[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why would'nt it flop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
Far Cry is 99% about gunplay

suddenly no guns
>>
It's like Skyrim with gu--

Oh, well shoot.
>>
>>323443435
It's Skyrim with guns without guns.

4/10, pass.
>>
not anymore fago, it's called innovation sorry you can't handle it
>>
>>323443386
>making stupid AI do your kills
>the game literally plays itself

Pottery.
>>
Will probably under perform on their expectations unless they've set them low
Normalfags want to play freeroam shooters where they get to blow shit up.
Playing as cavemen doesn't interest them
>>
I'm expecting the generic Arc survival shit from countless Unreal engine games in the past few years but with more polish
>>
When are they going to give Far Cry a fucking overhaul.

FC4 was already a reskin of FC3 and now this. A reskin of FC4.

Literally just removed everything from Kyrat and called it Oros. Slap a few different textures here and there, done.

The melee combat will fucking suck and you know it. Gameplay looks like ass, press X to tame and let your FUCKING OWL BOMB PEOPLE.

FUCK I MAD. It was a nice idea and all but shit, Far Cry isn't the game for this.
>>
>>323443770
let those 3 words sink in

games now feature

owls bombing people

>whats next???
>>
>>323443770
>owls bombing people
>somehow a bad thing
>>
>>323443386

Can u throw rocks?
>>
Why are they wasting time doing anything other than making Blood Dragon 2?
>>
>>323444382
Ubisoft.

That's just the way they are.
>>
File: blind archers.jpg (27 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
blind archers.jpg
27 KB, 580x326
>people pretending to be retarded
>>
When are they going to bother going back to the plot of Far Cry 1?
>>
They took the Shangri-la missions from Far Cry 4 and made its own game.
but instead of the same price as Blood Dragon, they priced it full.
>>
What an uninteresting game geez. When will big game companies break the mold and release something exciting? As time goes by, I see more and more cash-in's, nothing interesting anymore. Re-skins, reboots, playing it safe, getting more money with less effort. Money, money, money. I know that's how companies work, but god damn it.
>>
>>323443386
>tfw they make a automatic slingshot that explodes
>>
>>323444849
i am not even sure i'll torrent this owl bombing game
>>
>>323444849
I just want a recreation of Halo for PC.
>>
Should have just been a short standalone thing like blood dragon. This concept isn't interesting enough with this type of gameplay to justify playing a full length open world game.
>>
>>323444758
you mean you wouldn't like edgy insane villain #3 primeval boogaloo?
>>
>>323445087
its the brainchild of some 21 year old mba at ubisoft who never touched a game...
>>
Wait, is this real?
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 906x906) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 906x906
>>323443386
Half way through the game you'll discover a gun cache and a hologram explaining how to use them.
It turns out you are not in the past, but in the future after an apocalyptic event.

Don't ask me how guns have survived without corrosion or can fire without maintenance for so long. Or why the sabre toothed tiger and woolly mammoth cam back into existence.
>>
>>323445087
You mean it's not a short thing?

Why did they force Blood Dragon into a short thing but decided this shit should be full length?
>>
>>323443386
I like the concept of playing in the stone age. Not enough games in that setting.

I can't help but feel it'll be a disappointment though.
>>
>>323445372

>Don't ask me how guns have survived without corrosion or can fire without maintenance for so long.
The guns are entirely plastic and solid-state.

>Or why the sabre toothed tiger and woolly mammoth cam back into existence.
Resurrected by arrogant humans, who then succumbed to a prehistoric animal apocalypse.

Step it up famalam.
>>
>>323445415
Blood Dragon already pushed the joke to it's limit, more of it would be overstaying it's welcome.
>>
>>323443386
Great now a reskin of the Shangri-la sections from far cry 4 (which was a reskin of far cry 3). FFS I'd rather have another blood dragon fuck this primal shit the melee combat was fucking awful and now thats going to be a big focus of the game
>>
>>323445372
>Don't ask me how guns have survived without corrosion or can fire without maintenance for so long.
You underestimate the durability of guns.
And the ability to store them for a long time.

Other than the aged finish of the stock and the 1942 stamped on the receiver there'd be no way you could tell it's 74 years old.
>>
This is the most interesting concept for a game coming out in the near future. Im going to pick it up to check it out regardless of how it turns out, I'm interested to see how it'll work
>>
>>323446215
Or the flintlokcs the Dogon tribesmen still use to hunt animals to this day. Gotta love the Dogon.
>>
No coop, no buy.
>>
>>323443386
For me the explosives and cars make Far Cry what it is, so I'm not wasting my time with Uplay on this.
>>
>>323443386
A dev (maybe fake) came here and said aliens will come and you will use their weapons.
>>
File: 1099007265.gif (347 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1099007265.gif
347 KB, 160x120
>>323443386
>you tame animals by holding a button for 5 seconds and you can summon it wherever to kill everything
>the hawk or eagle or whatever it was can literally be used to drop bombs on enemies
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.