[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does "weeb" mean? How does a game's value
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 903x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 903x755
What does "weeb" mean?
How does a game's value lessen when it's somehow "weeb"?
What sort of point or critique is supposed to be made when someone calls something "weeb"?
And why is this board so obsessed with this word?
>>
>>323451081
your image is weeb
>>
>>323451081
Its a meme from a webcomic that got popular here. That literally answers all four questions.
>>
>>323451081
When people call something a weeb game they usually refer to the weeb fanbase to that game, not necessarily an attack on the game itself.
>>
Weeb = Wannabe Japanese

It used to only apply those people who always talk about how Japan is the greatest country on Earth and how they want to move there to meet their waifu or whatever.
Now people use it to describe anyone who watches anime or plays JRPGs.
>>
If a game is weeb it means that it panders to a particular demographic at the expense of any sort of quality or creativity.
>>
File: PBF071-Weeaboo.gif (113 KB, 945x315) Image search: [Google]
PBF071-Weeaboo.gif
113 KB, 945x315
>>
Weebs are people who obsess over japanese culture. Weeb games are games that appeal to weebs.
>>
Don't think about the actual definition of weeb, that doesn't matter anymore. The 4chan definition of weeb is if you give Japan praise or if a thing is from Japan.
>>
>>323451330

Are you saying /v/ uses words wrong constantly without even knowing what the fuck they mean or what they're even talking about to begin with?

GET A LOAD OF THIS KEK!
>>
Weeaboo used to mean someone who unconditionally loved everything japanese and wanted to move to japan while also hating their own country.

Now its used if you played one game from japan in your whole life.
>>
>>323451436

Literally not what weeb means you dumb shitter.
>>
>>323451481
>.gif
>no moving parts
It's like a mobile user made fun of you in the past and this is your revenge. Stop it you autistic faggot.
>>
>>323451569
>knowing what the fuck they mean
Don't you know that definitions are racist things spread by evil CIS white men?
>>
Let's look at the word construction, shall we?
>Weeaboo
>Wee-a-boo
>WEE-a-Boo
>shortened to weeb
>>
File: come the fuck on.png (79 KB, 343x317) Image search: [Google]
come the fuck on.png
79 KB, 343x317
>>
>>323451509
aka shit games with lots of fanservice for people who are into a particular franchise characters.
>>
>>323451436
That's the most silly excuse I've heard to hate a game.
>>
>>323451081
It means anything i dont like
>>
>>323451702
>.gif is only good for animation
Is this bait or do you really know fuck all about image formats?
>>
>>323451081
Weeb is shorthand of weeaboo, which originally meant a guy obsessed with japan and its culture. They often have katanas and watch anime and manga. But over time it has become less derogatory and moreso used to describe anything related to japan or that comes from it.
People used to get pissy over the name but now they self appoint themselves "weeb"
>>
>>323451702
Stop being aggressive in the internet. You might hurt someone's feelings.
>>
>>323451772
kek
>>
>>323451081
It used to refer to people who had shallow interest in Japanese culture, usually because of anime or video games. Nowadays on /v/ it's just another buzzword similar to 'meme game' that people use to discredit games they haven't actually played.
>>
"weeb/weeaboo" has a much of a meaning these days as "edgy" does. It's a buzzword for a Japanese game you don't like here.
>>
>>323451081
>What does "weeb" mean?
Just get rid of this entire board already.
>>
>>323451807
>The developer would rather spend time to make shallow pandering than actually make a quality game.
>A silly excuse to hate a game.
>>
I mean it's just a buzzword like overrated that people say when they don't have a legit gripe about a game. Or they've never played it. I mean some stuff if pretty objectively weeb-y like Persona (I like Persona but c'mon it absolutely is) but around here it's just another way to complain mostly
>>
>>323451081
Weeb usually means someone who hates western culture, hates other human beings, and wants to live in an anime world with his "waifu"
>>
>>323451793
AKA game I don't like that happens to be from Japan. AKA I don't have the vocabulary to explain a well thought out opinion on the subject, but I still want to let everyone know how I feel. This is where the word weeb comes in.
>>
>>323451081
>What does "weeb" mean?
Wapanese.
>>
>>323451436
So Western games are weeb now for pandering to SJWs?
>>
>>323452725
Yes
>>
>>323451081
It means opinion is thrown into the trash.
>>
>>323451081
Why'd you post beast boy?
>>
>>323451081

>It means japshit
>It lessens it's value because japs only have 1 anime artist in the entire country that does everything which is why it all looks the same. He also only knows how to draw little girls or little boys which is why you never see actual adults saving the world, or any adults ever actually, in weeb games
>It means it's garbage familia
>why are you so obsessed with penis faggot?
>>
File: 1429978552048.jpg (62 KB, 563x701) Image search: [Google]
1429978552048.jpg
62 KB, 563x701
>>323452884
>>
To filter who enjoys anime style japanese games or not.
>>
>>323453106
>all anime looks the same
>the most popular anime (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and DBZ) all have artstyles that are distinct from each other

Shiggy.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.