[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Most underrated games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: bulletstorm-cover.jpg (167 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
bulletstorm-cover.jpg
167 KB, 550x778
>pic related
>made by some of the people who made Gears Of War
>literally no one gave a shit about it before release, at release or now
>got very average reviews

>in spite of all that, it has some of the most satisfying and innovative combat ever with the leash and the kicking features, combined with environmental hazards and destruction, and also a cool scoring/upgrade system implemented well to reward you for killing more creatively and skillfully

I will admit the characters/story are shit though.
>>
File: undertale.jpg (275 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
undertale.jpg
275 KB, 1536x1152
This gem
>>
>>323423181
Actually, People Can Fly were people responsible for PC port of Gears of War. But yeah, I really enjoyed Bulletstorm.
>>
>>323423287

b8
>>
>>323423181
Can we still get this on PC?
>>
People Can Fly made Painkiller you dumbfucks
>>
I kinda think Singularity is worth a quick look at least. Once you get into the time manipulation bullshit it gets pretty fun.

That and wrist tape fixes everything.
>>
>you could skid forever
>>
Level and weapon design was indeed pretty gud but that got destroyed by ALWAYS having just max 5 enemies come at you
>>
>>323425737
Yes, it's on Steam.

>>323423181
>>got very average reviews
>8 and 9 out of 10s across the board

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>323423181
>People can fly recently split from Epic
>Bought the rights for Bulletstorm

Bulletstorm 2 soon
>>
>>323423181
>literally no one gave a shit about it before release, at release or now

hmm. looking at my copy that was bought on day one of release that i still play once in awhile.
guess im LITERALLY no one
>>
It got boring pretty quickly with no replay value imo.
It was the definition of 5/10 would play when I'm bored and forget about it because it's just so average.
>>
>>323423181
My goty 2011 and one of the best - if not THE best - shooters of the last five years.
Real bummer that multiplayer sucked ass.
>>
>>323426051
Why did it?
i enjoyed it. was better than if it was player vs player.
>>
>>323426036
You're LITERALLY a fucking one one senpai
>>
>>323423181
Bulletstorm was a game that brought big stupid grins to my face. I loved it, and the dialog was crass yet entertaining.

Pity its largely abandoned and forgotten.
>>
>>323425816
Good on you for knowing your shit
>>
>>323426126
NO YOURE A ONE ONE
>>
I WILL KILL YOUR DICKS
>>
>>323425848
>Singularity

Loved it
>>
Second Sight is my most underrated game of all time
>>
File: wan-wan-pika.jpg (177 KB, 665x600) Image search: [Google]
wan-wan-pika.jpg
177 KB, 665x600
>>323426126
>>
Bulletstorm had some pretty good and pretty shit ideas.
Absence of jumping is bullshit that seriously hurt the level design. Everything felt like a theme park with even less freedom of exploration than in Painkiller. 3 weapon limit is fucking garbage. Assault rifle being locked in a slot is even worse given how boring it is. AI companions barely deal any damage and don't add to combat system anyhow.
>>
>>323426119
Before it came out I was totally hyped for the skillshots when I thought they were present also in multiplayer. I even fantasized about making own skillshots.
Then it was just... bleh.
>>
>ワンワン
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>323423181
It used GFWL on PC and thus it was dead on arrival
>>
>>323423181

>characters/story are shit

Ishi was pretty based.
>>
>play multi before Live packed up
>retards stealing every kill you line up
>lose after 3 waves because they ran out of ammo and just kick things to death
>even then they run up and kick enemies away from hazards to make sure nobody else gets anywhere
jesus fucking WHY
>>
>Bulletstorm
>Duke Nukem: Forever
>Singularity
>Shadow Warrior (The Original)
>The entire Crysis Series

The one in that list that will piss people off is DNF, but I don't know why it gets all the hate, its literally a Duke game for the modern era. I don't know why everyone hates it so much or what the fuck they expected.
>>
>>323423181
The combat in Bulletstorm was okay, but I did not like having to buy ammo in shops, and being limited to carrying only 2 weapons at a time.
>>
Because its not that good or inovating. It literally innovated nothing, you're using the word but it doesn't make sense in that context as if you were just making up shit that sounds good. The story was retarded and so was the writing that ironically took itself too seriously and wasn't funny or dramatic enough to work well and there's too much scripted linear bullshit. Maybe if the combat was in a better designed game it would actually be underrated.
>>
>>323423181
I bought this partially for the gears of war 3 beta and loved it. Want to get it on PC again
>>
>>323427005
>The entire Crysis Series

>Crysis
>underrated

Nearly all graphics are compared to Crysis.
>>
>>323428173
Well then you missed the point completely. Crysis has some amazing level design but everyone seems to overlook that
>>
>>323423181
It's the same boring game play over and over. Like dynasty warriors without any story
>>
File: fronck.jpg (14 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
fronck.jpg
14 KB, 460x287
>>323423181
>made by some of the people who made Gears Of War

You really think this is a good thing?
>>
>>323428661

Yeah, Gears Of War is a good series. Best third-person cover shooter I can think of. Also doesn't have an obnoxious fan base like CoD or Halo.
>>
>>323423181

That giant plant boss was pretty awesome, definitely the most memorable part of the game for me.
>>
>>323423181
> make Duty Calls, a short game that makes fun of Call of Duty
> everything Duty Calls made fun of ends up in Bulletstorm

game was shit famicon
>>
File: sarrano.jpg (281 KB, 1035x979) Image search: [Google]
sarrano.jpg
281 KB, 1035x979
>>323429904
I liked how General Asshole ended up being the best character
>>
>>323429461
>>
>>323430295
why does this 360 game look better than fallout 4
>>
>>323430504

>one image is supposed to represent the entire fan base
>>
>>323430671
no it's just you fag
>>
>>323430564
Because Gamebryo is horribly out-dated trash
>>
>>323430151

This. Bulletstorm had some of the worst marketing of any game. Seriously, it was Peter Molyneux levels of bullshit.

>this game is nothing like Call of Duty
>this game is EXACTLY like Call of Duty
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.