[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I played through dark souls 1 and have almost 300 hours played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: memesoulsbg.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
memesoulsbg.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
so I played through dark souls 1 and have almost 300 hours played on it
>Loved it and I wanted to get dark souls 2 but my friends keep telling me not to cause its a bad game and nothing like dark souls 1
>Dark Souls 2 goes on sale on steam a couple days ago
>DS2 + all of its dlc for under $20
>whynot.jpg
>almost 20 hours into this game
>I dont even want to finish it
your thoughts on DS2? DS1?
>>
Dark Souls II is a good game, but Dark Souls was a masterpiece. When you compare them, ugly things happen.
>>
>>323405967
Dark Souls 2 is good action adventure game but not a good dark souls game
lots of areas to explore, bosses to fight, items to find but they all lack substance
can you really call it a souls game when you can beat most of the bosses one the first or second try? although I will admit I did get stuck on smelter demon
>>
>>323405967
this
>>
>>323405967
> Dark Souls was a masterpiece
HAAH WAAW
>>
>>323406143
>can you really call it a souls game when you can beat most of the bosses one the first or second try?

Is Demons Souls not a souls game? Because every boss in DeS is fucking mind numblingly simple/easy except maneaters and allant.
>>
>>323405845
Play Demon's Souls
Unfortunately by now the multiplayer is dead, but the game is still great.
>>
File: EnglishAngoraRabbit.jpg (89 KB, 800x606) Image search: [Google]
EnglishAngoraRabbit.jpg
89 KB, 800x606
>>323405845
If your friends told you it's nothing like dark souls 1 they're idiots. It doesn't carry the same sense of achievement and has bad world design, everything else is an upgrade though.

inb4 fedoras start crying about iframes and hitboxs
>>
>>323406304
Im not going to pretend to have played that game but I thought DS1 was based off it with the whole difficulty thing and that it got it from demon souls?
>>
>>323406143

>can you really call it a souls game when you can beat most of the bosses one the first or second try?

Yes.
>>
>>323406304
Did you go from DaS to DeS?
I went from DeS to DaS and felt the same about most of DaS bosses. They're not easier, we just got gud
>>
>>323406509
not trying to argue but curious
what was upgraded exactly?
>>323406404
I would but I dont own a ps3
>>
>>323406509
Nah. People go overboard on the DS2 hate train but it got some very well deserved criticism. Despite a large number of bosses most are forgettable, a large number of areas and the expansive world suffer the same, some instances of severely fucked up hit boxes and enemy tracking. DS2 was a fine game but they fucked up a lot on it.
>>
>>323406875
>not trying to argue but curious
what was upgraded exactly?

The most important thing, the gameplay

I guess some people could argue they don't like soul memory but you can't argue it doesn't keep the pvp balanced, there's nothing fair about a level 40 with non upgraded gear vs one with +10 armour and weapons.
>>
>>323407547
Thats every souls game. They're all fun in their own way but they are all laughably flawed and all of them have tons of 'did they even playtest this' tier design decisions. Ninja flipping havelfags, the dragon headstone infinite throwing items glitch, rollswapping buffs, all of the abyss magic.

Demons Souls itself owes a lot of its fun factor to how broken it is.
>>
>>323407875
Yeaaaa, no
Bad level design + easy bosses + the boring gameplay make me not even want to finish this game
>>
>>323408986
Most Demons Souls bosses are gimmicks or auto-pilot tier easy.

DaS has no shortage of easy/terrible bosses and bad level design (see: the second half of the game, the 3 asylum demons, ceaseless suicide).

The gameplay is mostly the same as DeS/DaS with notable improvements to Magic and the addition of powerstancing.

i don't even know why i bothered responding because you're clearly delusional.
>>
>>323405845
Play Bloodborne, has better combat and story
>>
>>323409397
>Most Demons Souls bosses are gimmicks or auto-pilot tier easy.
obvious troll is obvious
>>
File: 1439861391477.png (538 KB, 601x1320) Image search: [Google]
1439861391477.png
538 KB, 601x1320
>>323409567
>>
>>323409397
Im delusional?
DS2 is inherently bad
what good is gameplay if the world/characters in it lack depth completely?
>>
>>323405845
Playing DS2 SOTFS right now, loving it equally as much as DS1 and BB. The DS2 hate aura is literally a fucking circlejerk meme. Kill yourself
>>
>>323410506
Im not even trying to meme, the game just sucks and I want my $20 back ;[
>>
Only thing good about DaSII is the DLC, rest is pure shit, seriously. The areas are horrible designed, and don't even make any sense
>>
>>323408986
>+ the boring gameplay
It's almost the same as DS1. There's changes for the worst, sure, but it doesn't make the game boring by itself.
>>
File: 1452417683927.jpg (865 KB, 1280x876) Image search: [Google]
1452417683927.jpg
865 KB, 1280x876
>>
>>323413792
>tfw you kill her reincarnation in DaS3

I can't take it.
>>
>>323405845
I've posted about player motivation before, and people really underestimate how much the narrative affects motivation regardless of how attractive the gameplay is. Both the in-game explanation for why to do anything, and the focus and 'character' of the game that engages the player to spend more time with it.
>>
>>323406875
that's a shame, because Demon's is really the best in the series, and this is coming from someone who went DaS -> DaS II -> DeS
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.