[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last of Us. Is it really one of the best games ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Last of Us.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Last of Us.png
1 MB, 1280x720
The Last of Us.

Is it really one of the best games ever made? Is it worth buying?
>>
Best game ever made? No.

Worth buying? It should be cheap now, so yes. It's still a good game.
>>
>>323442115
han solo's son is the villain at the end of the last of us he kills his father han solo you have to kill him or nuke the commonwealth
>>
>>323442115

Good game people overrate the intro scene doe
>>
>>323442115
>>323442192
>>323442507
>game
>>
Not the best game of all time, but it's worth buying, great multiplayer
>>
It's worth playing
>>
Does the game not feature much gameplay or something? I always hear it being criticized for lack of gameplay.
>>
>>323443060
It actually has way more gameplay than other games like it. The dlc is shit for the most part though. The multiplayer is purdy awesome.
>>
>>323443164
Is it better than Uncharted 2, or Resident Evil 4?
>>
As someone who got it for free, it's not even worth your time. Just a bland, forgettable TPS with poor AI and predictable plot.
>>
>>323443060
It has lots of gameplay comparably to the first half of the Tomb Raider reboot but with less QTEs. Ammo and supplies remain scarce throughout the game instead of turning you in to a one man army and there's more focus on trying to be sneaky than having a shootout. You really don't go Rambo until the very end and it's still better to keep in cover and focus on stealth kills.

I wish I knew where memes like >>323442547 came from. Maybe they only played the first 5 minutes and quit before the time skip.

Multiplayer is fantastic, DLC is shit, entirely optional, and introduces the worst and most unlikable "best friend" of the 7th gen.
>>
>>323443336
I thought it was a lot better than UC2 but that's about it. Game looks really good though, IMO.
>>
>>323443392
See. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Game Informer magazine ranked it the best PS3 game.

What, in your opinion, was the best game of the last generation?
>>
>>323442115
Great game anon. Over rated a tad it, but it still has a lot going for it. Worth a play through or two on grounded.
>>
it's like ten bucks everywhere, just get it and see for yourself
>>
>>323443336
I personally can replay it over uncharted 2. They're some clearly walking moments, but it's pretty well paced. I guess my only problem is even on harder difficulties the stealth isn't that deep. But the shooting mechanics, they delivered on all fronts. They said they wanted to emulate that scene on in no country for old men when they're shooting shotguns at each other at the dead of night. They did good.
As for resi 4, eh. Kinda different they're. Last of us is more grounded. I play each one for very different reasons.
>>
>>323442115
Don't listen to /v/.

It's a great game.
>>
>>323443453
Very informative post. I appreciate it! Lack of gameplay is my biggest fear. I have high hopes it does a good job of blending gameplay together with story, which I understand it does.
>>
>>323443635
There's plenty of gameplay BUT don't expecting to be running head first in to an infested town mowing down clickers like Walking Dead. There's a lot of focus on exploration and light puzzle solving that's great on your first playthrough, but might irritate you on a second when you're better equipped and just want to kill shit. I guess lots of games suffer from that though.
>>
>>323443635
There is gameplay, but it's linear and repetitive. Beautiful hallways and shanking with an adequate story.
>>
>>323443060
It has gameplay. But most of it is just walking with nothing interesting happening.
>>
>>323443846
>linear and repetitive
How do you figure?

With options for settings traps, flanking reminiscent of Gears, or going for stealth takedowns, I thought there was a lot of variety in how to approach enemies. The only time it ever got repetitive was as Ellie during that one part where she gets interrupted while hunting.
>>
>>323442273
Underrated post
>>
I personally couldn't get a grasp on it.

Everything just seemed like a massive chore.
>>
>>323442115
No it's edgy as fuck and the gameplay is repetitive and boring
>>
Unless the game got AMAZING after the flooded subway, it's just a good game, not great.

I played it up until then and while I enjoyed the opening scene in the house when shit started hitting the fan, I felt the rest of the game, up until past the flooded subway, was meh.

The problem I had with it was that it was too linear and there is no big town to explore, no hubs of NPCs and characters to interact with. I almost wish they prolonged the prologue, because I'd enjoy a game with the suburban setting as things started to go wrong. Like make contact with neighbours, barricade houses, set up perimeter defenses etc.
>>
>>323444176
Traps were useless and you know it. Everything else is shanking and take-downs, which had a nice animations but were ultimately the same mechanic with different masks. Hope that was clear enough.
>>
>>323442115
awesome game. just buy it.
>>
>>323444290
That's because the intro was the only unique thing about the game. Rarely do we see the biological apocalypse as it unfolds, but after that it was all cliches again.
>>
>>323444398
Traps become useful in multiplayer where the gameplay really shines.
>>
>>323444795
>>
>>323444236
>I didn't play the game
>>
>>323444398
It was actually extremely vague and I'm half convinced you didn't play the game. Shanks are defensive tools with the right skill and are otherwise only used either against infected or to upgrade weapons, and you're completely ignoring the importance flanking and maneuvering around enemies that can absolutely ruin your shit if you turn a blind corner.
>>
>>323444236
>edgy as fuck
pffahahaha
>>
>>323442115
>Best game ever made?
No
>Worth buying?
I rented it so I would say it's "worth a try." Game was pretty good and I usually don't like zombie games. Because I didn't buy it I didn't get to play multiplayer so someone else needs to judge that.
>>
>>323442115
>Is it really one of the best games ever made?
No, but it's one of the best games of its year.
> Is it worth buying?
Yes, absolutely.
>>
File: 1434589799282.png (258 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1434589799282.png
258 KB, 600x600
>>323447405
>trying to squeeze in the last meme before the thread dies

Not on my watch. The privilege belongs to me.
>>
>Hear people say Joel is a piece of shit
>Wonder why they say that, figure he probably leaves Ellie to her fate at the end to save his own skin
>He does the exact opposite

Why are you guys such cucks? Any father would have done that to save their daughter
>>
Campaign's boring but the multiplayer is good.
>>
File: 5555555.jpg (92 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
5555555.jpg
92 KB, 878x814
>best game ever made
hahahahahahahaahah
>worth buying
yes
>>
>>323447982
>5
>actually 2
Could Mozart still be alive?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.