[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
playin DQ4 on DS, first time, slowpokin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: latest[1].jpg (80 KB, 640x573) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
80 KB, 640x573
>No doubt youse all ken whit it is I want tae talk to youse aboot

>I'm sure youse all will hae heard rumours aboot the wee kiddies gaein missin of late

>Och, just this morn, I've had mothers from Strathbaile here cryin' aboot their bairns

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>323464841

I don't have any trouble understanding any of that, I'm not sure how any adult English native would unless they do whatever they can to avoid things from cultures that aren't American, but yeah, it seems pretty annoying. I've only ever seen videos and images of the English version though, I just played the PSX version. Still, the game itself is fun, hopefully the shitty localization doesn't run that.
>>
>>323464841
The accents are the most unbearable thing about IV.

Thankfully, after Ryan/Ragnar's chapter, it's only uphill from there.
>>
>>323467213

the people in alena's kingdom also have a slight accent but i cant really place it. either that or the translators botched the grammar and nobody caught it
>>
>>323467457
It's Russian, dude.

DQIV is good. Very short, though.
>>
>>323467610
russian accent needs more comrade, comrade
>>
>>323467786
Comrade is a communist thing you fucking retard, chinese do it too.
>>
>>323467983
Holy shit anon, that was hostile as fuck.
>>
>>323468302

It's 4chan, what do you expect? People like to be hostile here for no reason.
>>
>>323464841
is the phone version the best version for the 1-4
>>
>>323468845

It's the best version if you can't read Japanese and want the party chat.
>>
>>323464841

I hate forced thick accents in video games. I get it, the character is foreign. If you have to shove it down people's throats with every word they speak you are a bad storyteller.
>>
>>323469495

Or a bad writer, rather. It's the localizers' fault, it's nothing like that in the Japanese version.
>>
>>323469680
how would you even do a scottish accent in japanese
>>
>>323469680
>it's nothing like that in the Japanese version

That's a relief, at least.

Is there an undub/retranslation that takes this crap out?
>>
>>323469792

I don't think you could, not in text anyway. I suppose in a movie it wouldn't be hard for a guy to try to sound like a Scottish guy speaking Japanese... The Japanese don't really use accents in entertainment though, they just use dialects if anything. Though in DQ games, most characters speak in the standard Tokyo dialect. Every now and then you'll see other dialects though. Unrelated, but I've seen people say Sandy speaks in Kansai-ben in DQ IX, but I have no idea why, I just played that one. She just speaks like a stereotypical gyaru, it's not like Kansai-ben at all.

>>323469916

Unfortunately, no.
>>
>>323464841

This your first DQ?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.