[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you guys tell me this was so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: persona-q.jpg (385 KB, 650x731) Image search: [Google]
persona-q.jpg
385 KB, 650x731
Why didn't you guys tell me this was so good?
>>
>>323457093
It's shit though
>>
>>323457093
It's good though
>>
>>323457093
It's alright though
>>
>>323457093
It's kinda bad and kinda good though
>>
though
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 296x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 296x421
>>323457093
Memelords and retards screaming "muh characterization"

IT'S A COMEDY SPINOFF YOU FUCKING RETARDS

WERE YOU SERIOUSLY EXPECTING DEEP SOCIAL LINK DIALOGUE AND CHARACTER GROWTH IN THE GAME WITH AN ALL CHIBI ART STYLE?

Tha aside it's a decent game.
>>
>>323457093
I love the way they did the chibi in that game, it looks really cool.
>>
File: 20141206_012332[1].jpg (1 MB, 448x6882) Image search: [Google]
20141206_012332[1].jpg
1 MB, 448x6882
>>323458271
>IT'S A COMEDY SPINOFF YOU FUCKING RETARDS
>>
>>323457093
It's okay, but if you're an EO fan you'll be put to sleep by how easy and cheesable it is.
>>
>>323457093
Its way too easy, It really played more like an SMTxEO game with persona characters that were just there for some reason
>>
>>323458490
>comedy spinoffs can't have sad/serious moments
>>
>>323458271
>DEEP SOCIAL LINK DIALOGUE AND CHARACTER GROWTH IN THE GAME WITH AN ALL CHIBI ART STYLE?
But there's barely of that in the other Persona games even though there's no chibi art.
>>
>>323458271
Comedy spinoffs don't need to turn Akihiko completely into muh protein. There's such a thing as balance.
>>
>>323457093
You'll get sick of it towards the end. I did.
>>
>>323458490
>shit character dying
What a shame. Also she sucked as a playable character too, anyway.
>>
>>323458624
The entire plot of a supposedly funny game shouldn't revolve around two terrible characters and their painfully bad story arc.
>>
I'd be able to enjoy it if the battle speed weren't so boringly slow
>>
I liked it a lot, but the last level is kinda bs. I stopped playing but I would definitely recommend.

I need a Zelda x EO game now
>>
If this gameplay is anything like EO then EO must fucking suck ass.
>>
Drawing the map is the most tedious and dumbest thing ever
>>
>>323458910

That's what automapping is for.
>>
>>323458883
this game is a shit version of eo, eo is much better
>>
>>323458910
It's fun and you can literally set it to auto-mapping.
Fuck you.
>>
>>323458845
You can increase the battle speed you dimwit.
>>
>>323459006
Etrian Odyseey is boring bland shit. This game is actually enjoyable.
>>
>>323457093
I always have said this was good. It was one of the best games of 2014.

The characterization is hit-or-miss, but that's just the fate of the series post-Golden. Persona 5 will probably be the same way. There are still some neat moments though, like when Ken talks about how the adventure has made him think about forgiving Shinjiro. You have to play the P3 route to get the good stuff.

The gameplay is great and even though some characters are OP you can just not use those characters or strategies if they trigger you that badly. The dungeons all have really great themes to them which is something a lot of dungeon crawlers, especially on Vita, forget to do.

The game has an amazing UI and the soundtrack is really great.
>>
>>323457093
I hate how the most efficent farming is achived thanks to Mudo/Hama
I just dropped it
>>
>>323459143
too hard for you?
>>
>turn based rpg
No thanks I prefer some challenge in my games.
>>
YOU KEEP ON BLINKING AT ME

YOU NEVER TURN AWAY FROM ME

IN THIS VAST GLOOMY NIGHT SKY
>>
>>323459365
No? I would just rather play not-shit ones like Dungeon Travelers 2 and Demon Gaze.
>>
>>323459338
>You have to play the P3 route to get the good stuff.
You mean P4? Because P4 side got much better events in dungeons and the entire thing with Ken and Kanji is on P4 side.
>>
>>323459029

Even the highest setting is slow. It's like the game just hangs between every attack for a second to slow things down.
>>
>>323459345

I dropped it after the third dungeon
>>
>>323458757
>implying he's any different in P3
>>
It's a good game as long as you skip all of the dialogue.

Makes me wish they would just have an original Persona spin off for the 3ds so we can have first person Persona dungeon crawling again.
>>
Because this is

4chan - /butthurt sonygers/

The only place where you can see people defending Persona over main line titles, or MH clones over the real deal
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 226x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 226x320
>>323458757
There is balance, in the MAIN games. In comedy spinoffs all bets are off and it's a creative license to go fucking nuts and reach for all those low-hanging stupid jokes because COMEDY IS NOW THR MAIN POINT.

My favorite waifu is Chie and I liked how she learned to grow as a person in her social link in the main game. When I play a fucking pastel colored spinoff game involving time travel that may as well be non-canon where she looks like a Bratz doll and is making JoJo poses with the rest of the cast, I fully expect and desire to just see her scream about meat and kung fu movies.
>>
But I did. I said "hey, this is pretty fun if a little imbalanced" in some thread like months ago. If you didn't see that, then it's your fault, OP.
>>
>>323459584
how is it shit then?
>>
>>323458271
What, this game was more deep than the others, the fucking plot twist was some hard hitting shit man.
>>
>>323459584

Does your idea of bland mean "not having anime tiddies around every corner"?
>>
>>323457093
It's good but it can be pretty frustrating.
>Second labyrinth
>Covered around half of the first floor in one run
>Everyone is close to 0 sp because I got taken by surprise at one point.
>I don't even remember seeing an item that restore SP like in persona 3 or 4
>Get into combat with 5 enemies
>Can't use my backup team for some reason
>Can't escape combat, and not because I failed ,but because the game tells me I can't escape this fight.
>Everyone eventually dies.
>Have to restart the entire floor
>Close game
I'll pick it up in a month. I was too greedy and I was trying to unlock a shortcut to the stairs and got fucked.
When do I get access to SP consumables?
>>
>>323460463
Megaten games tend to be pretty stingy about SP-healing items in general.
>>
>>323460114
I'm talking the majority of the game, the hard hitting stuff is all at the end.The game was advertised as being a silly spinoff title so that should be what you're expecting. And as another anon said, comedy spinoff can have serious moments too.

It's about the expectations going into a thing. Why complain about Akihiko being a meathead protein fiend? What the fuck were you actually expecting when you looked at the front cover of this game and saw everyone as cartoony bobbleheads? I'll never understand those people. Are they the people who only like P3 because it's dark and edgy? Do they resent the silly and happy moments in P4? Do they just not like fun and humor? I can't understand.
>>
>>323460598
I remember having quite enough in Nocturne though, same with Persona 3&4.
Digital devil saga is the other way around, but at least physical attack could pack quite a punch. In my last fight in PQ, physical was doing pretty much nothing.
>>
>>323460463
how to beat the game:
1. Get Naoto to learn hama and mudo
2. Put a sub persona on her with lots of SP, that SP gets topped up after every battle
3. Hama and/or mudo every random encounter

You can also download the free dlc personas if you really just wanna break the game. Also always bring Goho-Ms and if things start looking bad then just get the fuck out before everyone dies.
>>
>>323461070
What about the non-free persona like Thanatos? Can I use it without being lvl 95 or something? Can you get them from the compendium even if I'm not at the persona's lvl?
>>
>>323460645
>Are they the people who only like P3 because it's dark and edgy? Do they resent the silly and happy moments in P4?

Go take a look at just about any P4 thread ever, someone always comes bitching about 4's mood without fail. And then there's the P1 and 2 people. Of course I'm pretty sure the majority of such people never played either game and just want to stir shit up but whatever.
>>
>>323460829
The thing is all the GOOD SP items are rare and the rest are shit that you can use up in a flash if you're not careful, since the amount of SP they heal is usually fairly small.

P4 had a lot of Peach Pits, but those were shit.
>>
File: punman.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
punman.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
>>323461636
Or you could just say they were the pits.
>>
>>323457093
Because Peraona fanboys generally don't like gameplay
>>
>>323458490
Harsh
>>
>>323457093
It's fine, but it's not a good Etrian Odyssey clone with a Persona theme. So unless you've played both P3 and P4 and you have a knack for the Etrian Odyssey gameplay this is not for you.

If they didn't water down the EO gameplay, it might have been really good. So it's a fanservice game for Persona fans, and that's it.
>>
>>323459584
>not name dropping the only non weeb Dungeon crawler on the Vita
nice job
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.