[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there's a fuckload of loli too for you degenerates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: pathologic-executor.gif (937 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
pathologic-executor.gif
937 KB, 500x392
so why haven't you played the best video game to come out this millenium yet?
>>
I am right now, trying to make post almost everyday but the discussion dies fast.
>>
The more people shill for a game, the less interest I have for it. I would have probably loved it if I had found it by myself, but now that some pushy faggot spouts shit like this "game of the millenium" I'll avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>323368036
what game
>>
>>323368036
Ok so I'm kinda interested in this game but I still don't really get what kind of game it is.
>>
>>323368264
Pathologic. a mysterious, immersive, dark and poetic game about trying to keep a small isolated town afloat through a terrible plague
>>
>>323368624
it's like a survival game with massive amounts of really cool story/lore/writing
>>
>>323368163
who are you playing and how far are you? me I'll be starting day 10 as bachelor tomorrow morning
>>
File: 1451994087696.gif (987 KB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1451994087696.gif
987 KB, 348x323
>>323368254
>like the plague.
>>
>>323368956
Already as Clara. Crazy game as fuck. Don't stop when you finish one character, you have more to discover
>>
>>323369151
I think I'll finish one more, after that I'll maybe, maybe be done with it, at least for now. That's what's so cool too- if I get tired with the town or the day to day, I can put in 80 hours now and be happy with it, put it aside, and pick it up again in a year and there's a whole 40 hours of untouched content even before I start experimenting with the characters I've already played. There's just so much quality writing to take part of
>>
>>323369428
Maybe because I was high that day, but the last days of every character, specially for the Bachelor were really weird for me (on the right way). I even felt mad with that fucking Inquisitor and the Hausperex the last day like they were real.
>>
>>323369740
yeah I'm... weary of the inquisitor. I like her so far, but.. Inquisitors seem like cunts in general and she has a way of flattering you which is quite suspicious. You always know se has some agenda you're not part of, but she manages to lull me into the feeling like I am, and that's uncanny and impressive. Haruspex feels like he has the same right as me to act, he'll do how he'll do. if he ruins everything it's ruined, if I ruin everything it's ruined
>>
>>323370195
I like your point of view.

/v/ I just want more active discussion about this game.
>>
File: Choices.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Choices.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
So the bachelor is a necromancer, right?

>"Raised" a woman in one of his lectures
>It is repeatedly stated that Death is his enemy
>Seems to wear a lot of black
>>
>>323371430
I would like to think so, but is not that simple.
>>
>>323368036
>Pathologic
Shit, call me edgy, but that screen shot and the short descriptions of the game in the initial posts have already sold me.

I don't want to see any reviews. Just tell me where I can buy it.
>>
>>323371150
there would seem to be so much to discuss. I don't think that many people have played it yet. I haven't found any functional text based guides at all (I didn't know where the fuck Clara was, and I swear I went to bed at Marias that night because it's closer to town) which I think indicates that not many people played it.
>>
>>323368036
I'm waiting for the remake. I played through the original release so the hd version doesn't hold much for me.
>>
as soon as the plague began to really spread into town i was kinda overwhelmed and stopped playing. I'd really like to pick it up again, i just wish it was more conventional and easy
>>
>>323371705
steam. the first translation to english (russian game) was apparently shit, there's a version called Pathologic classic HD that I'm playing right now. translation is good but there are typos here and there
>>
File: vaaappeeee.jpg (112 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
vaaappeeee.jpg
112 KB, 900x1600
>>323368254
>I am a literal contrarian
>>
>>323371705
It's a game you don't want to play without knowing its cons
>>
>>323371946
I read a beginners guide on steamcommunity which really helped me get into the business of trading with the locals to get what I needed. Still took some time to get used to, but you get into it and stabilize
>>
>>323371849
http://www.devisraad.com/sam/path_walkthrough_eng.zip

Love me.
>>
>>323372512
>It's a game you don't want to play without knowing its cons
Are they actual cons or more of a aged badly kind of con?
Cause if it is the latter than I do not care.
>>
>>323373009
I'm pretty sure I do sempai
>>
>>323373021
not him. if I was to list it's cons I'd say
- sometimes very stressful (this is kind of a strength too, but a good idea is to save a lot)
- definitely a walking simulator at times
- you become a trash afficionado and will literally punch a bunch of rats to death (though arguably these are also pretty good aspects)
>>
>>323373601
oh, and: the game is cryptic, sometimes a bittoo cryptic, and doesn't really inform you properly about how the mechanics work
>>
>>323373021
Combat is ass, movement is clunky, you'll be doing a lot of walking, and if you don't save early, often, and in multiple slots you may fuck yourself over royally. On the other hand if you clear the first day it's impossible to fuck up the story outside of dying, the game continues regardless of how many major/minor NPCs die.

It'll probably take you some time to get used to how the world works but once you do it's a wild ride and a half. Can pretty much guarantee you won't find anything else like it.
>>
File: 1403859832856.jpg (324 KB, 1082x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403859832856.jpg
324 KB, 1082x1080
>>323368036
Downloading it. So about those lolis?
>>
>>323373716
>>323373021

Actually a lot of times people just lie to you because it makes sense on that situation. Sounds stupid but it is too hard to see mandatory NPCs these days just giving false information.
>>
>>323373927
a lot of characters in the game, major and minor, are lil girls. I assume that's what you guys like
>>
>>323373927
Little girls are extremely important to the game. Talk to them at every opportunity. Show them what you're packing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.