[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>great story >great writing >great overall RPG elements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Morrowind_1.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>great story
>great writing
>great overall RPG elements
>dogshit combat
>dogshit character models
>dogshit animations

I mean I get it guys, there's a lot in the game. But you can't act like it's some untouchable game compared to Oblivion or Skyrim. Both of them at least have a better mix of decent story, decent combat, decent world.
>>
File: 55.jpg (55 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
55 KB, 555x555
>>323376062
No they don't.
>>
>>323376346
Yes they do.
How can you say they don't?
>>
>>323376504
No they don't.
How can you say they do?
>>
>>323376062
>character models have a complete overhaul mod that is now around
>animations are completely fixed
>the only issue is diceroll combat which can be modified to be made a little less shitty but is inherently DND and makes it fun.

Whats the problem?
>>
>>323376919
>mods
Not an excuse for shittiness.
>>
>>323376504
>skyrim
>combat
Fucking unarmed combat felt more realistic in Morrowind than Oblivion and Skyrim. At least with high skill in Morrowind, enemies are likely to react to hits by flinching or getting knocked down. In Skyrim everyone's hitting each other with fucking pillows. And don't get me started on the world. Everything was established since fucking Arena and Daggerfall. Morrowind was the only TES game after the first two that actually gave a good chunk of lore.
>>
>>323377219
They react to hits that way in Skyrim too...
>>
>>323376062
Combat is okay. It's by no means as bad as some people claim. In fact, I'm fairly certain most people who complain about it never played the game all too far because after a certain level you're pretty much guaranteed to hit most of the time.

And no, Skyrim and Oblivion were both crap in terms of quest and world-design, simply because they lacked reactivity.

Not to mention that they've more and more reduced the stats/skill aspects to the point where it makes one question whether it's even an RPG one is playing.
>>
>>323377579
>Combat is okay
Literally spam left click to win
How can people say Obl/Sky have no impact to hits when fucking morrowind exists?
>Not to mention that they've more and more reduced the stats/skill aspects to the point where it makes one question whether it's even an RPG one is playing.
Define what an RPG is.
Go on.
>>
>>323377319
>lying
>about a game everyone and their mother has played
No they don't and everyone who's played both know it. Skill level has no affect on staggers in Skyrim's combat system. Go 100+ unarmed in Morrowind and you'll see combat is more believable than Skyrim's bullshit.
>>
>>323377991
He's talking about people staggering from power attacks
>>
>>323378628
Even power attack staggers are RNG in Skyrim. Even worse than Morrowind and Oblivion.
>>
>>323376062
>>great story
>>great writing
>>great overall RPG elements
Story and writing are not the elements that define an RPG "overall". Combat is easily more important but it's bad according to you. Yet you still conclude "great overall RPG elements." You don't know what you're talking about. It's nice in a way that you gave an older game a try, for a half hour or so most likely, but you're probably too young to be qualified to really form your own opinion on it. I'm skeptical of your ability to accurately rate RPG elements, among other things that would be required for that.
>>
>>323376062
gameplay >>>>>>>>>> graphics
>>
File: 1216128.jpg (30 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
1216128.jpg
30 KB, 301x300
>>323379109
>I'm skeptical of your ability to accurately rate RPG elements
I'm much more skeptical of yours. What are your credentials for evaluating RPG elements? Where's your degree?
Honestly, what the fuck are you saying you fucking teen?
>>
>>323379303
>What are your credentials for evaluating RPG elements? Where's your degree?
It's ok, I'm from /vr/.
>>
>>323377826
It's dice roll combat you fucking retard, morrowind isnt an arpg like oblivion and skyrim.
>>
>>323376346

>6

you fucked up
>>
>>323376062
>character models
>animations
Who gives a shit?

>dogshit combat
Get good.
>>
>>323380287
>Get good.
I am good at it, not like it takes skill.
>>
>>323376919
Which mods fix the models themselves? Only found ones that update the skins
>>
If Oblivion or Skyrim had combat like Dark Souls or something, I could see why you'd praise that upgrade.
But they don't. There's nothing to their combat - it's just press M1.

Maybe it's better than Morrowind's combat (I disagree with that - but I'll give it to you for the sake of it), but surely you can't believe the upgraded combat makes up for the worse worlds/stories/etc.?
>>
>>323376062
>But you can't act like it's some untouchable game compared to Oblivion or Skyrim.
Of course we can. In fact, I'll probably end up playing Morrowind again. Can't really say the same for ES4 or5. It was a good game, it's probably even better since the series changed and there is nothing else really like it for an open world adventure game. Why does it bother you people like Morrowind?
>>
Am I the only one who didn't mind the combat? Although granted I put a heavy focus on unarmed so it was fun to 1v1 even the most ridiculously powerful NPCs, and watch them fall to the ground from the power of punching. Having accuracy be tied to stamina was a bit annoying though.
>>
>>323382730
>Am I the only one who didn't mind the combat?
no

the animation sucked but it's better than oblivion and skyrim's systems.
>>
>>323382730
I only liked unarmed in Fallout because there were some actually weapons to boost your attack. The knocking things over and beating them to death was kind of funny though.
>>
>>323384469
kind of ironic to have unarmed weapons though. do cast on strike drain fatigue gloves or gauntlets work with unarmed attacks in Morrowind?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.