[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Under-appreciated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: wet.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wet.jpg
513 KB, 1920x1080
Under-appreciated
>>
Stop shilling this Tarantino wanna be garbage. It's not under appreciated it's just bad.
>>
>>323440195
It was fun yes and I enjoyed it but the game is objectively shit m8.
>>
>>323440195

I played this for about 3 hours then stopped. Can't quite remember why.
>>
>>323440491
>It was fun
>I enjoyed it
>the game is objectively shit
You're saying one of two things here. You're either saying you think the game is good but you're still trying to somehow fit in with the general opinion due to a lack of courage, or you're saying you recognize having shit taste.
>>
What if there was a game with a big muscle man on the cover and the name of the game was "ERECT"?
>>
>>323440762
I am saying that the game appealed to me in some way because it had some elements that I personally liked but the game, ran, looked and played like shit. I wouldn't reccommend it.

You must be very new to video games if you can't comprehend the idea of liking for subjective reasons something that is objectively not very good.
>>
>>323440195
I wanted to like it but it's too bad
>>
>>323440986
It'd be gay
>>
File: art-of-remember-me-hc[1].jpg (113 KB, 575x766) Image search: [Google]
art-of-remember-me-hc[1].jpg
113 KB, 575x766
>>
File: 1-JohnLloyd.jpg (947 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1-JohnLloyd.jpg
947 KB, 1280x720
>>323440762

You can enjoy shitty things anon.

The kusoge term is often for bad games that people enjoy anyway
>>
>>323440195
>>323441608
Both are shit but dem asses
>>
>>323441271
You must be very new to criticism if you think something can be "objectively good".

What "objectively good" means is that better people than you (i.e. people with better genes, life experiences, and knownledge and experience of the subject at hand) think (i.e. "subjectively") that it's good.

So what you're saying is you recognize you have shit taste. Or you're failing to understand that a critic can be more nuanced than "it's shit" or "it's awesome".
>>
>>323440195
I always found her face in this cover art distractingly badly done. Her eyes are at two different heights and the shading makes it look like her features are all squashed together instead of looking foreshortened.
>>
>>323441771
Remember Me wasn't as bad as Wet though.
It was just mediocre
>>
>>323442081
You're a huge fucking faggot.

There are objective criteria of criticizm or at the very least something that aproaches it. If something is very functional and gets the job done very well we can say that it's objectively a good mechanic.

And there are subjective criteria that are more personal, as in arstyle, characters, originality of gameplay, sound track and atmosphere.

Wet is a game with outdated gameplay, outdated graphics, shit story, it's unpolished and the last boss is a fucking QTE. It's objectively not very good. But the Tarantino atmosphere, the ass, the music and the $5 price I paid for it made this game very enjoyable for me. It's shit, I recognize it's shit but I liked it.

Here's an example of good game I don't like because of subjective reasons : Mario 3D World. The game is polished, the gameplay is top notch, the level design is good but I didn'r like it because I didn't like the artsyle and the way the game is constructed. Game is good, but I don't like it.

Shit taste would mean thinking outdated unpolished gameplay is good because you had "fun" with the game overall.
>>
File: death_by_degrees.jpg (126 KB, 537x955) Image search: [Google]
death_by_degrees.jpg
126 KB, 537x955
>>323440195
>tfw german
>it's censored
>>323441608
this game is pretty solid

Also pic related.
Tekken people should make a sequel now that modern action games have a more established control style.
>>
File: wet face.jpg (25 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
wet face.jpg
25 KB, 249x249
>>323440195
To be honest, I agree.

The art was really good, the setting surprisingly well executed, and the soundtrack was god tier. Gameplay was average though, despite some good ideas, and the end boss was a fucking QTE.

There was great potential out of this studio, but Bethesda ruined it as usual. There was some discussion with devs at some point who explained all the things they attempted but were cockblocked by Bethsoft. It was supposed to have much more than what was delivered, and was more of a Metroidvania kind of game, with a more precise control scheme and zero QTEs.

The infamous car chase was at some point entirely freeform and devoid of QTEs.
>>
>>323440195
The ending is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>323440195
Certainly not that piece of shit, it was atrocious.
>>
>>323440195
Nah the fact that you even like that turd makes it over-appreciated.
>>
>>
>>323440195
It was John Woo's Stranglehold with boobs and the average gamer hated the shit out of Stranglehold. What made the publisher think marketing was going to change that?

Still had fun with it outside some of the later platforming.
>>
>wet
>not a lesbian game

Disappointed
>>
>>323447271
Trying to bomb the installments near the warzones was a pain in the ass, but fun as fuck.
>>
File: AlientShooterVengeance_front.jpg (82 KB, 640x912) Image search: [Google]
AlientShooterVengeance_front.jpg
82 KB, 640x912
The whole Alien Shooter series gets ignored despite being a pretty entertaining take on the 'Diablo with guns' formula.
>>
>>323447271
The only thing i remember about that game is that Bianca Beuchamp modeled one of the burlesque dancers
>>
>>323440762
>you're saying you recognize having shit taste
There is literally nothing wrong with having shit taste. The problems arise when you pretend that the shit you like is good.
>>
>>323447271

I liked this game desu. id say its just average but i do like its setting
>>
File: Warriors Of The Lost Empire.jpg (172 KB, 640x1095) Image search: [Google]
Warriors Of The Lost Empire.jpg
172 KB, 640x1095
The PSP had goodgaems. WotLE is a bare bones but well balanced action brawler.
>>
>>323440986
>>323447741

Wet as in wetwork, as in assassinations
>>
>>323440195
>Baby you drive me insane!

That was the only good part, and the only thing I'm grateful for playing Wet, that I got to know the Arkhams.
>>
File: Star Trek Legacy.jpg (118 KB, 640x906) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Legacy.jpg
118 KB, 640x906
Everybody crapped on this game for not being Bridge Commander 3. Than and all the captains turned out crappy voice work even though Bethesda paid them well for the privilege.
>>
>>323448331
i like the first one, should i try this?
>>
>>323448852
Lesbian erotic assassinations would be great
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.