[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else prefer the handheld Zelda games to the console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 223346-Zelda-SA.jpg (790 KB, 1018x1018) Image search: [Google]
223346-Zelda-SA.jpg
790 KB, 1018x1018
Does anyone else prefer the handheld Zelda games to the console games? I'm biased because Link's Awakening and the Oracle games were my first Zelda back in the day, but I just tend to like the top-down isometric style more than the 3D stuff, though I enjoy both. Anyone else agree?

Also, general Zelda thread.
>>
Ninty never bothered to improve on the 3D formula, so of course any 2D game is better. Especially Zelda II.
>>
>>323361096

I prefer handheld games in general. Handhelds and my laptop. Hardly ever touch my consoles.
>>
>>323361096
LTTP is arguably the best of that "style" though, and that's a console game
>>
>>323361096
You're not biased at all. I had LA and Seasons as my first games. The minute I saw Ocarina of Time I never wanted to go back. You prefer 2D, me 3D, thats all there is to it.
>>
Handheld Zelda rankings:

LA > ALBW > TH > OoS > OoA > ST > MC > PH > FS
>>
>>323361096
I used to love Seasons & Ages and used to replay them a lot until I found out that Capcom made them. Now I don't think they are so great anymore and I already gave them to my nephew.

Nintendo or nothing pretty much.
>>
>>323365589
Autism at its finest.
>>
>>323365208
ALBW was too short to put it on the second place.
>>
>>323361096
The Oracles are my favorite zelda games, I wish flagship didn't died
>>
>>323365835

I think it was just the right length. OoS and OoA were bogged down by annoying tedious NPC errands and shit, like the subrosian and goron fetch quests... ALBW had none of that and was just fun all the way through.
>>
In general, 2D Zelda > 3D Zelda.
>>
I played OoT first, and now LA and Oracle of Seasons are my favorite Zelda games.
Although Majora's Mask would rank in 3rd place.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.