[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's hype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
who's hype?
>>
>>323420417
A little.
>>
Danger Dan
>linear runner

No Man's Sky
>infinite sandbox

They have no experience making what they are promising.
>>
>>323420417

Infinite nothing.

I'll pass.
>>
File: 1366305641822.jpg (47 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1366305641822.jpg
47 KB, 300x400
>>323420417
>Procedurally generated

And just like that it goes straight into the fucking trash. I think it might be alright, as a kind of exploration simulator, but it seems too ambitious for its good. Things like this always flop.
>>
If it wasn't for animals and fauna then i wouldn't give a shit, i would just look around in space engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rswRCT3097g
>>
File: 1449838114123.gif (3 MB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1449838114123.gif
3 MB, 390x293
>>323420417
>literally nothing the game

back to reddit with you
>>
No one.
>>
I am

>b-but there's nothing to do
They've shown off on foot and in space combat, trading, mining, piracy, and cataloging

>b-but there's no goal
You go to the center of the galaxy or fuck around like any open world game

>b-but everything will look the same
Never had that problem with minecraft terrain or space engine more then other vidya

Also, if you are even having to ask those sorts of questions then the game isn't for you, the creator already said it's for people who like sandboxes and making their own experiences and exploran for the sake of it.
>>
>>323420417
I'll wait to see more concrete gameplay. For now we only saw bullshitty "gameplay" sessions and we are given way more promises that I think they can deliver.

Wait and see.
>>
>>323420554
It doesn't REALLY seem that ambitious, I never got this argument.

I mean as long as they got their generation algorithms right then they have nothing else to do but a few mechanics.

Its pretty minecraft without building and procedural animals.
>>
>>323420845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0
>>
when will it be released?
>>
>>323421132
Got given a release window of June this year at PSX I think, might not have been PSX but at some event in the last month or so.

People seem to think its been so delayed to implement PSVR to be able to work with, which I feel makes sense.
>>
>>323421241
alright thanks mate
>>
>>323420845
They've actually shown off a ton.
>>
>>323420756

>it's for people who like sandboxes and making their own experiences

This is the biggest cop out ever.

This only works when you actually give people sand boxes in which they have some ownership and control. Garry's Mod, Minecraft, Space Engineers etc all understand that. No Man's Sky isn't providing the player with any meaningful elements, interconnected systems or complex input whatsoever, it's an almost purely passive walking simulator set in space.
>>
I think it's pretty obvious it's going to be shallow as fuck in terms of actual gameplay mechanics, but I'll probably get it because I imagine just exploring space should entertain me for awhile.
>>
>>323420417
>who's hype?
A lot of the wrong people to be honest. I don't know what people are hyping it up to be, but no WAY is it the game that so many are expecting.

It's Noctis IV with some shooting and ship upgrading, and i'm excited as fuck for that. People expecting this open universe with all these infinte gameplay possibilities that idiots keep telling them they are going to get are going to be dissapointed as fuck.
>>
I love watching defenders of this game bounce between "you cant say its shit because you dont even know whats in it" and "the devs havent exaggerated, people who have researched know exactly what to expect"
>>
>>323422120
> "the devs havent exaggerated, people who have researched know exactly what to expect"
I think thats pretty accurate.
I've researched it hard and know exactly what to expect, I'm still very excited though, cause I think it looks cool.

I mean gameplay vids have been posted in the thread, and there are other vids readily available.
>>
>>323420845
>we are given way more promises that I think they can deliver
I... don't agree. It's the media blowing the shit up as if it's the scond coming, the comments from the dev guy himself are a lot more tempered in reality. It's a completely randomly generated exploration game with some pewpew and minecraft. They have never promised more than that.
>>
>>323423518
This exactly.
>>
>>323420417
quite a lot. hoping for ps4 + NMS + VR bundle
>>
>>323424807
>NMS + VR bundle
Annnnnnnd 4 mill VR units sold in a week.
Seriously though, this would be super smart of Sony.
But Sony is always up and down with their decisions.
>>
>>323423518
Agreed. Also there has been a lot of hate towards this game for absolutely no reason imho. IGN mostly. Those fucking cucks wouldnt know what to do with the game without being expressly told where to go and how to play. Not to mention none have actually PLAYED the game yet.
>>
>>323425015
Yeah they have, they did their big "IGN First" thing like back in July.
They watched the dev play and got to play themselves.
Despite having a whole universe to land in, the guy playing somehow managed to land his ship on a little building thing.
>>
>>323425256
That is correct some ign members saw the game and what not.
Referring to a different video in which some of the ign team that wasnt even there talked about the game in a blurb and explained they were expecting to be disappointed. If only people would be patient and actually wait for a game to judge it negatively without bases...

Now its understandable given how much of the game they havent shared with the community, but if you were told how every game you played ended before you got it, would you even want to play?
>>
I'm curious.
I'm waiting until a month after launch has past and I can get a more rounded concrete opinion from other people on it. At the moment it just looks like a virtual alien safari with the slight chance of maybe running into another person if you're lucky and the opportunity to name animals and planets in memes.
>>
Gun shooting looks like shit. The way animals fall down after 1 shot like they're wooden is shit. Things' destruction looks like shit too. I don't know, I expected a bit more from the game that got a place on all the E3 scenes and got so much time with a few devs. That's just fucking lazy and lame.
>>
>>323425954
That's what it is yes.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.