[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: pillars of cuckiternity.jpg (33 KB, 580x401) Image search: [Google]
pillars of cuckiternity.jpg
33 KB, 580x401
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed to make it feel worthwhile or important. During development we realized that if we had someone focusing on stronghold content, it would jeopardize other quests that we felt were more valuable. That's why the stronghold wound up being system-heavy and content-light.

So instead of making something as good as BG2's stronghold's, Obsidian cheaped out AGAIN and underdelivered.

BRAVA CU-CK SAWYER

BRAVA

>boring world
>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
>boring, unnatural dialog that just lore dumps at you
>boring companions (the priest guy seemed kind of interesting) that don't interact with the world like they did in Baldur's Gate 2
>don't know what kind of wacky tobacky they were smoking when they made the stats for the characters
>bland skills and spells makes combat boring
>trash mobs as far as the eye can see also you get no xp for killing them
>MMO style weapon design where nothing is unique like BG2 and instead are just FOUR STAM FOUR STRENGTH LEATHER BELT
>typically buggy Obsidian release
>no mod tools in sight

And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack. If a PCu-ck could explain why this is acceptable, I'd love to hear it.

Play Wasteland 2: Director's Cut instead - it's actually a complete game.

Why did PCucks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
>>
>>323424670
>Why did PCucks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
Because it came out around the same time Bloodborne did
>>
Is it true that the expansion pack focuses more on the combat than the base game did?
>>
>>323424670
They have no obligation to the backers to uphold the goals in their kickstarter. It's their game.
>>
>>323425196
From what I saw yes, you arrive in a small town and then explore areas full of monsters that spam the most annoying afflictions in the game. Got bored quickly though so I can't say if it gets better
>>
>>323425196
I think Sawyer said Icewind Dale was the inspiration for the expansion, so probably.
>>
>>323424670
Haven't played it but if it's a medieval setting with rich and cultured sandniggers then it's 100% accurate, they were relatively very advanced a thousand years ago, they just never progressed much further than that.
>>
>>323425498
>Haven't played it but if it's a medieval setting with rich and cultured sandniggers

Nope, just plain niggers.
>>
>>323425350
I see, thanks. The combat/exploration got really stale after a while and i am not really interested in more of that type of gameplay.

But overall i grew bored of pretty much everything at the end of the game. I enjoyed the setting of the game but i am just not sure that it was a good idea to put such an emphasis on lore and gods in the first game in a new fantasy setting.
>>
>declare this game a savior of the genre

Nobody did this you faggot. The game was pretty coldly/lukewarmly received here.

Why can't you just make a normal thread without a bunch of falseflagging bait? Why do you have to suck dicks?
>>
>>323425615
>>Nobody did this you faggot.

You certainly weren't here when people were shilling the kickstarter
>>
The gameplay and the main plot are the weakest parts of the game.

I still wonder why they didn't go with turn based combat.

And if they really wanted rtwp style, they should've taken a look at Aarklash Legacy.

That game is rtwp combat done right.
>>
JUST
>>
File: iWKad22[1].jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22[1].jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>323425498
>fantasy setting is 100% accurate!
>>
>>323425961
I fucking love Aarklash Legacy, but PoE combat is way ahead of it still
>>
>>323424670
(you)
>>
>>323424670
why are you posting this year old pasta now?
>>
>>323426182
He wants the attention his mother doesn't give him.
>>
>>323426080
its better than folks going
>BUT NIGGERS CANT BE CIVILIZED YOU DAMN DIRTY SWJ KEKS
>>
>>323426436
Sandniggers, yes

But niggers? Look at Africa
>>
>>323426567
I see things like the kingdom of Aksum and the Mali empire
huge and influential powers back in medieval times
>>
>>323426678
>medieval times
>relevant nowadays
>>
>>323426678
>Aksum
Literally the whitest of the blacks, pic related.
>Mali
Not significant, liberal historical revisionist fantasy.
>>
>>323426827
>medieval era is not relevant to medieval fantasy

>>323426851
Mali empire was relevant, even had universities before most of europe. They just got fucked over by climate change and new trade routes hard
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.