[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I replayed Earthbound, and finished it in 23 hours, actually.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: earthbound.png (18 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
earthbound.png
18 KB, 512x448
So I replayed Earthbound, and finished it in 23 hours, actually.

And what baffles me about this is, why are people getting angry at NoA's censorship now? I mean, thinking about it, a lot of stuff got changed when Mother 2 was localized too, just like these days it's mostly trivial.

When I was playing the game, I wondered, "Will people throw a shitfit about the changes made if it was released in the present day?"
>>
They were kids then
they are manchildren now

that should answer your question, op
>>
>>323405425
I loved Earthbound, but I kind of want to replay it with a more faithful translation. I guess there are some on the internet but I never really looked.
>>
For starters the game's over 20 years old. Not really relevant anymore.

Though I'm curious, what kinds of changes were made in the US version?
>>
>>323406204
http://legendsoflocalization.com/earthbound/

Localization "censorship" is really nothing new. That isn't to say you can't complain about, though. It's perfectly valaid to say that you hated it then and still hate it now.
>>
>>323405425
>I mean, thinking about it, a lot of stuff got changed when Mother 2 was localized too, just like these days it's mostly trivial.
This >>323405765 is part of it. The other part of it is that information traveled slower back then. Today I can google and youtube what games have what localization differences but there was really no easy way to do that back then. Hence, people didn't really realize what changes were being made to a game to begin with.
>>
File: Burgerpants.png (3 KB, 124x184) Image search: [Google]
Burgerpants.png
3 KB, 124x184
>>323405425
Were there just as many poop/fart/pee jokes in the Japanese version as there were in the American version?

That's honestly the biggest thing that prevented me from loving EarthBound.
>>
>>323406439
Yeah but I said they were mostly trivial.
Just like today with NoA's localization, I mean, nothing changed from then and now, they still have the same beliefs.

>>323406572
No, not really.
>>
>>323405765
>>
File: 1430076411680.jpg (210 KB, 673x751) Image search: [Google]
1430076411680.jpg
210 KB, 673x751
>>323406768
>Yeah but I said they were mostly trivial.
I'm not really arguing on that point. I'm just saying your average person didn't know back then.

>I mean, nothing changed from then and now, they still have the same beliefs.
Clearly since they are the last game company to implement region lock on handhelds and consoles.
>>
>>323406434
>It's perfectly valaid to say that you hated it then and still hate it now.
I just mean that the reason people are complaining about the localization of newer games is because it's happening right now, with people currently working at NoA. They're complaining because they want it to stop, and it doesn't really have the same effect if you're using an old game as an example for how Nintendo is currently localizing their games.

Not to say they're right or wrong to complain about it, just that it's probably the reason EB and similar games aren't really targeted.
>>
>>323405425
Because >>323405765 and fanboys of the competition need something to do while waiting for games, so shitposting and false flagging on Nintendo is their only past-time.
>>
>>323407068
>Clearly since they are the last game company to implement region lock on handhelds and consoles.
Well, I meant NoA on it's localization, not Nintendo in general. You are referring to Nintendo.
>>
File: Lewd.gif (1022 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.gif
1022 KB, 500x298
>>323407328
Fair enough.
>>
File: 10FIRpv2.png (410 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
10FIRpv2.png
410 KB, 540x540
>>323405425
Because censorship and cut content only mattered to the fucks here when their 13-yo girls, boob sliders and female action got nerfed out for less-weebish countries. Now so much as a nail being un-textured will be proof of how "bad it's gotten lately" for them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.