[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this guy look so scary but come off as impossible to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: Skullface.png (572 KB, 689x720) Image search: [Google]
Skullface.png
572 KB, 689x720
How does this guy look so scary but come off as impossible to take seriously?
>>
But he doesn't look scary. And every metal gear plot needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
>>
He's written like a cartoon villain in TPP. He showed promise in GZ.
>>
I WAS BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE
>>
>>323394451
I was just a boy when we were raided by /b/tards - Cancerous /b/tards...
>>
It'd be different if any of his interrogations were given proper cutscenes, or if we got to see him have some more development in TPP, maybe have him kill someone off.
>>
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
he just looks like a ghoul
>>
File: Ultron-2.jpg (192 KB, 1889x795) Image search: [Google]
Ultron-2.jpg
192 KB, 1889x795
same shit happened to this guy

"There are..no strings on me" my ass
>>
SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE !
>>
such a lust for revenge..??!
>>
FOREIGN SOLDIERS
>>
dine
>>
>my FOB is probably being invaded right now and I don't even care
>>
>>323393843
Because he literally does nothing except shoot a dying black man in a tent and doesn't lift a finger on anyone ever for the rest of the game
Other than that there's this small thing that every character is anime-like but they at least try to take themselves seriously
But this guy goes all out with bullshit and stupid things to say
Also he's supposed to be an extremely skilled XO from the team who covered Snake's tracks during operation Snake Eater yet he acts like a clichè-wrapped clumsy meme character after GZ on
>>
>>323397284
>i never even made a FOB
>>
File: Skull Face & Sally.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skull Face & Sally.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>323393843
His on-screen appearances degraded him. His tapes are fucking amazing though, especially when it's between him and Code Talker
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
92 KB, 480x360
I was honestly half expecting him to do that cartoon sneaking thing, and then he stops to look at the viewer while going "shh".
>>
>>323393843
It's called camp.

The character has a flair for the dramatic, he steals the show with a massive flourish. While that can sometimes be entertaining (See: Zinyak in SR4) it is never entertaining.
>>
>>323394242
He was cartoonish in GZ, too. Just less cartoonish Bond villain and more cartoonish scary bad guy. I mean for fuck's sake his name is Skullface and he tortures a child.

I agree that he could've been a lot better than he was in TPP, but what he was in GZ wasn't exactly promising or interesting.
>>
>>323397952
>Can sometimes be entertaining
>is never entertaining

?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (100 KB, 689x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
100 KB, 689x720
mmmh
>>
>>323400058
Shit, I meant it's never intimidating.
>>
>>323393843
>starts evil guy monologue
>ends it with "WOULDN'T YOU AGREEEEEEEEEEE????"
Every single time.
>>
>>323393843
He doesn't do anything the entire game. He just talks at you.
>>
>>323393843
Every time i see this picture i think its from that cutscene in the original resident evil when you first see a zombie.
>>
File: Venom and Skultron.jpg (117 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Venom and Skultron.jpg
117 KB, 1024x576
>>323397048
WOULDN'T YOU AGREEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Never got a feel for what his motivations were the entire game...until the 10 minute jeep monologue where he just exposition dumps everything into your face. Fucking terrible.

That and Kojima probably saw Zorro or Phantom of the Opera some time during development and suddenly gave him that gay mask which was never explained.
>>
File: such a lust for pranks.png (283 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
such a lust for pranks.png
283 KB, 500x281
>>323401635
I think he was trying to hide that he was rife with parasites. Remember the eye thing Quiet and Code Talker did?
>>
>>323401848
That and any number of fan theories are possibilities, but for all intents and purposes it's never explained or even hinted at in-game. Just like how Hackjima saw Mad Max and cut 90% of Venom's lines from the game because he suddenly wanted a near-mute protagonist..this seems like the most sensible explanation.
>>
File: JF Rey Ocelot Gear.png (289 KB, 511x415) Image search: [Google]
JF Rey Ocelot Gear.png
289 KB, 511x415
>>323402424
Do you also want an explanation for Ocelot's ocular pat down glasses?
>>
>>323402904
It's a significant change in a major character's appearance, it should have had some sort of symbolic meaning or significance but there is none, Kojima is a shallow hack. It's about the same as Big Boss/Venom suddenly losing the eye patch.
>>
>>323403493
You mean like he did when he was in his Ishmael disguise?
>>
File: 1442262990444.jpg (704 KB, 1280x3426) Image search: [Google]
1442262990444.jpg
704 KB, 1280x3426
>>323403493
Its purpose is to make it easier to identify Shota Mantis when he is being controlled by Skully.
>>
File: wtf kojima.png (1 MB, 853x1783) Image search: [Google]
wtf kojima.png
1 MB, 853x1783
>>323403832
...and he lost it because it was part of a disguise and was a temporary costume change, not a permanent one.
>>
>>323403832
>You mean like he did when he was in his Ishmael disguise?
>disguise

which is why he didn't have the eyepatch you literal retard, there's an explanation and reasoning behind the change.
>>
Kojima fucked up and had to rush Skull Face. We didn't even get a boss fight with him, and he shows promise of being incredibly skilled at using that gun of his.

But nope. He gets killed by Huey instead lolololol. Fucking Kojima.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.