[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Contrarian Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: 4426.jpg (80 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
4426.jpg
80 KB, 590x400
ITT: post

One game you hate that everyone else loves

One game you love that everyone else hates

Non-pleb Mode: Explain why

>Metal Gear Solid V
This game is so fucking boring. The stealth is repetitive and while it's fun at first it gets more and more tiring the more I go on. Most upgrades are absolutely useless as you can get through most of the game by spamming SLEEP DART, FULTON, SLEEP DART, FULTON, SLEEP DART... there was just no real motivation to research anything other than to satisfy my OCD. The writing, holy mother of piss stained Kojima, the writing. I don't remember that I've been this bored by a cutscene before. Every single one is like twenty minutes long and all the dialogue is so dragged out, bland and unnecessary. Other games have less exposition in the entire game than most of these fucking cutscenes.
The on thing I really liked though was the mother base aspect. If they released an entire game just like that I'd be happy.

>Assassin's Creed: Unity
Does Ubisoft deserve to get panned for this game? Yes. Does that mean the game deserves the hate it gets? I don't think so. While the optimization is piss poor and the story is kinda sluggish, the gameplay is probably the best in the series. Combat is actually difficult, stealth is much more meaningful, parkour feels smoother and more responsive (mostly), most missions take an open ended hitman approach, alive and stunning open world, customization options to the hearts content, side quests are actually challenging and interesting and not just pointless filler (although there's still a lot of it] and they actually get me really immersed in the world. While 2 and 4 are better overall games, this is probably the best example of what AssCreed should be.
>>
>>323412957

>Hate: GTA: Vice City
I don't think it's a bad game, but the characters are uninteresting, the setting is boring, and I can't get into it, no matter how much I try.

>Love: DMC
The gameplay is fantastic, Donte is fun, and not much of an edgelord, like people like to think, and I liked the bosses, just too few of them to ask for a good boss rush mode.
>>
>CS:GO
It's repetitive, only popular because of memes

>undertale
the game itself is okay, the community makes me want to kill myself, though.
>>
I can't stand metroid prime. the controls aren't annoying and terrible like most console FPS because they just gave you crazy autoaim on everything and you only ever fight a couple enemies at once, so it's instead super easy.

the rest of the game is just reading history/biology books about things that aren't real and backtracking in extremely un-enjoyable ways (unlike 2d metroid games)

the sequels are even worse, adding more and more of the things everyone hates in FPS (keycard hunting to open doors, super restrictive ammo on weapons, lengthy cutscenes and QTE's)

I've had way too much of the wrong kind of fun from sonic 2006. The game is so broken and glitchy that you can have a lot of fun finding new ways to break it in half and skip past everything or just laugh at how stupid everything is that's happening on screen. Anyone that says this game is the worst sonic game and not the literally dozens of painfully mediocre ones is silly.
>>
Skyrim is boring as fuck with a million things to do but no reason to do most of them.

Pokémon is boring and repetitive with no good story to justify the shit gameplay.

Kingdom Hearts is literally a fan fiction. But fuck me do i love it
>>
>Devil May Cry. The entire series
Here's why, a game that's marketed as CUHRAZY and "fast combat" it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. And there's no reason why the series has to have an atmosphere like that of a horror game. Don't give me the excuse the original game was gonna be RE4, RE4 isn't a horror game either. Also, Dante is a jackass that's completely unlikable. "I LIKE PIZZA I'M SO COOL XD" The character

>Final Fantasy XIII
I love that the characters seem desperate to find a way to solve their Focus, even if they don't know what it is. Is it linear? Yes, very, but I still think the story is pretty good. It's no FFVI, but I can still say I enjoyed it.
>>
>>323412957

>The Last of Us
The story has been done multiple times already, the characters are bland ore unlikeble, Joel's daughter at the beginning is insulting since she's a tool for the players so they can fall in love with Ellie later on and the gameplay is just the same boring shtick Uncharted did but with some stealth elements and a weird upgrade system. God-awful? No, but people need to stop giving it 10/10 and awards as if it's the best game of all time.

>Marvel: Avengers Alliance
It's a Facebook/mobile game, i know, and it became more and more jewish as time went on, but honestly it can be pretty fun even played without spending anything, and has a very interesting story to boot, not to mention the countless characters avaible, some of wich are really obscure or have never been used in a Marvel videogame.
>>
>>323413326
I think people are seriously mistaken as to how good dmc actually is. It's not a good devil may cry game, but on its own it's pretty awesome.
>>
>>323413871
>RE4 isn't a horror game either

Neither is any RE but the first one.
Your point?
>>
File: 09d8hjm.gif (842 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
09d8hjm.gif
842 KB, 500x268
>>323412957
Hate: VNs
Seriously WTF can someone explain these to me. It's like someone was too fucking lazy to make an RPG/Puzzle game/whatever you call Dragon's Lair and gave us the most barebones, barely interactive shit at the same price as genuinely fun indies/old games. I didn't buy a PC to use as a fucking kindle ]
>Love: Skyward Sword
This was a good zelda, I can't even get where most of the hate comes from. It was nowhere hear as fucking repeditive/backtracking as Twilight Princess and some of the fucking DS games (FUCKING SPIRIT TRACKS). Wasn't as unbalanced as Twilight Princess or ALBW giving you the best weapons early, (like those 2 games, but still made games really fucking easy). Was only zelda game that tried to challenge you with combat besides Z-target ->mash sword/projectile and motion controls were pretty spot on. Challenged usual zelda conventions with bosses like ghirahim who forced you to adapt and adjust swordplay while fighting with no puzzle solving elements while still having puzzle element bosses. Also making fun of cliche shit and giving us some truly wierd/memorable side quests
>>
TMNT4. Mediocre game only liked because of the license, it's not even top 20 in the genre.

Can't think of any 2bh, maybe will update later.
>>
File: 1449789153396.jpg (92 KB, 608x610) Image search: [Google]
1449789153396.jpg
92 KB, 608x610
>Xenoblade Chronicles
It just feels like a spam fest and the plot was going nowhere fast

>Bioshock Infinite
It looked pretty and is fun on hard, Elizabeth a cute
>>
File: 1390187958368.jpg (137 KB, 355x440) Image search: [Google]
1390187958368.jpg
137 KB, 355x440
The Ape Escape games were just mediocre gimmick games to sell the dualshock
Undertale is absolute shit with awful writing, characters and combat. There are much better Earthbound wannabes that came before it
The Yakuza games have shit combat that boils down to mashing square and hitting triangle to watch a cutscene
Sonic is a garbage franchise, the handful of good games do not make up for the avalanche of crap
>>
File: 1452192415448.jpg (389 KB, 3264x1321) Image search: [Google]
1452192415448.jpg
389 KB, 3264x1321
>>323412957
>One game you hate that everyone else loves
Smash bros: Melee.
Fuck that wavedashing shit.

>One game you love that everyone else hates
I wouldn't say LOVE but I think Shadow the Hedgehog gets a lot more hate than it deserves.

I mean yeah, it was a bad game, but I enjoyed the hell out of it, it was unique and fun
>>
>>323412957
Hate: MGS4
It's so damn boring and just goes on, and on, and on...

Love: Prototype 2
It's fun, even if it's worse compared to its predecessor.
>>
Love: >implying

Hate: Undertale

The combat system (if you can call it that) is a slap in the face to anyone who went in wanting some good, traditional RPG action. It'd be like wanting to play Mario Kart but then having to play Tetris instead. Sure, there's nothing really wrong with Tetris, but I wanted to play Mario Kart, dammit. And when I hear 'Earthbound 2.0', I want my fucking turn-based battle system, not this bullshit bullet hell/Touhou lite mixed with some retarded Flash game if you want to take the 'Evil' route.

Oh, and let's talk about its so-called originality. This game completely rips off Spec Ops: The Line in its attempts to paint regular RPG choices (like, y'know, fighting) as eeeeeevil and badwrong.

The fandom is also fucking atrocious. Bronies 2: Autism Rises.
>>
Question OP. Does everyone mean normies or just /v/?
>>
>>323413718
>Pokémon is boring and repetitive with no good story to justify the shit gameplay.
Multiplayer, no one but children play Pokemon just for the story.
>>
>>323415391
Whatever suits you best.
>>
>>323412957
>Hate
Witcher 2. Tedious and uninteresting.
>Love
Undertale. It was really fun, and not just gameplay but the story and characters and all that.
>>
>>323414929
Ok for games hated i think of Street Fighter 2010, many people disliked the difficulty but i thought it was a quite solid and fun action-platformer.
>>
>>323415391
Is there really a difference?
>>
> Hate
Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
I don't actually hate it, but it's one of my least favourite main-series Ratchet games, and I hate how it's regarded as the best by so many people. The level design is so casualised compared to 1&2, it's all (with one or two exceptions) a linear path, where the previous two games had 2-3 paths on every planet and sections that were purely optional in exchange for a cool item. The focus went from Platformer with ranged combat (R&C1) to Platformer with half-decent shooting (R&C2) to a Shooter with platforming controls (R&C3). The game was paced like a shooter, it was combat room after combat room against military type foes, almost no comfy exploring of alien planets fighting the wildlife. The sense of wonder and exploration was gone from the story as well, you went back to the Phonix after every level just to be told where to go next. In previous games each planet gave a natural reason to go to the next one (and there was times with 2-3 choices in which level to do next).

> Love
Killzone 1
this game has some glaring issues (some fixed in the HD version), but I still love it. The atmosphere and look/sound of everything is really good, and the choice of 4 playable characters is something really cool for an FPS and sadly something abandoned by the sequels. Multiplayer was also really fun back in the day. It's probably mostly nostalgia (it was my first proper FPS), but I unironically love this game.
>>
>>323415547
Your awful taste is in no way surprising.
>>
File: u fkn srs.jpg (8 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
u fkn srs.jpg
8 KB, 220x276
>>323415663
And we already have that faggot ladies and gents!
>>
File: 5h corridor shooter.png (182 KB, 256x316) Image search: [Google]
5h corridor shooter.png
182 KB, 256x316
>>323412957
Pic related is a 5-hour corridor shooter with less than 8 guns and enemy types. It's not even call-of-duty tier, it is genuine shit generic FPS nonsense that is only loved because people are starved for a decent Star Wars game.

>Dragon Age 2
Rented it for a week for 5$, enjoyed the shit out of it. Funny writing, good gameplay (just because it wasn't Origins-gameplay doesn't make it bad, it just makes it not Origins.) Perfectly fine game if you weren't a retard who bought or preordered it for 60$,
>>
Undertale is unpopular
>>323413345
>>323413345
>>323415547

Undertale is popular
>>323415165
>>323415368
>>
>hate
2D sonic games. Sonic is at it's most fun when you are going fast, yet the 2d games have forced platforming that require you to slow down, and if you are doing well and are going fast, you can't even react to shit ahead of you fast enough to dodge or anything. Like, the human brain is actually not fast enough with how little screen space there is.

The adventure games have platforming that you can still do while going fast, and actually are set up so that you can see ahead of you early enough that even at high speeds you can react if you are good enough, and the level design is linear, but with alternate paths that help you conserve your momentum if you are skilled enough

tl;dr 2d sonics punish you forr going fast, the 3d ones reward you

>love:
Halo as a franchise: Music is great, Each of the games has a huge amount of content compared to it's competitors, minus halo 5, great visual design, and some of the best lore in vidya

Even if you aren't a fan of the gameplay you shouldn't think it's shit.

Undertale is good too
>>
ITT mostly people with shit taste
>>
>>323412957
>Contrarian
>Explaining
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: SLAP.png (11 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
SLAP.png
11 KB, 500x300
>>323416089
Do you understand what the word "Contrarian" mean?
>>
>>323416089
Please, do share your god-tier contrarian taste, Anon.
>>
>>323416052
Its not popularity fuck tard
Its popular and hated because its over popular
>>
>Hate
Any other game
>Love
Shrek fucking Super Party. I have played this game and only this game for the past 14 years. I main Thelonious because he's got the best hitbox body/head ratio. Getting precious drops with the maximum area is of the utmost importance in winning this masterpiece of a game. The art style was truly innovative at the time, with the caricature-esque characters showing their true personalities and the Mirror on the Wall narrating the gameplay really ties the universe together. Dueling allows for the more experienced players to have the same experience as the newbies while keeping the highly competitive nature of the game. It takes all the issues of other similar games such as Fusion Frenzy but without the gay ass characters. All this perfection already and I haven't even gotten into the gameplay. There are many modes in this but one in particular for the true hardcore gamer in you. Royal motherfucking ropes. Royal Ropes is simple from an uneducated player's perspective but a true master of Royal Ropes is able to both capture the gems needed to claim victory as well as incapacitate their foes for the extra BURN. The story is impeccable and as such I can't reveal much, but Donkey's ending is the absolute GOAT. I would highly recommend this game to anyone but don't play with me because I'll fucking SHREKT you LOL memes.
>>
>>323414035
I personally liked the combat better than 2 and 4, but It's not better than 3 or had the rough charm of the first one.
>>
>Hate

KOTOR 2 I bought this on steam sale, and holy shit it was so bad, the controls were awful and the mouse click function didnt work, after researching it I found out you either have to modify files so the game doesn't play cutscenes or mod it with an unofficial patch, absolutely fucking awful, should not have to download and modify files just so your fucking shitty game is playable.

>Love

Kingdoms of amalur Dont really care for the story, but man that chakram and magic combat is damn satisfying
>>
>>323412957
>Hate: Persona 4
I have said this before but persona is a bad dating sim with very few dialogue options.
It is a bad rpg with bad mechanics and combat.
Somehow combining the two makes people think it's good.
>Love: Escape from Bug Island
A wii horror game that I freaking love for having a creepy but cheesy atmosphere and weird as fuck story, while at the same time being tons of fun to play
Everyone hates it for some reason.
>>
>>323412957

HATE:

> The Witcher 1
God I fucking hate this game. The combat system is the worst thing I've ever had to suffer through. The story is bland, character interaction is as engaging as two 2x4s talking to each other and it runs like shit.

> Halo Wars
I'm not sure how most people like this but for some reason I can't stand Halo Wars. It's not that I don't like RTS games, I do, Halo Wars is just not fun for me. The story is pretty good though.

LOVE:

>Bioshock 2
I consider Bioshock 2 to be the best of the series. I think that Bioshock 1 is more survival horror so playing 2 you don't get that feeling, and that's why people don't like it. Multiplayer was really fun, shame it's dead now. Capture the sister was fucking aids though. Better story, gameplay, choices, ending, plasmids, tonics, DLC. I love it.

>Halo ODST
Halo ODST is in my top 3 games of all time. It's a buzzword but the atmosphere of the game is what I love. The story is good, you can't brute force situations and the levels are more than "GO THERE SHOOT THAT FUCK YEAH MASTER CHIEF REPEAT".
>>
>>323416083
>the 3d ones reward you
They don't reward you, they just don't care at a point because trying to limit and punish a player in a 3D environment is either really tedious on the designer or really lazy and obnoxious for the player (invisible walls). You can "speedrun" through the beach level in SA precisely because the obstacles are really only on linear paths you're expected to take. Alternative paths is quite the stretch to define that approach since it's less a planned thing and more you just forgoing the design. As such there's no challenge so there's no punishment for failure. You might fall off the terrain and die but even that isn't really much of a deterrent since it's not a guaranteed result to discourage you.

I will agree on you with this, The 2D games have too far limited a view for their speed, the 3D ones as a result of their perspective have a slightly better degree but at higher speeds even it can become hindered by keeping track of your position and what's around you. I think a map or something would help with that, trying to familiarize yourself with a level to the point of muscle memory instead of reaction isn't always for the best experience.
>>
File: Barry.png (612 KB, 643x763) Image search: [Google]
Barry.png
612 KB, 643x763
>>323416646
I donno what to say man
I find P4 charming
>>
File: 98uhnnaf.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
98uhnnaf.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>323416582
>Love: Kingdoms of Amalur
>>
>>323416727
That's pretty standard opinion of Bioshock 2 here besides story.
>>
>>323416582
>>323416987
I-I am not alone?
>>
>>323416771
I felt like all the charm of the game came from the freaking amazing soundtrack.
Other than that, the characters were the tropes you find in most weeb anime/games so I was already pretty familiar with them and the world and enemy designs just felt really bland to me.
It just didn't manage to create its own feel and felt pretty generic. But that may be just me.
>>
>>323416582
I feel you on Kingdoms of Amalur. It's literally a singleplayer MMO that should fail for that reason alone, but man that combat just hits me in all the right places. The DLCs were amazing too.
>>
>Love
Gears of War. Best TPS series still. People who lambast it for being whack-a-mole don't know how to play.

>Hate
Not "hate" exactly, but Mass Effect 1. The mediocre story and good atmosphere do not make up for it being a half-finished mess with bland squad members, boring planets, meaningless upgrades, padded leveling, disgustingly reused sidequest assets, bevy of glitches and graphical fuckups, and some of the worst shooting I've ever seen. ME2 was ten times the game ME1 was despite toning back the leveling and shoehorning ammo.
>>
Hate:
Mass Effect 2 for streamlining everything good about Mass Effect 1 into just another cover shooter with bare bones RPG elements. A few powers were cool though like Charge.

Love:
The Shrek 2 licensed game. It's linear and so easy it's practically impossible to lose but it's fun as fuck beating up shitloads of things with the Shrek cast and the level aesthetics are awesome and well thought out.
>>
>>323416753
>Alternative paths is quite the stretch to define that approach since it's less a planned thing and more you just forgoing the design.

It's way more apparent in SA2, in city escape for instance, you are forced to take slower paths if you aren't gud enough to grind or jump off the horizontol poles right and so on.
>>
>>323418257
Fuck you, ME2 was the best in the series
I loved ones setting, 2 had a good character plot and fun gameplay
3 is where they said "What the fuck is space" and made it generic as fuck
>>
File: 1451878413410.gif (812 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451878413410.gif
812 KB, 800x600
>>323412957
>MGSV
>everyone loves
>>
>hate: Dota 2 and LoL
i don't have anything against them personally. i've never played either. but everyone i've ever met irl that liked them was kind of an asshole (even though i got along well with them) and that tells me something about the community in general.

>love: assault android cactus
best twin stick shooter i've played in forever. nobody seems to play it because it is local co-op only, as well as the $15 dollar price tag. also, the battery timer is a casual filter, and some folks just can't deal with it.
>>
>>323412957

>CS:GO
The gunplay and general gameplay of CS:GO isn't bad, the formula is pretty solid and this allows the game to have the competitive nature it does. HOWEVER, I cannot play CS:GO alone, the community is even more toxic than the players I've met on Dota 2, and I've heard some the most cancerous thing said in that game than anywhere else. I only play the game with my friends, but otherwise, if I solo-que, I almost always leave with a bad taste leftover. Too many times have I matched with 'de-rank squads' who only ruin the game for their lolz.

>BF4
I've played BF my whole life, 1942 was my first game ever when I was like 8 or 10, some of my best memories are on BF2. BF3 wasn't that great, the removal of a lot of mechanics and classes wasn't something that a lot of people liked, and it should've been foreseen in BFBC and BFBC2. I still enjoyed BF3, but not in the same way I did BF2. Then DICE-Sweden released the shit show that was BF4's launch, the game was god-awful and completely broken. Thankfully, EA made DICE-Sweden hand the reigns of development off to DICE-LA, and they gave life to the game. The state BF4 is in now is superb to BF3, and slightly reminiscent of BF2. I keep coming back to BF4 now and I always have fun, the entry curve is also negated by the fact that you get lots of XP boosts in like every battlepack, so catching up doesn't take as long as it did in BF3.
>>
>Dragon Quest 8
I just don't see the appeal. Every single aspect of the game seems mediocre at best, excepting perhaps length/amount of content.

>Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
I'm really glad I tried this game despite the torrent of hate it received from the fanbase. The combat mechanics are great; there are multiple ways to approach every situation and meaningful choices throughout. The enemies are interesting and varied, the game doesn't really have "throw away" encounters. Nearly everything poses a very real threat and can heavily punish mistakes.

Dragon Quarter also has much better resource management than nearly any other game in the genre. This becomes especially apparent when playing the "iron man" modeb where you really have to put some thought into your item usage.

The overall plot is simple but serviceable. The characterization is handled in a more subtle fashion than is typical of the medium: you are expected to infer a lot of things from the characters' actions rather than just having everything spelled out in dialogue.

The game isn't without flaws, but it mostly seems to draw criticism just for being different from its predecessors.
>>
>>323413718
>Skyrim is boring as fuck with a million things to do but no reason to do most of them.

I feel this way about every Bethesda game. There's a ton of content, but somehow none of it is interesting or entertaining.

>>323414035
It's not entirely terrible, but it's not a particularly notable entry into the genre either.
>>
>>323413345

This is pretty much the other way around. Mouthbreathers that love minecraft and indie platformers hate CS GO even though it's great game. Meanwhile Undertale is overrated junk.
>>
>>323420624
>I feel this way about every Bethesda game. There's a ton of content, but somehow none of it is interesting or entertaining.

Damn brother. I thought I was the only one. I tried them all but haven't finished a single Bethesda game.
>>
>>323412957
I totally agree with you about AC Unity. Have you played syndicate yet? And more importantly have you played the Jack the Ripper DLC? It totally flips the series on its head with difficult combat, people fleeing from you after you kill someone in the streets, a terror level on your prey as you stalk them around London, spooky noises, brutal kills, and a cool story.

Anyways...

>Half Life 2
The tech was great at its time when it was released and I remember my friends and I spending time just throwing barrels and shit around. That being said the game itself was so fucking slow and tedious that I fell asleep on two separate occasions playing it. Not a very good game if you ask me.

>Bioshock Infinite
I didn't get into the pre release hype so at the time I didn't really know about what could have been or should have been. On that note I really enjoyed the setting, pacing, music, and the gameplay. Being able to zip around then drop kick your enemies while shooting a guy from a distance always felt satisfying. The story was cool, but it wasn't as captivating and creepy as the original. All in all I had fun with it and really liked what they did with the burial at sea episodes.
>>
>>323412957
Hate
>Super Mario 3D World
Level design was bland as all hell. For the most part, it was just the exact same thing from the previous New Super series of games but just with a slight bit of Z-Axis to it. The difficulty is so low that it's boring to get through it. Even the usual "It's fun with friends" thing barely works because the difficulty and level design do not accommodate other players. It's also hard as hell to have a critical discussion about it because as a Nintendo game, it gets a free pass due to Music, the 100% bonus area, and "do you hate fun?" Maybe I would have enjoyed it if it was just a side title or only on 3DS like 3D Land, but 3D World is all that stands for a mainline console Mario title.

Love
>Call of Duty: Ghosts
The loadout system in multiplayer was an enjoyable change to player progression. Extraction was a nice twist to the Zombies gamemode. The game felt great overall. The campaign felt more enthralling than past games and surprised me by breaking low expectations I had for a CoD campaign at that point. Despite a sense they were awkwardly trying to get the Battlefield audience with its overtly large maps, a criminal lacking of Ground War, the underuse of Squads, and the campaign beginning like a generic CoD game, Ghosts is still one of my favorites in the series and a pleasant start to the franchise starting to be fun again.
>>
>>323414436
I just realized how fashionable those two guys are now. That hair was way ahead of its time.
>>
>>323421705
Sorry, *Extinction
>>
File: 87472164424.gif (2 MB, 270x193) Image search: [Google]
87472164424.gif
2 MB, 270x193
>>323421529

Wow. Just wow.
>>
>Mass Effect series
Trite storyline, absolutely GARBAGE gameplay. I tried all three games and was bored to tears by the "combat". As overused as the word is, "casual" describes it perfectly. Stilted dialogue, predictable stories.

>Far Cry 2
I know some people love it, but a lot of people seem to hate it. You get out what you put in to that game, and I never understood people complaining about the malaria thing. The whole game is driving to places and killing people, and that's exactly what you have to do to get medicine. It's doesn't break the flow at all.
The progression of weapons is fun, and the upgrades matter. The game as a whole is repetetive for SURE, but the gun play itself is satisfying and the AI is actually pretty prone to surprising you.
I really enjoyed the minimalist style of the story. Some deeper meaning to it, and that act of betrayal near the end is pretty brutal the first time you play through it.
I also really enjoy the voice acting; they talk fast and too the point, which is exactly how the speak, especially in south Africa... And it might be the only game that DOESN'T have an awkward pause when one NPC is supposed to interrupt another.
Lots of attention to detail in the environment; stand in water, fire a gun, hear the shell plop into the water and hiss because it's hot.
>>
>>323417047

No it fucking isn't, go ahead and make a thread right now about Bioshock 2 being better than 1 in any way.

Have fun.
>>
>>323422246
Another great detail is when someone is giving you a mission and waving the dossier around in front of you, you can just grab it out of their hand while they're in mid-sentence. They interrupt themselves and remark on it, like
"Okay okay big guy, go to it"
The first time I found that out was when I died and forgot to quick save. I was annoyed because I had to listen to the guy give me the mission again, so I went to button mash on the thing, grabbed it out of his hand, and got butthurt.

Also, your reputation increasing and people becoming scared of you in the cease-fire zones is a really nice touch.
>>
File: 1448368239184582564.jpg (235 KB, 698x560) Image search: [Google]
1448368239184582564.jpg
235 KB, 698x560
Hate: Your favorite game

It is shit. Playing it is literally like consuming feces. You must be retarded to like it.

Love: The game you most hate

This underrated gem has literally every good thing a video game can have. You must be a retard to dislike it. Playing it is like eating delicious pizza, except not as fattening.
>>
>>323412957
>Tomb Raider '13
This game is openly shitting on entire legacy set by the franchise. By combination of executive meddling, abysmal writing by hack using her daddy's surname to make her look good, infestation of SquareEnix cliches and tropes, bland gameplay that goes from puzzle-solving platformer to cover-shooter with straigh paths ahead and poorly implemented gameplay mechanics that just don't make sense or are used ONCE, this game deserves every bit of scorn for being shit

>Fallout 2
The entire "Memeout 2 is... a meme itself. The game is an improvement in every single way over the first, creating world more vibrant, more interesting and much more complex. It also gives player a free hand to play it, after initially giving few general hints where to go and what to do. The NPCs alone make this game worth playing. It also comes with great "mod", aka the Restoration Project, which is pretty much putting back everything that didn't make it thanks to rushed release. In short - one of the best cRPGs ever created, which modern audiences hate for the sake of hating. And the game still stands tall after all those years
>>
>>323413326

>Hate: Undertale
Tried so hard to like this game, it was just so boring. I can see the story trying to be a bit "different" but really it's not enough. The gameplay is just too fucking boring to keep me engaged. It's weird because I've certainly loved some turn-based JRPG's (persona games, chrono trigger, etc.). I'll give it praise for the soundtrack though, I've only played the game for about 5 hours now and the soundtrack is the only reason why; shit is legitimately good.

>Love: I can't believe I'm saying this but...Black Ops 3
I honestly don't know what happened but they nailed the MP with this game. Everything from the maps to the mechanics has literally brought a new spark in this series. It just werkz all of a sudden. I feel like I'm back to a freshman in high school again playing Call of Duty 4 for hours on end again. On top of that single-player was a decent ride.
>>
>Final Fantasy IX

I honesty don't understand why so many "diehard" Final Fantasy fans jack off to this game. While I did like the ability system, I thought the combat was slow and boring. The characters and environment were also uninteresting to me when I played it. I believe I got up to disc three and just stopped. I don't know if I'll ever give this game another chance, but it's possible.
>>
>>323422246

>I also really enjoy the voice acting; they talk fast and too the point, which is exactly how the speak, especially in south Africa... And it might be the only game that DOESN'T have an awkward pause when one NPC is supposed to interrupt another.

HOLY SHIT THIS

Why do so many voice acted games have this issue? Why is it so hard to time an interruption properly? Why do they have the first person just stop in the middle of their
>>
>>323422246
>And it might be the only game that DOESN'T have an awkward pause when one NPC is supposed to interrupt another.
>>323423743
What do you mean by that? I've played it but I don't understand what you two are talking about.
>>
>>323423743
Localization. The devs are adding some padding between phrases, so they won't have to re-time the entire scene when translating the game to a different language with different sentence structure and length.
>>
>>323412957
>hate but people love
Metal Gear

>love but y'all hate
Terraria
>>
>>323423923

If you play most other games, any time that one character interrupts another it goes:

>NPC 1: man I sure do love videogames, so-
>[pause]
>NPC 2: Holy shit who cares

Which isn't how interruptions actually work.

>>323424282

I've noticed it in games that haven't been localised though, I'm pretty sure it's happened in the Yakuza games.
>>
>>323422246
I feel like the dialogue could've used a bit more in some areas. It wasn't as much concise as it was just plain rushed.
>>
>>323416485
Can't really have better combat than 4 when it has better combat than 3. Also the bosses for the most part were shit and way too easy.
>>
>>323424494
>implying the Terraria circlejerk hasn't gained enough friction that its power could launch a neutron at a collection of Uranium atoms to create a new man-made element called Austiston
>>
>>323413718
The Batshit insane plot of KH is half the reason I play them. The other being the combat.
>>
>>323414035

I'm pretty much on this side of the fence too in the long run. Really could have been good on its own. Awful as fuck PR campaign though.

Anyway, let's see.

Counter Strike in general. It's a pretty fucking good multiplayer FPS, but with its popularity sci-fi themed FPS really got fucked over until say, stuff like Halo I guess or something. I still think for all the shit COD4 gets, this game should get even more.

Mortal Kombat 4. Even just for the endings and how bonkers fast it can be. But mostly the endings.
>>
>>323412957
Fuck hotline miami.

I like kingdom hearts 258/Days
>>
>hate

Crisis Core. Now I'm a huge fanboy for FF7 but CC is just an insult to both the franchise and humanity itself. The gameplay is like Kingdom Hearts, except requires less thought, controls even worse and has some annoying slot system that slaps control out of your hands every 15 seconds even on the most mundane of battles. And more often than not it does fuck all damage making it a complete waste of time anyway. Not to mention it has bar none the worst encounter rate in the history of video games, you literally - and I do mean LITERALLY - go for less than one fucking second from one tediously drawn out battle to the next.

Story wise, oh where do I fucking begin? Everyone shits on Genesis like he's the biggest thing wrong with the game. And yes he is a huge faggot but he's hardly any worse than the rest of the cast. You have Zack, who is basically a brunette Naruto with less character development. Aerith, who had even less personality and development than her original incarnation, and is much more annoying (if that's even possible!). Angeal (which is Angel but with an extra "a" LOLSODEEP) who is nothing more than a plot device and a retard who refuses to use his sword because it'll wear down, no joke. Cloud, Sephiroth and Tseng are pretty much the only characters who haven't been butchered. The dialogue is easily the worst that Square has ever written, which is an amazing accomplishment given their track record - characters say and do things with no rhyme or reason, every other line either involves soldiers being monsters having wings with dreams etc. or is alluding too it. Not even the Star Wars prequels were this cringey.

Worse still was how everyone was going on about it being the best thing to come out of the compilation (like that's worthy of merit to begin with) and even better than FF7 itself (toppest laugh of the century). In short this game is northing short of beyond abysmal on every level and if you unironically like it you have shit taste.
>>
>>323418257
Fully agree with you on ME2. It removed absolutely everything that was interesting about 1, including the story that was actually going somewhere at a decent pace. The entire plot was literally filler and had you fighting against an enemy that didn't even fucking exist before. It's absolute bullshit.
If I wanted to play a shitty cover shooter I'd play gears of war or something, ME2 was better at it than ME1, but the combat in neither is good enough to stand on its own.
ME2 was such a fucking disappointment that I didn't even bother playing 3, even though I was incredibly into the universe and story after 1 ended.
>>
>>323425846
>love

Final Fantasy XIII, another FF related example. This game cops a lot of shit and it's not hard to see why, but is it really THAT much worse than its preceding games? Granted that I haven't played every single game in the franchise but out of the ones I've played, XIII isn't that much different from them honestly, and many of the "classic" games tend to be given a free pass purely because of nostalgia. For example, VIII had cringey dialogue, annoying characters and a story than made less sense the more you played, and X was every bit as cutscene heavy and stiflingly linear and only 3 out of the 7 playable characters show any signs of development. So why are these games championed yet XIII is considered the nadir? I can at the very least commend XIII for TRYING something new with its paradigm system, sure it could have been better implemented but it was still a neat idea. Also all of the characters - sans Lightning who was just an annoying stuck-up Mary Sue cunt - were likable and had plenty of development, even the side characters whom barely mattered to the story.

Sure, FFXIII isn't one of the better games in the series but a lot of the flak it gets is unwarranted.
>>
File: triedintheend.jpg (76 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
triedintheend.jpg
76 KB, 500x476
>>323422917
>>
>>323423031
Only retards pretend that fallout 2 was worse than fallout 1. They are as bad as the people that say fallout 3 was better than new vegas because 'muh atmusphere'
>>
>Hate
Everything you like
>Love
Everything you hate
>>
>>323412957
>Hate
The Dragon Quest instalments before 8 are some bullshit generic, vapid JRPGs with nothing interesting or unique to offer. Fight enemies in the boring combat system with boring characters, go to the next area, fight a few enemies, discover that you're underleveled, grind, come back and beat the area, become unsure of where to go, rinse and repeat.
>The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Look, the level scaling system may suck dick, but it's got most of the robust RPG systems that Morrowind had, a fairly varied game world with plenty of interesting quests (something you can't say about Skyrim, which people seem to like more), and a combat system which isn't as boring for pure melee characters as Morrowind.
>>
>>323423031
Since when does Fallout 2 receive hate? Fallout 3 is the one constantly shat upon until 4 happened.

>>323423721
Because autists and memesters who hate Final Fantasy for being "emo" played a FF game with Sonic tier characters with easily identifiable personalities and thus suck it off to no end.
>>
>>323415939
>I play on baby mode and never operated in my life
go back to barbie kid
>>
File: 1439159927149.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1439159927149.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>323426737
>>
While it isn't really a game I hate, Smash Bros is a game I really don't understand is so heavily praised. I mean, sure, it is cool to be able to play as your favorite Nintendo characters, but as a fighting game it has little in the way of skill. My problem with it is the way it is played, which is more as a fighter than a party game.

A game I loved the shit out of was Mercenaries 2. It had bugs out of the ass and all kinds of questionable mechanics, but at the end of the day, dropping bombs on cities and leveling them was the shit. I'd love to know if the PC port works alright or if there are any unofficial patches that make it so it does.
>>
File: 1364469223777.jpg (71 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
1364469223777.jpg
71 KB, 500x584
>>323426960
>forehead storing fat
>>
>>323427036
I like smash bros because it isn't as complicated as mortal kopmbat or whatever, it means I can actually know what I'm going to do when I press buttons without having to research and do homework on the game. And you don't have to button mash, you can just time inputs
>>
>>323427036
It's a fun party game with a fandom full of autists who take it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously, especially the rosterfags.
>>
>>323427236
I find that actual smash fans are pretty chill, melee fans get super autistic about trying to prove how 'their' game is better than the newest smash, who cares?
>>
>>323427307
Yeah pretty much everyone hates the Project autisM faggots.
>>
>>323427067
Gotta fuel the brain with them Atkins diet nutrients
>>
>>323416413
>Shrek Super Party

oh man i played the FUCK out of that game
>>
>>323414436
>Was only zelda game that tried to challenge you with combat besides Z-target ->mash sword/projectile
you literally just swing in the direction you're told

It's basically a david cage game with motion controls
>>
File: 1401037871266.png (239 KB, 595x631) Image search: [Google]
1401037871266.png
239 KB, 595x631
HATE:
>Uncharted series

Shooting feels limp and boring and the climbing/platforming is entirely automated. Not only that but the two rarely come into contact, there are few moments where you'll be jumping or climbing across shit as you shoot people down. Train level was cool though.

LOVE:
>Spec Ops The Line

There's just so many little touches I can't not love this game. Story was too in your face but I still feel like most people who give it shit for "blaming you" don't really get the point of the ending. Kickin soundtrack as well. Gameplay wasn't horrible just extremely run of the mill, had some cool moments with shit like sand or shooting out the floors under enemies.
>>
Fear
Everyone is saying that it sucks becouse it's repetitive, shit story etc. But I still love it becouse the physics, effects and the shooting are 10/10
Dead Space
It's impossible to aim for shit in thrid person, and the character moves painfully slow
>>
>>323431463
Everyone here loves FEAR
>>
File: Zelda puzzles.jpg (47 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Zelda puzzles.jpg
47 KB, 400x300
>OoT
I don't see the appeal of Zelda in general, but this one is the most offensive to my senses. Unlike Zelda II, the combat has no depth whatsoever and most enemies can be steamrolled by spamming your sword or arrows. The """puzzles""" in this game are essentially the same as pic related, there's literally no thought involved aside from recognizing which item goes where. Somebody clue me in on why OoT is this popular when everything about it is so shallow.

>Fire Emblem Fates
It's probably just shitposting since the game's only out in Japan, but if people weren't so rabid about the censorship and took a look at the actual gameplay I think discussion of this game would go a lot further. The Nohr chapters are very well put together and genuinely difficult. The roster of characters you're given is pretty broad and there's a huge number of classes and Skill builds that seemed viable to me. Attack Stance has a ridiculous amount of depth and I find myself thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead because of it. It's too bad I can't talk about this game here without getting immediately shut down.
>>
>>323431463
I don't think I've ever seen anyone but myself complain about FEAR and how repetitive it is. I never did manage to finish it.
The shooting did feel very good though.
>>
>>323432078
>Somebody clue me in on why OoT is this popular when everything about it is so shallow.

Nostalgia, mostly. I love OOT but it's far from the best game even in its own series.
>>
>>323412957
i thought every thread was the super contrarian thread
>>
Hate

GTAV

Its just boring, i only ever had 1 or 2 friends to play with and the main campaign was just annoying to slog through in order to have fun in multiplayer,

Love

Sonic Adventure 2

Nostalgia, that's the only reason, objectively this game is terrible, but I fucking love it because it gives me good feels. Its comfy if that's the right word
>>
>>323415368
>No games he loves
Literally the cancer killing /v/
>>
File: 1452434337184.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1452434337184.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>>323415368
>doesn't like video games

>on /v/

Literal waste of space
>>
>>323412957
Should I go with /v/ standards or just in general?

Cause
>Spore
Never jumped on the hype waggon, had fun making goofy looking shit, and space age was fun, at least enough to make up for the badish 3 stages before it.

>V:TMB
Combat has horrid, gameplay mechanics seemed lacking. Truth be told I got bored a little bit after the destroy/not destroying the art and dealing with that pale chick split personality problem.
>>
Hate:
Megaman Zero
The game's difficulty felt just unfair and tedious in general, not even particularly hard, except the platforming which is tedious and unrewarding, but biggest of all fuck you game for giving me limited heals/powerups that are temporary, not renewable and lock you out from content if you use them. The plot was dumb too, only things I liked were some boss battles.

Any Fire Emblem game:
Completely random stat increases on level ups? Perma-death on party members in a game where a single crit will fuck your characters up and make you waste 1-2 hours and play the same mission all over again? And you are telling me the only game in the series where that shit was fixed has streamlined gameplay with added waifus for mindless weebs? Kill your-fucking-self, game, I ain't putting up with that shit when I can play something that nails either strategy better like Advance Wars or a good rpg.

Deus Ex
Simply put, the most overrated game I've ever played.
>>
>>323435426
You know you're supposed to give use games you like to anon, otherwise It just leaves you looking bitter.
>>
The whole MGS series in general.
The games are too short despite padding their length with cutscenes and codecs. There's a boss every 5 minutes and outside of MGS3 they're almost all shitty. The stealth gameplay is generally OK but it constantly shoves action setpieces down your throat and the controls are completely inadequate when it comes to these.

I can't think of one I really like that /v/ doesn't.
>>
>>323435516
I don't feel I like anything that it's thought to be particularly bad or controversial.
Except maybe Undertale, but I don't think that really counts.
>>
File: all you can eat.jpg (150 KB, 771x741) Image search: [Google]
all you can eat.jpg
150 KB, 771x741
Hate:
>Deus Ex
I get why people like it, but it just doesn't do it for me. I might have just come to it too late. I find the choice it offers pretty much trivial and the BS I have to wade through (chiefly its archaic interface) overwhelming to the point that I never get more than a mission or two into the game before abandoning it. I have the same issue with System Shock 2, which I've also tried playing through on several occasions.

Love:
>Splinter Cell: Conviction
I'm a huge sucker for games with fluid movement and SC:Conviction just fucking clicked for me. The way it was set up, you could basically flow through a level as fast as you wanted trying to see how effective you could be—figuring out the route that would net you 0 damage and alert the fewest enemies before taking them out. I had shitloads of fun playing through that game, and it looked gorgeous to my eye: I loved the visual style and the projecting mission info onto the landscape was a gimmick I fucking adored (really glad they kept that for Blacklist). I completely get that it didn't mechanically resemble any other game in the series, but as a spinoff it's just fucking great. The only sour note in the whole thing for me were the Iraq missions which were impossible to glide through in the same way. Dishonored is another game that I like for the same reason. I really enjoy action-stealth with a focus on movement.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (37 KB, 681x282) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
37 KB, 681x282
>>323434654
>on /v/
>playing video games

ohmygod why don't you fuck off normie
>>
>>323435689
Considering undertale pretty much got its bearings with /v/, no not really. Besides even if /v/ hates everyone else loves it.
>>
File: japanese champion.jpg (165 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
japanese champion.jpg
165 KB, 375x500
Final Fantasy is a boring franchise with a cliché experience based system other devs sadly keep imitating.

The stories are stupid and the characters aren't that interesting. Music is good in SOME titles but, overall, the name doesn't deserve its praise.
>>
File: hockey.jpg (51 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
hockey.jpg
51 KB, 650x488
>>323412957
>The Witcher
A bland world with bland quests where each new version allows players the blandness in even more striking high definition. Assassins' Creed without buildings, Elder Scrolls without adventure; an MMO where the player starts with all the moves and nobody to talk to.

>easier ways to see animated tits
>for FREE
>>
File: no one can understand.png (78 KB, 302x443) Image search: [Google]
no one can understand.png
78 KB, 302x443
>>323435869
>>Splinter Cell: Conviction
My fucking nigga. There's just something really good about that whole high-speed-low-drag feel of the game.
>>
>>323413345
>caring about the community of single player games
do you also get pissed at the people that play Squash?
>>
>>323426251
XIII has a bunch of neat ideas.
>ticking clock plot
>fairly interesting world and character design
>10/10 music
>as you mentioned, the paradigm system

The biggest problem XIII has is that nothing feels like it was given the attention it needed, you just get a bunch of nice but unfinished ideas.
I remember reading the development team had very little internal communication and looking back, it explains a lot.
>>
>>323436704
I genuinely don't think there is a single other person on /v/ who enjoyed that game
>>
>>323436883
Believe what you will, pham. I have no reason to lie.
I can see why people would dislike it so badly, though.
>>
>>323437202
I meant other than you
>>
>>323436717
They could be doing something cool but they're not. They think they're so special with their square rackets and their safety goggles. 2-player squash is also lame.
>>
>>323412957
Well I can't think of any games I really hate, but I feel that people expected too much out of kingdoms of amalur. It's pretty ok
>>
>FFXIII
It has one of the best player parties in the series and their interactions and growth were both very entertaining and engrossing, the combat system wasn't that bad and actually was really fun for a good chunk of the boss fights, the music and world design is great, the worldbuilding in the datalog is fairly interesting, and I quite liked the storytelling - the cinematography, directing, and camerawork are all the best in the series.

It's heavily flawed, but I still really enjoyed it.

>Mario 64
The camera and controls are shit, the graphics are poor even for the era (the draw distance actually gets in the way of playing it at times), the music is mediocre, a lot of the stars are pointlessly easy to get, the bosses are all shit, and I wasn't a fan of how the levels lacked visual coherency and were just a mush mash of props on a landscape they didn't suit for the most part.
>>
File: always mad.png (515 KB, 880x699) Image search: [Google]
always mad.png
515 KB, 880x699
I ain't even upset about ME3 ending, I thought it was fine.
>>
>>323438339
I actually agree with you on this
>>
I wouldnt say 'hate' but im not into, anyway

>hate
Last of us
Mass effect 2
Jet set radio
Dragons dogma
Borderlands
witcher

>love
Halo
Fable 2&3
Final fantasy
>>
>Hate that everyone loves
Disgaea, though perhaps not really hate. So far I've played the fourth game which I heard fans considered the best. I don't mind grinding, but grinding to boost the power of an item, almost never being strong enough for what's ahead, etc. I got really bored and gave up. I dunno how people do it, even when I'm incredibly patient with RPGs that have quite a bit of grinding.

>Love
Honest to god, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. I was really burnt out by Smash, and even I expected it to suck, but I caved in when I saw demos. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it out, and liked how it felt different, along with the fact the developers actually used their source material right unlike Smash in terms of stages and movesets.
It still lacks in a lot of things and does get some deserved criticism, but I really don't see it as a cash-in.
>>
>>323438339
Im not upset either. Mass effect 2 already killed the series beforehand so once were at 3 like who cares what they do.

like i didnt care attack of the clones was shit because phantom menace already killed it
>>
>>323416727
>The story is good, you can't brute force situations and the levels are more than "GO THERE SHOOT THAT FUCK YEAH MASTER CHIEF REPEAT".

Nigga what? The gameplay is damn near identical to a mainline Halo game.

That's actually what disappointed the hell out of me, as I kind of expected a real departure from a main Halo game where the player was significantly weaker. I was expecting some stealth elements, especially with the default guns being silenced, and the weird night-vision feature looking perfect for stealth.

About the only thing done to make the player seem weaker than MC is to deny him the ability to use two guns at once.
>>
File: haha I did the thing again.jpg (77 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
haha I did the thing again.jpg
77 KB, 500x356
There aren't many games that I genuinely dislike, but hey, let's give it a shot.

Hate:
>CoD: Modern Warfare 2
I really hope all the people who say they love MW2 say so just for the sake of contrarianism and not because they genuinely like the game. It was an unbalanced piece of shit no matter whatever bullshit you may spout.

Love:
>Crysis 2
Sure, it changed the entire formula of the first game, with the formula being what made the first game so great in the first place, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a fine game by itself. It is not without faults, of course, it has a plenty of those. The story was pretty ehhhhhh and that might be generous of me, with the gameplay being solid but in need some more work.
>>
>>323416646
>bad mechanics and combat
I mean they're shallow as hell yeah but calling them bad is plain wrong
It's a turn based system that rewards players for exploiting enemy weaknesses
Yeah it's got some serious balance issues and you might find it boring or tedious or shallow or easy or even all of the above but it's not BAD, just underdeveloped
And it definitely has its charm, but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea
>>
>"Contrarian" thread
>Opinions are entirely within reason and have been said by multiple people multiple times in most places, many times on /v/

Time for some ACTUAL contrarian opinions on here.

Call of Duty's a fucking great series. Name another FPS with such tight goddamn controls and fun gameplay. Advanced Warfare was fucking great and the only people who hated it are "muh WW2" faggots and console users who can't aim at people jumping.

DJ Hero should have gotten like three more games, those games were fucking great.

All of the Elder Scrolls games are generic fantasy shit, including Morrowind. Also the gameplay is ass and you're a retard if you enjoy it.

CS:GO is shit and the only reason it's still around is skins and memes. If skins were removed tomorrow everybody would stop playing and the pros would go back to 1.6.

Deus Ex is trash and even Human Revolution in its gimped "what could have been" piss filter state is eight times better than the original.

RE6 is a decent TPS.

Undertale's pretty good, and you people are the ones who made the community shit with your constant shitposting.

/v/ is the worst board on 4chan, /vr/ is better in literally every possible way.
>>
>>323414035
>I think people are mistaken to how good dmc is.

Maybe. The final straw for me was how you just have to turn the camera so you can't see any enemies and as long as you do this they can't attack you. Kind of defeats the fun and challenge of dmc especially on the higher difficulties. Hopefully they changed that shit in the definitive edition. Game breaking mechanic for me.
>>
>>323421113
This is a very common opinion among the internet vidya hardcore nerd crowd.

Bethesda games are made with the philosophy of "go anywhere, do anything" in a single playthrough. That means your choices have almost never have lasting consequences in the world or how the factions perceive the player. I call it "themepark design". Every location or faction has a gimmick which makes it interesting or unique, but it doesn't affect anything else in the world and makes the world feel uncohesive when you stand back and look at it as a whole.

That design is why normies love them, but hardcore nerds interested in lore and worldbuilding hate them.
>>
Witcher 3 was shit and I couldn't bother to finish it even though I played the first two to death.
>>
>>323440319
Just go to fucking anywhere else in /v/ if you want actual contrarianism, mate.
>/v/ is the worst board on 4chan
Well, not THE worst, but it sure as hell is pretty far down on the pit.
>>
ASSFAGGOTS in general
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
>>
File: swtor dialogue.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
swtor dialogue.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>323412957
>Hate: Super Mario 64
I don't like platformers in general and 3D platformers are especially bad. Top that off with being on the worst console that people can't stop jerking off over and you got everything that is the worst.

>Love: Star Wars: The Old Republic
There was a couple of years for me where I've only really played MMORPGs and now, playing any new game that plays like an MMO, but isn't multplayer, feels lonely. KOTOR 3 becoming an MMO was exactly what I needed it to be. Even if that new expansion is single-player focused, the fact there are other people to interact with in the world makes it much more appealing to me.
>>
>>323419006
oh my god kek at that gif
>>
File: 1448739420491.png (122 KB, 398x309) Image search: [Google]
1448739420491.png
122 KB, 398x309
>>323440319
>Call of Duty's a fucking great series
I 100% agree and honestly I think most people would agree with you too. The issue for me has never been the gameplay (legit the CoD series still has some of the most fun drop-in-drop-out multi of any shooter today imo), the issue is that they fucking put out a game a year at $120 all in and that's fucking bad value. That's what I hate, and that's what I don't want to support.

>DJ Hero
idk, never played

>Elder Scrolls games are generic
definitely, but namecalling aside they're like pulp novels. They reliably provide XX hours of entertainment and a nice little world to explore, I haven't really gotten into one since Oblivion but the ones I played I enjoyed thoroughly.

>CS:GO is shit
definitely not my cup of tea

>Deus Ex is worse than its reboot
I like HR more as a game than the original, too

>RE6 is decent
dunno

>undertale
it definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets

first thing you've said that I can't agree with even slightly
/tv/ is so much worse.
>>
>>323412957
MGS3
Boring menu simulator with retarded amounts of cutscenes and not that interesting gameplay.

Borderlands 2
I like to co-op and I like to shoot things with fuck off big guns.
>>
Hate:

Half-Life 2.

Yup. I fucking said it. Not trolling. I think the tone and aesthetic are boring, with a few occasional standouts. The AI and staging of the shooting feels like a big downgrade compared to the marines in the first game.

I do not find Ravenholm scary. At all. I think the people who talk about how epic scary it was are either memeing or total pussies.

People vaunt the fact that it has no cutscenes and tells the game through the story, but it feels like a total copout to have "in-game" storytelling occur when you're locked in a room with talking NPCs and the game grinds to a halt. Because its fucking unskippable. At least I can skip cutscenes in other games.

This game has also been so fucking shilled by fanboys that it affects my view of it too. Shut the fuck up about HL3 already.
>>
>>323423031
og fallout fan here. 2 is better than 1 by a mile. 3 and 4 are non-canon garbage. new vegas is the best
>>
>>323417105
dude, that game was the bomb
>>
>Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3/New Vegas/Fallout 4

They're all the exact same game, and that game is a boring, ugly piece of shit. The world and characters are completely lifeless, the story is absolute trash, and the gameplay is mind-numbingly repetitive. Massive bugs are completely excused because "lol Bethesda" and it drags the whole industry down.

>Journey

Probably the best example of an 'art game' in existence. Stunning visuals, beautiful soundtrack, elegant gameplay, and it all ties together into a genuinely perfect package. I cried the first time I played it.
>>
>>323441146
Fallout 2 is a shit pop culture fest with a shit story
>>
>hate
majoras mask ok I dont really hate it but I just felt that it was a shitty cash in after the success of ocarina. I feel the world was lazily put together with north south east west areas and a town in the middle. Also the so called "dark atmosphere" was mostly from the early 3d and poorly made rushed content.

>love
rollercoaster tycoon 3, people give it shit for not being a clone of the originals but I feel it improves on them in almost every way, and I played the shit out of them. There is way more content in pretty much every sense (rides, coasters, scenery, stalls) the 3d makes the park look better, better terraforming, larger parks, animals, coaster cam and custom scenery. only down side is you cant kill people.
>>
>>323441006
COD games were legit fun light shooters until they adopted the Madden yearly release schedule.

It's especially annoying since they are now multiplayer focused with shit campaigns. I don't understand people who defend the shit campaigns by saying the games are meant to be multiplayer heavy. What kind of idiot pays $60-200 for a multiplayer game that's near guartenteed to be dead in a year when people move on to the next one? At least a solid campaign makes an old game replayable.

COD1 and COD4 are still exceptionally solid.
>>
File: 1437159325223.png (2 MB, 1444x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437159325223.png
2 MB, 1444x1080
>>323415939
>cool story
>good level variation, from Abandoned Acclamator in deep space to Kashyyk
>clever squad tactics system, not seen often enough in games
>fun multiplayer before gamespy fucked it
>cool as shit OST, not just rehashed John Williams
>great foley, devs put great effort into sound effects
>good graphics for it's time
>good VA
>behind the scenes game development actually worth watching, included in game

You have absolutely trash taste and you sicken me.
>>
>>323416727

My fucking nigger. ODST is the best Halo game by miles.
>>
>>323441354
you came to the wrong thread
>>
>>323413326
VC was a love letter to 80s crime movies. Every character was an amalgamated caricature of the caricatures presented in that era of film and television.
>>
Hate:
DMC 3
Not really hate, but I couldn't bear the shitty camera and controls. Enemies reacting to being in FoV or not is just bad design.
Dante manages to be significantly more cringy than Donte.

Love:
DmC
Not really love, but I enjoyed it, unlike DMC3.
I even liked the cheesy edgy normie that Donte was.
2ez, but difficulty that comes from camera and controls is worse than no difficulty.
>>
Mass Effect 2 did way more damage to the franchise than 3. It felt like a kick in the balls when I played it for the first time.
>>
>>323440319

/vr/ doesn't have 6th gen threads.
Some 6th gen threads are nice.
Having 6th gen threads would destroy /vr/ so I'm glad it doesn't have them.
>>
File: lazyartists.jpg (841 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lazyartists.jpg
841 KB, 1280x720
Fallout 2 is an overrated theme park RPG with none of the charm of the original. The pop culture references are grating and the dev team was too lazy to add new weapon sprites so every gun shares the same 5 sprites. The world design is also mediocre and it's obvious there was very little communication between teams working on different towns with how all over the place they are in terms of art style and design. Also fuck the wanamingo mine.
>>
>>323441820
The whole thing or just the ending? Because almost everybody hates the ending. The core game was good until then, I thought. A bit too casualized, but good enough combat and decent dialog and storytelling.
>>
>>323435869
>contrarian thread
>/v/ is already contrarian
what gives?

but i agree with the conviction opinion even the way sam holds the gun and shoots, so satisfying.. loved that game. deus ex is fucking awesome though

my opinions:
>I LIKE MGSV (despite all its flaws)

>dislike fallout 1 and beth fallouts

>like fallout 2

>love GTAV. what an achievement in the industry. fantastic social commentary too. torture scene (which everyone hates) was like the best part.

>dislike the mass effect games

>love oblivion. comfiest game ever, despite bethesda
>>
>Baldur's Gate 2
Everything about it is so boring and slow. I don't care about any of the characters, and RTwP is literally the worst type of combat system ever conceived, especially when you're basing your game on a system that uses turns. It literally would have been both easier and better to just do a 1 to 1 port of the combat system from traditional DnD.

>Resident Evil 6
I have never understood why everyone hates this game so much, why it got such horrible to middling reviews on release. All I can think is that it's a bunch of idiots that are butthurt that the game isn't exactly how they wanted it to be, and couldn't appreciate the game behind the name. I'm not even saying "RE6 is a bad RE game but a good not-RE game", that stupid fucking meme excuse people give. It's a good RE game in general, people are just retarded.
>>
Wasteland 2 is shit.

People sucked its dick just because they were excited for a new cRPG in the vein of Fallout.

The combat is awful. By which I mean it is boring and tedious, not overly difficult. I was having a fairly easy time with it, I just found it boring. Melee enemies would zoom across the map, making the placement of your party members meaningless. Assault rifles were broken as fuck and extremely overpowered. The game through huge numbers of enemies spread out of a wide area at you, which made the game even more of a slog.

People are always defending the game by saying "it gets better in LA", but fuck that. They are basically admitting the first half is a slog. Plus its not loke you just stop getting into combat after LA. A game is shit when the combat sucks and 50% of the game is combat.

Shame, because I like the setting.
>>
>>323412957
>hate
Persona games & SMT games
Waifus are shit combat and writing is shit.
>love
skate.
>>
>>323442641
I've had Wasteland 2 described to me as a "poor man's Fallout Tactics" by a couple people so I don't think your opinion is very contrarian.
>>
>>323442881
Every other time I've brought it up, I've been told to "git gud", and people ignore my complaint that the combat is boring, not overly difficult.

And boring combat wouldn't be such a huge ding against the game, except there is so much mandatory combat and the encounters often take for-fucking-ever because you have to work your way into a map filled with tons of hostiles.

If they had made the combat better and shorter (while being challenging), it would have been good.
>>
>>323441338
>until they adopted the Madden yearly release schedule.
So only CoD1 and 2 were good?
>>
File: 1450996117873.png (452 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1450996117873.png
452 KB, 878x900
>>323441109
>>
>>323443489
not that guy but honestly there hasn't been a COD i've played that I didn't enjoy

the release cycle is what I find bad, not the games themselves. No fucking way am I buying a new CoD and 15 maps every year: no matter how fun the multi is it dies out by design. Fucking miserable.
>>
>>323412957
>Everone else loves

Fallout: New Vegas

The soundtrack is absolutely fucking terrible in this one. Johnny Guitar and Big Iron take the fucking cake of that shitfest. But I can just not turn on my radio, that's fine. Except this entire fucking game is designed around a cowboy theme, which to me really clashes with the whole post-apocalypse setting. Although the gameplay is admittedly much better than Fallout 3, I still like 3 better because it sticks to the post-apocalypse and doesn't try to be a spaghetti western at the same time. Thank Gabe for mods so I can get that cowboy shit out of my Fallout.

>Everyone else hates

Team Fortress 2

Okay, maybe it's not exactly hated by everyone per se, but TF2 get's its fair share of haters. I will readily admit that the game is unbalanced as fuck and Valve's repeated nerfs/buffs have ruined a lot of the game's balance, but I still think it's fun. It's a great competitive shooter with it's own style and feel that makes it stand out from things like COD and CS:GO. The classes have personality and life to them, unlike other shooters where all classes just look like generic tacticool soldiers. That and it serves as a great stress reliever. Nothing like the rage of 13 year olds to soothe the nerves.
>>
>>323413326
Doesn't vergil shoot a pregnant woman through the belly with a famas?
>>
>>323443489
COD1, 2, and 4 were good. 4 was released only a year after 3, sure, but 3 was like a quick console game and there was a ton of effort put into 4 to make it "not just another release".

Even MW2 (which I personally hated) arguably had enough effort put into it to make it hold up, if you're into what it had to offer. Everything past MW2 was very clearly an assemblyline game made for a a corporate yearly schedule.

>>323443652
My problem with the games is they have shit single player campaigns with little replayability. Which means when the MP community moves on in a year, you're stuck with an empty shell of a game. I feel there is *potentional* in the campaigns made by the Treyarch guys, and they clearly care about trying out new stuff in SP, but they can't make a good campaign so long as they are weighed down by the baggage of being COD. If the people in charge of designing and writing those games went off to make their own military FPS, I'm sure it would be quite fun.
>>
>>323443848
According to /k/ if it was a FAMAS she and the baby should be okay if they got a bandaid on it quickly.
>>
[/spoiler]wow
>>
>Hate
Witcher 3
>Love
MGSV
>>
File: fume knight.png (1 MB, 1280x1085) Image search: [Google]
fume knight.png
1 MB, 1280x1085
>Love
Dark Souls II.
Fable series. Even the 3rd game was okay-ish in my book.
>Hate
Its really hard to come up with anything, since I usually forget about things I dislike really fast.
I guess I hate TLoU, but namely because I find Ellie's face to be completely hideious and revolting and I have no idea how she's supposed to be "daughteru materual" and an admirable character you should care about. The gameplay is yawn-inducing as well. But that's not super contrarian-worthy, in my opinion.
>>
pleb mode here cause im on phone and i hate writing on it:
hate:Uncharted 2
love:Fallout 4
>>
>>323442234
Baldurs gate 2 would be 100x better in my opinion if the battles were just straight turn based, instead of the pseudo turn based/real time stuff they had going on
>>
File: 1452379473084.png (120 KB, 1280x737) Image search: [Google]
1452379473084.png
120 KB, 1280x737
Hate: Dragon Quest

Lacked something Final Fantasy had for me, I couldn't really get to enjoy one.

Love: Undertale

When the Demo came out on /v/, people made a thousand threads about it, but I didn't bite it since I wanted to play the whole deal myself. I expected comfy tier 2 deep 4 you bullshit with boring cave systems, but instead It's had good characters, some interesting mechanics you don't usually see in play in vidyas and on top of that, top tier music.

The Community is reminiscent of Final Fantasy 7 and Homosucks through, you shouldn't bother with it at all if you're a retard who thinks he needs to hate a game because /v/ says so. Just enjoy the game if you ever got the chance, anon.
>>
File: rabbit fuckable.jpg (91 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rabbit fuckable.jpg
91 KB, 1024x768
>>323444887
I really want to hear your reason for loving DSII anon, I've been avoiding it based on the hate it gets here but it looks great and every time it hits a sale I spend way too much time deliberating
>>
>>323426251
>Also all of the characters were likable
>Vanille
>Hope
>Snow
No. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: ainsley2.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ainsley2.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>323440230

MW2 was a blast with friends.

Everything was so ridiculously unbalanced and overpowered, but it was fun.

Especially learning the spawn shots with the grenade launchers and ending games on Search and Destroy every round.
>>
Undertale was a pretty fun game and had some alright characters. The game itself isn't that Tumblr, but Tumblr sure does seem to love it for some reason.
>>
>>323412957
Hate Fire emblem
I really loved the advance wars series and fire emblem has probably killed the chances of another title in the series, I don't really like the relationship aspect of the games and that you have pre determined units on each map as it limits the strategy aspect, not sure if it has multiplayer but I do enjoy pvp because computer players just don't act the same.

Love Street fighter x Tekken
The original version of the game was pretty poor, grabs weren't really useful and characters had poor tools, along with capcom basically making the 360 version redundant with all the exclusive characters on playstation, that and the game can't be played online on PC because of games for windows live. But the big 2013 patch made the game more footsie focused, made it so you didn't have to concentrate on gem builds for your teams, plus capcom made around 20 - 30 new movesets for the tekken characters and for poison as well as bringing back 2 third strike characters and rolento. The game was really interesting mechanically but an oversight is that most players defaulted to using ABCD combos which made the game boring to watch, the counter hit charge specials mechanic was really neat
>>
>>323445195
I'm having romantic feelings for that bunny.
>>
>>323444284
Famas isn't 9mm
>>
File: 1432659011400.jpg (29 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
1432659011400.jpg
29 KB, 600x421
>>323412957
>Hate
Melee. I play lots of fighting games and as far as I'm concerned, a fighting game in which tiers are so far apart that only the toppest of tiers is even remotely viable at a competitive level is pure fucking garbage. On top of that, if you need to neuter the game and remove features and core gameplay elements to make it competitive, then perhaps it shouldn't be competitive

>Love
Life is strange. There is no objective proof reason I loved it, it just gave me the feels. It reminded me of a simpler time in the 90's by reminding me of teen drama TV shows. It was just really fucking comfy.
>>
>>323414035
A game so easy that you basically cannot lose will never be good in my eyes.
>>
>>323412957
>Hate: Undertale
It was shit, It managed to not be as good as earthbound, yet came out about 20 years after it. what the fuck?

>love: Fallout 4
I loved fallout 1 and 2 and fallout 3 gets me extremely butthurt, but I like Fallout 4, it's fun, it has obvious flaws but the game itself is enjoyable to just fuck around in.
>>
File: 1385148131417.gif (2 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1385148131417.gif
2 MB, 160x120
>people posting Undertale as "game I love that everyone hates"
What the fuck is this persecution delusion? Undertale is INSANELY popular everywhere, even here. Try listing an actual hated game.
>>
>>323440319
>Time for some ACTUAL contrarian opinions on here
are you retarded

/v/ is without question top 3 worst boards at minimum. This isn't /a/, nobody is stupid enough to think this place isn't fucking awful.
>>
File: 1450689580095.gif (4 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1450689580095.gif
4 MB, 200x150
>>323412957
>Hate
Alien: Isolation
I'm a big fan of the movies and games but A:I left me feeling underwhelmed. I've gone through a decade of all the creative variations of the xenomorph, a regular Drone doesn't scare me anymore because I already know everything about it. The AI was bad too.

>Love
Dear Esther

The story is great. It's told much like Dark Souls is, not explicitly explained to the player but instead embedded in the environment for the player to piece together. A lot of people seemed to think that the writing was extremely pretentious, which is fine, but don't understand that it's being told from the perspective of a depressed husband going through a fever dream. His dialogue also changes depending on which locations you visit or secrets you uncover making it worth the extra playthrough.
>>
>>323412957
The entire final fatasy series
Its been garbage for a long fucking time and it drives me insane how people still love it

Also the entire assfaggot genre
>>
>>323445405
I guess the first few games were fun when you abused the unbalanced and OP stuff, whether if creatively or uncreatively, but it went away pretty quick in my case.
Le cuhrayzee OP blaster shit gets old real fast.
>>
>>323446196
>This isn't /a/, nobody is stupid enough to think this place isn't fucking awful.
No, tons of newfags think this board is good and list boards like /a/, /vg/, even /vr/ as "worse".
>>
>>323446240
And assfaggots are not my favorite, they are fucking garbage, i doubled down on shit i hate
>>
Hate
>Metro 2033/Last Light
The world was uninteresting, but on top of that I just could not fucking buy into the story—it felt clichéd to a fault. It was like it had a generic movie script checklist and fucking sped through it as haphazardly as possible. Alright, child surrogate alien you're supposed to empathize with, buddy who betrays you, random fucking woman and let's put a hilariously clumsy sex scene in there, why not. Sprinkle some flashbacks around, bam. Done.

Love
>Bioshock Infinite
What this one lacked in consistent writing it made up for in one of the most gorgeous gameworlds I've ever seen. It was fun to play through, and while I think it didn't succeed in bringing its environments to life in the same way Bioshock 1 did (you really felt like the weight of an ocean was bearing down on you in bioshock: shit was leaking etc etc. There wasn't enough detail like that in Infinite. I wanted islands to move more obviously, the rail systems connecting them should have been creaking and swaying as the islands moved independently, etc etc. The only time they really played with this was climbing the outside of the monument and near the end when some islands were poorly aligned) I still had a blast exploring it. Great game, and I really loved the expansions.
>>
>>323446318
/vg/ is reddit lite
>>
>>323446318
Listing other boards are worse doesnt make /v/ good you goddamn weeb mongoloid
>>
>>323419053
>i hate this game
>but i've never played it
yeah kill urself kid
>>
>>323446447
You have trash reading comprehension
>>
Wow this thread is full of misinformation and cocks
OP is especially a faggot

>197 replies and 41 images omitted. Click here to view.
Is this some sort of viral marketing thread?
>>
File: 1449712221913.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
1449712221913.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>>323412957

This isn't strictly /v/ I'm referring to, more my friends.

>Hate: Fallout 4
It was just uninteresting. I'll admit I enjoyed it when I first started, I loved New Vegas and was in the mood for a new Fallout. It got so boring so quickly, everything after the initial "Fuck yeah, new Fallout" at the beginning became super boring. All my friends love it and can't understand why I don't enjoy it. It's just bland. Shitty way to describe it but whatevs.

>Love: Call of Duty
I just enjoy mindlessly shooting shit like I'm in a Michael Bay film every now and again. It's enjoyable to unwind and blow shit up without having to really think about it after a stressful day.
>>
>>323446318
I have literally, in 8 years on this site, never seen a single person describe /v/ as "good". The best I have ever heard anyone say is that "At least /v/ isn't as bad as reddit, or /a/, or gaia."
>>
File: 1418920472822.jpg (56 KB, 467x315) Image search: [Google]
1418920472822.jpg
56 KB, 467x315
>Hate
Republic Commando. The game was short, boring, and lacked any kind of variety amongst enemies. I felt no attachment to the characters as they were basically just TMNT clones, and the game was too short to form an attachment.

>Love
SWTOR. The game has been improved immensely since launch and most of the meme hate about it was made up or has been fixed by now. I don't give a shit about muh Revan and Exile not being omnipotent Gods, as that was one of the shit things KOTOR2 did to the characters. The stories are great and enjoyable, far more than any other star wars game I've played.
>>
File: 448911003.png (461 KB, 436x450) Image search: [Google]
448911003.png
461 KB, 436x450
>>323446825
Did someone say they didn't like your game little baby boy? :^)
>>
>>323446971
What would you like me to respond with? You haven't seen it, I have.
>>
>>323446825
Assblasted faggot detected
>>
>>323446569
That has nothing to do with reading comprehension you stupid weeb. You cant fucking say only people who think this board is good rate your shitty board lower
I think /v/ is shit and still can list several other boards that are outright better and others that are worse
>>
>>323447353
Again, you have trash reading comprehension and your "REEE I GOTTA ACT LIKE AN EDGY TEENAGER" response just solidifies this boards shittiness. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: math.jpg (1 MB, 3911x5103) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
1 MB, 3911x5103
>>323445195
Soul Memory is a boogeyman.
The game is more challenging and less forgiving, especially at the start of the game, since you get only 1 estus flask charge, life gems are shit and you have to either level up ADP or time your rolls really well if you're doing a no-ADP build.
The ordinary vanilla bosses are about same difficulty as DaS1, and they're not all just dudes in armour.
Altogether, Crown DLCs have more quality AND quantity compared to AotA.
PvP is more bearable and overall balanced, as in, there is no strict meta. You can build whatever the fuck you want and still win most of the time, assuming you're better than your opponent, which is fair and how it should be. No amount of ice rapiers and buffing's gonna save a shitter from dying.
Better netcode.
Lore is less interconnected and it generally makes less sense, but it's there. At least, in a sufficient enough quantity for me, but I've never really cared about lore.
It's a pretty flawed game but it went through a lot during it's development process, and honestly, I think that the strong points of the game easily overweight the weak ones.
>>
File: 37768263_p6_master1200.jpg (147 KB, 685x579) Image search: [Google]
37768263_p6_master1200.jpg
147 KB, 685x579
>>323446419
Last Light is well-known to be utter fucking trash as far as story goes. Anna, Miller's daughter and second-hand apparently, is first introduced as le stronk independent wymmyn then her entire existence is reduced to utter fucking trash the next time you see her.
As for 2033, ehhh the story is more about Artyom's little adventure for a rather vague (at first, anyway) goal and not much else. The whole grand scheme of things don't start up until like halfway into it. I guess I can see why, but ya know, that's the way it is.
Mind if I ask if you could elaborate your thoughts on the story, though? What about the gameplay of those two, if you'd like to talk about it?
>>
File: 1424714549335.jpg (143 KB, 744x969) Image search: [Google]
1424714549335.jpg
143 KB, 744x969
>All these MASSIVE TEXT "spoilers"
>>
>>323446985
Republic Commando has aged pretty terribly. I'd still be excited for a sequel or spiritual successor (made by the right people).

The light tactical mechanic or ordering your three clones around was very fun. It wasn't the deepest thing in the world, but it gave the gave a small extra dimension and helped attached you to your squad unlike games with NPCs not really responding to the player.

I agree it looks horribly bland. I don't like most Clone Wars era Star Wars stuff because it tends to be incredibly bland. For some reason they always go for Geonosis or some bland rock planet. And droids are just boring, soulless enemies.

A game set in the Original Trilogy era or in the new episodes following a squad of Stormtroopers or commandos, using the same kinds of squad mechanics as the first game, and taking advantage of the HUGE number of enemies and locations in Star Wars would be great.
>>
>>323447521
>the story
I'm not sure how I managed to confuse that for ''the world''. Welp.
>>
File: rabbit fuckable 2.jpg (475 KB, 1504x1000) Image search: [Google]
rabbit fuckable 2.jpg
475 KB, 1504x1000
>>323445673
>>323447493
Thanks anon, I'm not big on DaS series multiplayer but I think I'll check DaSII on steam next sale.
>>
>>323419053
>AAC
My supreme nigga
>>
>>323440563

I think there's more to it than that. The fact that Bethesda games are the typical example of "open world therefore level design is nonexistent", the combat is never good, the writing is barely adequate, and the dungeons feel like (even if they aren't literally) copy/pastes of each other. If "there's a big world, and you can see a bunch of different shit" isn't enough to sell you on a game by itself, there are very little interesting things to do in a Bethesda game.
>>
>>323447104
An admission that you're a retard who has taken a small sampling of idiots and decided this represents a significant group of people who consider /v/ an excellent place for discussion.
>>
>>323447725
It's not even clone wars that made it bland, it's that there's really only a couple of stages and they all go on forever. Instead of variety, it's just a few super long stages with the same enemies the entire time. The game feels like a budget shovelware game. Tactical ordering of NPC teammates has been done before republic commando.
>>
File: 1449458559324.jpg (13 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1449458559324.jpg
13 KB, 540x489
I have never enjoyed a single fallout game
>>
>The Witcher series
Bland and cliche. Has interesting moments smothered by banal shit
>Fallout Tactics
More of a Fallout game than 3 and 4. Has better combat too
>>
>>323447874
No thanks, prove me wrong if you'd like that. You can't, so it's probably best you just cut your losses rather than getting incredibly upset like you are now.
>>
Uncharted 2
I don't get why people love this game. Its even praised here. Its fucking boring and obnoxious. Plus plenty of games are like it.

Shadow the hedgehog
I like the chose your own adventure aspect. The story doesn't take itself as seriously like SA2 did(which is worse). Its pretty silly. Only edgy parts were the President mission and some endings. I like how I can play it and just pick what levels I feel like doing at the time.

Would have a spiritual successor.
>>
>>323412957
ALAN WAKE IS BORING SHIT

FALLOUT 4 IS A DECENT DUNGEON CRAWLER
>>
>>323447753
>>323447725
I was definitely always going to be biased re:the game's world. I got the game as a gift; generally speaking I love globe-trotting games and varied environments (Probably from reading shitloads of Spirou/Tintin/Bob Moran/other random BD's as a kid) so it's really quite rare that I'm able to get into post-apocalyptic/dystopian worlds. The world in Metro just burned me out too quickly, I really struggled to stay interested the whole way through.
>>
>>323447768
Level up adaptability, unless you have the reaction time of a fly, since it's a stat that governs the amount of i-frames you have during your rolls. It is possible to finish the game with base ADP, but if you as a new player want to have a good time, I think you kind of have to level it up.
The only kind of advice you need before starting playing, to be honest.
>>
>>323446419
I don't understand. BInfinite's story was even worse than either of the Metros, on top of it having worse gunplay, worse graphical fidelity, and fewer overall options in gameplay and in story.
>>
>>323447768
20 ADAPTABILITY IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE IN ADAPTABILITY
>>
>>323448004
>Prove a negative
>U MAD BRO?
Great post friend.
>>
>>323447839
I understand. I have written long rambling bullshit on the weaknesses of Bethesda games, but I was trying to boil it down to the core issue, which is that "themepark design". That design thinking leads to poor stories because the main story needs to be inclusive of anything you do, so it iends up vauge or stupid, and the minor stories are written within their little "themepark area" so there is a lot of room for lore conflict, lack of common sense in world design, and again little consequence.

The repetitive dungeons and quests are part of the idea they can (and do) trick normies into thinking there is tons of content. It's easy and no need to worry about it interferring with lore or story progression from Bethesda's point of view.
>>
File: 1253229753530.jpg (32 KB, 746x272) Image search: [Google]
1253229753530.jpg
32 KB, 746x272
>>323434501
>>323434654

why don't you guys fuck right off, you obviously don't belong here
>>
>>323448370
So you can't prove it? Then why do you demand things? Run along now, as your posts contribute to absolutely nothing in this thread aside from trying to pass insults as actual rebuttals.
>>
File: 1206397832777.jpg (45 KB, 415x421) Image search: [Google]
1206397832777.jpg
45 KB, 415x421
>Dark Souls
As opposed to majority of /v/, I don't think this game is an ultra-hardcore nightmare initiation to hardcore gamerdom; in fact, thanks to the silly 90s' AI, I found it a bit too easy at times, especially with its advertised difficulty in mind. I quit around the Iron Golem out of pure boredom, and frankly, seeing how rough the entire game up until then was, I've no reason to believe later stages would be any better.

>Dark Souls 2
Same shitty sides as above, but looks, plays, and sounds better, and even has seen actual bugtesting. My dad could actually play this on his toaster (while he couldn't even run DaS1), so that speaks a lot. Some tweaks to AI make the game slightly challenging at times, just enough to keep me engaged. The worst downside is that they missed out on the chance to flesh out the game world. Still loved every single of the 70 hours I spent playing it.
>>
>>323416582
I love how Kurt Schlling made that game.
>>
>>323429747
>you literally just jump in the direction you're told

>mario is basically a david cage game with motion controls

Seriously, this is a weak argument. If you didn't like the motion controls, fine, but there are tons of video games where you just do what you are clearly supposed to do to progress the game.
>>
>>323447493
>The ordinary vanilla bosses are about the same difficulty as DaS1
I've gotten killed by the Taurus demon even after having played the game half a dozen times before (got swept off the ledge once I can remember, and another time I cast a soul arrow marginally too slow so that although I killed it, its last hit managed to reach me anyway), I have yet to even be hit by Dragonrider or the Last Giant. I don't mean they've only hit against my shield. I mean they have literally never touched me. Dragonrider I probably haven't even spent 10 seconds in danger of being hit on each attempt, because it's so ludicrously easy to get and stay behind it.

I get fucked up by Gwyn on a regular basis (although I don't usually parry him). But not an hour ago I fought the throne guardians and the final boss of DS2 back to back and beat the shit out of them without even using a single estus.

DS2's bosses are not on the same level as 1 by any means.
>>
File: daggerfall-dungeon.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall-dungeon.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
>>323448173
Bethesda games always were good dungeon crawlers
>>
>>323448212
graphical fidelity doesn't affect how much I like a game's world as much as having a coherent, well executed art style. I think a good way to illustrate what I like in terms of well executed art direction versus graphical fidelity would be Bravely Default versus Serious Sam III.

It's not even close to a competition in terms of engine power, but honestly Serious Sam III is fucking ugly as shit to me.
>>
>>323448179
I see what you mean, that's fair enough.
One thing I found neat about Last Light was that there was some variety about the environments. Far from a spectacular variety of environments, but it's something compared to 2033's environments which ranged from the dark and claustrophobic tunnels and somewhat less dark and cold outside, with absolutely nothing inbetween.
>>
>>323448484
Shitposting is against the rules.
>>
>>323427431
funny thing its brain cells only consumes glycosis
>>
>Hate: Dark Souls

I tried to get into this game multiple times, and each one of those times I eventually ran out of steam and moved on to other games. It's clunky and overall not a lot of fun to play, but I think that might be the point. A lot of people think that a character that's difficult to control and scenarios designed to fuck up non-attentive players 100% of the time is good design, but I just feel like it's people patting themselves on the back and thinking they're more hardcore than anyone else because they can enjoy this game.

>Love: Pokemon Black and White

I've heard a lot of people giving generation V shit on /v/ and I can't understand it for the life of me. This was pretty much the epitome of Pokemon. Doubling down on the new guys and making catching new Pokemon impossible before post-game was brilliant, and went a long way in making Pokemon feel new again. In fact, I wish they didn't bring back any new Pokemon at all.
>>
>>323449249
And ketones when deprived of glucose for long enough.
>>
>>323448985
>DS2's bosses are not on the same level as 1 by any means.
They're on the same level. Their AI is just as bad. The only difference is that DaS2 allows for much greater freedom of player movement due to the reworked animations, so it's easier to stay safe.
>>
File: QfGWgqG.png (134 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
QfGWgqG.png
134 KB, 265x258
>>323448987
They should stick to that.
>>
>Hated: GTAV
It's a big open world game about doing whatever you want, that starts you off in the most fucking raildroaded missions I've ever seen (get in the car! YOU FAIL THE MISSION BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET IN THE CAR!) and even after you do all that shit, you're still in a giant empty sandbox playing as 3 characters with zero interesting or redeeming qualities about them. I don't understand why people are so nuts about this game. I'd play Saints Row 2 for another ten years before I ever even considering starting GTAV up again.

>Loved: ME3 (multiplayer)
Okay yes, the game's ending retroactively shat on the entire franchise as a whole. I'm not arguing that at all, but up until those last ten minutes I was actually having a pretty good time. And yes, I really enjoyed the multiplayer, and actually miss it quite a bit. Throwing powers over and around cover to knock an enemy into the open to that my teammates can unload onto it was fucking fun, and playing Motherfucking Vanguard the Space Magic Quarterback was a fucking delight I have yet to experience the like of in any other third person shooter.

Just talking about it makes me want to boot the game up and replay it up until that last ten minutes, then turn it off and forget about it. I really want to Biotic Charge a motherfucker right now.
>>
>>323421529
It's really apparently how young you are
>>
>>323412957
Hate
>MGS5
>Counter Strike
>TF2
>LoL
>Dota
>Majora's Mask

Love
>Lost Odyssey
>Gears of War
>Brothers a tale of two memes
>Max Payne 3
>>
>>323412957

Undertale

Fairy Fencer F
>>
File: 287700_2015-09-01_00002.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
287700_2015-09-01_00002.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
DmC is better than DMC 1 and 2.

DMC2 is just as good as 1. It excels in some areas and fails in others.

Not every game needs to be open world.

HD collections are good for people who missed the boat the first time around.

Donkey Kong Country 1 sucks ass compared to 2 and 3. Returns was an abomination that ignored the improvements the sequels gave.

Twin Snakes was an improvement you aren't impressing anyone by saying the original was better.
>>
>>323449531
Dragonborn had some great dungeons. I loved all the books in them you could read. Oblivion's were lacking though. Bethesda needs to have more unique loot for dungeons like Morrowind.
>>
>>323412957
>Hate: Dota
The entire MOBA genre is boring as fuck. I can't bear to press four buttons in an identical sequence over and over again.

>Love: Undertale
Characters were fun, what can I say? Sure, say what you will about the combat, but I haven't liked a fictional person so much since CC.
>>
>>323449973
Whoops didn't fully read the OP. Oh well.
>>
>>323448164
I also don't get uncharted. It's a mediocre 3rd person shooter, with linear boring climbing segments. The story and characters are also nothing
special.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.