[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Oliver_Swanick.jpg (161 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
Oliver_Swanick.jpg
161 KB, 800x572
What was the point of this character?
>>
>>323450191

>>323450191
Bethesda wanted to prove what a greedy little shit you are
>>
Suffering
>>
He's actually a sort of tech demo.

He was the only NPC programmed to feel pain.
>>
>>323451321
Someone please post the webm, I never bothered to save it
>>
>>323451457
Me neither, sorry anon.
>>
>>323450191
Nipton was full of terrible people and this guy was to show how terrible they were and how little they cared about other things other than their own survival. Also it's fun killing him in different ways.
>>
File: oliver swanick.webm (3 MB, 720x420) Image search: [Google]
oliver swanick.webm
3 MB, 720x420
>>323451457
>>323451720
>>
Bye. :|
>>
What kind of lottery did he win?
>>
>Yiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuu won the lottery? I DID!

Quality Redditsidian writing.
>>
>>323450191
he won
>>
>>323450191
Who won the lottery?
>>
>>323450191
To make you wonder what he was talking about.
The lottery was in fact how the Legion determined who to kill.
He was happy he won because it meant he got to leave the city alive.
>>
>>323450191
To remind people of the cruelty and barbary of the Legion, which would brutally murder simple bystanders to the atrocities committed by some people of Nipton, while allowing a litteral murderer and convict to walk away freely

Or just because they wanted to add an insufferable faggot players could have fun murdering
>>
>>323452669
The Legion lottery. The prize is not being killed.
>>
>>323452713
>his face while saying that

goddamnit obsidian write dialogue that makes sense given the engine limitations or at least try to work around them.
>>
To provide a setup to walking into Nipton and witnessing the Legion's cruelty for the first time.
>>
>>323453016
>tfw he used to break my game for some reason if he came too close and/or started talking to me so murder was the only option
>>
>>323451193
bethesda didn't make the game
>>
File: 1337689263161.jpg (523 KB, 1200x904) Image search: [Google]
1337689263161.jpg
523 KB, 1200x904
Never played Fallout, but googled this guy and listened to his voice clips and was pretty surprised to hear Luke.
>>
>>323453485
Dude, its Yuri Lowenthal. He voices EVERYONE.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.