[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REmake HD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: residentevilremakehd.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
residentevilremakehd.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
This is one of the best Survival Horror games I've played. Yeah I did play the original RE back in the day, this game preserves the formula, expands on it, makes it even harder than the original and improves the horror atmosphere tenfold. Also the tank controls remain the same but with a modern analog stick it's not a hassle. It's fucking brilliant, this is how you do a remake.

Resident Evil thread I guess.

Also do you like the way RE took with RE4 or would rather have a new game in the style of the old games? I really liked RE4 tho.
>>
>Normal mode with Chris would be ultra-hard mode for any other modern game

Jesus
>>
Ten more days until cheerleader Rebecca in glorious HD.
>>
>>323452843
I agree. REmake is amazing.

I appreciated the change of pace RE4 brought. I dig it a lot, the fol games dropped the ball.
>>
>>323452843
I bought this on release and just started playing today. Shit is fun. The restrictive inventory is a nice change of pace.
>>
>>323453237
That confused me at first. I thought the second option was normal and the third option was easy. Turned out they were easy and very easy.
>>
>>323453386

RE4 is a good game, the change in camera angle isn't a problem, they actually made it well since aiming isn't that easy, you're not just pointing a crosshair at enemies and blowing them away, Leon actually shakes a bit like a normal human being and you have to time your shots right, it creates tension when you have a ton of enemies rushing you and you're trying to hit them in the right spots.
>>
>>323453664

I beat the game with Jill and turns out I was doing it on easy, considering the standards of modern games I would believe I was playing on "Normal", it only got easy later on when I had plenty of ammo. Normal actually gives you a bit less ammo and has way more enemies. From an atmosphere perspective I liked how on easy some areas didn't have enemies, it made it eerie for some reason but from a gameplay point of view it's good they add more zombies, which means they'll turn into fucking crimson heads.
>>
>>323452843
>Also do you like the way RE took with RE4 or would rather have a new game in the style of the old games? I really liked RE4 tho.
I like pre-rendered graphics, but I also like how the controls are nowadays.
I think the problem is that they haven't made a setting with good level design, atmosphere matching REmake and actual need to conserve items and avoid enemies.
>>
The part near the end with the fuel canister got me wondering just how the hell Umbrella's employees didn't manage to somehow accidentally blow up the facility transporting that thing.
>>
>>323454867

that was bullshit.

>lol can't run because you will kersplode
>>
>>323454867
Nothing about anything Umbrella does makes any sense
>>
File: wesker mode.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wesker mode.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>tfw this piece of shit is literally just the main story, except Wesker is model-swapped with Billy
>Rebecca even still calls Wesker 'Billy', and Wesker has Billy's voice and lines

The fuck? No wonder those shits kept quiet about it until recently.
>>
>>323453593

You waited 13 years to play a game you bought on release day??
>>
>>323456556

He means the HD version.
>>
>>323452843
Game is very solid, it was my first time playing. That being said I didn't even finish it, shit got so jarring I just gave up. Seemed like it went on forever, I need to give it another go at some point
>>
>>323456319
It literally isn't just a model swap. Have you even looked at the trailer you screencapped?
>>
File: Resident Evil Gameplay.gif (737 KB, 370x322) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil Gameplay.gif
737 KB, 370x322
>Need to solve puzzle on wall but I need at least two free inventory spaces
>Can't drop items or just put them on the ground
>Have to backtrack through several doors to a box and then back to the room

Amazing, I sure missed this old school 'difficulty'.
>>
>>323452843
Honestly, I got more scares from re4 than I did from remake, although me being younger when i played 4 might have something to do with it.
>>
>>323459713
0 fixes that problem
>>
>>323459713
I consider RE more of a Puzzle game than a spooky game. The management of it, and especially with the REmake, are the fun for me.
>>
>>323459329
I didn't screencap anything, that image was from Google Images.

Okay, fine, a model swap with a faster sprint ability.
>>
>>323460282
lol at you for being such a fag, it's incredible
>>
>>323460131
In that case the horror just gets in the way. The zombies can be seen as a ticking clock I suppose, limiting the number of 'moves' you can make as you figure out which items to rub on which part of the game. Unless you want to add MORE steps by backtracking to various kerosene tanks and wasting inventory slots and thus leading to yet more backtracking to store and retrieve puzzle pieces.

Which would all be fine if they had bothered to change the coding so the game doesn't think it has to waste so much time loading every single room. Obviously this was mandatory in the old days but now with my specs it should be able to load the entire mansion in under 20 seconds.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.