[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be hype so bad for this. Especially since it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: thedivision.png (506 KB, 632x362) Image search: [Google]
thedivision.png
506 KB, 632x362
I want to be hype so bad for this. Especially since it's on PC. But I just can't trust the French-Canadians.
>>
>enemies are bullet sponges

what killed the hype for me.
>>
>>323449480

this is the absolute worst shit in shooters these days
bring back Soldier of Fortune pinpoint damage and levels of gore
>>
>>323449185
same boat here, everyone is aware of the ubi. everytime i say i want it, my coworkers say, "but it's ubisoft" still gonna buy it because theres no way i wont have $60 worth of fun. borderlands with less memes is what i'm hoping for
>>
>>323449185
it feels as if ubi have given up on the game

haven't heard much from it since it was first revealed
>>
I don't care who it's by.

>Uplay

That should be the main reason.
>>
I work on the game but can't really say much due to NDA. I've worked on it for over a year and I think people will enjoy it, especially if you liked the idea behind Destiny. There will be more marketing for it soon.
>>
>>323451301

While being some pleb level quality assurance tester is still technically working on the game, I wouldn't exactly wear it on my sleeve.
>>
>>323451697

How am I "wearing it on my sleeve" while posting on an anonymous board? I'm not trying to start an AMA, just saying that it's a fun game.
>>
File: 1439128233280.jpg (48 KB, 387x357) Image search: [Google]
1439128233280.jpg
48 KB, 387x357
>>323449185
>Ubisoft
>any large project that's remotely ambitious

Ayy lmao enjoy you're clusterfuck. They can't even keep Rainbow Six Siege stable despite being a fairly simple game in terms of scope.

This shit is going to be Watchdogs 2.0 in terms of disappointment.
>>
>>323451697
Why not?
I've been tester in a small game company and it's a perfectly legit job.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
am i literally the only person on this planet that is excited for pic related
>>
>>323452524
Wasn't that cancelled or something?
>>
>>323452524
>excited for a vertical slice

It looks cool but I'm cautiously optimistic
>>
>>323452686
no i think its well underway to be released this year

>>323452814
yeah i never claimed id be preordering
but fucking ghost recon is back baby!
and with less blue cyber shit
>>
>>323450923
What's the problem with uplay?
I played a lot of rainbow six lately and didn't had a single issue with uplay.
>>
>>323449480
>online focus
is what killed it for me
>>
>>323452814
>vertical slice
u wot?
>>
>>323453090

People mostly hate uplay because it's yet another content DRM. They want everything to be just Steam.
>>
>>323453190
>vertical slice

http://www.whatgamesare.com/vertical-slice.html
>>
>>323453416
>http://www.whatgamesare.com/vertical-slice.html
oh i see,
well wildlands isnt that

its actually pretty far into development
if anything id prefer it to be a vertical slice, because the concept is neat and doesnt need to be rushed.
but since its ubi itll be rushed which is my only fear for this
>>
>>323449185
Why do you want to hype OP? Hype never did any good... Just wait a couple of months till all the patches and reviews roll in. My backlog can carry me into 2017, no need to chase anything
>>
>>323449185
It just looks like a tech demo. I wish that they would hold to their parity rule. It would make everyone happy from PC down to XBOXONE. This isn't an actual game.
>>
>>323453683
>"le /thread post"
No really, /thread
>>
Apparently it's a Destiny but good.
>>
>>323454408
This is what I keep hearing as well.

If you're not sure about what the game will be like then go get the beta key from Amazon.
>>
>>323453683
being hyped is fun
I miss it too
>>
>>323454608
I already have the beta.
>>
>>323454408

Oh man, I hope it is
>>
>>323454674
That line was for everyone else.
>>
>>323454117
>wouldn't
Fuck. The first time I saw it I thought it look pretty cool. Then I remembered it was Ubisoft. This game is never coming out anyway.
>>
>>323455015

Do you have to use Uplay if I play on PS4?
>>
>>323453226
Not necessarily steam, but:
1. Steam (most of the library). Yay.
2. Origin. Ugh. But I do like me some of that sweet BF3 and enjoyed BF4 although doesn't much less time. Also Dead Space 3. Got bored of ME by the time of ME3.
3. Battle net. Pfft. But long time fan of Diablo and StarCraft.
4. Galaxy, very optional - respect CD ptoject, they steam to be one of the nicer companies around.
5. Uplay? No really, every fucking publisher is going to shove their drm platform down my throat now? Ubi just has the weakest lineup, so fucking them.

It's that proverbial straw that broke camels back. Ubi is too late, and their lineup is too weak, so fucking their shit. I'm not going to install yet another drm manager
>>
>>323455015

March 8th

>>323455604

It's the most lightweight and least annoying of the bunch though
>>
>>323455673
Not when it's running on top of steam? I mean it's OK if people use uplay by itself, but if I buy game via steam, which already has drm, updater, social features, and ubi still requires me to launch their stuff on top - that's just saying " fuck you customer, we don't respect your choice". It's the same kind of retarded shit like amazon requiring you do disable Android security features and download apk instead of going through Google play store.
>>
>>323449480
I hate this too, is it to hard to make a simple hit detector?

>Hit in the chest near heart
>lose a lot of health
>Hit in the arm
>cant aim well
>Hit in the leg
>cant walk

But no they always just make damage less for body shots and make you have to get headshots.
>>
>>323456249

I agree that it's a pain in the ass. But in the end it's about publishers not wanting to give Valve 20-30% of their sales. It's not unreasonable.
>>
This is not made by ubisoft, it's made by Massive, the creators of World in Conflict.

ubisoft is just the publisher
>>
>>323457412
I understand that part. Which is why EA doesn't even publish their games on steam for example. They may be dicks, but it's their game, and they are free to do as they see fit. They don't pay steam, and at no time am I running two drm systems to launch a game.

But uplay is in another boat. I do party through steam, so ubi still losses that money, but now I'm also such with two drm systems running on top of each other.
>>
>>323449480
World in Conflict was awesome, I hope they show the same high level of quality with this game. Cautiously optimistic right now.

>>323457152

having realistic damage doesn't really make sense in an RPG-like game though
>>
>>323458792
>having realistic damage doesn't really make sense in an RPG-like game though
which is why rpgs with guns is kind of dumb if its multiplayer
>>
>>323458792
>having realistic damage doesn't really make sense in an RPG-like game though
Except every PnP, roguelike, MUD, and actual RPG ever you fucking faggot.
>>
>>323459131

Why are you so angry? Pathetic

>>323459094

I agree, I'd rather just have a squad based TPS in an open world.
>>
File: 1423528009738.png (83 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1423528009738.png
83 KB, 342x245
>>323449185
>being hyped for videogames anymore
I wish I was, now im just hopeful because I've been burned to many times
>>
>>323457975
I had no idea. Every time I saw it Ubisoft's logo was everywhere. Cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>323461596
pic related is ubisoft massives' library

not actually that cool looking,
id be more optimistic if they were working on a rts game
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.