[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do they have a point?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Do they have a point?
>>
Only true in games where your points are assigned automatically or it matters fuck all what you pick.
>>
File: 1440023390455.jpg (24 KB, 135x288) Image search: [Google]
1440023390455.jpg
24 KB, 135x288
I dunno, I don't really "overlevel".

In most JRPGs, I tend to only be around maybe 1-3 levels above what is really required then I fight the boss. If it kicks my shit in, I'll just level up a bit more and try again.
>>
>>323435515

Ah I kind'a agree, I like games where if you go out of your way to do all the content/sidequests or if you do a NG+ run you're OP as hell and just break it.

It's fun to earn an OP status.
>>
>>323435515
Yeah, they have a point. There's also a flipside where the challenge is to stay as low-level as possible to make the game harder.

Most casual playthroughs wouldn't even attempt that goal.

And yeah, some of the fun of RPGs comes from getting so strong that what once was fairly challenging becomes a one-shot massacre.
>>
Some people enjoy overleveling, some enjoy low level runs, some enjoy regularly beating the game, there is no universal 'correct' way to enjoy RPGs
>>
>>323436773
>earn
But you didn't earn anything. It was mindless, pointless repetition that didn't actually serve a purpose. There was no struggle or effort.
>>
>>323437465
>time investment is worthless
>>
>>323438089
>investing time inherently makes something worthwhile
>>
>>323436773
and I hate that
>do all sidequests but get OP as shit and make the main quest and other sidequests a joke
>or just do the main quest for a challenge but miss all other content
>>
>>323439228
Clearly the correct way is to finish the game twice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.