[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>give my (literally) autistic 6 year old nephew my old gameboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 1392054924493.jpg (2 MB, 5000x4510) Image search: [Google]
1392054924493.jpg
2 MB, 5000x4510
>give my (literally) autistic 6 year old nephew my old gameboy advance and copy of Pokemon emerald because my sister says electronics keep him occupied and calm
>a week later my sister asks me if I can fix it because he destroyed it in one of his autistic rampages

I fucking hate this kid. Do you plan on passing down your vidya to any sons/nieces/nephews you may have? I'm holding onto the rest of mine until I have a kid of my own.
>>
you know what else would keep your nephew occupied? being institutionalized

just throwing that out there
>>
>>323366891
>autist
>destroying a Pokemon game

You almost had me there, OP.
>>
>>323366891
>passing down your vidya
But Valve says I shouldn't transfer my Steam account...
>>
>>323366891
>entrusting anything breakable and valuable to an autistic child

You didn't see this coming?
>>
>>323368046
>my wife's son.
epic meme friend
>>
He should get less vidya and more occupational therapy. If it starts when they're young you can pretty much get rid of it unless they're full on skullpunching drooling demitards.
>>
>>323368046
Don't you mean your son?
>>
>>323366891
>Do you plan on passing down your vidya to any sons/nieces/nephews you may have?
Fuck no. They'll probably abuse or destroy it after they get frustrated. My siblings' kids can get their own fucking vidya, I'm not giving them old equipment for them to mistreat.
>>my sister says electronics keep him occupied and calm
Your sister is a shitty parent who is going to end up being a disaffected mother because her autist son ruined her life by being born. She's going to resent him, and will eventually seek to find ways to pawn him off on other people to not deal with his retard bullshit.
I want to have a kid some day, but I'm terribly afraid that it'll turn out autistic, mentally stunted or with some other congenital malformation. I can't handle the thought of being stuck with an invalid for a child after seeing all the terrible shit other parents have to force themselves through.
>>
>>323368046
>Wife's son
>Not Wife's boyfriend's step son

Step up nigga
>>
File: 1445646527120.png (16 KB, 646x594) Image search: [Google]
1445646527120.png
16 KB, 646x594
lel I'm not giving my vidya to anyone elses shitty kids even if they are immediate family. My games are strictly for my own children. I *have* given vidya and even consoles and old computers away on occasion, but I've come to realize that these things were never appreciated even though they were very eagerly taken from me. Charity is a waste of time.
>>
File: 1389984781185.jpg (122 KB, 947x734) Image search: [Google]
1389984781185.jpg
122 KB, 947x734
>Giving a six year old anything that isn't covered in foam and shoving him in a box full of packing peanuts

Your fucking fault idiot.
>>
>>323366891
Did you give him it begrudgingly?
>>
>>323369063
I've had consoles since I was 5 and never broken any. Started with a Gameboy Color.

>>323369147
Yes. I legitimately hate him. My mother killed herself a couple years ago. She was always depressed but all the stress him and my sister placed on her with all of his special needs and her having to babysit him often pushed her over the edge, I think. My dad has always worked in another state so my sister is my only family I have, so I put up with my nephew for her.
>>
I have a biological nephew and niece, they're already in high school and spend most of their free time outdoors, as they live in Tampa, Florida. Also stepnephew and niece, who are 8 and 9 and glued to their damn electronics.

I still love them all but I don't want the younger two being boring and having no motivation in life when their mom gets them everything they want.
>>
>>323369398
>her having to babysit him
Where is this kid's parents during all this?
>>
>>323369398
>I've had consoles since I was 5 and never broken any

YOU'RE NOT AUTISTIC, YOU FUCKING GOOF.
>>
>>323368046
>caring for a woman's child that ain't yours
Cuck
>>
>>323369398
Is there any hope for him?
>>
>>323366891
>giving anything nice
>to an autist

The only thing you should of given him was abuse
>>
>>323368754
Holy fuck this. I have a mentally challenged sister who is 23 and honestly does nothing besides sitting in her room all day, she's gotten the habit now where she just sits on a chair in the dark and gets angry when anyone comes near her. At this point, she's just a literal 240 pound parasite and if she had a computer in her room, she'd definitely fit in here.

All these weirdass people nowadays, proud of their physically deformed or mentally challenged accident and act like God blessed them or some shit, I would never be happy that my child was born useless for the rest of his life. Abortion at the first sign of a defect.
>>
>>323369579
His father was never around. My mom and sister would take turns watching him and they worked opposite shifts. I was always at uni or studying, so my mom basically only had an autistic child for company when she wasn't working for 4 years.

>>323369840
He's being doing a lot better since starting school. I was "special needs" myself in elementary school because of being bipolar, and the education they give special kids is really top notch. They said he'll struggle a lot until a little after puberty, then be pretty normal.
>>
>>323369782
But anon, what if the real father is a scumbag whose in jail or dead and deserved it (career criminal). You're giving the kid a better chance at life.
>>
>>323369398
I'm so sorry Anon
>>
>>323370220
Then he's fucked anyways. Personality traits can be inherited genetically, even adopted children who grow up in an caring environment tend to be more like their real parents
>>
>>323370220
Not my Y not my problem.
>>
>>323366891
I won't do that, unless it's one of my own that I can trust.

My family gave this one cousin of mine a PC and guess what? It's gone. No trace.

That kid also broke an abandoned DS and a mobile tablet. Geezus, and he's piss-poor too. His mother is working abroad.
>>
I'm an only child so nieces and nephews aren't really a thing I need to think about. And I'm pretty distant from all my cousins so even when they have kids I'll probably never see them.

If I ever have a kid I'll probably just get them their own stuff so it's their responsibility if they fuck it up, and try to teach them to treat their things properly.
>>
>>323370810
Citation? I've grown up with adopted kids in my neighborhood and they grew up like the people who raised them and when I grew up old enough to see a friend and his wife adopt a kid because the wife was sterile (malpractice from earlier surgery, won a fuckload of cash), the kid is 6 now and acts like he did when we were in school ourselves.

>>323370850
Okey dokey, anon. I hope your parents showed you some love because you sound like a selfish faggot right now.
>>
Nope I keep my shitty games locked up in the attic. The only time I have passed on vidya was to my sister. I gave her my old GBA when I got a GBA SP.
>>
I plan to make my kid someone who plays outdoors with friends instead of wasting his time with vidya, locked up for days on end.

Because that shit was me after high school for 6 years and I deeply regret wasting my time, I couldve been a firefighter way back then instead of being on the waiting list for it now.
>>
>>323366891
Well, you gave it by yourself.
There are cheap chinese NES pocket consoles, look for them, they should be OK.
>>
>>323366891
>Do you plan on passing down your vidya to any sons/nieces/nephews you may have?

I'll pass down my vidya to my own kid.
I'll also try to be a parent so they don't have fucking rampages.
>>
My little brother is autistic and he always takes such care about not breaking his electronics. His toys, not so much, but whatever, he's always very sure to make sure his tablet or 3ds are safely put away. He is 12 though and I can't remember the last time he had a meltdown. His autism is pretty mild though as well so I don't worry about buying him new skylanders or whatever.
My younger cousins (6 and 4) are brats though who only play angry birds and minecraft so I'm not spending money on vidya for them in the first place.
>>
>>323368046
GUARANTEED REPLIES
HILARIOUS
(YOU)
>>
>>323368505
he didn't put the peepee in the hole 9 months before he was born, some other fine gentleman did
aka not the father
>>
>Aspergers/autism
Made-up mental illnesses, back when I was a kid you did dumb shit and acted up, your ass got beat. Now shit like this is defended by white people, and dumbasses wonder why white kids shoot up schools and theaters.
>>
>>323370810
This can be very true and very false, it is more likely for siblings and twins to develop the same way regardless of separation and environment
>>
>>323366891
>pass my gamecube onto my cousins when I was 10-12 because I thought they'd get more used of it then I would at that point
>after a month I go to visit them
>find it in their closet all fucked up
Yeah, naw. Never again.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.