[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make a video game about firefighting fun? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: n-FIREFIGHTER-large570.jpg (55 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
n-FIREFIGHTER-large570.jpg
55 KB, 570x238
How would you make a video game about firefighting fun? What genre would it be? (Strategy, FPS, etc.)
>>
Like a Call of Duty single player.

>RAMIREZ, get that fucking ladder and save the kitty from the tree
>>
>>323414658
Similar to the Trauma Center games, as in a mission system wherein you use a variety of tools to solve an objective. Of course the plot has to go aliens or something just like TC
>>
Don't do it realistically, fire is a fucking bitch to do right.
>>
>>323414658
The fire mechanic in far cry 2 was pretty fun. Often setting a fire would be more useful than using guns.
If there was a way to put the fires out it wouldve been great.
Funnily enough, a bushfire near me just burnt down an entire town and killed a few people, and its still spreading
>>
>>323414658
This was one of my favorite games on the PS2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq2O39v4f9k
>>
File: 461-burning-rangers-002-rgxzo.jpg (178 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
461-burning-rangers-002-rgxzo.jpg
178 KB, 1024x768
Burning Rangers in HD
>>
>>323414658
Yo I remember this firefighting game I played at Chuck-E-Cheese when I was a kid, it was like a lightgun shooter but you got hoses instead. I forgot the name of it, but damn it was fun as fuck.
>>
>>323414658
>>323417140
This with the theme intact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMyHJhe2ggM
>>
>>323416734
I like the idea of using specific tools for certain tasks, as it mirrors the real thing. I'm kind of set on the notion of a first-person game, though. I feel like a big part of the appeal would be immersing the player in the chaos of a fire from the firefighter's perspective.

My ideal game would follow Rainbow Six Siege's model:

>FPS
>teamwork-oriented (at least in theory)
>map centered around a family house for smaller teams
>larger teams could take on warehouse/skyscraper fires
>rescuing victims and minimizing damage by putting the fire out as quickly as possible would be priority

You could also have different "hero" characters with their own personalities and tool sets, a la Siege. That way, no one person can do everything, and he'd have to rely on his team. Possible classes:

>hose crews
>breachers/rescuers
>chiefs/lieutenants
>>
You could also have an AI director like in Left 4 Dead that causes certain events to happen as the match progresses. For example, it would control where/when the fire spreads and how fast, how many victims are in the house, etc. It could cause a collapse (which would require the firefighters to rescue their teammate). It could also determine the cause of the fire, which would dictate how it should be fought, and which doors are locked, blocked by debris, etc.
>>
>>323417657
Require the user to run the game on an nvidia to simulate the raging inferno
>>
Play Flame Over.
>>
>>323417657
>>323418102
I had another idea. You could do it like the old Rainbow Six games, Doorkickers, etc. Make it like a tactics simulator, where you play the role of the chief and direct your firefighters around the house, with the option to take control of any one of them at will. Planning and resource management would be key.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 496x368
Make it an anime rpg with cute lolis and heroic sacrifices.

Also anthropomorphize the fire.... And the buildings.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.