[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infamous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: kessler.png (401 KB, 627x299) Image search: [Google]
kessler.png
401 KB, 627x299
Kessler did nothing wrong
>>
2>1>SS

Do we agree?
>>
>>323441802
Yes
>>
>>323441802

2 > SS > 1

Only because InFamous 1 crashed on me and killed my save data, and Second Son cockteased R.O.D. paper powers after a ton of boring quests and you're stuck with a stupid paper mask.
>>
>>323441802
2>FoB>1>SS>FL
>>
>>323441802
no way jose
1 was way better than 2
plus i hate the southern setting
>>
File: Now listen here.jpg (79 KB, 514x429) Image search: [Google]
Now listen here.jpg
79 KB, 514x429
>>323441754
He LITERALLY did everything wrong
>>
I still don't get the whole time line thing, if you play the game as evil then where does Kessler come from? Since you've already altered the time-line by being an asshole.

It only makes sense for Kessler to appear if you play through the good side.
>>
>>323441802
1 > 2
2's Cole was terrible.

The Good Bad mechanic in the game ensures that each of the main characters is bipolar but in 2 Cole's motivations made no sense. He would go against your chosen alignment in scenes willy nilly. In 1 it was clear that Cole was a bad person, even if you did good things. Every choice was him wanting to do the bad option but you could do the good. In 2 he flipped back and forth awkwardly. Especially in the power sharing plot. If playing Good: Kuo didn't want to do it, Cole didn't want to do it. It is established that doing it is the bad option, but even the good option forces both characters to end up going "YEAH LET'S DO IT".

SS felt even worse about it, and even brought the main villain in on it. When Augustine states her plan, I couldn't help but go "yeah, that actually makes sense" except that she firmly established herself as comically evil and incompetent in her first appearance with your tribe.
>>
>>323442181
Maybe it's like DBZ with trunks.
>>
>>323441802

Pretty much. Infamous 2 had more satisfying karma endings, Second Son was decent but it never really felt like you were being evil...just an douchebag asshole.

Spoilers, Reggie seems to die the same way regardless of the path you play which is a huge dropped ball in my opinion. They missed a huge opportunity for Reggie to come after and try and stop you, forcing you to kill him. Would be much more rewarding for the evil playthrough, and shocking. For him to say "i'm so proud of you" after you've already killed innocent people is just stupid.
>>
>>323442181
He is from a different timeline where things went one way. He has gone to your universe to make sure they don't happen again.

His timeline is beyond help. You can't change the past. He is trying to change someone else's future. It's ultimately altruistic. He just wants Trish to be safe, even if it is somecole else's Trish.
>>
>>323442181
Kessler is a time traveler that went on a one way trip back to the past so he could massacre current day you into getting powerfull enough for what needed to be done and save your world.

He is you, but before you, its like a different version of you that has already gotten powers, failed to beat the beast and went back in time. He is not a controllable Cole that failed and went back in time, and that's probly what's making you spout that giberish.

You going Evil does not stop him from existing, he already does, its just what he wants you to do, become powerful. Even if you naturally are a prick, he wants you to be even more powerful.
>>
I'm so dissapointed that they STILL havent made quick swap powers yet and power combos.

How fucking hard is it for them to just make it so if you push l3 or r3 You swap into different powers and can combo with one another.
>>
>>323443305
At this point anon I would be happy if the first powers were as viable as the last. Making smoke irrelevant in SS hurts my ass as I really enjoyed that.
>>
>>323442430
1>2

In terms of story absolutely.

The problem with Cole is that he willy nilly does a lot of sudden mind changes which serve the karma mechanic but seem pretty stupid. He completely got over his gfs death from the first game but also doesn't give a shit about Kuo. It makes more sense that since Kessler kills his "human" gf before they have a family, Cole would have less of an intensive to save humanity. Kessler was grieving not only for his wife but also his kids. Kuo Cole's mutant gf should have tipped him over to the mutant side. I mean, Kessler in his attempt to motivate COle, kills his wife before it's his wife and doesn't consider the possibility that it pushes Cole over to the mutant side because no kids. On the human side Cole only has a douchbag friend.

How the game should have ended: Cole saves humanity but in his last moments he sees Kuo dead besides him and he thinks how he failed to save both women in his life. So just in Kessler fashion, he uses his last power, time travel to go back in time and make his old self side with the beast by making it seem like a member of the militia kills Zeek, his only tie to humanity.

Infamous 2 good ending had no twists, it was stupidly altruistic.
>>
>>323443305
>quick swap powers

this. they made 3 games and they still think people will play the game twice to use both karma powers. it's a very stupid idea.
>>
>>323443640
it will also make Trish death pointless, undermining Cole's love to her. Kuo is not his "mutant GF" they don't have any chemistry, Kuo is broken after she becomes a mutant, if anything Cole is her therapist, next thing you'll say Nyx is his mutant GF.

Good ending had logical conclusion to character arcs and made total sense, while evil ending was a bit forced with "I can't do it anymore" and Cole sudden;y becoming an Antichrist.

Most of what you put there is wanting a bit more edgy coickbook story by le legion.

2 story is fine as it is, it's less comic book and I was put off by that at first, but when it gets going it goes full speed. Moral choices were bollocks, they became bollocks by the end of the first game, at least you started altruistic\egoist(feed the whole block\have enough food to last you a month), but spiralled down into retardation(killing people for what they give you anyway).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.