[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does the users of /v/ think of Dying Light? Give a full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
What does the users of /v/ think of Dying Light?
Give a full detail opinion.

Don't shitpost
>>
>>323439502
>Playing Be the Zombie is great
>>
>>323439502
It was fun for a while on coop.
My only problem was the weapons breaking way too fast and limited repairs.
>>
was a OK game to fill the time, completly forgot i even played it for a while until i read this post.
>>
>>323439786
I don't know, limited repairs made sense. You can't fix something forever it would make it too OP. Also they gave a skill were sometimes the repairs won't be used at all.
>>
It's fun.
The world was nice to run around in and it felt alive. Difficulty too low though, even at highest difficulty you could still beat up the mutants or whatever they were.
Would've loved for some customization other than skins, especially in coop since it quickly gets confusing having 4 clones running around.
>>
I liked it
probably my GOTY 2015
>>
Lots to do, free running is generally smooth and makes crossing the map for fetch quests less of a chore. Combat is simple but enjoyable with the movement options. First impressions are a bit rough but once you get a few levels under your belt the upgrades make the game waaaay more enjoyable. Grappling hook unlocks at 12 and adds a dash of just cause to the mix at least for your movement (you can grapple down to break falls) If you can get it cheap it's worth it especially with the Following coming out in Feb
>>
You will die of boredom before the end of it, guaranteed.
>>
I really like it, free running is fun and the combat is really fun, very good atmosphere and spooky missions to anyone who can hear this, your situation is dire. The only thing I absolutely hated was the final boss "fight"
>>
It falls into the same traps every open world game does.

Focused too much on arbitrary side missions for arbitrary upgrades you don't really need (until you do)

Terrible balancing, either you're getting destroyed or it's a complete cakewalk.

Being overpowered doesn't feel fun

Giant second area of the game doesn't offer anything new
>>
>>323439502
Bought it on sale for me and my boyfriend

It's very cool. The parkour is very well done and there's coop. I think it's a very complete game.

Invasions are kinda bullshit though, they favor the invader too much.

I think the mix of zombies and parkour was really cool, gives off a "survival" feeling really well.

It tends to run like ass on amd systems though but we're both running intel so we're good.
>>
>>323440521
>It tends to run like ass on amd systems though

Ran fine on my 290x

I didn't really like the game but it being poorly optimized isn't one of my complains
>>
>>323440618

I'm obviously talking about cpus
>>
>>323440618
Can someone explain how do invasions work?
I mostly turn off online in campaign and play be the zombie in some matches? Are you the invasion?
>>
It's alright, better with friends like everything else. Special enemies are bullshit on NG+ Hard mode.
>>
>>323440475
>Being overpowered doesn't feel fun
This is the major flaw that'll probably ring true for anyone who has played it.
It severely lacked a balance between challenge and fun.
I would much prefer to get that feel of actually being chased during night, and having to calculate the options for resource-retrieval/scavenging during day in accordance to the density of zombies in the area and so forth.
But it just ends up falling flat in that regard.
Reaching the 2nd area, with the more modern city tileset, somewhat addressed this however.
>>
>>323439502
It was great right up until the final boss QTE garbage.
>>
>>323440983

You can still avoid 99% of encounters. Even at night

I don't have a good solution to fixing the balance other than "make it better"

Dead Rising 3 (the whole series really) has a very similar problem. You're either struggling or you're just mowing everything down or are totally untouchable. But you don't have enough mechanical depth for it to be fun.
>>
>>323439502
Genuinely enjoyed it. And I'm the sort of person who generally really does not like open world games.
Combat is fun, though not mindblowing, parkour is really cool, the progression system is suprisingly great, settings and environments are great, the game even has genuine atmosphere at times and there is surprising amount of attention to detail or clever design involved. Supply runs can be amazing.
The story is mostly absolute ass, QTE bossfights are a joke and there is a whole load of small issues (personally, I just really don't like this kind of scaled loot thing in particular), and there is not a single original idea or concept in the game, but it's all put together surprisingly well.

They promised to improve a lot of smaller things, namely the human A.I. and combat/weapon variety in the enhanced edition too.

I dunno: it's definitely not a smart or a "must play" game, but out of the last two or three year open world games, it certainly was most fun to me.
>>
It is okay. Fun to play with a friend or two. RNG is bullshit though. Never had a golden weapon despite checking all police vans all the time.
Final boss "fight" is QTE bullshit.
>>
>>323440821
that jumping hunter is invader.
If you turn it to any time-it suddenly becomes night and that fucker invades.
Then, it's a "attack-defend" type of game. He gets several nests to protect, you gotta destroy them. You have limited lives. You win-you get weapon. He wins-he gets points to evolve.
You can set it to like "once in every 3 nights" or "night only".
I once had a guy with golden weapons help me. He would just beat the poor fucker, then go after the shit he has to protect.
>>
File: Dying-Light.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Dying-Light.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Fun climbing about due to how it detects ledges (allowing you to climb just about anything from wardrobes and flourescent lights to the apartment blocks in the first map) and how everything is spaced out in both zones so that you have less obvious routes to take.

Night running was fun too. Could have actually used some more generic construction sites than the ones you find in the story, because those demand more use of the free running than the slums or even old town.

The Following looks like a really bad idea given how unintuitive climbing on terrain could be, and it doesn't even look like you're expected to do more climbing than driving.
>>
To everyone addressing the issue with the game's difficulty compared to how easy the game becomes later in the game, do you think the new difficulty in the enhanced edition might fix those problems?
I haven't played the game yet and after hearing good things about the actual gameplay itself, I'm hoping this new version will fix some of the problems and make it a bit more fun.
>>
>>323441505
>tfw be the invader.
>4 players against 1 invader (me)
>Constant one ups from both sides, one nest left 2 lives for them.
>Got rekt in the end from being too late and dying and missed the horde summor spit.
>Overall it was a good game and got my heart bumping.

I love this mode.
>>
>>323440521
L-LONDON?
>>
Does anyone do the same thing I do by leading in the mutants into the building and beat them into a pulp and horde their money?
>>
>>323441971
There's a new edition coming out? I've been sitting on this game waiting for price drops, may as well wait for that one.
>>
File: 1434954448084.jpg (29 KB, 310x263) Image search: [Google]
1434954448084.jpg
29 KB, 310x263
>>323442082
>implying I'm not a guy
>>
>>323441974
I used to get the same heart pounding when I'd play l4d2 and rush with my buddy. 2 pubbies left behind, me and him rushing, doing alright and suddenly tank. We'd just rush to saferoom. After the match, I'd usually notice my hands to be cold and shaking, heart rushing and hearing my own heartbeat.
I love that feeling.
>>
>>323441971
>Enhanced Edition
I bought Dying Light at the Christmas Sale. Will the Enhanced edition be available to already owners? Or only to Season Pass owners?
>>
File: Dying-Light-Enhanced-Ann[1].jpg (68 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Dying-Light-Enhanced-Ann[1].jpg
68 KB, 600x338
>>323442450
Well it won't be a price drop, but it will include all the dlc and a bunch of other stuff.
>>
File: Dying_Light_How_To_Get_EE1[1].jpg (2 MB, 1920x2980) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_How_To_Get_EE1[1].jpg
2 MB, 1920x2980
>>323442564
Here you go
I really feel like I'm marketing this game
>>
>>323442564
They straight up tell you once you buy the game, it puts up a news update telling you season pass owners get the update for free.
>>
>>323442572
Awesome, I'll get it on a Steam sale. Normal price is too expensive for the shithole I live in.
>>
>>323442527
>implying you have friends
>>
>>323439502
I got really bored if it towards the end. To me it was a more improved Dead island. 6/10
>>
File: 239140_2015-01-29_00118.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
239140_2015-01-29_00118.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>323441971
Fast enemies like virals, volatiles and maybe even other humans need to be made smarter, moving ahead of the player in some places if you stay on one plane for too long to encourage putting more obstacles and height between you and them. A big problem with the pathing of volatiles is that they make themselves vulnerable or fail to path because they're exclusively following your trail instead of finding another way to you.

They could be made tougher for when you do have to fight, but that has more to do with the value of weapons than the difficulty of enemies. There's not a lot that can be done about the basic zombies except maybe for increasing their numbers and introducing more at ground level so you have a reason not to get bogged down.

All I want out of the 'new parkour moves' is the ability to tuck your legs when jumping as in Mirror's Edge for when you specifically need to clear barbed wire or an extra foot of fence without landing on or grabbing the fence.
>>
>>323442821
That's what the enhanced edition is for.
If it does improve onto that.

Virals are fun to mess with. I just climb a ledge and when they climb I just kicked them off and yell 'SPARTAAAAA!'
>>
>>323439502
The good stuff:
>Good setting
>No damage numbers bullshit like Dead Island
>Enemies feel less like damage sponges
>Parkour is good
>Nighttime is awesome
>Music/audio design is good
>Co-op is a blast
>Fun enough enemy variety
>Crafting is better than Dead Island's
>Challenging enough to stay engaged through whole game

The bad stuff:
>Second half of story is stupid
>90% of side missions leave something to be desired
>Grappling hook is nice but kind of ruins the fun

Overall I'd say 8/10 game.
>>
GIT GUD.
>>
>>323443884
whoops wrong thread
>>
>>323443978
Nah man. GIT GUD always relevant.
>>
killing off that chick was really unnecessary
>>
Enjoyed it for a long time then it just felt mediocre in some aspects and uninteresting. Weapons were terribly bland, limited to no gunplay in the zombie apocalypse, story sucked, maps became repetitive, nothing interesting to find savaging (kept reminding me it wasn't fallout).

On the bright side it did have good controls for running/parkour, the day and night cycle had tons of potential and it was genuinely scary at times.
>>
>>323444584
> limited to no gunplay in the zombie apocalypse
what
>>
Drop kicking zombies off of rooftops is so satisfying.
>>
>>323444663
You got like 3 firearms and they controlled like shit.
>>
>>323444742
there's 7 and they control about as well as you expect them to
>>
>>323444885
I understand why they limited gunplay tho and it was because they could only support a number of zombies in your area at a time. Could you imagine a sniper rifle lol they're would be nothing to shoot.
>>
>>323444885
Are you counting Anti-Gadoid gun too?
>>
>>323445276
yes
>>
>>323439502
It's my 2015 GOTY runner up after W3, super excited for the following.
>>
>>323445368
Please don't.
>>
>>323442783
>implying that has anything to do with the fact I'm a guy

Also I have friends
>>
>>323439502
mirror's edge with zombies and diablo mechanics crossed with domm mechanics
>>
>>323445665
whats the point in this post?
>>
>>323445825
game is good, the only game besides tw3 i am willing to play with dlc
>>
>>323445906
from 2015
>>
I thought it was a quality title, but once you figure out the tricks, the game becomes brain dead easy.

Nights are scary, untill you realise you can just pulse the UV and stunlock zeds

Giant zombies are scary, untill you realize the freezing shurikens is utterly broken.

Being chased is scary, untill you get the completely retarded grappling hook.

The first few hours of the game were goddamned fantastic, but it fails to give a continuous challenge which makes it start to seem boring eventually.

I never even used guns because they were just pointless.
>>
Running at night was hyped to be an intense and challanging experience, but for some reason the "dangerous" zombies all show up on your minimap with view cones and everything, so avoiding them is piss easy.

The "hard" difficulty removes this, except for your "survivor sense" which does the exact same thing by literally letting you see them light up 200 feet away and through walls.

Running at night is the exact same as running during the day, except you have to do a bit of zig zagging.
That is, until your get to the sword weapons and you can just cut them to pieces together with everything else.

Difficulty progression is messed up.
Basically your employer decides to drop you into this quarentine zone to do whatever job for them. You being a fat ass nerd who can barely climb a white picket fency and cannot jog for fifty yard straight without collapsing. Any zombie and human will be going strong, despite their skull being grinded into fine powder and their brain being bashed into jelly by 50 facial hits from your steel pipe wrench. Complete damage sponges.
That is until you progress to the medieval swords and you'll be decapitating entire hordes with single swings. The tackle moves enable you to rhino through anything with impunity.

I don't get this sort of gameplay design. It breaks the challange as well as any sort if immersion.
>>
It had a combat system. I like good combat systems.
Alright/10
>>
>>323439502
Really liked it. Thought it was an excellent new IP and if they smooth out the rough edges I could totally see it going mainstream like Assassin's Creed or something.

The story had a great foundation but they built nothing but garbage on it though. It was the only terrible part of the game and how terrible it was really stood out.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.