[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have video games ever taught you any real life skills? Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 438x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 438x335
Have video games ever taught you any real life skills? Metal gear solid taught me CQC.
>>
>>323423714
OP here
Also forgot to mention that Jackie Chan movies taught me karate and kung fu
>>
>>323423714
I learned basic first aid from Americas Army when they did the medic update.
>>
I learned English
>>
I learned that staring at the ass of males will make me attracted to them.
>>
>>323423714
Smash Bros taught me double jumping and wavedashing
>>
File: 1448143672618.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1448143672618.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>metal gear taught me cqc
>>
File: 1451612543936.gif (964 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451612543936.gif
964 KB, 500x500
I learned how to ride a bike from Earthbound
>>
>>323423714
Sims taught me that talking to myself in a mirror makes you charismatic.

It actually worked to a certain degree and I'm very well spoken, what the fuck
>>
File: Bridget.png (671 KB, 761x899) Image search: [Google]
Bridget.png
671 KB, 761x899
Guilty Gear taught me that boys can be cute too.
>>
>>323424767
Is that a guy????
>>
>>323423714
harvest moon taught me the basics of growing plants. Now I always have something growing
>>
>>323423714
I used to play FPS a lot. For a long time, I had the tendency to try to retreat when my health was low, which resulted in a level of disengagement and my eventual defeat.

I slowly realised that when I was about to die, my opponent was often closer to death and staying in the fight would often lead to a resolution in my favour.

I've basically applied that to martial arts training. When I'm sparring and I'm feeling gassed, instead of turtling up and just trying to defend, as a lot of people do, I just assume that my opponent is as uncomfortable, if not more uncomfortable, than me.

Even if I'm wrong, playing offensively does a much better job of stuffing their offense than playing defensively, because they have to exercise caution, rather than casually looking for holes.

I trust in my cardio and push on. It's an idea I come back to often.
>>
Thanks to playing MGS3 more than a decade ago I know every single component of an M1911. It got me into weapons and I browse /k/ regularly
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.