[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spend more time trying to join a server than actually playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: redorchestra2hos.jpg (76 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
redorchestra2hos.jpg
76 KB, 720x450
>Spend more time trying to join a server than actually playing
>When I finally do join a server, during map switch I get booted off with a 'Server is Full' message
>You can actually boost past the 64 player cap if you join the server as spectator
>Servers sometimes have like 75 people on them

Who the fuck thought this was good game design?
>>
>>323336154
They fixed the spectator bug you can't do that anymore. Just join a slightly less full server if you don't feel like waiting, not like merrils and 40-1 are anything amazing.
>>
>>323337647
> not like merrils and 40-1 are anything amazing.

And yet I don't understand why they're the most populated. I liked Bloodbath but no one plays it anymore.
>>
>>323337647
I only play Merrills because they don't use bots and they're the only server that's not in fucking Nigeria so I get a good ping.
>>
>>323337647
because they use vanilla campaign
>>
>>323337647
Special operations attack servers are a pretty good alternative. Although not always populated they are often a good overflow on the weekends and evenings.
>>
>>323339213
The only servers I can tolerate are bloodbath and RD. Most of these servers have awful map rotations. I never want to have to play gumrakstation, barashka, or station ever again.
>>
>>323336154
>sort by players
>find a game that has ~20 vacant slots
>join immediately and start having fun
I think you're just a retard who wants to shitpost.
>>
>>323339458
Funny, I'd take all those maps you mentioned over Apartments, Red October, and Bridges.

Seems like that's all I ever play now.
>>
>>323340803
apartments is great if soviets are aggressive, as is red october

bridges can fuck off. its about as bad as iwo jima
>>
>>323336154
What are some good Red Orchestra servers?

I normally join the ones that are almost full (60-63 players) but Im sick and tired of apartaments bridges station and shit like that.

Any servers with custom maps or some less popular?
>>
File: 1379628238087.jpg (488 KB, 1280x1161) Image search: [Google]
1379628238087.jpg
488 KB, 1280x1161
>Join a campaign server
>Every battle is personal.
>Server suddenly auto-balances.
>Quit server.

I aint no fucking traitor.
>>
can we all agree that RS is objectively superior to western asian mongrels fighting amongst eachother?
>>
>>323341303
Bloodbath and I believe ROArena run custom maps. Both are fairly new servers, and are only populated during events now.

Bloodbath is actually having one tonight 6:00 pm PST, if you want to check it out.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RO2BloodbathScrimz

>>323341608
The asymmetric warfare is better, maps are worse.
>>
>>323341853
>6:00 pm PST
Damn. Thats 4 am here.
>>
>>323340803
Bridges isn't bad, its just seriously overplayed. The only thing that could use some work is the first half out in the open it needs some work. Red October just needs to make E slightly easier for attackers and maybe make the rest more difficult. It can be done by a good team sure but you need both tanks to know what they're doing to keep the left side locked down and the other emptying the second floor from D, you need engineers who know about the destroyable side doors, and you need marksmen to deal with the MGs on each side shooting up allies spawn.

Apartments has different problems. Primarily that it just doesn't really fit in RO, its way to cramped and grenade friendly to be an enjoyable experience. I mean it's fine if you give attackers both kinds of environments like for example C and B on rakowice but apartments doesn't offer this. The tickets can be easily fixed if tripwire gave a shit.
>>
What is the most fun class to play and why it is German AT rifleman.
>dedicated tank killer
>makes Russian tankers mad
>+25lvl Mauser C96 is fucking amazing sidearm and can compete even with rifles with its low recoil
>>
File: 2015-06-26_00003.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-26_00003.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1080
>>323344276
MG42 desu.
>>
>>323343474

I think all three maps are overplayed, especially in campaign. Nobody cares about picking good maps, they just want maps they can win, even if it means playing the same ones repeatedly.

Apartments has become the "easy win" map that people pick over an over again. Red October can be fun but it just seems like we'll lose it, and then a little bit later we'll be attacking it again when there are much better alternatives we can try.

I seriously hate defending and attacking Bridges. Neither is fun anymore.

>>323344276
>German AT
>Not Russian AT
>Ripping apart Papier IVs with glorious Simonov rifle with original designation
>Suppressed Nagant revolver
German AT grenade is pretty silly looking though.
>>
>>323345030
Russian AT is too easy, I only switch to it on maps where its crucial like pavlovs or if nobody else knows how to do it. German AT is an actual challenge, you have to experiment with different angles and it makes getting that CRUNCH all the more satisfying.
>>
>>323345030
The stock maps all suffer from this except for the ones that are just unbearably bad like gumrakstation. I hope bloodbath picks up, RO2 desperately needs new content.

Also anyone know how far along IOM 1.15 is?
>>
File: reich im out.gif (908 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
reich im out.gif
908 KB, 500x275
>>323344276
>not yellow mortar man

butt seriously theres nothing better than just been a regular rifle man and picking up fallen weapons as you go
>going up grain elevator
>kill tsar with bayonet
>pickup his pistol
>shoot 2 commies on the next floor
>pickup ppsh
>unload all over the grain room
>pickup DP
>get ready to hold that shit for the fatherland
>>
>>323346018
>Using anything other than a bolt as a rifleman
git
gud
>>
>>323337647
>You cant do that anymore

I can
>>
>>323346584
You can get in but you can't join a team, at least as far as I know.
>>
>>323346713
You can. I'll let you figure out how
>>
>>323345030
Does the suppressor do anything but lower the gunshot sound? Like does it lower the recoil?
Difficult as shit to farm it, maybe I should go to bot servers for couple of hours or something.
>>
>>323347079
No change pretty sure.
I leveled mine up playing AT
>>
Havent played the game in a while but whenever I start it up it crashes whenever I try to connect to a server, anyone experience this too?
>>
>>323347406
no
>>
>>323344276
How do I get good as AT? The role's always open and I want to help my team, but all I do is just plink against the tank until my allied tank steals the kill.
I've tried the test fire map to practice my aiming, but, even with the damage map, I still can't seem to hit for shit. All I've really learned is just shoot at the treads from the side, but the point reward vs my effort rarely makes it worth it (headshotting with the antitank rifle is always fun and generally more efficient).
Should I just stick to rifleman/BAR/MG/engineer?
>>
>>323344276
>AT
>best class

That's a funny way of saying Elite Assault.
>>
>>323349248
AT is 30% knowing the spots and the other 70% is game sense and positioning. You need to know the maps really well to know where you need to be to get that ideal angle on the tank. These are the primary weak spots on each tank

T-34
From the front or diagonally aim at the corners of the turret ring, primarily from the right so it kills the player and not a bot. You won't get credit for the kill but you can empty out the tank this way and make an opening for your engineers to approach. The next best option is the sides as you know between the wheels but you need to be perfectly perpendicular and usually isn't worth it. From above you can hit the exhaust ports on the back. Other than that your options are limited. If your tanker is smart ask him to assist you and aim at the same spots. Once he has penetrated the armor your rounds will stop bouncing. There's also one other glitch spot that is very RNG. You need to aim at the round plate above the tread near the middle. It works on both sides front or back but if you don't penetrate in the first two shots you never will don't know why.

Panzer 4
Very easy kill, aim for the corners on the lower glacis. Always works no matter what the angle. If its covered you have a few other options. Aiming at the rectangle on the lower back armor almost always 1 shots. The crew hatches on top are also highly damaging but you need 3 stories of height minimum. You can also hit the sides if you're perpendicular. The iron cross on the left is a huge weak spot but you need to be <100m there's also the commander sight and the slanted corners of the turret but they're unlikely. If you're at an angle, aim at the seam below the driver or mg sights for an easy kill.
If you have the PZB on the other hand just spam the front.
>>
>>323349938
>Look mom, its like I'm really playing call of duty!
Learn to use a bolt or semi auto. MKB is a fucking joke against an experienced SVT player and doesnt drop like a brick at long range.
>>
>>323349248
For T-34 I personally don't even bother trying to destroy it when facing it head on. The chance to blow it when hitting between the hull and turret is so slim and angle dependent its rarely worth the effort so I focus on the tracks.
In most maps tanjs are quite predictable like in Red Oktober where the A point in the factory blocks lot of their movement options as does the C factory making them focus either or both sides.

Reminded me one funny happening in Rakowice, T-34 was heading towards C, I had nice clear view to it and was about to focus on the tracks when I saw tiny bit of movement. I realised it was driver opening the front hatch so I immediately sunk a shot in killing the guy and next shot demolished the thing. I was laughing like hell for a couple of minutes to that.
>>323349938
Not the best but most fun to play.
>>
>>323351208
>what is select fire
>implying the MKB isn't the most versatile gun in the game
>what are different class roles and jobs
>vouches riflemen
>probably sits in spawn zone trying to get retarded long range kills instead of actually playing the objective.

I bet you enjoy bridges as well.
>>
>>323351910
Sounds like you're not aiming in the right spot. Shooting the turret ring in the corner is pretty much guaranteed to kill the commander or loader. The only thing you have to remember is that if their tank isn't level or youre too high it'll bounce.
>>
>>323352336
MKB takes two shots to the chest to kill, rifle takes one. Also you can topfrag with either gun, yes even a bolt. I've done it multiple times. If you have good game sense you can rack up kills easily.
>>
File: 1448592120987.gif (1 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1448592120987.gif
1 MB, 580x433
>The result of making Ostfront casual to appeal to the AAA title FPS audience (not my words, said by Yoshiro's faggot mouth before its release)
>Current year +1 and a lot of bugs/glitches from 2013 remain unfixed, unaddressed and swept under the rug
>Terrible community

Tripwire is god awful at making sequels that don't blow ass.
>>
>>323352746
I agree with you but what's wrong with the community? Forum I'll give you they are enormous faggots but compared to other FPS RO2's community is pretty great. This is the only game I can think of where people are talking strats most of the time and not screaming or arguing with each other.
>>
>>323352746
>terrible community
I only ever notice the community ever dip in quality when steam sales are on to be honest.
>>
File: 2015-06-23_00001.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-23_00001.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
>try to join friend through steam
>server apparently has 73/64 players
>>
>>323344276
Kraut machine gunner with MG42 is a certified warcrime, especially on Bridges or if you're lucky enough to get the enemy team to attack Station.
>>
>>323352746
Some of the bugs are fucking infuriating and so obvious it really makes me wonder why they were never fixed. Shit like your arms disappearing, getting stuck on terrain, crouching into sights from prone only to be forced back into prone for no reason, a multitude of 3rd person animation bugs, etc. Does nobody at Tripwire play their own game?
>>
Does anyone else get frustrated playing RO2 these days? I find playing RS way more fun, maybe i'm just sick of constant teamstacking for axis.

>>323355168
People were mounting mgs backward back when it was in beta so the answer to that is no.
>>
>>323338024

I play there a lot also.
Its literally /pol/ the server though sometimes.
>>
File: 1438336379060.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1438336379060.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
Oh and the other bug that I FUCKING DESPISE

The one with the MG42 where you get one full belt and your spare has like 15 rounds in it, and it doesn't matter how many times you get resupplied you're stuck with the gimped belt with no ammo
>>
>>323355168
Oh they know about these bugs they just don't care. For fucks sake several stock maps are unplayable right now they're that broken
>>
>>323355546
People really over exaggerate the axis stack. Both teams tend to be terrible axis is only slightly better.
>>
File: 2015-06-23_00004.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-23_00004.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
>>323356362
The animation bugs are funny though. Like this Jap I was spectating was locked in this weird animation and sliding around the map. I laughed so fucking hard I'll never forget it, my only regret is that I had motion blur turned on
>>
>>323356698
That's the exact problem, everyone is still joining axis whenever possible. The only way for me to have fun when there's a teamstomp happening is to just take an mg roll and shoot them down.
>>
>>323357637
Yeah but you know it's never been like "wow these guys are raping us" more like "wow my team is fucking retarded". I never have any more trouble than usual Germans are making the same dumb mistakes they just move and shoot that tiny bit faster.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.