[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinion of this game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: fallout-4-logo.jpg (72 KB, 1397x708) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-logo.jpg
72 KB, 1397x708
Give me your honest opinion of this game.
>>
It's ok
>>
>>323460907
It's lazy.
>>
>>323460907
i'm still having fun, but i have only put like 30 hours into the game so far.

textures in some area is kinda low even on ultra for some reason.

mods are fixing most of the issues i had, mostly wierd things like why have crafting ammo in new vegas but not in fallout 4? just fucking stupid.
>>
A shit
>>
It's very repetitive.
>>
>>323460907
the quest system damn near ruins it, so few quality quests. like literally a handful, it's a real shame.

>>323461095
yeah the low res textures are actually a bug where the proper textures can't load... that still hasn't been fixed. the post launch support by bethesda has been appalling, well actually it's been pretty much non-existent.
>>
Skyrim dungeons with guns.
>>
>>323460907
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
Can someone explain why Bloody mess is so dissapointing compared to 3 and NV. Iv'e been shooting people with a minigun with maxed bloody mess only for only an arm to maybe fall off sometimes.
>>
>>323460907
Crafting is kinda neat. In fact, I didn't even bother crafting in New Vegas, not even once.
>>323461095
what mods are you using?
>>
Solid 8.5/10
Would be 10 if the speech system wasnt shit
>>
>>323460907
mindless time waster
>>
>>323460907
I get that the dialogue options are all shit but I mean, your character actually talks least,
r-right?
>>
I can honestly say it's their best game since Morrowind.
>>
>>323460907
It's ok, really don't feel like playing it again though and probably won't until all the DLC/decent mods are out
>>
Kinda fun, but I'm easily amused. Even then the combat is kinda shitty, scavenging starts to get a bit tedious when everything needs adhesive and all you can find is glass and screws and the quests tend to be some variation on 'go here, get thing, kill/hack obstacles'.

Exploding heads help a bit.
>>
I love it
>>
One step forward and two steps back for the franchise. Feels a lot like the generic open world action games we have been seeing for the past couple years.
>>
It's shit. I was bored out of my mind by the time I got the mission to take back The Castle.
>>
>>323460907
Gameplay is top tier, the world is interesting and well crafted. Dialogue system and player freedom is dogshit. also base building was shoe horned in and super rushed.
>>
File: youre an embarassment.jpg (26 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
youre an embarassment.jpg
26 KB, 334x393
>>323460907
I played 150 hrs, which is more than i have on NV on steam. The pros are the gunplay and the quests story quests, while being linear, were decently fun. The cons are the filler missions, most of the companions are terrible with the exception of a few, and the lack of freedom in which to complete quests. I give it a 7/10, its not as bad as people say it is, but its not a mastapeece.
>>
>>323460907
It's boring
>>
>>323465343
no one ever claimed it was a masterpiece
>>
It's all right, but don't expect the next New Vegas.
All of the factions have some irredeemable flaw that makes them completely retarded, it's like they were trying to make it a grey area or some shit.
The building system is rushed, you need mods to make it work.
There are loads of glitches. one of the most obvious is the buildings give exp. So you can just build a load of shit and scrap it over and over for exp.
The enemy pathfinding is still very exploitable, lets say you have a slope, you can just keep jumping up and down and an enemy deathclaw will run the long way around all the way up and down while you're shooting at it the whole time.
Every area is a generic building with pipe pistol loot.
It feels like the world revolves around the protagonist.
No weapon durability, no real hardcore mode, the customising weapons is good and the combat is good.
Skyrim with guns
>>
I played 50 hours And finished the main quests and then forgot it even came out. I mean i got my monies worth but it just felt so generic after comming straight from NV.
>>
Speech sucks compared to last Fallouts, the new all inclusive perk system has taken away all incentive to do a replay to try other play styles other than 'at least I'll level up faster if I start again'. Lots of locations with not much content.
I had fun but around mid december I put it down and haven't had a reason to pick it up again.
>>
>>323460907
Good fallout but not as good as fallout3/newvegas
>>
>>323465757
Forgot to add, lack of weapon variety, shitty repeated loot. The finite X-O1 armor that's placed around the map permanently turning into T-60 armor if you happened to load the area it's placed in at a level deemed 'too low', effectively punishing you for exploring early.
'Legendary' weapons aka the same shitty pipe pistol but with a random effect added on to it, as a 'reward' for putting 5 extra bullets into some random ghoul with a star next to its name.
>>
File: 1444304905593.jpg (58 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1444304905593.jpg
58 KB, 450x443
>>323460907
Biggest disappointment of 2015
>>
pretty bad tbqfh
>>
I should NOT have to dick around in the game's files to get it to run above 48 FPS.
>>
>>323465017
That mission was the fucking worst. Shitloads of bullet sponge enemies and a bunch of tiny swarm cunts.
>>
>>323466891
>get my shit slapped by the Queen in my first run through
>throw down a shit ton of bottlecap mines and do the quest as normal
>Queen spawns, instantly dies
>Only thing I get from it is a shitty legendary leather arm
>>
Huge fans from Fallouts earlier than 4, will despise the game, but people who just got into fallout would love it.
>>
>>323460907
I've been playing for roughly 15 hours on the PS4. Fun is starting to hit diminishing returns, so I might switch to a different game for a bit.
>>
>>323460907

Solid 7/10. So, meh. If you like exploring shit, you'll like it.
>>
File: 1430969885532.gif (2 MB, 285x258) Image search: [Google]
1430969885532.gif
2 MB, 285x258
>>323460907
There's so much fucking wrong with it that I don't even know where to start

>You still have to go fuck around with the ini files if you want to change basic stuff like the FOV
>Bethesda's representation of Pre-war USA as idyllic and nice instead of a dystopian shithole proves once again that they never played the first two games
>SPECIAL stat scores are almost completely meaningless outside of what perks you can access
>Perks boil down to boring number increases, higher crafting tiers and useless gimmicks
>Dialogue wheel with 4 different options to say the same thing
>Player character's pre-war background is almost never brought up or utilized in any way despite all the potential it has for storytelling and quests
>Doesn't look all that impressive visually and it's still the same old cell based shit meaning you need to go through a loading screen just to enter a small house, but despite that it still manages to run like dogshit on most systems
>The iconic power armor is handed to you within the first hour of the game
>Skyrim style "dungeons" that are very linear, have a convenient chest of levelscaled loot and a shortcut exit near the end
>HUD looks like a lazy mock-up and the crosshair is so big that it's useless
>Weapon viewmodels take up a quarter of the screen even with a high FOV
>Encourages hoarding loot even more than previous games since random clutter items like desk fans or coffee cups are now worth picking up for crafting materials
>You can somehow build weapon/armor mods, power generators, automated turrets, water purifiers, etc. out of random fucking junk
>Settlement building system is half-assed dogshit that they just tacked on so they could potentially attract the minecraft/rust audience
>Weapon modding boils down to picking whatever gives the most damage
>Charisma dialogue options are utterly meaningless and don't offer anything other than a trivial amount of exp/more worthless caps
>>
>>323460907
I find it enjoyable, despite never really getting anywhere with the story. This is the only game, besides Splatterhouse, where I actually enjoy using a shotgun.
Building settlements everywhere and blowing heads off is keeping me well entertained.
>>
>>323460907
average shooter in the fallout universe
>>
People shouldn't defend Bethesda's Fallout 4. The game was casualized for the newer audience so much that it doesn't feel like a Fallout game anymore. The perks, dialogue system, shooting and killing focus, lack of rpg elements all feel like they made the game for 12 yr olds.

We need people to say they are disappointed with Fallout 4, so Bethesda realizes their mistakes and doesn't casualize TES:VI.
>>
Good game, not a good fallout game.
Gunplay is very fun.
Still runs like shit on my hardware which is more than capable of running it over 60fps in all areas but still manages to get a little over 30-40fps in areas with a lot of buildings.

The framerate stopped me from enjoying the game, I feel bad for not playing it more than I did because my gf bought it for me but I can't put up with that shit.
>>
>>323460907
played the game for about 60 hours
got bored and didn't feel like finishing the main quest
6/10

Pros
>decent graphics for a bethesda game
>good companions
>Boston is fun to explore
>power armor is implemented well
>crafting/building is fun
>gunplay is competent
>fun glitches

Cons
>poorly optimized, runs like shit (by far the biggest problem with the game)
>awful forced scenario, takes all roleplaying out of the equation
>uninteresting factions, I don't give 2 shits if synths get to be free or get genocided
>very little variety of guns/armor
>Dialog is horrible
>lack of sidequests
>perk system is even more dumbed down than Skyrim
>>
Boring.

Everywhere you go its either humans or mutants shooting at you.
>>
It's almost laughable how Bethesda tried to take concepts like factions and apply them themselves and just completely missed the point.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.