[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ cares about the runway and high fashion, /sp/ cares about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: esports-betting.jpg (83 KB, 1024x513) Image search: [Google]
esports-betting.jpg
83 KB, 1024x513
/fa/ cares about the runway and high fashion, /sp/ cares about records and the big leagues, /o/ cares about sports and supercars, why don't you guys give a single shit about competitive gaming? Not judging, honestly just confused.
>>
I like fighting games.

Who wants to Third Strike and chill?
>>
>>323455271
Because we don't like the games they play.
>>
>>323455271
I hate the way most esports are modeled. Part of the appeal of video games is that they aren't taken as seriously as sports. It's insane how seriously people take the NFL, NBA, etc. and how much money is being made. Video games shouldn't try to emulate that. I think the Smash community is a good model for competitive games. Players don't get outrageous sums of money, and the events are low key
>>
because its fucking dumb
>>
>>323455271
FGC/Smash is the only tolerable competitive gaming scene all the others try way too hard to be professional sports when they could be their own thing. Shit like The International just looks lifeless compared to shit like EVO, CEO and Apex etc.
>>
>>323459895
>smash
>tolerable
>>
>>323459979
Yes that's what I said
>>
>>323455271

Because no matter what game it is, esports always feels forced.
>>
Because >MOBAs and RTSes

Let me know when there's a scene for games that aren't shit again.
FGC is the only "pro" gaming worth a shit.
>>
I still enjoy some competetive starcraft. I also think its in the best state it has been in as a player/viewer. Hope too see it make a viewership resurgence throughout this year, but i feel that highly depends if the NA scene gets its shit together and become competetive.

Also like to tune into major fighting game events. Really not familar enough with them to know how big of an impact SFV will have in the competetive scene.

Dont care for CS:GO, but happy to see it getting really huge in the past couple years.

Dont care for Dota 2 whatsoever

LoL shitters should kill themselves
>>
Most of /v/ is filled with kids who shy away from anything remotely competetive.
>>
>>323455271
>>323458714
And it's fucking cringy
>>
>>323455271
people do care, just not here but on /vg/
>>
>>323455271
Because it's boring and cringy as fuck.
Supercars are kinda cool, high fashion isn't bad, I can see why someone would like big leagues.

But there's nothing remotely enjoyable about electronic "sports".
>>
>>323459895
>Smash
Agree with pretty much everything else you said though
>>
NA is terrible at esports, Korea/EU always dominate the popular games
>>
>>323455271

Video games are an interaction hobby by nature. Watching other people play video games is lame as fuck.
>>
because competitive games are really fucking gay and this isnt korea
people need to be encouraged to move more in places like the US, not to congratulate them for sitting around even more
>>
>>323463728
>But there's nothing remotely enjoyable about electronic "sports".
How can you see why someone would like big leagues in sports but not e-sports. Both are just getting enjoyment out of watching best people in the world at thing be the best people in the world at thing.
>>
>>323464940
because one is about watching people at peak human ability with national attention and the other is watching people click fast at a screen
>>
I like the idea but can't get into a lot of eSports because there are so many MOBAs and I never know what's going on. There's too much prior knowledge needed to get full enjoyment out of it. Compared to say, football, which I can still watch and enjoy without knowing very much about it.

I did watch Heroes of the Dorm when it was on ESPN and thought that was pretty cool and fun.
>>
File: 1450117786477.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1450117786477.png
11 KB, 211x246
>Colors ingame is Blue vs Purple
>Venue colors is Blue vs Red
>>
>>323465209
Whats it like being stuck in the past gramps? :)
>>
>>323465209
So because one is more popular than the other its inherently better? Because being good at e-sports is just clicking fast at a screen?
>>
>>323466029
cmon, its more entertaining to watch people use their whole bodies than move their hands fast
>>
>>323466154
>watch people use their whole bodies than move their hands fast
If thats what your watching your doing it wrong anon. Also i'm not trying to say one is better than the other just that the reasons people watch the two are inherently the same reasons.
>>
File: 1122325687.png (617 KB, 796x547) Image search: [Google]
1122325687.png
617 KB, 796x547
>>323455271
>why don't you guys give a single shit about competitive gaming?
Because /v/ is full of shitters that suck at vidya and get asshurt when someone is clearly better than they are or gets more attention.
>>
>>323455271
>/fa/ cares about the runway and high fashion
Good fucking joke. Every high fashion thread I created over the years died in a matter of days and only survived for more than 24 hours because I kept bumping it myself.

/fa/ is a bunch of 18 year old high school kids who lack money and taste for fashion and sure as hell dont give a rats ass about high fashion.
>>
>>323466029
that's not what i was implying at all but either way, e-sports are shit
>>
File: 1452313149504.gif (24 KB, 60x95) Image search: [Google]
1452313149504.gif
24 KB, 60x95
>>
>>323467001
>that's not what i was implying at all but either way, e-sports are shit
Well then you are clearly a master at forming arguments and communicating your opinions.
>>
File: 1399286376692.jpg (32 KB, 478x348) Image search: [Google]
1399286376692.jpg
32 KB, 478x348
/v/ is full of salty trashcan players who love to tout how hardcore they are, but in reality they're fucking dogshit at the games they play and get triggered when people who are legitimately good play these games and have fun

Bonus points for early teenager "stop liking (playing) what I don't like" mentality on top of it.

Just look at the amount of ass ravaging that occurs whenever any competitive game gets mentioned.
>>
Because it's an embarrassing joke.
>>
>>323467279
I can assure you, the majority of pro players have very little fun playing these games. They way they play them, fun is just not an option.
>>
>>323455271
There were few competitive games I liked.
The more esportish it become, the more toxic community got and game itself less fun.
I hate esport.
>>
>>323467647
Oh really? My personal experience tells me otherwise.
>>
/fa/ isn't made of runway models, so they look to high fashion.
/sp/ doesn't play sports at NFL/MLB/any football league/olympic standards, so they watch them.
/o/ doesn't race in Formula anything, nor do they race in rally or NASCAR or whatever, so they watch it on tv.

People on /v/ can very easily boot up LoL or SC2 or whatever the fuck and play it themselves, they don't need to watch a gang of neets do it themselves.
Yeah sure we probably don't play at the same level but it's a lot easier than hiring a race course for a day, or trying to get into fashion modelling, or even organizing a casual game of _____ball with some friends.
>>
>>323467231
you dont have to act like a bitch because i dont like e-sports
>>
ASSFAGGOTS is dominating the scene and also happens to be the most boring thing in the fucking world to watch. eSports feels like it only exists for the purpose of giving "gaming gear" companies a place to advertise because their shit is too niche for television advertising to yield them any profit. I don't know what 90% of the team "sponsors" actually do outside of flying teams out to nationals and middlemanning 85% of the payout.

FGC is the only respectable community in eSports that isn't either irrelevant or dead. Even if they lost all sponsorship, people would still play the fuck out of the games and there's enough turnout at majors to amass a decently sized prize pool.
>>
>>323461054
>deadcraft 2
>best state ever
pro starcraft and esports in general was in its best state in the mid to late 2000s when it was on two national tv channels and had major corporate sponsors
>>
>>323460062
Because you're a cancerous tourneyfag who doesn't realize playing a children's party brawler as a serious fightan game is utterly retarded and would probably get wrecked so hard in a real fighting tournament you take refuge in a manbaby franchise.
>>
>>323468252
Moreso meant the flow of gameplay within the entire era of sc2. I dont really disagree with what you said though.
>>
>>323468816
Not very invested in either games 'scene' but why do 'normal' fighting game (SF, KoF, etc.,) people get so salty over smash people calling their game a fighting game?
>>
>>323469167
For the same reason people in any hobby don't want to be associated with retards.
>>
>>323468252
That was happening in Korea, but worldwide, Starcraft 2 was (and is) bigger than Broodwar ever was. Also, back in the 2000s there wasn't a reliable/popular streaming service like twitch is today, so your argument regarding tv channels is invalid; not to mention that there's still a tv channel in Korea broadcasting SC2 and Broodwar.
>>
>>323468816
Why are you so angry?
>>
because most "competitive" gaming is just a bunch of fags playing MOBAs, which are just stupidly dumbed down RTS games
>>
>>323455271
I've seen how they conduct themselves and it's really embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>323455271
Its not fit for competitive grounds as sports are, at least in sports you get called for not knowing shit, not to mention sports follow ONE set of rules since forever which get tweaks according to a committee, games vary and rules are just set by a very small group of people anyways.
>>
>>323465295
prolly leftover from the mlg halo days lmao
>>
>>323469573
This, I wish sc wasnt dead
>>
>>323464185
Is this still a meme?

NA won both dota 2 intrrnational and hots blizzcon tournament. Koreans are also getting dominated in fps.
>>
>>323469456
just because people are watching it in more countries doesn't mean it's bigger. being on tv and having sponsors like banks and airlines is an objectively healthier industry than streaming online and having half your teams sponsored by razer.
>>
Competitive games are pure cancer. And the funniest thing is that the faggots that participate in these shitty tournaments think they're hot shit.
>>
>>323474168
Do you have nasty previous experience you want to get off your chest anon? I'm here for you.
>>
>>323474687
As if, I only play single player games.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.