[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
civ 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: aU2t2Z4-hb9N.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (141 KB, 878x483) Image search: [Google]
aU2t2Z4-hb9N.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
141 KB, 878x483
dammit /v/
how i can stop playing civ 5 ???
i dont know what spells was cast on me but is so damn adictive
>>
>>323395863
I wish that spell had been cast on me. I find the Civ games to be boring as fuck.
>>
The spell is called "fun". Enjoy it.
>>
>>323395863
part of why i get trapped in a round of civ is wanting to destroy some other civ that double crossed you or those civs that just offend you by existing, like india
>>
>>323396021
>>323396157

well might be the fact that iam trying to leave wow for good
got it this christmas and damn never tought i would enjoy it

i have a few questions
is posible to reach the final research before year 2050 ?? i never finish
do i can conquer all the world or is not recomendable ?
do the turns to build stuff go higher in every new state you create ?? or what obey the number of turns ?
adn last
is germany always so bitch ?
complains for everything and always denonce me

>>323396371
germany is always bitchin me
also fucking islam always want to be the religion of the world
is scary
>>
>>323396540

Research speed is entirely dependent on the amount of science you're producing and game speed. Easily doable if you're pumping science/on quick speed.

How you win is up to you. Conquering the world is not always the most viable but it is possible.

As far as I'm aware the only thing that increases by a percentage with each city you build is science required for research. Culture may be affected too.

That's Germany's AI personality so, yes.
>>
same spell casted on me except it's mount and blade: warband
game is like drugs
>>
>>323395863
I am on the fence about getting it, is it worth getting? Is it really good? I loved Civ 3 and even liked Civ revolution although the latter to a lesser extent if that helps.
>>
>>323397327
thanks
i ask about the city grow cus the 3rd took around 15 turns to made a simple worker and the 4th one 20
maybe cus i made them in a very short time

>>323397618
i never played a Civ game before
and i am loving it
>>
Seeing someone post about enjoying games on /v/ is a dark thing, save yourself anon, leave before this place sucks all the life out of you.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (503 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
503 KB, 1600x900
>>323396540
You know what to do anon
>>
tfw your unemployed father has over 3000 hours on this game and only has this one game on account
>>
>>323398583
tell him to stream
>>
>>323395863
Play EU4
>>
File: mapet2.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
mapet2.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>>323398212
>mfw the last 2-3 games I've played I had like next to no oil/aluminium/uranium at all within my borders
>on abundant setting
>>
i went back to civ iv. civ v does nothing for me anymor..
>>
I played civ V for 10 hours and I hate it.

it takes way to fucking long to play for me, how the hell do you have the patience to sit down for 4 hours without getting up once for fear of losing advantage?
>>
>>323398864
EU4 ??
>>
>>323399007
Europa universalis 4

>>323398873
I would just invade at first for aluminum rich lands, as for oil that isnt a problem once you can make off shore platforms

Also pre gods and kings dlc patch or whatever russias bonus would double all materials up to uranium.
>>
>>323397707

The speed at which you build units and buildings is based off how much production (hammers) that your city is producing. Micromanaging that kind of stuff becomes important if you want to improve at the game.
>>
>>323399451
oh that make sense
with food , whats better ? having a lot more of needed or just the exact stuff

and when you send a caravan, the city that gets the cargo from, lose the food/ hammers exported ??
>>
>>323398212

that shit looks casual as fuck

just play world in conflict you fucking tard
>>
>>323399714
__________________make me_______________
>>
>>323398864
>play down-dumbed shit
I think you mean EU3
>>
>>323399697

Food improves the rate at which you city gains population which is indicated by the number next to the city name. More population means more tiles/slots can be worked and therefore the city is better.

If you send production or food to another city there is only a benefit to the receiving city. No loss of the resource from the sender.
>>
File: wat.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>>323396540
>mfw Germany was spreading Islam all over the world in my last game
>>
>>323400250
nice
btw how i can get more food for an especific city ? farms ? or imports ?
farms food are evenly divided or what ??
>>
What settings does everyone play on?

I usually play:

Earth
Huge
random personalities
>>
D-does anyone want to start an online match? I've gotten as much as I can out of singleplayer.
>>
>>323400820
Small
Quick
Continents

Too ADD for anything else.
>>
How can you make Civ not run like shit? I have FX 6300 and R9.
>>
>>323400505

Farms or specific resources like bananas. Open your city view and manually control labor to see what tiles are worked.
>>
>>323395863

I was on the Civ bug for awhile, then my friend suggested I get Endless Legend this last sale.

Holy shit, I'm addicted more than I ever was to Civ...
>>
>>323403551
manualy ?
havent tried that
thans for all the info

>>323403712
i saw it, is with knights magic and all that right ?
>>
>>323400820
Any Random map that I feel like at the time
Huge

Everything else is pretty much whatever, gives some variety.
>>
>>323404320
>i saw it, is with knights magic and all that right ?

Yeah, it's a fantasy 4x. Some things that I like about it:

>Quests that give a story to world, and nice objectives for you to strive for rather than just building up research, military, or influence

>Each faction has 4 different units, which you gradually upgrade with new weapons, armor, and accessories. The only down side to this, is only weapons/shields are visible on these units as you upgrade them, so it can be hard to tell what your more powerful units are.

>An actual combat system, where your armies fight on the hex grid. It's sort of automatic, but you can give them simple orders, like where to move, and what enemy to focus their attack on.

>Every faction feels much more diverse than Civ, as the unique units, bonuses and upgrades feel like they matter much more. Some factions are so different than the standard, they play completely different.

>Instead of focusing on grabbing as many territories as you can, you can expand the single territory you own with new districts, expanding your city out one hex at a time. Certain factions benefit from this more than others, with one not able to make new cities at all.

>Luxury Resources give buffs that can be activated for various power ups like increased rate of production, or attack damage, making Luxury Resources always worthwhile even in the late game.

>Hero units that are powerful single units that can either govern cities, lead armies, or spy on enemies. Each hero has a skill tree you spec as the hero gains XP.

There's a lot more I like about the game, but these are some of the major difference to Civ that really drew me in. I love learning the lore in the game, about all the different races, and how their faction quest escalates into the end game quest, which is just one of many ways to achieve victory.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.