you get to the raid. The raid might be fun for awhile. But after that it too gets fucking boring and feels like a chore after you realize literally how east this shit is. Me and my friends were running that shit in under 40 mins. From the beginning to the end.

PVP: is pretty shitty and unbalanced. Some classes are just straight up better in PVP than others. Weapons better than others. A fucking sniper fest. Literally there are so many other shooters who are better in this regard, so to me it's not really a selling point. But I guess some people like it.
>>
>>323500056
And you can't "pump shotguns" into Atheon. Still gotta run through fucking portals.

The raids are great fun, but there's just not enough beyond that. The game is solid, but needs 500% more shit to do. The planets need to be 5 times as big. It's just, too fucking limited.
>>
>>323500056
Oh great. So basically every fucking boss except the final boss in two raids. And even then they are retarded easy.
>>
>>323501336
Tbh the raids get repetitive and boring after Like the 6th week doing it in a row too
>>
>make an MMO
>make it exclusive to playstation console
>don't put on PC, where the MMO audience actually is

bungie were gonna fail before they ever even began
>>
>>323501380
If I'm not being charitable, it doesn't describe a single endgame boss except MAYBE the big servitor in PoE.
>>
>>323501639
It's an even a true Massive Multiplayer Online game though.
>>
>>323501639
>>make it exclusive to playstation console
Are you stupid?
>>
I am really excited to see what they do with destiny 2. Destiny was a great concept, and a great foundation for an amazing sequel.
>>
>>323465189
Yes. 850 hours in. Help me.
>>
>>323501692
It does though. Expecially kings fall. For example

War priest: someone grabs the buff. Throw down weapons of light and shoot him with a bow. And everyone lay into him with black spindle. When buff runs out hide behind a pillar. Rinse and repeat.

Golgoroth: Kill adds. Shoot down orb for the pool. One person grabs gaze everyone else hops down into the pool. Use weapons of light and a bow. Everyone shoot him in the chest with black spindle. When the person loses the gaze get out of the pool. Rinse and repeat.
This is where it maybe gets different

Daughters: Everyone gets to a platform and jumps on them in the correct order so the relic runner can go grab the relic. When they get it they slam it on the sister removing her shield. Everyone then uses touch of malice and shoots her in the head until she is dead. If you don't have touch then you snipe her in the head. Rinse and repeat with the other sister.

Not writing out for oryx since I guess technically you don't use snipers on him. But guess what. You do use them on his shade. So there is that. Also a sniper is good to use on the ogres if you don't have touch. If you do I guess you can just use it on ogres and his chest.
>>
For everyone saying how this game is getting better with time. Do you not think the raids, granted there are only fucking 3, have gotten worse over time? Which is bad considering I feel like that's the big thing in destiny. I mean VoG was literally the best raid in my opinion.
>>
>>323502690
You sure did describe a lot of stuff besides shooting the boss with sniper rifles. You can't simplify the bosses down to being damage sponges and then gloss over all the add management and platforming you have to do, not to mention stuff like Unstable Light.

I'm not the biggest fan of the "Black Spindle my shit up senpai" PvE meta either, but you're way overstating in.

>>323503241
VoG was great but King's Fall is better. VoG has Confluxes and Oracles which are long and boring as shit and Gorgons, which are gimmicky and sloggy after the novelty wears off.
>>
I wouldn't pay 0$ for it
>>
>>323503452
Are you kidding me? Literally that's what every boss boils down to. When it actually comes down to killing the boss you stand there and shoot him in the head, or whatever weakspot with a sniper rifle. Literally almost every boss. A little bit of platforming or killing enemies doesn't change this fact. And unstable light? Really? You mean the oh so dangerous Mechanic which basically results in one player having to leave and no longer be able to snipe the boss in his weakspot. Oh and about your PoE comment. Skolas was another boss you just sniped in the head until he was dead. Black Spindle him in the head until he is perma-staggered.

Also this whole black spindle pve meta isn't that much different than the gjallarhorn meta of year one
>>
>>323504069
Not black spindle. I mean black hammer for skolas
>>
>>323503452
Ehhh. I guess you are right. But I feel like literally the whole first half of this raid is long and gimmicky. To me the whole first half of the raid feels like fluff to make it seem longer. The orbs at the beginning. The ship jump puzzle. And the door. All of that just feels like it takes so long, and for really 0 rewards, except for the door. And after the first couple of runs became boring. My group would literally do it once then make checkpoints at the door before warpriest.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 844x826) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 844x826
>black spindle
>not a Hakke sniper with surplus and sleeper

/v/ shitters are the worst
>>
>>323504856
Really? Black spindle is superior to pretty much every single sniper rifle in PVE against bosses. By far. You should never have to reload against a boss since their precision spots are so huge. Plus I am pretty sure it has the highest impact of all snipers as well. So I am really having a hard time seeing why you would use another one over it against a boss.
>>
>>323504601
I'dve put the ship jumping puzzle between Warpriest and Golgoroth, yeah. The raid feels pretty fluffy at the start and bottom heavy after Prove Your Worth
>>
File: 1451661859374.png (138 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1451661859374.png
138 KB, 480x480
>>323501235
We must be in the shit realm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PBklhMWy4
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.