[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Yakuza heads at Sammy give you full control over Sega. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
The Yakuza heads at Sammy give you full control over Sega. They give you the green light to create a new sega console by dec 2017.

What do you do to seperate yourself from the other 3? What are your launch day games? What's features do you add?
>>
>>323406365
Suck my dick
>>
>>323406775

Suck his dick.
>>
>>323406365
I think you should suck his dick, OP
>>
>>323406365
>Sega renaissance
>White black and gold themed color console
>free online with an optitional subscription program to play the entire sega library from their old consoles
>no gimmicks
>heavy focus on arcade gaming at launch

Launch game titles
>Streets of Rage 4 with classic beat em up gameplay and online coop with a level editor that you can share online
>New sonic platformer that goes back to its roots
>New virtua fighter
>new after burner
>Yakuza 7
>>
File: 1324425421431.gif (199 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1324425421431.gif
199 KB, 100x100
I replace the hard drive with 256gb of high speed ram for storage for near instantaneous asset loading. It would be the next blast processing.
>>
Nothing because it would fail. Nothing is going to make a crack in the market with the big three stranglehold.
>>
>>323406775
>>323406775
>>323406993

It's like I'm really on /b/
>>
>>323407725
>Nothing is going to make a crack in the market with the big three stranglehold.

They said the same thing when the xbox was announced.

They could compete if their financial situation was better. I think you really underestimate how many ips sega has under their belt.
>>
>>323407593
lol
>>
File: sheev.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
>>323407593
This. Also needs a 1tb ethernet port so we can connect it to a RAM server where we can have UNLIMITED RAM.
Becuase as we all know, UNLIMITED RAM = UNLIMITED POWER.
>>
give it hardware from next generation
>>
SHENMUE HD COLLECTION
>>
>>323407551
>heavy focus on arcade gaming at launch
I thought it was dead already.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 570x760
>daily reminder sega owns platinum

Dreamcast 2:

>bayonetta exclusive
>vanquish
>yakuza
>shenmue
>Condemned
>Beyond Oasis remake
>streets of rage
>sonic
>crazy taxi
>jet set radio
>Daytona
>nights
>panzer dragoon
>pso
>shinobi
>skies of Arcadia
>valkyria chronicals
>virtual fighter

Sony,MS,NIntendo BTFO
>>
>>323409142
If a new Sega console did indeed ever come out (0.1% chance) then they would dominate off of word of mouth alone with an exclusive lineup like that.

Hell, hire yu Suzuki again and put him at the head of AM2 and watch the magic happen.
>>
>>323409142
>jet set radio

>jsr with online capabilities to have your own tagging crew online with custom graffiti in an open world cyberpunk city

>you can play as a cop to catch taggers
>>
>>323409769

I would play the shit out of that familam
>>
>under 2 years to develop a console

The only hardware you're getting in that time frame would be off the shelf. You're stuck with an X86 CPU and discrete GPU unless you relied on an IGP, the alternative is a cheap ARM SoC. Cost and complexity is all in ARM's favor.

If you were lucky Samsung might sell you some new Exynos chips for $25 a pop. Its not all bad though since you'd have something far more capable than the WiiU.
>>
>>323409891
So make the time frame around 2019 anon.

It's just fun to talk about the possibilities.
>>
How is Sega doing financially nowadays?

Certainly not enough to make a new console right?
>>
>>323410126
Sammy alone is worth 6 billion according to Forbes.

I would say that's more than enough to bankroll a console if they really wanted
>>
Literally just a better Dreamcast. Call it Neo Dreamcast or some shit. Keep the design of the console itself similar to the original, with a little more flash. Also make new versions of old Dreamcast peripherals, light gun, fishing rod, etc. Improve controller design while retaining familiarity and the VMU. Launch with a new Sonic Adventure, no edgy bullshit, just the classic Sonic cast foiling Eggman's ploys. Also launch with a new Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, and make Shenmue 3 exclusive
Also a new Power Stone, because that game could use a revival.
>>
>>323410370
>Power Stone

My nigger.

>Sonic adventures 3

I say go with a more sonic colors orientated approach
>>
>>323410370
Oh yeah, bring this motherfucker back for the ad campaign
>>
>>323406365

It would fail no matter what. Sony or Microsoft would have to bow out of the console race.

Either that or go handheld only and take over the vita as the 3DS' rival
>>
>>323410540
That fucker was awesome.

I miss sega consoles so damn much anon.
>>
>>323409142
>daily reminder sega owns platinum
no they don't. platinum is a private company
>>
>>323410491
People really want a new Sonic Adventure, though. They could also portray a lot of the more over the top type stuff better with today's hardware. Eggman's robots and crazy machines/mechs, monsters like Chaos, even Sonic's speed.
>>
>>323410370

Nobody cares about Sega characters anymore, and nobody remembers power stone.

Sega isn't just dead; it's buried Abdul forgotten
>>
>>323410753
Sorry you're right but sega does indeed own the rights to bayonetta and vanquish.

I also forgot that they own atlus/persona.

There would be a lot of butt tears on this board of even a quarter of those ips went full exclusive to a sega console.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 295x300
>>323410952
>Sega isn't just dead; it's buried Abdul forgotten

Then it would be their job to revitalize their classic ips.
>>
>>323410952

>Nobody cares about Sega characters anymore

I do
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 1060x698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 1060x698
>tfw i fell for this

It would have been a cool name/logo actually.
>>
>>323410952
And yet here we are.
>>
>>323411330
http://youtu.be/L-TNX1yC-t4

I did too
>>
>>323406365
>What do you do to seperate yourself from the other 3?
Have games.
>>
>>323411551
Sega owns a fuck load of diverse ips that are actually good and haven't been used in over a decade unlike Sony/MS
>>
>sonynyggers
>xbots
>nintenyearolds

What would /v/ come up with for Sega?
>>
>>323411719
Segautists?

is autists still a thing on here? I dont read anymore I just look at pictures.
>>
>>323411852
>Segautist

Has a nice ring to it and fits the sonic audience
>>
>>323411928

>has a nice ring to it

CARLOSSSSSS
>>
>>323406365

Oh shit where to begin...

First off get all the scientists together in a warehouse for a meeting, undisclosed location, stretch limos for scientists, I arrive in a black Rolls Royce. Then I proceed to tell them that I want to make a SEGA - DREAMFAST™

DREAMFAST™ would be the best console ever created - 4 Pascal GPU's with 32 gigabytes of VRAM, a 8 GHZ Skylake future CPU fucking beast bro, built in VR fuck you! Scientists are pissed and proceed to tell me "ling ting tong mui lao egg foo yung too mutt munneeeh" I tell them to shut the fuck up and make it fucking happen or no more rice for little Ching Ming for breakfast ever again.

DREAMFAST™ is announced, price - $18,000
Exclusives ONLY™
Crazy Taxi 4 VR only fuck you! You also need to buy a steering wheel and pedals and a front of a taxi peripheral, oh and a DDR dance mat.
The SONIC™ new franchise, a spin off Sonic but bigger,badder and better than all of your gold cheddar, Hip-Hop thing to lure in the crowd nah mean?
We get Toyota Subaru to fuck off and give us Shenmue 3, you know intimidate a little with an ice pick or what have you, you know just a little nothing too fancy, then basically pay him off and make the best Shenmue ever made on the UNITY engine because fuck you SEGA knows how to science a game. Then multiple VR spin offs and other shit.
>>
>>323411719
PCissies would be a suitable name for PC fags
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
>>323412053
I know that's you Sam.
>>
>>323412053
>Taxi 4 VR only fuck you! You also need to buy a steering wheel and pedals and a front of a taxi peripheral, oh and a DDR dance mat.

jej
>>
File: IT WORKS.jpg (74 KB, 500x1324) Image search: [Google]
IT WORKS.jpg
74 KB, 500x1324
>>323406365
>What do you do to seperate yourself from the other 3? What are your launch day games? What's features do you add?

In order:
>Make it look like a fucking console and not a generic black box (sorry OP, your pic is shit)
>Have the best hardware, since the PS4 proves that's more important then content in today's gaming environment
>Sell below cost, most successful consoles do this so consumers are more encouraged to buy them and invest
>Actually make great first party games like Nintendo, but make your console very easy to develop for in terms of 3rd parties, we currently don't have a console that does both
>If possible, make backwards compatible with Saturn and Dreamcast: make all the old (now grown up) Sega fans come back with this sign of good faith
>Just to piss off the competition sell new games at $50, $10 under the asking price of the rest who provide an inferior service
>Free online like Nintendo but fashioned to be more like PSN/XBL
>Actually find the talent left in the modern game industry and buy them out of their contracts making monotone Assassin Creeds and CoDs, then make them make good, fun games with gameplay instead
>Power Stone 3 (with online), Sonic Adventure 3 and Panzer Dragon Saga Remastered are the first 3 launch titles
>Buyout Capcom after they collapse under their own shitty anus and start actually making all the games they chose not to
>>
>>323412053
I'm sorry but do you think this is a joking manner? What's that you say? Yes? Well guess fucking what asshole, this a serious discussion and you seem to be posting on the wrong board. I think you meant to post this on /b/ and present it to your human garbage bag friends. Don't you dare EVER fucking talk about Sega like. Unlike your fat American lard ass Sega is a pure Japanese company that focuses on high quality entertainment. What was the last legitimately good thing the West has put out lately?...go ahead I'll wait for a reply while you dig deep down into that shriveled up brain of yours which is literally the size of a gnat.
>>
>>323412756
>Buyout Capcom after they collapse under their own shitty anus and start actually making all the games they chose not to

Code Veronica 2
>>
>Let me put a fucking game in my console. and then play it.
>Don't force me to update if I'm going to play offline.
>don't force me to install disc games.
>a UI that's at the very least on par with 360.
>support interchangeable hard drives and external usb storage support.
>4 usb drives.
>controller battery life close to wii u pro controller.
>console no bigger then a ps4.
>Have a VMU like device that takes 1 AAA battery(AA would be better but AAA is smaller).
>A sega saturn D-pad.
>free online.
>at least on par with ps4 power wise.
>Launch games? good ones

Honestly. just do what everyone else is doing right. Take the best from every system you can find and just learn from it. and add a vmu because they're fuckin neato
>>
File: image.png (742 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
742 KB, 1024x768
>>323412756
>>
>>323406365
The best selling SEGA published games are Football Manager and Total War games.

I don't see them on consoles.
>>
Sega was the first to push online gaming almost 2 generations before Nintendo and Sony.

They were crazy innovative.
>>
All im going to say is stay tuned

;^)
>>
>>323413695
my dad works in nintendo
>>
>>323406365

I make a Steam Machine that's basically a beefed up PS4 for about the same price.

I release all possible Sega games on Steam and gift them to people who buy the thing.

Maybe port Vanquish to PC.
>>
>>323413932
>mustards already port begging from a non existent console

Pathetic
>>
>>323414058

It's a more sensible idea than making a new console from scratch.
>>
>>323413932
>that's basically a beefed up PS4 for about the same price.
So expect 10 FPS on low(plus .ini edit) in 320x240 in AAA titles?
>>
>>323414179

Nice meme.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.