[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you feel towards a Mega Man Legends game developed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 25
File: gfs_27937_2_168.jpg (55 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
gfs_27937_2_168.jpg
55 KB, 900x675
How would you feel towards a Mega Man Legends game developed by FromSoftware? Think of a modified version of the Souls engine.
>>
As much as I do love Demon's Souls and Dark Souls stop fucking suggesting everything needs Souls combat for fucks sake. This is the reason why Arkham Asylum's garbage combat system is popular
>>
>>323417619
silly console kiddie
>>
>>323417470
Megaman needs fast pacing action combat, if anything I would give it to platinum.
>>
>>323417470
fuck off it should be made by capcom because it's a fucking capcom franchise and capcom is one of the few devs that actually still know how to make good gameplay.
>>
I was under the impression that FROM games thrived primarily in slow melee combat, while Megaman is primarily a fast, ranged combat character. I don't hear people ever mentioning ranged combat in the newest FROM games.
>>
>>323417928
And secondly From games tend to be carried by the exploration and atmosphere. They have more in common with games like Metroid and Castlevania than any action game.
>>
File: dark souls.png (367 KB, 1135x580) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.png
367 KB, 1135x580
>>323417823
>Look ma I shitposted again!
>>
>>323418123
>>Look ma I shitposted again!
you sure are kid
>>
>>323417619
But have you played Mega Man Legends?
>>
>>323417857
>>323417887
>>323417928
>>323417928
>>323418112
Have any of these faggots ever played a Mega Man Legends game?
>>
>>323418613
Neither have you if you would even consider Dark Souls to have the same combat as MML
>>
>>323418613
No, but I've seen it in action and I've never seen melee combat in it.
Am I mistaken?
>>
>>323417470
I want a CUHRAZY 3D megaman developed by platinum.

I've wanted this for ages actually. it would be a perfect fit.
>>
>>323418684
>>323418703
Did I ever mention the word "combat"? I said "modified version" of the "engine". How about you give those words some thought.
>>
>>323418798
You said developed by FROM Software. As in, FROM developers are put in charge of coding and developing the mechanics. Which, incidentally, includes the combat. Which, also, is the primary draw of the Souls games.

In that sense, the way I'd feel towards a Mega Man Legends game developed by FROM Software, using FROM tech, by FROM developers, is that I fail to see what a company whose bread and butter is having pretty enjoyable melee combat would have to offer to a game that does not utilize melee combat to any meaningful extent.

Not anymore than if it were made by the people behind Dragon's Dogma, or Castlevania Lords of Shadow, or Stanley Parable, or Myst, or Serious Sam.
>>
>>323418798
are you learning why you shouldnt be expecting everyone to have the same thought flow as you?
>>
I'm gonna go replay megamab legends on my Vita.
Numb the pain.
>>
>>323419089
Anyways.

Bloodborne's combat is pretty fast paced if you asked me.
>>
>>323418798
Yes, the engine would work. But I wouldn't trust From to get the actual gameplay right. This needs someone like Platinum, Capcom or any dev known for good responsive fast paced combat. So basically, not From.
>>
>>323419089
From also made Armored Core buddy. They aren't a one trick horse
>>
Soulsfags need to shut the hell up more often.
Jesus Christ, guys. We get it. Enough.
>>
>>323419173
But Bloodborne's combat was pretty fast paced and responsive. Instead of the combat, which isn't exactly MML's focus, I was thinking more of how Souls games has free running, free camera, huge world to explore, etc.
>>
They'll feel right at home, clunky combat with old and outdated character movement.
>>
>>323419262
What's worse?

People who want FromSoftware to develop a game they like?
Or people who want Platinum to develop a game they like?
>>
>>323419262
This.

Mount & Blade Warband has great combat but you don't see Warbandfags shitposting and making threads about how every game should have Warband combat.
>>
>>323419282
>Which isn't exactly MML's focus.

I don't know what MML you played, but I spent most of my time in Legends running and shooting.
>>
>>323419241
>Armored Core
Aw hell Anon, you had to remind me
>next gen Armored Core games never ever
>>
>>323419338
I just want games to be well made, enjoyable and good value for money; regardless of the developer.
>>
From Software is a garbage developer and they should leave their own franchises alone.

Thinking that they should make buggy unoptimized shit entries in proper series like Megaman is complete insanity.
>>
>>323419406
I spent most of my time exploring and getting every loot. Reaverbots in the way were just shot and forgotten. I even killed every boss in seconds with my MAX Drill Arm.
>>
>>323419426
didn't they say 3 was potentially the last one for a while? I surely hope so, AC on next gen could be fucking amazing.
>>
>>323419282
>free running
>free camera
>huge world to explore
You should've said that first instead of making everyone go on about combat.

This is something that's been done well in games for a long time anyway, and by many different devs. Though it would be just as successful to get Nintendo or Retro to do it that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>323419460
Sometimes we have to rely on a certain developers for that to happen. Would you give a game you enjoy to a company like say.. LJN?
>>
>>323417470
No, you fucking faggot. We get it, From developed a couple of good games in their time. Does not mean that they should handle the development of every fucking game to exist. Yeah, let's remove any kind of comprehensible story, remove the memorable music, add a shitty combat system, and have some pretentious faux-victorian cocksmith who read a bunch of lovecraft and poe talk about MUH DEATH, MUH SOUL, and MUH DARKNESS, MUH EDGE. Fuck out of here, bitch ass.
>>
>>323419515
The mere concept of a current-gen AC makes me hard.
>>
>>323419262
Pretty much. Every armchair gamedev needs to stop pitching souls + ____

The only thing that makes a game uniquely souls is cumbersome animations and getting hitstun to death.
>>
>>323418703
If you have no special weapons equipped, you can kick stuff. It is more so used to kick cans and pigs than enemies.

There is a beam sabre weapon you can get, but once upgraded it shoots beam slice thingies.
>>
File: 1452330077028.gif (9 KB, 236x251) Image search: [Google]
1452330077028.gif
9 KB, 236x251
>>323417470
>From Software
>developing Megaman

That would never happen. All their games are serious and dreary.
>>
>>323419614
From made some games that didn't have "muh lore" in it.
>>
>>323417470
>souls becomes easy mode with magic
>apply it to a game where you only use ranged weapons
Good job OP, you had one of the worst ideas for a video game ever.
>>
>>323418703
>>323419678
Forgot to mention there is also a drill weapon that is used to break loose walls, or do insane amounts of damage if you can get close to an enemy.
>>
>>323419694
In all fairness, aside from the bright colors and initial peaceful setting, Legends gets surprisingly grim.
>>
>>323419635
Souls is literally Castlevania or Metroid with Monster Hunter inspired combat. There were probably methodical action games with slow animations before Mon Hun, but I can't think of any.

I love it, but it's not as unique as people like to think. It just merges those elements perfectly.
>>
>>323419694
Maybe they would pull a reverse Rareware and go from grim to bright and colorful
>>
>>323417470
Why not the people behind dead rising? Wasn't that game originally supposed to be a MML game?

>tfw we will never get a MML game with tons of interactive items that we can use and throw at enemies.
>>
>>323419994
Either way, neither description would benefit Megaman Legends. The game isn't about melee combat, nor is slow methodical animations something it could use, nevermind that it isn't a metroidvania.
>>
>>323420145
>Wasn't that game originally supposed to be a MML game?
No that was Lost Planet.
>>
>>323419694
Nigga, Megaman Deepest Lore is dreary as hell.
As in centuries of eternal war, complete environmental decay and a continuous cycle of total civil collapse dreary.
>>
>>323420253
Legends goes beyond that. We're talking the complete extinction of the human race.
But maybe you omitted that for spoilers.
>>
>>323420216
>ex troopers
It still hurts you guys.
>>
File: Legends of some kind.jpg (471 KB, 1169x827) Image search: [Google]
Legends of some kind.jpg
471 KB, 1169x827
>>323419935
Surprising as in "not all the villains are hilarious punchlines": yes. But people are really overplaying the minor thematic nature 2 of the dungeons had. Sure there's a villain that appears at the end of both games and they want to commit genocide; but they don't do it.

At its worst Mega Man Legends is depressing, but only if you truly, passionately care about Roll Casket to feel when the world won't stop shitting on her. Or if you stop playing 30 minutes from the end of MML2 in the middle of a cutscene and completely miss that the message of the game is that humanity, and the human experience transcends specific sequences of DNA.
>>
File: The Master.jpg (200 KB, 475x575) Image search: [Google]
The Master.jpg
200 KB, 475x575
>>323420382
Yup.
It's an interesting point to note that, when you look at the context of all the subseries released, how they start and how they end, the only one that has any reference of actual peace for humanity is Legends, 9000 or so years into the future, and whose beginning point is literally having the last human die off, unhappy and lonely except for his robot attendants, with all of humanity gone except for DNA samples preserved in Elysium's systems.

And to think that all of this only happen because at one point, in the distant past, one men wanted to help mankind and make a better world.
>>
>>323420636
Regardless of the "humanity is as humanity does" message, the realization that all human lineage is over is pretty heavy.
>>
File: Turn A Dianna ain't Dieanna.jpg (860 KB, 1366x4608) Image search: [Google]
Turn A Dianna ain't Dieanna.jpg
860 KB, 1366x4608
>>323420695
To be fair; it actually happened because Capcom were only able to watch the first half of Turn A Gundam before releasing the game, and they didn't know how they were going to resolve the Moonrace's supremacy.
>>
>>323420695
Sounds like it could be the lore to a Souls game.
>>
>>323420695
Dr. Light didn't doom humanity by any means. He certainly set the course of history, but if he hadn't, someone else in his era very likely would have. Can't halt those gears of progress. It does make me wonder what could have happened differently to change that ending though.
>>
So is "IMAGINE FROMSOFT MAKING [INSERT IP HERE] GAME" the new "IMAGINE PLATINUM MAKING [IP] GAME"?
>>
>>323421057
"New?" Nah.
>>
File: Zero.jpg (108 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
Zero.jpg
108 KB, 600x499
>>323421008
>could have happened differently to change that ending though.
This is controversial, but I'll say it.
Not creating X.

No X, no Dr. Cain unearthing the broken down ruins of Light Labs, and thus no Reploids. No Reploids, no faulty Suffering Circuit. No faulty Suffering Circuit, no Zero Virus infecting Sigma, mutating, and instantly having unrestricted access to every electronic system bar the original X and Zero itself for the next century or so.
Sure, Zero wakes up as a psychopathic killer robot, perhaps razes down a city or two, but he's ultimately brought down by one way or another, probably involving nuclear bombardment of whatever general area he's in.

That, or maybe make Dr. Cain more weary of replicating the Suffering Circuit so hastily.
>>
How about Capcom or Inti develop Legends 3?
>>
>>323420695
>>323421008
This "it's all Dr Light's Fault" shit is really old and in this scenario is utterly the most narrow visioned interpretation of events possible.

As a result of the advancement of technology the human race became clinically immortal. THAT'S Dr Light's fault if anything. There was no villain to rise up and exploit the technology this time, there were no mistakes made with it that lead to disaster that we know of. He can't be held responsible for the human race just deciding one day to stop living.
>>
>>323421313
As long as Inti doesn't do the designs. I'm not fond of that Zero/ZX look.
>>
File: WilyUponStar.jpg (21 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
WilyUponStar.jpg
21 KB, 529x399
>>323421291
If Wily had a different endgame that was planned for Zero than we were allowed to see, X being invented may have been needed.

We are clued that Wily is still alive and manipulating events in X5. If he really was, then bad shit could have been in store. Also, I fail to believe Wily's ultimate plan was just a psycho kill-bot. Zero had to have been created with more purpose than "Rampage around after I'm dead. That should learn those lousy future people."
>>
File: Zero Redesign.jpg (190 KB, 891x800) Image search: [Google]
Zero Redesign.jpg
190 KB, 891x800
>>323421585
>I'm not fond of that Zero/ZX look.
>the altered Zero design in the Zero games
>Capcom lost the chance of a lifetime in, comes Zero 3, having the Omega armor crack open and have the original Zero body, or something far more similar to it, coming from inside it.

That would make the "You are not actually Zero" reveal far more impactful. Everyone had already bought the "oh no, it's just a matter of design, GBA limitations, you see" explanation, and then come endgame you pull THAT off? It'd be glorious.
>>
File: 1443129970569.gif (65 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
1443129970569.gif
65 KB, 752x752
>EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE DARK SOULS
>>
>Souls and Platinum fags in the same thread

Neither if them would make a decent Legends game. They're too extreme in what they specialize and Mega Man needs a nice balance of combat, exploration and platforming.
>>
>>323421915
Huge waste of potential, to be sure.
>>
>>323417470
>Think of a modified version of the Souls engine.
The engine's not built to handle that sort of gameplay, so it'd have to be heavily modified. There's no reason why From should be making the game, that being the case. There are plenty of other companies whose engines could be modified to a similar degree, so From doesn't have any particular advantage.

I'd rather see it internally developed anyways.
>>
>>323421291
I'm still confused about the canonical nature of the Zero virus because it seems like every time Capcom talks about it; they want to retcon the last thing they published or said about it. As of the Zero Collection Timeline it states it was "accidentally released" seeming to imply it was designed to be released sometime in some other way.

But leaving all that aside what we see empirically of "Virus Zero" or "Maverick Zero" or "Awakened Zero" or whatever the glowy Zero's name is would destroy the world on his own. He gets stronger the longer he fights, and if you wait all of like 8 minutes ingame he gets strong enough to Oneshot X. Then later He survived re-entry on a 400 ton space station. We don't have a nuke that powerful. And again this is all a matter of a few minutes or hours at most since X5 is on that mission clock.
>>
File: Zero Virus Canisters.png (256 KB, 638x344) Image search: [Google]
Zero Virus Canisters.png
256 KB, 638x344
>>323421881

Ultimately, from what we know of Wily, his entire motivation, including the constant take over the world schemes, boil down to one thing: Prove himself a superior roboticist to Dr. Light. I really doubt the original Wily is actually alive in X5; it's far more likely that it's actually a piece of his personality that somehow was inprinted into the Zero Virus code, the same way Dr. Light is apparently inprinted upon his Capsules. And that's the reason said avatar of Wily presumably helps Sigma, because as Sigma himself puts it, he hates X, as an extension of Light's work, almost as much as Sigma does.

I guess in the end we will never know what Zero's purpose was actually supposed to be. Could very well be that he was awoken prematurely, or was never supposed to awaken at all. Either way, considering Wily still had SOME scruples, "Kill Literally Everything" doesn't seem like Wily's MO and it's pretty safe to assume that the Virus wasn't working as intended.
>>
File: 38567643_p0.jpg (378 KB, 779x1400) Image search: [Google]
38567643_p0.jpg
378 KB, 779x1400
The more we talk about Megaman, the more I come back to the conclusion that I want more X. I don't know if a reboot or a continuation would be best. It's just one of the most interesting eras, even if a few of the games were pretty big blunders.

Maybe they could make a Maverick Hunter 2 and branch the storyline to make it less shitty and contrived.
>>
File: Zero - 2.jpg (290 KB, 1000x795) Image search: [Google]
Zero - 2.jpg
290 KB, 1000x795
>>323422325
That's because Capcom wants to reboot Megaman lore and, were it not for the series being dead, would have erased all mentions of the old lore already, and substituted it for a far worse one. The X game on the PSP attests to that, they changed the perfectly good and well-done "X needs to spend a long period of time undergoing extensive AI testing to ensure his stability" explanation for some half-assed "THE WORLD IS NOT READY FOR YOU" nonsense that a dying Light gives when asked by a barely conscious X.

"Accidentaly released" could also imply that the virus simply was never meant to BE released, and had some other purpose. The way the virus seems to warp and supercharge electronics seems to imply that it could simply be some sort of internal engineering system for the capsule, one that would constantly work upon and improve the Zero design as the years went on, like the yolk of an egg. Seems awfully competent for just that, but hey, the Weapon Copy System was a lab tool.
>>
File: zero-chaosfix.jpg (429 KB, 1400x1600) Image search: [Google]
zero-chaosfix.jpg
429 KB, 1400x1600
>>323421915
is that the original artwork of the discarded redone design?
>>
Why is From held so highly by underage kids on /v/?

They haven't made a single good game. Dark Souls is fucking terrible

A megaman game made by them would suck dick
>>
>>323422785
Or rather they don't really care about the storyline as much as anybody playing the games do and they just throw shit at the wall at random whenever they need something for a game.
>>
>>323422785
I don't think Capcom is fully to blame. It's the fact that the writers of the old games didn't have a lot of time, or possibly caring, to make the plots make sense. It was just a string of excuses to get 8 robots together and Sigma to return.
>>
File: Omega_Complete_sketches.jpg (240 KB, 1000x1450) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Complete_sketches.jpg
240 KB, 1000x1450
>>323422880
No that's fanart. This is the closest we got.
>>
File: Neo Arcadia.jpg (459 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
Neo Arcadia.jpg
459 KB, 424x600
>>323422880
I'm actually not quite sure, could as well be just fanart
Either way I really like it, it's far closer to the original design while also keeping the aesthetics of the Zero series

>>323422937
That is probably the case, but there are so many little details that line up or little snippets of lore that actually genuinely sound like good writing that it makes for a surprisingly interesting universe to talk about.
>>
How should Capcom approach Megaman at this point?

Continue any of the existing series? Megaman 11, X9, ZX3? Create a fresh branch? A reboot?
>>
>>323423505
8th series. Tied into that Man of Action show.
>>
>>323423505

They already have something in the works.

We'll know by next year once they start revealing more info on the cartoon.
>>
>>323423573
>>323423609

This is kind of what sparked the thought.

Any hopes for the cartoon? Personally, anything other than faithfulness to the original story is probably going to upset me.
>>
>>323417470
NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO HAVE SOULS COMBAT. I REPEAT. NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO HAVE SOULS COMBAT.
>>
>>323423505
They already rebooted X with the Maverick Hunter game, and I would give an arm and a leg for it to be rendered non-canon.
Stick to the existing lore. It is good. It has plenty of empty spaces to be filled, and each subseries exists mostly independently. What purpose would be there to a rebot?
>>
I love the Souls series but I'm not sure if it would work. Ranged combat is one of the weaker parts of those games. Megaman is also generally very fast paced where Souls are a bit slower and feel heavier.

I don't know how I'd like to see a new Legends game developed. It's a bit of a weird animal.
>>
Give Mega Man to WayForward
/thread
>>
>>323423716
Dark Souls game made by Platinum when?
>>
File: 1360734907744.png (557 KB, 822x1282) Image search: [Google]
1360734907744.png
557 KB, 822x1282
>>323423724
At least it gave us playable Vile. I haven't played it, but Vile's gameplay looked pretty neato.
>>
>2016
>yfw the last recent mega man title came out 6 years ago
>instead of reviving stuff like battle network for the 3DS they do shitty HD collections

I just want the long overdue new mega man 3ds title.
>>
>>323417470
Anon for the record i feel that's the fastest way to get a hard on.

On the other side of this I'm releasing a debug rom of megaman 64 (yes sadly the n64 port) around 1:30 PST. You'll be seeing it passed around soon.

Also its MM64's 15th birthday today
>>
File: Giovanni Ribisi.jpg (11 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
Giovanni Ribisi.jpg
11 KB, 214x317
>>323417470
>A (blank) game should be made by From Software.
>A (blank) game should be made by Platinum.

Can we please, please stop with this?
>>
A Sonic game made by Bethesda
>>
File: DrLight&MegaMan.png (172 KB, 416x486) Image search: [Google]
DrLight&MegaMan.png
172 KB, 416x486
>>323423784
Wayforward seems underfunded and half their games are kind of chintzy. You could choose a worse studio, but I don't think they're optimal.
>>
>>323423896
>On the other side of this I'm releasing a debug rom of megaman 64 (yes sadly the n64 port) around 1:30 PST.

any interesting goodies in it that you can name off the top of your head? Like cut weapons or game mechanics?
>>
>>323424112

Bloodborne sequel made by Toby Fox
>>
>>323423896
Drop a link here, also, you doing a writeup for TCRF?
>>
>>323424114
That's because they ARE underfunded and have to make do with small resources they have, but there's real talent shining through there.

I mean, if companies these days can't shuffle together enough money for a simple 2D platformer game (and people love those), what's happening to us?
>>
>>323423706

Joe Kelly is front running the show so there is some hope. What you have to worry about is if they're making a 2D show or 3D. 3D still looks cheap as hell. Man of Action doesn't do any actual animation.
>>
>>323423784

Hell no

They got great pixel artist and musicians, but when it comes to actual gameplay, they're mediocre as fuck.

Just give it to Treasure.
>>
>>323424314
All the more reason we need a studio that is notorious for doing a lot with only a little. If Megaman was outsourced, I don't think Capcom would give them a huge budget.

>what's happening to us?
Industry crash soon.
>>
File: Mega Grand Prix.png (616 KB, 2334x1700) Image search: [Google]
Mega Grand Prix.png
616 KB, 2334x1700
>>323423706
Y'see I know opinions are divided on this. That's why I hope it's new so they can do what every franchise has done in the wake of Mega Man take a bunch of common traits they like, that they can work with; then do what they think would be best with them making something new.

If they do an adaptation?
-I can't sit through 3 seasons of retreads on the Archie Comics. So shy of an origin story; I'd like to have them spin off in their own way if they do undertake the Classic series.
-For X? I think Man of Action has shown they can handle crazy shit on the design side with Generator Rex and Ben 10. So I'm not opposed to them taking on the other series where they have to make Animal-Robot-Warrior hybrids. But the weakest part here -as this thread goes over- is that they need to punch up the plot and definitely need to rework Sigma into a better character or do away with him. The latter I'd prefer but again controversy.
-Legends fans will be up in arms that the only tie-in they ever got were some chinese licensed mangas and inserts in Japanese only game guides. So I've seen plenty saying "they're due". But I don't think even if Capcom would let them; that there can be a faithful adaptation of Legends because it's a game about exploring a mysterious world, and at some point to make content they have to just make shit up. And... well... how's that different than making their own series after the 12 episodes it takes to recap the games?
-Zero felt pretty complete unto itself as a narrative, and I just don't think we're going to get an adaptation that doesn't star the title character.
-Battle Network had its own show and it's the most successful Mega Man show out of like 3. I don't think they're going back to this well, even if Viz isn't cockblocking.
-Conversely since Star Force fell on its face: and is the most recent failure I don't think they're going to back to that either.
>>
>>323424457
>Just give it to Treasure.
Has Treasure done well lately? I love their older stuff, but they seem kind of distanced from it now.
>>
>muh Dark Souls engine

Fuck off with that delusion.
Darl Souls gameplay isnt anything new. Several games did it before them.
>>
>>323424574

They have

They just don't do anything. They vanished.

Regardless, a mediocre Treasure game is 10x more enjoyable than the best Wayforward can put together. They're lacking talent on the actual design department.
>>
>>323424457
Pirate's Curse was gucci
>>
>>323424526
Let's be fair, Archie had a ton of padding. A cartoon wouldn't follow that pace.

There's also the possibility of a Megamix style retelling that kind of jumbles up the tales and gives us new interesting stories at the same time as reintroducing the old robot masters and giving them personalities. And from what I read, they still never did anything as weird as "Lion Men."
>>
>>323424526

>MegaMan is a ton of fun. We're having a blast working on him!

>We're trying to create a show that incorporates the best bits of the franchises many incarnations - and we have 30 years of stuff to choose from! I can say that, again, it's going to be a show that we would want to see as fans, kids and adults. It's exciting, funny and adds some new elements to the mythology as well as playing with the great toys already on the table.

>We've gotten exceptional support from Capcom and our partners at Dentsu, and I think we're on to a very fun show.
>>
>>323421915
Yeah I'm going to come out of the closet here and say it: I hate Omega. It's every hackney cliche that Mega Man ever used all rolled up and spat out on the plate.

Let's start at the bottom here: this is wrapped up in "Zero has amnesia" and it seems this is the closest to a payoff that the plot ever had, since Zero telling Copy X "X wasn't naive" was a fucking lie.
I hate him being retconned into existence as "The real enemy from the Elf War" despite its name clearly indicating the Dark Elf was the centerpiece of it.
I hate his introduction mandates the world's reaction to beating it the first time was "Let's put the doomsday weapon which successfully killed 99.9999999999% of the planet out of sight and out of mind, yeah give it our only space ship".
All that's just to get to "An Ancient Evil Awakens" which even the Mega Man franchise hadn't been stupid enough to do more than twice before.
I hate the evil clone angle every time it comes up. But they double down on it and go with "No it's not your Evil Clone it's your TRUE SELF!!".
Oh and nevermind that Weil built a massive Fulgore suit for him; that only was to limit his power.
I hate that they decided to make his ONLY GODDAMN LINE "I am the Messiah"
I hate we're treated to the fact Omega was the force corrupting the Mother Elf as a further villain hijack.
Then because they were so fucking proud of themselves for delivering this festering pile; they decided to bring Omega back in ZX.
This is all just Omega; not the nonsense plot about Wiel that demands the multidimensional villains that had showcased in Zero 1 and Zero 2 had to sit around with their thumbs up their asses doing what they knew would lead to the end of the world because "they were told to by an obvious fake".
>>
>>323424769

The Archie comics in general were trash and it's no wonder they never picked up in sales. They were just bad adaptions that did nothing good or interesting.

Megamix will always be the superior print medium adaption of Mega Man.
>>
>game made by fromsoft or platinum meme

for fuck sakes none of these would work out well :/

Unless its the armored core team, I could see, why something in that at least.
>>
>>323425082
>The Archie comics in general were trash
I wouldn't go that far. Archie had some good ideas of how to mend the game plots together. They also had some creative spins. The pacing was pretty bad though, and no fight lasted more than one page. They weren't suited to writing a comic about Megaman where the boss showdowns are the big draw.
>>
>>323424969
Well... what does that mean?

They still have to pick a series. Unless they're making a crossover or some kind of anthology show. Either of which would be insane.
>>
File: 1360260884754.png (4 KB, 189x209) Image search: [Google]
1360260884754.png
4 KB, 189x209
>>323425264
Right now I'm picturing some kind of variety show like Animaniacs with bits from all the sub-series. I can't imagine if that prospect is incredible or just daunting.
>>
>>323424769
I can only hope. Sure Archie had some padding and original issues and adapted some out of the way games. But showcasing 8 fights in 3 issues of 29 pages is actually a very fast pace for a straight game adaptation. Unless they do a lot of multiple robots vs Mega Man fights a show's not going to see Mega Man tear through 3 an episode.

That said; I don't want them to. I don't want to see plotless take over of 9 different power plants in 9 episodes. And I'd vastly prefer something more akin to action heavy episodes of Mega Man The Animated Series as far as Pacing goes... because Mega Man getting bathed by a french maid robot is not the kind of thing that's going to grab an audience.
>>
>>323425721
>Mega Man getting bathed by a french maid robot is not the kind of thing that's going to grab an audience.
Do continue...
>>
File: 1410725604671.jpg (167 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1410725604671.jpg
167 KB, 960x1280
>>323425721
>Mega Man getting bathed by a french maid robot is not the kind of thing that's going to grab an audience.
It would grab a KIND of audience.
>>
>>323425474
There's no way they'd get off the ground transitioning between 7 minute shorts where the principle named character changes.

Not unless they make a gag of Mega Man being an actor then sometimes forgetting to change helmets out between sets when he transitions from cyberspace to the real world circa 21XX
>>
File: 1381049968547.jpg (24 KB, 540x435) Image search: [Google]
1381049968547.jpg
24 KB, 540x435
>>323425949
It's how Warner Bros used to make cartoons.

I don't believe they'd actually do that in this day and age, mind you.
>>
>>323426087
Shit now I have a mental image of Dr Wile E Coyote. I hope you're proud of yourself.
>>
>>323426297
Yes, yes I'm proud. Also, we need a drawfriend.
>>
>>323425027
>I hate we're treated to the fact Omega was the force corrupting the Mother Elf as a further villain hijack.
Wait, what? WHAT?
>>
>>323426523
Yeah? The Dark Elf is "cured" of darkness and becomes the Mother Elf once Omega is destroyed.
>>
>>323426634
Welp I had completely forgotten that little plot point, and now I suddenly wish I had never remembered it.
>>
>>323424391
>>323423706
Is the date on this show still "2017"?
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.