[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me if I've got this season pass thing straight /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: xcom.png (508 KB, 1646x476) Image search: [Google]
xcom.png
508 KB, 1646x476
Tell me if I've got this season pass thing straight /v/. They're asking me to pay $19.99 for additional gameplay and cosmetic content that's not going to be in the base game (for some reason). I pay them $19.99 now and in 3-4 months I'll get the spring DLC, and in 5-7 months I'll get the summer 2016 DLC.

Someone explain to me why I'd pay $19.99 and get nothing in return for at least 3 months, and won't get all that I pay for for up to 7 months. I don't even know if what I'm getting will be worth that amount of money to me - I don't know what quality the DLC is, because it's not been made yet!

Why would a smart consumer buy this?
>>
oh bro because it's an amazing deal don't you want to be frugal?

of course you have no clue what the content you're paying for will be but eh, people buy anyway
>>
>>323353594

To remove snek, you must become the merchant.
>>
>games with mods
>season pass
>>
DLC season passes have been a thing for years, why do you choose to bitch about them now that it's too late?
>>
>>323353594
Then don't do it
>>
>>323353594
Just pirate it. No reason not to.
>>
>>323359772
I hate this so much
>I like games
>But I won't pay for them so that the devs can make more games
>>
>>323359912
I wouldn't mind paying money for games if I got the whole game.
But I'm not going to pay $60 for 3/4 of the game now and then pay them again in a couple months when they decide to finish it.
>>
>>323353594
Or you could buy the digital deluxe, which is only like 15 dollars more and get the reinforcement pack and a sound track.
>>
>>323360159
Do you even know what the reinforcement pack includes?
>>
>>323353594
They did that for the first game. Stop acting surprised and just pirate it if it's really a deal breaker for you.
>>
File: 1451846294638.jpg (33 KB, 264x271) Image search: [Google]
1451846294638.jpg
33 KB, 264x271
>>323360159
> hurrr if they release content later that means it isnt a complete game!!!
>>
>>323360385
A deadline is a deadline. Do you hand in 80% of your paper to your professor and promise the 20% in a month?
>>
let me play devil's advocate for a moment (trust me, I'm not in love with season passes/DLC)

>additional gameplay and cosmetic content that's not going to be in the base game (for some reason)
Why does it have to be in the base game? Is all post-launch DLC off limits?

The pack that comes first looks like it is entirely cosmetic too. It doesn't even seem like they're setting aside content just to jew you for it later, rather it seems like they're filling in the gap between the game's release and the actual gameplay content DLC that comes in the summer.

Side question: Do you even have to pre-purchase the season pass? Can't you just get the game, decide if you like it, and then get the season pass? I know you're still taking a gamble on the DLC being good or not, but $20 isn't that expensive for DLC (especially compared to other season passes). They did a pretty good job with the additional content in EU and EW too.
>>
are you planning on buying all the DLC and want to save money? then get it
do you want to wait for each pack to be sure they're worth it, but spend more money in exchange for this peace of mind? then don't get it

not that hard
>>
>>323360728
Its only 20 bux if you buy it separate, they have a deluxe edition that includes the reinforcement pack and the soundtrack for less.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.