[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the combat so fucking shit? It's just one big dumb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg.png
939 KB, 1000x500
Why is the combat so fucking shit? It's just one big dumb dps check after another. Sure is fun when your team/skells get one shotted and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it or prevent it. Can't revive anyone either because it takes forever to make 3000TP even with arts:gaintp. Overpower something or be overpowered, that's all there is here and it's stupid.
>>
File: 1451706074051.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451706074051.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>323414734
Kill yourself for being bad at video games
>>
File: 1246788056299.jpg (38 KB, 214x216) Image search: [Google]
1246788056299.jpg
38 KB, 214x216
>>323414862
>duh I make Ares90 or memeblossom build and oneshot shit, I am gud
Uh no. The combat is retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (502 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
502 KB, 1280x720
>overpower something or be overpowered
That's Vidya for you kiddo

Also
>post your skells
>where you at?
>review of the game
>>
>>323414998
>That's Vidya for you kiddo
No it isn't faggot. Only shit games. There's no strategy in XCX, just mmo rotations and farming for mats to make a skell/superweapon to one shot crap. That's all your "infinite overdrive" shit is a braindead rotation.

The Soul Voice mechanic is awful. What were they thinking? If you are in trouble you have to rely on rng shit for a heal.
>>
>>323415217
You sound casual as fuck
>>
>>323415436
You sound like a moron. This game is casual crap.
>>
>Fighting enemies that can one shot you aka far stronger than you
>Letting your HP get that low in fights
>Not setting up Soul Voices properly
Nope, other anons were correct, you're just bad
>>
>>323415641
>Fighting enemies that can one shot you aka far stronger than you
Wrong moron. For example Xe-dom's are not far stronger than level 50 skells and can still one shot them.
>Letting your HP get that low in fights
You have no control over your HP, it is entirely reliant on soul voice and a timed button b press, all triggered by rng. Doesn't matter how much potential you stack when the dumb voices don't trigger when you need them to
>Not setting up Soul Voices properly
Oh wow, setting your SV to make your party art line up sure is deep as fuck anon. Except it relies on rng shit again.

Nope anon, sounds like you don't even understand this rubbish game.
>>
I love this game, but your critiques aren't too far off.

The skill ceiling is shit to this game. It's this awkward mixture between turn based combat (where you can potentially beat things through sheer strategy), and actoin combat (where you can beat things through sheer skill), and ends up achieving neither.

It relies intensely on your equipment, far more than any other RPGs. It's just cool down management, when you boil it down. Even the high end strategic way to play isn't strategically challenging, just knowing what arts to refresh when.

The way you fight different enemies doesnt change outside of what elements theyre weak to, but that's not a matter of how you play, just what elemental build you need. Besides, that only comes into play with the super bosses.

There's no micro trial and error mid match, no learning while the battle is happening, just avoiding making simple mistakes. Shit, the combat is ALREADY solved, and its been out for how long?
>>
>>323415217
Soul Voices are great and work great, but I agree with you otherwise.

It's still less obvious rotation bullshit than the original Xenoblade, but Overdrive and Skells fucked it up big time, I miss the old Chain Attack.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.